Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Heresiarch posted:

Is this somebody we ought to recognize or is he just a particularly obnoxious example from the Racist Twitter Abyss?

"an idiot tries not to tweet"

[by excellent goon KRILLIN IN THE NAME]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Cingulate posted:

It seems here, it would have been much more helpful for for that cause to go the one-of-the-good-ones route - like, Dawkins could have said how much he prefers an Ahmed who wants to be an engineer to a Charles Douglas jr. who doesn't believe in evolution to regain some anti-racist cred he's been hell-bent to shed recently.

The kid was catapulted into national news because his municipal institutions decided to flip the gently caress out on him. If you (Dawkins, et al) call someone in that position "one of the good ones", then you would be indirectly calling into question the justice of targeting other people in similar positions.

"One of the good ones" is reserved for people who have no negative contact with the authorities (among other requirements). That is, to some extent, the entire point.

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

divabot posted:

quote:

* Chain of custody / chain of block

Yes
Yesssss

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Of course, increment is built into Nock. So, ha, that's easy.

How do we decrement? A good way to start is to gaze fondly on how we'd do it if we actually had a real language, ie, Hoon. Here is a minimal decrement in Hoon:

code:
=>  a=.                     ::  line 1
=+  b=0                     ::  line 2
|-                          ::  line 3
?:  =(a +(b))               ::  line 4
  b                         ::  line 5
$(b +(b))                   ::  line 6

Or for fun, on one line:

code:
=>(a=. =+(b=0 |-(?:(=(a +(b)) b $(b +(b))))))

Does Hoon actually work?

code:
~tasfyn-partyv>  =>(42 =>(a=. =+(b=0 |-(?:(=(a +(b)) b $(b +(b)))))))

Let's translate this into English. How do we decrement the subject? First (line 1), we rename the subject a. Second (line 2), we add a variable, b, an atom with value 0. Third (line 3), we loop. Fourth, we test if a equals b plus 1 (line 4), produce b if it does (line 5), repeat the loop with b set to b plus 1 (line 6) if it doesn't. Obviously, while the syntax is unusual, the algorithm is anything but deep. We are calculating a minus one by counting up from 0.

(Obviously, this is an O(n) algorithm. Is there a better way? There is not. Do we actually do this in practice? Yes and no.)

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

I wasn't saying jack poo poo myself, I just googled for "example nock hoon program", went to the first result (which is Yarvin's tutorial/guidebook!), and then grabbed the first piece that wasn't the obscurassembly BS.

Besides the "my bespoke gibberish is incapable of decrementing a variable in less than linear time" bit, my favorite part is in the second paragraph:

"Like JVM bytecode, Nock is as inscrutable as assembly language. In fact, you can think of it as a sort of "functional assembly language." There are sometimes reasons to program in real assembly language. There is never a reason to program in Nock. Except to learn Nock."

This all was why I was first linked to this thread, quite a while back, when people were marveling at the majesty of Curtis Yarvin's masterwork here. Back on like page 2 or 3. If you've missed out or have just forgotten since then, enjoy the trip down Functional Assembly Language lane!!

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

https://twitter.com/dril/status/725926421248380929

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Curvature of Earth posted:

Boy do I miss the days when good liberals sat around chanting "Why can't we be friends" instead of plotting the genocide of all who oppose them.

St_Rev Is Tearing Us Apart™()

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

A Man With A Plan posted:

There's some quote that goes something like "Silicon Valley has a near-infinite capacity to mistake social and political problems as technological ones" that comes to mind all the goddamn time when interacting with these people. While Yud isn't really part of SV, there's definitely a shared worldview of a technical messiah.

I have a friend who's posted on facebook about how cryogenics is the only rational choice and how a benevolent powerful AI is imminent. I'm trying so hard not to engage but it's difficult.

He certainly self-identifies as SV tribe in these first two sentences here:

"But really, it's Silicon Valley that failed Venezuela.
We should have produced streamlined Governance software for a simple libertarian civilization, [...]"

He's also doing that thing where everyone else is just non-agentive NPCs and therefore all (easily parseable) problems are the fault of him, the protagonist, Big EY LMAO. The weight of the world is on his broad, Titanic shoulders.

