Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
precedence
Jun 28, 2010
Nalin touched on this, but melee is way OP. On my raptor it is way easier to just melee. Backstabs do more damage than headshots with the melee perks. Guess I'll just do that until my firecat has modules to make it worth while...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precedence
Jun 28, 2010

Cheston posted:

We should probably keep it in the OP or something.

I've got purple level 40 in Bio-Crossbows, Recluse Abilities, and Air Sprint Cores. Probably doing Biotech HKMs, Dragonfly abilities and Bio-Rifles next if nobody else is going for those.

I've got all modules across the top and down the right. Also have firecat abilities and secondary weapons. Waiting to see what to do next though. I'll probably research raptor next.

precedence
Jun 28, 2010

xxEightxx posted:

Is trading friends only, or friends and army?

friends only, i believe is all we have heard.

precedence
Jun 28, 2010

Inimicul posted:

If anyone with a frame they haven't maxed is close to level 39, let me know. There may still be a bug that relogging after hitting 39 dings you to 40. I'm looking for someone who can verify whether that does or does not still happen.

I just got my recluse to 39 like 2 hours ago..... and while typing this it glitched to 40....

Also, it seems like the fastest way to level is to do high level missions and then just switch frames before it finishes. you just have to have a frame that's 40 already.

precedence fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Jul 19, 2014

precedence
Jun 28, 2010

Morglon posted:

Don't know about your servers but that's what the European ones are like. Only you can't take poo poo while they sleep because they either have people pulling shifts and waking up the others when poo poo goes down, don't sleep at all or share accounts. It's always the same bunch of guys and one of them is always there.

that is hilarious. On the american servers, at least when i checked it out, it was basically a wasteland. I took two towers, and only saw a single enemy dragonfly. I then left because it wasn't very fun... i think that was the middle of the day on saturday.

precedence
Jun 28, 2010
So the vendor that sells level 40 modules for pilot tokens is a the kanaloa research station. accidentally stumbled upon him, and now my Raptor power rating is 990 something. :smug: now time to finish up the epics on my firecat.

precedence
Jun 28, 2010

Butt Discussin posted:

Applied to the goon2 army in game. Do people in the army do a lot of group raids and activity, or is it mostly solo?

mostly solo or small groups so far. we haven't organized too much yet because the game just released with actual content. I'm sure as there are more members getting maxed we'll group up more for pvp and raids.

precedence
Jun 28, 2010

DarkDobe posted:

I hope this is rectified, then.
Not being able to craft more than half of the viable mods is a bit of a punch in the dick.

Yup, crafting is a joke at the moment. In order to craft 1 epic item you need to salvage at least 2 other epic items, plus farming resources, and salvaging other rare/uncommon items. I think all of crafting will have to be rectified to make it even remotely worthwhile. I'm sad I spent so much Crystite back into research expecting crafting to be similar to pre-patch.

precedence
Jun 28, 2010

Lazer Monkey posted:

What happened to alliance bot?

They changed some things about their chat system, so now it's dead. I think Nalin said he could make it work if he used 1 account per army, but he didn't want to deal with it.

precedence
Jun 28, 2010
What the hell happened to this thread? Everyone knows in the event of a giant meteor shower wiping out most of the world's population that Texans would be the only survivors and they would move to Brazil. :colbert:

precedence
Jun 28, 2010

BigRed0427 posted:

Edit: Anyway. I like the game. a FPS MMO Never comes out right. Maybe Firefall nails it?

now if they can just figure out monetization that works and isn't gambling. :confused:

precedence
Jun 28, 2010

Fina posted:

I don't know if anyone has paid attention, but the Plasma Cannon alt-fire seems to do crazy impulse against ragdolls, and on top of that it seems like some ragdolls have lower weight than they should for their size.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=302422787

I launched that poor bastard into space.

this is working exactly as it should.

precedence
Jun 28, 2010

xanthan posted:

Stupid question, but what does this actually mean?

boing is an addon that lets you jump between shards/servers. so you can jump to different shards where OCT is happening for fast XP

precedence
Jun 28, 2010

Nalin posted:

I don't know if you can glide forever now, but travelcats are still a thing.

