Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

NESguerilla posted:

It's really funny watching Youtube videos for the free PS4 PS+ games and reading the comments. If Sony hosed up PS+ in one way it was setting the bar so high on PS3, because it seems like every idiot feels like he's being robbed because the free games for the month weren't Watch Dogs and The Last of Us or something similar. Like, 2 15 dollar games a month is not enough to justify and $50 yearly sub that you also need to play online.

Also, Youtube commenters REALLY hate 2D games.

Unfortunately gamers are literally the worst/most entitled people ever. Ps+ wasn't a thing on the ps3 for like the first 4 years of its life right? Then the first year of ps+ was indies like we're getting now. It was slow to get up to stuff like watch dogs or bioshock infinite. We're ahead of the curve relative to ps3.

If people are bitching this bad about our ps+ selections these days, how bad must it be on the xbox side?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Yeah the article mention it's gonna be close to 40 dollars in Japan. But they should release it for like 15 dollars here on ps3 and 20 dollars on ps4. That's just a better price point and that's what they did with re4. It came out for like 20 bucks I think.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Keep the remasters coming. They make good fodder for ps+.

I won't be happy until we get the Souls games and maybe Mass Effect in remasters editions. And while we're at it, dead space too.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Pleads posted:

Metro Redux released a ~6 min exposé on the changes for the Redux versions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CldcNrxJCdw

I'm stoked. Have 2033 on PC but couldn't run it well enough to enjoy at all. I wanted digital but if the disc has both and winds up being cheaper I guess I'll continue to add more stupid physical media.

Isn't the disc more expensive since tax? (unless you live in Europe) also I'm pretty sure the disc has both and the only difference is digitally you can buy them one at a time so that means you could buy 2033 by itself and whenever you finish it, last light might be on sale.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Steve2911 posted:

Yeah this poo poo really needs to stop. Even if they're pouring resources into the Bone version or getting an entirely different team on the 360 one, the game will still be limited, in some way, by hardware from 2005. It's 2014 and that is pathetic.

This is actually more worse than tr2 being timed exclusive.

I bet it was part of Microsofts terms too, look how many games are still going for 360/xbone (titan fall, forza horizon 2, etc etc.)

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Sistergodiva posted:

My internet just went down and The Last of Us stopped working until I get my connection back? This is pretty loving bullshit, I though they didn't have any always online DRM?

This is a licensing issue. Make sure your account is a primary on your ps4 and/or restore your licenses.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

bobby2times posted:

"There's no limit on the number of times you can use Share Play, meaning you can conceivably start Share Play up again and continue playing."

You were doing so well Sony. What the hell is the point?

That's probably the best way they can do this. They don't want people to abuse this by letting you then on your ps4 in the morning and letting a friend play all day.

My guess is, it just needs validation every hour. So you could still let your friend play as long as you connect it again once it drops.

The only people unhappy about this are likely were going to mooch off games off other people. buy your own drat games

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

nate fisher posted:

Just to be clear a game takes up the same amount of HD space no matter if it's digital or disc based (since disc based is install on the HD anyway)? I am debating Diablo III digital or not.

Pretty much. All you want to consider is 'am I going to resell this? Or can I download it all by the time I want to play it?'

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Seedge posted:

This was the same argument before TLOU came out. If you want it at 60, buy it at 60. If you want it cheaper, wait for it to become cheaper. It is not complicated.

Hopefully we have more digital sales going this generation forward. People must realize that if they keep reducing the price slowly over time, they'll capture even more sales. It's not that people aren't interested if your game, period but rather not interested at that price point.

I think Tomb Raider is a neat game for 30 bucks or less. Full price (original or remastered) wouldn't do it for me. Thankfully just about everything seems to go on sale. Except infamous so far and it's been out for like 4 months? (digital sale that is)

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

blackguy32 posted:

I guess Metro Redux is my next purchase. I am kind of bummed that they got rid of some of the special effects of the original, but maybe they can add it with a patch. I never got to play the games the first time around.

First I've heard of this. What effects are they getting rid of?

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

IcePhoenix posted:

I hope I'm not opening up a can of worms with this post but I didn't see anything in the OP that helped me much so

I'm getting a next gen system soon for Destiny (and other games, obviously, but Destiny was my starting point) and am wondering which system has the better exclusives lineup. I was more into the 360 last gen, but was leaning PS4 this time because it looks stronger from a hardware standpoint, but the only exclusive I really know about that interests me is for the XBone (Sunset Overdrive). Is there somewhere that lists and compares the exclusives? Is there anything else worth noting?

Bloodborne is all you need.