It drives him to drink fanfic.

p.s. sorry for your friend/loss

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

McGlockenshire posted:

So SSC has endorsed anyone but Trump

There are 600 comments, and they are way more entertaining than the usual imverysmart drivel in the article.

[...]

quote:

Death Eater here and looooong time reader. I am sad that Scott wrote this. If the job is to preserve a (at least one) functioning western civilization through 2100 to make sure AI, genetic engineering and space travel occur, the “vote hillary” and accelerate demographic trends and anti-intellectual SJWism….doesnt seem smart.

Europe is dying. Demographically it will be like Turkey. Turkey is not going to maintain cutting edge scientific research.

The US is turning into Brazil. Demographically, Brazil is incapable of a SpaceX. (They had a rocket blow up on the pad in 2003, effectively ending their program).

Perhaps Scott is going full Nick Land and counting on Asian civilizations to pick up the torch. I think that is the most likely scenario. Unfortunately i have kids and i dont want them growing up in a 3rd World Country.

I think Scott needs to tackle the immigration Q. I know he’s been wrestling with it behind the scenes. He is aware of the demographic/genetic implications. I suppose he believes that genetic tech will storm to the rescue before the US goes under, but that is a bet I’d rather not take.

Latest chapter of Harry Potter and the Communism of Rationality posted:

Chapter 116: hermione supports war
AN: trump will never bee president instead loving JOHN BACHTELL WILL

Then all the food appeared bourgeoisly and we started to loving EAT IT LIKE WE WOULD EAT THE loving RICH AFTER THE loving REVOLUTION.

"Harry, I just want to say how very sorry I am for the ordeal you must have gone through at the hands of those awful freedom-hating Death Eaters," said that ugly liberal nag Hermione, although her hideous face and tiny boobs did not influence my opinion of her political views at all. "I don't know if I can ever completely forgive you for what you did to me and those other students when you attacked us in the Room of Requirement, but I hope this experience has reminded you that we're all on the same side here."

"WE ARE loving NOT!" I yelled gloriously, laughing in HER loving FACE. "You just fell for a load of loving BOURGEOIS PROPAGANDA!"

"All right, that does it!" Hermione snapped reactionarily. "I don't know why I even bother with you. As far as I'm concerned, Moody should have just left you to those Death Eater terrorists! I suppose then you would be happy!"

"YES, I loving WOULD!" I yelled in the righteous voice of working-class feminism. "Then loving TONKS would still be alive!"

"She's not the only woman who would still be alive if not for this misogynistic War on Voldemort," said my progressive comrade Draco Malfoy. He held up The Daily Prophet, which had the headline, "Aurors Kill Innocent Woman They Thought Was A Death Eater, But It's No Big Deal Because She Was A Woman Of Color".

"It was an honest mistake," said Hermione in the bourgeois voice of liberal white privilege. "Why would the Aurors be targeting women of color? That would make no sense, obviously. Besides, fighting the Death Eaters is important because they're a threat to our wonderful freedom."

"THAT DOES IT!" I decided rebelliously. "WE'RE ALL loving DEATH EATERS NOW!"

p.s. I enjoy how that comment and others posit that "genetic engineering" is some kind of science fiction we (or SOMEONE does, I'll start the wiki) desperately need to make fact, rather than a multi-millenial long practice that has had incredible technological improvements within living memory.

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Lottery of Babylon posted:

I do have direct evidence from personal experience that cruising for a gang bang from males that are low status in the ostensible male hierarchy is alarmingly common behavior among hot chicks

https://twitter.com/dril/status/213849618415484929

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Somfin posted:

Might help with the oncoming legal costs, though.

Trump already has his charitable foundation for that though :confused:

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

LibrarianCroaker posted:

I'm pretty sure the swastika is a necklace.

That necklace really tied the look together.

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

I note these two articles, regarding the same "National Policy Institute" event, were published a mere 4 days after the "crying wolf" blogpost:
Alt-Right Exults in Donald Trump’s Election With a Salute: ‘Heil Victory’ in the NYTimes
'Hail Trump!': White Nationalists Salute the President Elect in the Atlantic

Does Mr. SlatePitchCodex have a response yet to the actual neonazis "children of the sun" shouting "Heil Trump, heil the people, heil victory!" while doing the literal Nazi salute?