You can get pretty dang close if it's not completely possible. but it requires pretty much all purples and all cooldown reduction.

precedence
Jun 28, 2010

inkmoth posted:

That is somewhat unfortunate as in the past I never really liked playing as a firecat, and I assume I would need to grind them a bunch to be able to fit those modules with the new system, right?

yeah. It takes quite a bit of time to get decked out to be a travelcat and it means your actually ability to fight suffers.

precedence
Jun 28, 2010

Smoove posted:

Downloaded the game after finding it on a "20 best free games" so far its kept my interest and the frame choices are enticing, chilling in the CTS mumble but I dont think anyone is around tonight, is the Goon presence that dead or just an off night? Midnight in Florida most popular games Goons are running rampant. I just hit level 7 and not really sure if I should hit the dropship to the next level or grind a bit more.

I never get on mumble because I hate talking. But I and several other goons play every day.

precedence
Jun 28, 2010

Ville Valo posted:

Actually sounds like it's a Chosen version of the Celestial Wings - no pad. Which should be awesome.

15 minute cooldown though. So it's a cooler looking Accord Emergency Glider.

Nalin, well done.

precedence
Jun 28, 2010

Lemon King posted:

It has a 15min cooldown and it looks different, good chance people won't be as pissed as you think.

not pissed at all. :cool:

precedence
Jun 28, 2010

Morglon posted:

For a Chosen glider it looks suspiciously like something that they planned to sell for Halloween but decided to add it to this thing so that people would actually play the event. Also I have an extra Electron license I want to get rid of.

It looks like crap. I thought it would look on par with the cobalt phoenix and celestial wings, but it looks like someone just said "let's use bones and lots of transparency." Kind of disappointed with them. Even the cherub wings look better.

precedence
Jun 28, 2010
So I just spent $100 to get the icarus wings, and just got paints/patterns and licenses. worst day ever...

precedence
Jun 28, 2010

xxEightxx posted:

I can't justify spending more money than I already have. R5 haven't done much to earn it as of late, and their unresponsiveness to player feedback makes me feel like they are moving towards a specific point for their content, and it's a our way or the highway motto. So I say chill out, wait 6 mos or a year, and then reevaluate.

I was/am completely aware of my dumb-assery

precedence
Jun 28, 2010

It's also important to note that nothing got incredibly worse. pretty minimal changes for late game besides making OWPVP a little more worthwhile.

precedence
Jun 28, 2010
The halloween event went live last night. The headless Horsemen event doesn't work at all right now.

precedence
Jun 28, 2010

Strike Anywhere posted:

So I have a few hundred thousand crystite, about 100,000 research points, and some research time. I'm unlocking the white level abilities and such that I know I'll want to build.

It looks like I can only get the components to craft this stuff out of the appropriate areas, though. So I'll have to be in Sertao or whatever in the level 32-36 areas to get the drops I need?

I have a new friend starting so I'd like to be able to profit off of helping him out and showing him the game. I know I could run a new frame with him but I'd like to continue with my Bastion. It looks like I can thump in the newbie areas to at least gather some bio materials?

Or should I just forget about trying to get anything out of any zones that aren't around my level?

You'll have to buy the mats or farm them in the lower level areas. You could also get your friend to send you the mats he gets.

precedence
Jun 28, 2010

Errazial posted:

A few questions, i I may:

1. What's Dark Crystite and its variants good for?

2. Is there a practical difference between the various bikes in the shop? They're all listed as being great at everything, but the costs differ wildly.

3. Is there anything else that can help me to get around quickly? I'm mostly using the fast-travel mod, the basic bike and the VIP glider.

4. What's the goon presence like during European evenings? This thread seems kind of quiet.

1. It was used to push back the melding in DT. It will probably be used for that again in the future as well as (speculation) summoning open world bosses.

2. They look different and are different rarities. Not all bikes are the same though. some are slightly faster and have less health.

3. If you're using the level 25 bike then upgrading your bike is a huge improvement. Otherwise no, gliders are great, especially as an assault with after burner.