(also the ps4 has the better running version of destiny with the most exclusive content.l

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

C2C - 2.0 posted:

RE: 2TB HD's

I consider it future-proofing; by this time next year, I'm gonna have a lot more on my PS4 than I do now.

Plus, the 2TB isn't a bad price at all AND I've got an extra 500Gb portable from the swap.

It also QUADRUPLES your space from the stock hard drive. It might be a while before we see 3TB in a size the PS4 can support, and that would only be a 50% increase in space over a 2TB. Though, at even 2TB, I should delete stuff I probably never will play again like BF4, when the newest one comes out, or Final Fantasy 14 when my subscription goes, and I won't touch it again.

I wouldn't be surprised if one day, the PS4 could support external drives. The Xbox One does, after all (but the internal drive cannot be replaced)

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Szurumbur posted:

Yeah, I toggled the "connect to the Internet" option off and the console just tells me that the connection to the Internet is off. Oh well, they were still popping, so I suppose no harm done.

It's still really weird, for a console that was supposed to be able to fully function without Internet (barring the day 1 patch, of course).

The PS3 could hold its trophies offline.

The PS4 will still have trophies pop, but it appears to only save them so it can sync them whenever it can.

It is fully functioning, it's just that trophy data is not saved locally.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Every single PS4 skin on this page and the last is horrible.

The only true amazing one is the White PS4.

September 9th. :getin:

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Cardboard Fox posted:

Persona 4: Golden on PS4 :getin:

And then the majority of users end up remote playing it anyway.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Christoff posted:

It already has

Isn't it already most pre-ordered new ip? It's gonna turn into best selling new ip. And maybe best selling first game in a franchise.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Hey motherfuckers. Store page says mine craft is out today!

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

univbee posted:

Link? Not seeing anything.

It's the banner on front. The actual page itself isn't up.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Feenix posted:

I still haven't even found the banner. I do hope you are right. :)

(and I guess once I buy it, I hope I like it...)

Here you go buddy.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

JazzFlight posted:

Please please please...

Minecraft is the best "zone-out on the couch" game that doesn't really require anything from you. It's just fun to build your perfect little fortress and explore.

I do wish they had incorporated some cool graphical tweaks and shaders that 3rd-party mods do to the PC version into the PS4/XBO version though. It's cool seeing realistic water, swaying leaves, or depth of field effects in Minecraft.

Well it is possible they could do this for ps4 minecraft. Sell mod packs that enhance graphical capabilities.

Or just sell a texture pack (they already do this) for ultra realistic world. Only on ps4.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

To answer your questions, if you die you respawn in your bed.

And for the second, yes.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Speedball posted:

gently caress me, PS4 Minecraft has MORE trophies than PS3 Minecraft. *howl*

Hey if you ever want to try and do them together, add me:

IneffiableFx

It's pretty easy to set up a lot of these, save, then do them and reload the save so someone else can get it. You can get a lot of people trophies just by setting up your world correctly.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Szurumbur posted:

Although it'd be wonderful to be able to return digital copies just like physical ones, for the time being I'm resigned to treating them as unrefundable unless stated otherwise, it seems like that's the idea for now.

Please explain how you can have this kind of environment without it being abused. Returns within 48 hours? People would buy a game on Friday, spend all weekend playing it and return it on Sunday.

We just need full game trials to come back but that's not likely.

Also, statistically, demos lose more sales than they gain,so it's in the publisher's interest to just hype you up for the game with careful marketing so you buy a brand new copy as close to day one as possible.

Sorry. Only buy digital if you know you seriously want that game.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Croccers posted:

So I've picked up a Destiny PS4 bundle but I can't activate my PSN+ 1 Month Trial I got with the game. I'm getting an E-8200012F error.
I haven't paid for a PSN+ sub on my PS3 (Using the same PSN account) before but I did get that free PSN+ during that credit card thing, does that gently caress me over using the Trial code?

Wait until later this week.

Most one month trials are actually just 30 free days (like with the first shipments of ps4s) and can be added to a normal code.

However your destiny ps4 isn't supposed to be out until tomorrow. I bet those codes aren't activated for use until when the store updates tomorrow.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

I'm gonna need some loving details on this right now.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Kojima would be the only guy insane enough to do it.

He's pretty proud of his Fox Engine and I bet he has enough weight to greenlight a collection like this with Konami.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Crappy Jack posted:

Nah, only a few issues, and not for everybody. Personally I never had any of those glitches, but I was also playing it on a non-stock hard drive; I would imagine they would be able to iron that stuff out, especially with Sony's pressure on studios to deliver games digitally.

