Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Is it just me, or does that page have really lovely formatting? Half the captions are above the images, and half are below. Unless there are pictures missing... In any case it's really confusing and sloppy, even if some of those are kind of cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Picnic Princess posted:

Americans, because they can't let the past go. I went there in May and it was annoying as hell using cash.

Where the gently caress in America were you that you couldn't use credit? :psyduck:

Even the street vendors where I work can take credit. If you were in any even remotely major city, you'd be able to use credit no problem! If you weren't in a major city, then I'm sorry.

My favorite life-hack is just using my bank card to pay for poo poo. Who wants to carry cash around? Certainly not me!

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

ChaosArgate posted:

Hold up. You can buy hot dogs from a hot dog stand where you live with credit???

I haven't tried the hot dog cart, but the sandwich truck, Thai food truck, Chinese truck and taco truck can all take credit. They swipe this thingy on their phones, you sign on the touch screen, and they can e-mail you the receipt.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

My co-worker does this when lending books. But she forgets to delete the photos when people bring the books back, so it ends up not really helping at all.

Also that lifehack will work with any phone with a camera function. Or a regular camera. I mean, come on.

What this spit is this? Lifehack for fitting an entire bundt cake in one bowl? :psyduck:

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

HoboMan posted:

Some of these seem kinda good, but others are just nonsensical:

I've put powdered peanut butter in ramen. It's legit. Tastes like Thai ramen.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Palpek posted:

Hahahaha, the pump trigger lock is right there next to it:

At most gas stations I've been to, the trigger lock doesn't work. Like, it's there, but if you try to use it, the handle just slips back down immediately. There's no way to lock it in place.

That image is still stupid for a whole lot of reasons, mind.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Golden Goat posted:

#LIFEHACK: Upset with your partner's breakfast? gently caress it on the floor to signify that you hate smiley faces. Why waste time belittling them with words when you can be a massive dick in less then a second.

https://twitter.com/LifeHacks/status/748614008257781760

Yeah just try that with sauce and have it slowly drip all over the pot handle and spoon handle and onto the counter.

I thought the holes were for hanging on a pot-rack. :psyduck:

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Kwyndig posted:

Did they really used to not give two shits about the environment?

Oh abso-freaking-lutely. Prior to the Earth Day/environmentalism movement in the 1970s, it was extremely common to just dump poo poo (sometimes literal poo poo!) wherever and no-one gave a poo poo. Some rivers were so polluted that they could literally catch on fire.

Things have gotten better, but these days it has moved from "don't give a poo poo about polluting in general" to "don't give a poo poo about polluting if it only affects minorities."

So, ya know, a lot of work still needs to be done.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Ironhead posted:

Onions AND Garlic my friend. I feel your pain.

Jesus. I'm Italian. I think I would choose death!

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Dip Viscous posted:

I'm really glad my mother got me involved with the cooking from a very young age and had me actually cooking dinner by the time I was 10. I'm still not a great cook, but it was enough to make me 90th percentile among people I personally know.

One of my friends was visiting and attempted to help out with food prep by cutting a potato while they were holding it in their hand instead of setting it down on the cutting board. Fingat, etc.

I don't remember learning to cook, but my mother must have done the same thing with me, because I do know how. I made spaghetti for my grandma once when I was in middle school or so and hosed it up horribly, but she was encouraging about it. I didn't gently caress up spaghetti again.

I ate a lot of pasta in college more because I was lazy than anything else. Once I had my own kitchen, I bugged relatives for recipes and asked for cookbooks for Christmas and started cooking like a normal person pretty quickly. Or at least what I thought was normal? Maybe I'm also in the 90th percentile and never knew it....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Kwyndig posted:

For a second there I thought you were going to say "into your skull for when you need that extra hit of class" because that bicycle helmet isn't going to protect poo poo.

Did anybody get a screencap? It's already gone!