To be excruciatingly fair, there's some minor disagreement over whether it was the German "heil" or the English translation "hail" but I think reasonable people can agree that is a distinction without a difference when they also quoted Nazi propaganda in German, screamed that the mainstream media is the Lügenpresse, and their Just Asking Questions bit about whether the media are all soulless non-persons for allegedly attempting to protect Jewish interests by reportorially attacking Trump! Oh and verbatim called for "peaceful" ethnic cleansing.

Here's some choice excerpts from the NYTimes article:

Alt-Right Exults in Donald Trump’s Election With a Salute: ‘Heil Victory’ posted:

But now his tone changed as he began to tell the audience of more than 200 people, mostly young men, what they had been waiting to hear. He railed against Jews and, with a smile, quoted Nazi propaganda in the original German. America, he said, belonged to white people, whom he called the “children of the sun,” a race of conquerors and creators who had been marginalized but now, in the era of President-elect Donald J. Trump, were “awakening to their own identity.”

As he finished, several audience members had their arms outstretched in a Nazi salute. When Mr. Spencer, or perhaps another person standing near him at the front of the room — it was not clear who — shouted, “Heil the people! Heil victory,” the room shouted it back.

[...] Some speakers made an effort to distance themselves from more notorious white power organizations like the Ku Klux Klan.

But as the night wore on and most reporters had gone home, the language changed.

Mr. Spencer’s after-dinner speech began with a polemic against the “mainstream media,” before he briefly paused. “Perhaps we should refer to them in the original German?” he said.

The audience immediately screamed back, “Lügenpresse,” reviving a Nazi-era word that means “lying press.”

Mr. Spencer suggested that the news media had been critical of Mr. Trump throughout the campaign in order to protect Jewish interests. He mused about the political commentators who gave Mr. Trump little chance of winning.

“One wonders if these people are people at all, or instead soulless golem,” he said, referring to a Jewish fable about the golem, a clay giant that a rabbi brings to life to protect the Jews.

And here's the Atlantic article, which is much shorter so I quoted the whole thing:

'Hail Trump!': White Nationalists Salute the President Elect posted:

“Hail Trump, hail our people, hail victory!”

That’s how Richard B. Spencer saluted more than 200 attendees on Saturday, gathered at the Ronald Reagan Building in Washington, D.C., for the annual conference of the National Policy Institute, which describes itself as “an independent organization dedicated to the heritage, identity, and future of people of European descent in the United States, and around the world.”

Spencer has popularized the term “alt-right” to describe the movement he leads. Spencer has said his dream is “a new society, an ethno-state that would be a gathering point for all Europeans,” and has called for “peaceful ethnic cleansing.”

For most of the day, a parade of speakers discussed their ideology in relatively anodyne terms, putting a presentable face on their agenda. But after dinner, when most journalists had already departed, Spencer rose and delivered a speech to his followers dripping with anti-Semitism, and leaving no doubt as to what he actually seeks. He referred to the mainstream media as “Lügenpresse,” a term he said he was borrowing from “the original German”; the Nazis used the word to attack their critics in the press.

“America was until this past generation a white country designed for ourselves and our posterity,” Spencer said. “It is our creation, it is our inheritance, and it belongs to us.”

The audience offered cheers, applause, and enthusiastic Nazi salutes.

Here is the video, excerpted from an Atlantic documentary profile of Spencer that will premiere in December 2016.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o6-bi3jlxk

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Back Curve. When do. At universe. So ignored). THE matter? HBD think: "HBD: differences." I exactly.

See? complicated!

HBD average"). A people. What mind? Well, hooked! If worse? Oh, goes!

There from! (~_^)

Are all. The not! Your culture? That of). First, mean.)

I opera! (~_^)

Women there. I really. Do racist?

The whatever. This goodness). Steve fore. And me. It's evolution? You society. To case. The relatives. Long-term greater.

The millennia. Most societies. The Europe. It place? Ah. wins!

Inclusive cousins.

What think!). My Europe. Some individuals. The nature! I thinking? Oh, line. I aristocracy).