4. US East is a little goon thin, so I assume Europe would be too. They are probably playing ArcheAge.

precedence
Jun 28, 2010

Epic High Five posted:

Does the Recluse's Poison damage healing perk apply to weaponry? Was thinking of testing that out with my secondary or something. So far though, damage hasn't really been an issue

I'm almost certain it does. I haven't played recluse in a while to confirm, but recently when I played DFly it was working for the bio-rifle.

precedence
Jun 28, 2010

Epic High Five posted:

Oh I knew that, I meant to like, an assault rifle with a poison element.

Combined with the Recluse perk, it means I could use my generally unused AR for emergency heals if it comes down to it.

So far though, survivability hasn't really been an issue. I went with Rhino and it's great

I think the perk you are thinking of is the biotech only perk. You wouldn't be able to use it on another archetype.

precedence
Jun 28, 2010
Soo apparently the new Rocketeer Glider sucks. It only lasts 20 seconds. You would think $50 would get you a little more than that... Good grief Red 5, give us something worth spending money on! :mad:

precedence
Jun 28, 2010

Nalin posted:

JobMem
Originally written by Reicere and modified by me, this addon will let you easily repeat ARES Job Board missions. A "Repeat Job" button will appear on Job Boards that, when clicked, will cause any finished job to repeat itself. You can also use the following slash commands: /stopjob, /restartjob, /repeatjob.

That link isn't working for me. I get an Error 500 from google. I'll try again in a little bit.

Edit: now it just redirects me to a super long URL and never returns anything.

precedence
Jun 28, 2010

Nalin posted:

Arena PvP is being worked on. I don't know if it will be ready anytime soon, but everything I hear says that they are working on it. It will most likely launch with TDM, Harvester (Conquest), and Jet Ball.

PvP 2017. Mark your calendars. I just hope Jetball isn't quite so "kill the other team then score". Otherwise I liked PvP before they took it out. The pool of players was just a little small and matches were often one-sided.

Also, they should up the percbooste boost from maxed frames. 10% is nice but I think 20 would be much more enticing for new players. The story is only so deep and there are 16 frames to max.

precedence
Jun 28, 2010

Morglon posted:

The main problem with the PvP thing is that the European servers are completely dead except for a few Russians running around. And because Boing no longer works I'm completely hosed on that. Ah well.

sounds like a good reason to come to land of the free. :fsmug:

precedence
Jun 28, 2010

Nalin posted:

If you like AoE, try Recluse. Its an AoE God that shits poison and heals itself.

He's lying. Firecat is the master race. But it's not great at single target damage for raids.

Edit: actually it does, but firecat is still more fun.

precedence
Jun 28, 2010

-Troika- posted:

How do you spawn a vehicle from a watchtower?

There should be a vehicle terminal underneath the watchtower.

precedence
Jun 28, 2010
These hard glider challenges are really annoying.. is it just me or are the boosts inconsistent? Green is supposed to go up and purple where you are aiming, but it doesn't seem like that is always the case.

precedence
Jun 28, 2010

lewtt posted:

So uh, weirdest thing happened just now. I was running down the road near Crossroad Stations in Devil's Tusk and I get a HUD pop up to pick up an item, but nothing was visible. Just the regular circle to pick up an item over flat dirt.
I picked it up anyway, and got an objective on my back, except with a weird swirly symbol, and a notification that I picked up "The One of Many Rings".

It's a "One of many ring". It's a LOTR reference. It should have been visible, but it's pretty small.

precedence
Jun 28, 2010
And here i was thinking that Red5 was doing something to keep the spark alive, and then April fools...

precedence
Jun 28, 2010
Arena PVP will risge again! And then promptly die off again. :(

precedence
Jun 28, 2010

RosaParksOfDip posted:

Are they still doing complete gameplay/mechanic overhauls on this thing? I keep checking back now and then to see if it's settled down, but it always seems like there's another major change coming in the next couple weeks/months.

yes, this game is just as much in beta as it ever has been.

precedence
Jun 28, 2010

Mr Fahrenheit posted:

Of course they will!

Just kidding, everyone gets everything reset. So it was before, so it shall be forever

i give up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precedence
Jun 28, 2010

xxEightxx posted:

Basically the problem is too many revamps...

and yet still 1 too few.

• Locked thread