The issue was also a result of low ram on the old consoles. With the amount in the ps4 this won't be an issue.

Buy it digital.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Yeah I think the thing about Destiny is that it seems to be a platform for many large content updates in the future. I already am invested in the expansion packs, but I think the game really does shine once you hit Venus.

It'd also be nice to get Destiny 2 that's current gen only, and they do something that really can only be done on PS4.

Frankly, you do have to admit, the only thing about Destiny right now being on PS4 is getting nice visuals. And it's probably the largest population right now and in the future.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

a cop posted:

This isn't even close to true. Higher levels have better 1hK abilities (Better supers, titan shoulder charge, etc) and purple gear with multiple modifiers that give them advantages over others. If two players go to melee each other and one of them has the "Faster melee speed" modifier on their gear they'll win. If two players run out of ammo at around the same time the one with the 'faster reload speed' modifier will win. There's purple gear with both of these on a single item. Epics give people radar while aiming down sights, drastically reduced recoil, and a slew of other edges over level 5-19 people.

Can low level players do well or even be the best in the game? Yeah. But the advantages still exist.

Yeah, keep in mind the level asvantage applies only to the armor defense rating and power level fo the guy. Bonus attributes still come in play.

I hope Destiny does some addons to expand multiplayer. Maybe make an Arena mode that gives everyone default equipment, and you have to pick from a roster of 20 weapons for a loadout.

Multiplayer can be fun, but it can also be frustrating to play when you're not max level because you know when you get killed with a higher level player, they had some advantages you don't even have access to yet. Bungie has time to try and adjust and balance this. But it's nowhere near the competitiveness of Halo, which I'm sure a lot of people loved.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Crows Turn Off posted:

Something like PixelJunk Shooter? It's a twin stick shooter (one stick moves the ship, one stick fires), but it's slow-paced and puzzle-based instead of a twitch-shooter. Pretty good for beginners to get used to using two sticks at once, I think.

This only works for maybe the first world or two. The game gets pretty hard especially with the bosses.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Pork Pie Hat posted:

I saw some guy buy a Drive Club PS4 bundle and no other games yesterday. I kinda felt bad for him, but obviously not enough to say anything.

Hey you never know. He could be buying digital.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Is there a difference between buying an EU and US PS4?

I think the biggest difference is that you can't play bluray movies not from your country the ps4 is from otherwise probably the same.

And maybe one or two games gets region locked like on ps3.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Anyone not using their code for evolve? Pm it to me and I will be grateful

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Scyron posted:

So PvZ is pretty much a free to play MOBA. I thought it was a bit more just TDM or something. I think I'll play like 4 more rounds then uninstall. It seems fun enough but nothing worth investing a lot of time into.

There is a tdm mode.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

So where can I preorder?

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Uh, will the flash sale flag the one time 10% discount too? I sorta want to get something but I don't want to inadvertently use it for a single game.

It's a discount code you have to manually put in the checkout.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

bloodychill posted:

For those who care, Transistor is a <15 hour platinum if you don't suck.

It's also thoroughly enjoyable and the real time/tactics blend was done almost perfectly.

Anything tricky I need to watch out for? Infamous first light was a great platinum to do.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

SectumSempra posted:

So I guess I'm that one guy not interested in the order OR bloodborne.

Can we just have a modern urban fantasy game.
Please
Please
It's a cool setting I promise, technology, a city, magic, you still can have your dude in a sword and ogres, but in a city.
Cool right? Cell phones, coffee shops and grimoires.
We can do this.

I think this is Final Fantasy XV.

For good, or bad.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Samurai Sanders posted:

Yeah, and I never knew why they left most of the giant enemies out of 4, since it's a semi-remake of 2. There are still giant enemies though, make no mistake.

Anyway, 4's frame rate is better than any previous game, but it still has its problems. I have no idea if the problems will be on the PS4 too, but I am worried that the devs might consider frame rate drops part of the game's charm. It has enough charm without that.

He's also talking about lost Planet 2 which had you fight a giant Dune sized worm on a train that had a Cannon only rivaled by the experimental Russian train Cannon and you had you work with 3 coop players to load and fire this giant gently caress off Cannon.

Lost Planet 2 is as good as any of the EDF games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

MinibarMatchman posted:

the super pack is like a dollar and comes with Thanos along with some other fuckers like Phoneix, Black Suit Spidey, and A-Bomb. It's just like a dollar so that one's good; the other one with mostly no-name Asgard fuckers isn't worth it.

For ps4 it's 5 bucks. Same pack is 2.50 on ps3.

• Locked thread