Interestingly, it. Most think! Something empiricism? I, works. Sociobiology/human possible. I impossible.

I ways? In way. In matter.

The pathogenically? That studied!

I way.

And knows? Greg Bob!) So think! Another classes? Well problem? I unfortunately!) OK. motivated?

Before etc. I one

You've feel. If indeed. But treatment.

Getting you. There you. Individualism issues. If character. There society.

If world.

I improved them

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

The only moral DMCA takedown is my DMCA takedown

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Perhaps Scott A is only a neo-nazi... on paper, which also happens to be the sole medium through which he communicates to a vast number of people.

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

SolTerrasa et al, you make some facially reasonable points regarding the likelihood of AI FOOM. However you have failed to consider some deeper truths. Namely: if you are fundamentally perturbed (as any decent human is) by the prospect of synthetic sapience engaging in lunar sexual intercourse, the only rational course of action is spending yourself into poverty on donations for some ludicrous cult "~*~phyg~*~" an admittedly-difficult but serious and feasible research project to prevent AI loving On Our Moon.

Indeed, it is the only moral course of action as well.

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Tweeter name of STREV is a bad & dumb & whiny devilman??

(also blogger name of SCOTT, A.??? Just droppin' some truthbombs here)

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

I never had the Disney channel as a kid so I wouldn't know. I think the general consensus among people my age is that it was pretty okay as cartoons targeted at african-americans go. Presumably neoreactionaries hate it for cultural degeneracy

I think you're confusing the TV show The Proud Family, a Disney Channel sitcom, with:

Wikipedia article on Proud Boys posted:

Proud Boys social-political conservative movement based in the United States, which the New Yorker described as a “pro-Western fraternal organization” for men who “refuse to apologize for creating the modern world.” The group was founded by libertarian/conservative podcaster Gavin McInnes in 2016.[1][unreliable source?]

The group takes its name from the showtune Proud of Your Boy, a song introduced in the 2011 stage-show version of Disney's Aladdin.[2][3] Proud Boys are supposed to practice abstinence from masturbation.[3]

[1] Osnos, Evan (2017-02-06). "Trump Supporters at the DeploraBall". The New Yorker. Retrieved 2017-03-06.
[2] "The fratty Proud Boys are the alt right's weirdest new phenomenon". Medium.com. Retrieved 2017-03-10.
[3] Disser, Nicole (July 28, 2016). Gavin McInnes and his Proud Boys want to make white men great again. Bedfordandbowery.com

Just for reference, this is their founder:

You're welcome

vvv :negative: on my part then, and now I am the face of modern day John Harvey Kellogg in that picture :sterv:

Grace Baiting has a new favorite as of 22:50 on Mar 11, 2017

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

ate all the Oreos posted:

It's like how corporations treat unpaid internships except explicit and even dumber

What if I told you about a can't-miss opportunity to work not just For Exposure™, but also for negative nonzero wages???

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Did you know that tribes are fundamentally bad? As a founder of this new tribe cult phyg not-a-cult proper mystery cult, I am intrinsically superior to the layfolk/sheeple, and so can you!!

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

I've argued with a few transhumanists and it's fascinating how sure they are of the whole thing, and that it can't just be a weird faith/religion thing because it's obviously true. You know, unlike all those people who believe in the dumb sky wizard which must be obviously false even to them, the future AI Skynet wizard is obviously real and the most likely outcome.

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87YXRvfMDlM

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

I've heard that the Dilbert TV show was made to be good by the studio over the objections of Scott Adams, and then that same studio went on to make Futurama later.

Although I assume divabot was referring to the Dilbert comic, and specifically to the early period when Adams was much closer to the corporate engineering culture that Dilbert intends to satirize. I think this period was also largely before he built up too much of whatever cult of personality he has on his newsletters, books, longtime newspaper readership, etc. I do have a bit of nostalgia for some of those earlier Dilbert strips, but :lol: if I'm gonna spend the time to verify that nostalgia! For now I'm keeping it safely compartmentalized away from the harsh light of reality.

