Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

This comic is so tightly knit together that I can hardly believe it sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Freudian posted:

Oh my god you write Kill Six Billion Demons don't you.

I knew the art style looked familiar!

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Parts Kit posted:

Hm, the Mutant Plague hasn't been a thing yet.

The mutant plague was the big event.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

My morning cheerios were completely ruined by this strip.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I'm waiting for him to stand up and reveal that the upper portion of his body is just some kind of puppet concealing a monster underneath.

Every last one of his features screams "These are normal, endearing human features. I am a human with normal endearing features."

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Paladinus posted:

Maybe he is Pasqualo's dad. It's still possible. This top hat can't be a coincidence.

Maybe it's his grandpa?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I wonder if this guy has any idea that an apocalypse occurred. I'd like to imagine that he's completely unaffected by it.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Literally Kermit posted:

Now pair this with the "chattering teeth laugh" when they approached Joker's dead body in 1989 Batman.

Now go to bed.

I read this at 4 AM after waking up from a nightmare. I dont advise it.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Command Ant posted:

Oh my god, I love this comic so much! :swoon:

This comic deserves an animated version so much.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Darth Walrus posted:

Yeah, I think Trisssh secured the kill there - he's bleeding and the colours are draining from him, while she's just getting more into her freaky, intimidating game-face. Visual language sure seems to say one of them has the upper hand here.

Which is precisely why we are concerned about the ambiguous ending panel.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Does anyone notice that squiggly mark on the side/back of the principal's neck that is partially obscured? It looks kind of like Pasq's cyborg circuits...

e: and on second glance the principal appears to have a slight green aura around him and his hat...

There Bias Two fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Jul 8, 2015

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Wicker Man posted:

Which panel is that? There's something written on the back of his right leg, too, but I can't read it.

First and second pages, last panel.

e: the second word appears to be "this". Can anyone else make it out?

Also here, in the third panel: http://gobolatula.com/ithurts/?comic=290-hearts

Something bad is about to happen. Gob never quite shows us the back of his head...He's going to rotate it, I bet.

Also...the "froggie" that he is referencing in the second to last panel would be a throwback to the one he mentioned previously...

There Bias Two fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Jul 8, 2015

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Gobolatula posted:

On the back of The Principal's neck it says, "hot dog bun."

On the back of his leg it says this:

haha, I'm an idiot.

Of course, it's all so obvious now. What a brilliant twist you have in store!

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Pavlov posted:

I've been imagining something closer to Spongebob.

I've actually been imagining something closer to the skeezy old man from Family Guy.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

There Bias Two posted:

Something bad is about to happen.

Called it. That was the baddest dunk I've ever seen!

I wonder if Trish laid eggs in his brain?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

:allears: This comic.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

pathetic little tramp posted:

gently caress you're right. There are some pieces of art from this that should definitely be on a van. If I were to get a Chevy 70, what would be the best art to put on it?

Every panel, obviously.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

I never thought I'd say this, but that's a lame comic.

Yeah, I don't really find her character entertaining.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

ManlyGrunting posted:

Oh my god I missed that the member in the bottom left was a baby :allears:

I wonder whose face is being obscured in the middle...

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Ballz posted:

I have been waiting since the start of this thread for the space rhinos to appear.

It was worth the wait.

Previous reference?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

RandomPauI posted:

You know something? I hope they riff The Red Balloon. I don't know what it was, but that was like required viewing for kids growing up in the late 80s early 90s.

Edit: thought I was phone posting in rifftrax thread, but it as here instead. Don't know why that happened but whatever.

Don't worry, your post is actually not entirely irrelevant in the context of the latest comic.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I feel like this entire web comic was an elaborate set up for that one punchline.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Oh god look at the final panel closely.

...Hamtaro?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I like to think that Aurora's having a personal existential crisis on the level of "Can I make a rock so heavy that I can't lift it?" She doesn't want to admit she can make the stankiest farts in all of existence.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

skipThings posted:

Gob really is a fan of this " and now I play the song that ends the world" thing, but I have all the faith in him he is repeating this as a way of setting up another great pun

Do you think they're playing death metal?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Laputanmachine posted:

Peeplops, I won't forget you.

Who is Peepoops?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Ballz posted:

Also that skyline is totally Philly, so Pasq's "This place is awful and we shouldn't be here" is quite appropriate and correct.

But they're all from Jersey. They should be used to worse than Philly. :confused:

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

So Tubsy and Poop are demons now. Did they get recruited? Is everyone going to join Hell's army?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Gobolatula posted:

Thank you! Yeah I didn't mean to make such a big deal about my biological dad's stuff but I guess I needed to just tweet the heck out of my stress.

I'm sure he'll be fine. He's been dealing with addiction for most of his life and he has his ups and downs. My wish is for him to keep it together for good for the sake of himself and his family.

Anyway enough about that! Here's a message from me to my wonderful fans:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jRcxgFxEOY

Can you put the comic on hold for more manga reviews please?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Gobolatula posted:

Here you go!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VW9QOH2Qlk

I've been watching a lot of Million Dollar Extreme lately. I may have channeled one or two of Sam Hyde's characters.

That was fantastic.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

This comic hosed me up and I'm not even sure why.

Did he just forget "big me" ever existed? Or was "big me" never really there?

I guess Big Me was retroactively wiped from existence like....Pee...er...people who walk away from Hell might be, theoretically.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Is heaven gluten-free then? If so, how do the clouds stick together?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I'm anticipating the cute farm game to be the most twisted one out of all of them.

It probably has in-game purchases or something.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I would have a hard time sleeping in Hell knowing that the ground might explode under me at any moment.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Light Gun Man posted:

What makes you think that can't already happen right now on Earth?

I live in a geologically stable region, so it's not something that is likely to happen.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Wasabi the J posted:

Gob thanks for making this dumb gay comic.

I truly mean it. It's a really weird sensation when fictional characters have the same feelings I think I've had forever.

Pasq pretty clearly suffers from mental illness on top of being an insecure kid, so if it's him you're identifying with, counseling might be a helpful option in your life.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Wasabi the J posted:

Oh I know I'm just saying normally wired people also don't think strangers hate them for making an awkward statement. I mean most people I talk to don't even think about strangers but here I am wondering if the lady checking the Costco receipt thinks I'm a piece of poo poo for making a joke about the items I had that didn't make sense aloud.

No worries, she probably thinks all the customers are pieces of poo poo regardless. :v:

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Oxxidation posted:

It's still impressive how this comic hasn't choked to death on its own ambition yet, every few months it comes out with a giant "FORGET EVERYTHING YOU EVER THOUGHT YOU KNEW ABOUT IT HURTS" story update and every time it feels interesting and earned.

I get the impression that the majority of this comic was plotted out prior to Gob even starting it. I can't see how else anyone would be able to construct something so coherent yet wild on the fly.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Has anyone made sense of the first two panels yet? They don't really fit with the scene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

violent sex idiot posted:

its the dudes hat

No it isn't. His hat says "hat". The "e" doesn't fit in anywhere in the image.

Ohhhh it says Hate. Nevermind.

Now I want to buy that hat.

• Locked thread