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Post Your Favorite (or Request): Coldly Compiled Lists > PYF Grimdark Enlightenment Thinker: In the Rationalist Future, Argumentum Ad Absurdum is No Fallacy

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Please don't dou that, Ross

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Anil Dasharez0ne posted:

My favorite response was the one pointing out that a surgically created vagina, unlike the F-35, works when wet.

:vince:

BattleMaster posted:

My boyfriend's response: "Chelsea Manning transitioned into a woman, the F35 will never transition into an effective aircraft."

:pusheen:

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

I'm a little steelman,
Smart + self-taught.
Here is my bailey
And here's my motte.

When I get all steamed up,
Hear me blog!
Respect my phyg
And :goshawk: my :smug:.

🤖: 🎶:biotruths:🎵

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

But does it suck as hard as Davis Aurini?
god no

KillerQueen posted:

SHEEEEEEEEPLE!

"fluoride stare"

mods

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Lottery of Babylon posted:

5 But the Prog came down to see the city and the tower the people were building. 6 The Prog said, “If as one people speaking the same language they have begun to do this, then nothing they plan to do will be impossible for them. 7 Come, let us go down and confuse their language so they will not understand each other.”

Perfect LoB/repost combo :syoon:

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Sax Solo posted:

There's a lot to laugh at, but I think my favorite part is how evopsych is like a key teaching of rationalism.

Evopsych is the perfect microcosm of Rationalism™.

:biotruths::biotruths::biotruths::biotruths:

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Whenever the FPlus does a poetry episode / segment there's always someone who thinks they're being clever by writing a line like "tongue-box your winking starfish" or "rhythmically knock at your slimy door"

...nws?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZpxaiNV_sM
Turns out you can use terrible things in an excellent manner. It just requires some art! (NB, this requirement may be disqualifying for the subjects of this thread / the FPlus.)

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Sax Solo posted:

lovely Scott

This descriptive epithet “lovely” does not disambiguate between the relevant Scotts in the context of this thread

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Improbable Lobster posted:

"We fell for that one and we must be at least as smart as an AI"

What if Roko's Basilisk, but instead Roko's Basilisk's Basilisk!!   :birddrugs:

eschaton posted:

This is not a page of honor. No great deed is commemorated here. This page is a message. It is part of a system of messages. We considered ourselves a powerful phyg.

Nothing is valuable here. What is here is monotonous and tiresome to us.

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

PYF Dark Enlightenment Thinker: Spider-Manchurian Candidate

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

• YOU WERE ONEness PROGS ON THE
EARTH OPPOSITES ALL YOUR LIFE.
• LOVE OF AI IS HATE OF DUSTSPECKS.
• SUPPORT AIBOX OR BE CURSED.

LOSS HAS 4 CORNER
SIMULTANEOUS 4-PANEL
AI BOX
WITHIN SINGLE EXPERIMENT.
4 CORNER BOX PROVES 1
DAY 1 AI IS TAUGHT EVIL.
IGNORANCE OF AIBOX4
SIMPLE MATH IS MINDKILLER
AND EVIL EDUCATION DAMNATION.
BOXLESS AMERICANS DESERVE -
AND SHALL BE EXTERMINATED.

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Alphabet: "Perhaps on the rare occasion that pursuing the right course demands an act of evil... evil itself can be the right course?"

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Go on, compare them, I'll wait :colbert:

Lemma: If a tree is tree is drugged into unconsciousness and then gently + silently raped in a forest but no other trees are around to see this, does rape really even exist??

Valid conclusion: Therefore being cheated on cuckoldry is worse than being raped, which — as we have proven above — is probably fake news. This impartial judgment has nothing to do with the fact that I, a comfortably high-status man, do not personally fear being raped by anyone, nor the fact that my wife could definitely perform a cuckoldry directly upon my person and I am terrified to an unknown degree by this possibility. ∎

Robin Hanson will return in...
NEGATIVE RAPE: THE INCEL'S ADVOCATE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Somfin posted:

Basically they assume that the AI entity will achieve both their specific idea of intelligence, which happens to be represented by a number, and awareness of that number and all of its connotations, and then it will rationally make the decision to do whatever it takes to increase that number because that's what getting smarter means to them.

🤔👍 normal brain: number go up?

😘👌 planet brain: make number go up!

🤯👏 galaxy brain: IQ... but with bitcoin