Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Thirst Mutilator posted:

Security/Password Manager
  • 1Password - Features iOS8 integration, allows TouchID to serve as credentials for apps that support it (Free).
  • LastPass - Same as above, but no iOS8 integration to date. Still relevant?

LastPass has had iOS8 integration since September 17th

"AppShopper posted:

What's new

LastPass Safari Extension
Once enabled in Safari, LastPass can fill web logins instantly without leaving the browser. The extension gives direct access to the LastPass vault, so you can use stored logins or save new accounts in fewer steps.

Touch ID Integration
New setting to use Touch ID to protect your LastPass vault. Items that would normally require the master password re-prompt can now be authorized with your fingerprint. While browsing in Safari and launching the LastPass extension, use the Touch ID prompt to authorize LastPass to fill a web login. Only available on supported devices with Touch ID enabled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

NinetySevenA posted:

That Camera+ for free works for me, and I'm in Canada.

It worked for me in Japan, too

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

i like listening to my podcasts sped up because i like to pretend i'm a robot downloading compressed data into my robot brain

beep beep boop

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Since when is podcasts a default app? 8.0? 8.1? 8.2? Just noticed it today

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Butt Savage posted:

Well hell if I know. It popped up on my newsfeed and thought it looked nice.

It does look nice. Thanks for the tip.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

That seems like a pretty limited solution. How do you use 1password with multiple desktops or a desktop and a laptop?

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

noirstronaut posted:

Literally no reason to buy the Plex app when VLC is free

AC3 audio

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Bought Tweetbot 4, cuz the tapbots guys make cool poo poo and I want to support them. Maybe it's a placebo, but 4 seems smoother

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

ICHIBAHN posted:

The black ones look super ugly.

Mods?

But seriously, that sounds like a bug. I don't see anything like that with the auto-changing themes, maybe they accidentally have the text color changing based on brightness even if the theme is set to be fixed. Also, I still see the tweets remaining counter.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

The Devil Tesla posted:

Not a great way to do it, with Apple taking 30%

I think that's a pretty standard money laundering rate

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

101 posted:

What… the… gently caress

"Ah poo poo, huge bug in 4.1, can we pull it?"
"No."
"How can we get people to stop buying it while we wait for the patch to get approved?"
"I have an idea."

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Boris Galerkin posted:

That's a really bad example because the camera click can totally be disabled by switching your silent switch on. Like I've probably never actually heard my 6s's camera click ever.

Not the case for phones sold in Japan. loving perverts here ruining poo poo for the rest of us :argh:

HEY NONG MAN posted:

I guess I was confused on the bundle because TB4 is 9.99 and the bundle is also 9.99.

Edit: nvm it's all moot because I got the bundle and I must have tb2 or something because now I have three different tweetbot icons and they're all different.

It's their way of offering a discount to TB3 owners: if you own TB3 and attempt to buy the bundle, you'll get an option to "complete your bundle" at a discounted price.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Shuffle posted:

Is there a good alternative to Google inbox now that they've killed it off. They said the gmail app would have all the features. but of course it doesn't on top of having ads disguised as emails.

I liked basically the auto categorize (without me having to set up 1001 filters )and swiping to archive.

I'm trying out Spark. It bundles some stuff, but there doesn't seem to be a quick way to archive everything not pinned which is a bummer.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

sudo rm -rf posted:

y'all i'm going nuts

i'm just trying to get a notification to pop up on my phone every 18 hours and 30 minutes. all repeating events in both ios calendar and google calendar won't do anything more often than daily, and don't let me do a custom event that reoccurs more than once every 24 hours.

someone save me. this shouldn't be that hard.

maybe a timer would work better?

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Lutha Mahtin posted:

I tried setting a 3 month repeat but marking it complete just moves the due date back 3 months, it doesn't affect the visibility. Other todo list apps I've used in the past had features like that where a task could be hidden away and then pop on to a main list when the due date came closer, I'm trying to figure out if the Apple one has a similar function.

put your repeating reminders on a list you won't look at or just only look at the "Today" list

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Lutha Mahtin posted:

this doesn't do what I'm asking for
yeah, i guess it must suck to be forced to look at the "All" or "Scheduled" lists and see all your scheduled reminders.

Endless Mike posted:

Who are you to doubt Mr. Fit It?

it's cool, i had it coming for even trying

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

yeah, i pay ~6 bux a year for it and i find it worth it. can download from my plex server with it and no plex pass.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Surprise T Rex posted:

Is there an equivalent to Pushbullet for iOS? I used it on Android to send files, links, etc to and from my Windows PC.

If I had a Mac this would be a non issue I think, with the syncing and airdrop, but at least for now I’m stuck on Windows. Been using the Pushbullet website on my phone for now but a native app alternative would be nicer.

lol, looking into this i learned that pushbullet unpublished their ios app. they said they didn't want to support apple login. Pushover Notifications seems to be a substitute. It's 5 bux per client, but it's a permanent license. 30 day free trial.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Surprise T Rex posted:

This seems like it only handles just the notification part of Pushbullet, ironically the bit I never used. I literally only used it as essentially a budget Airdrop to send links and files to other devices. Maybe I just have to make do with Chrome’s send to device option, plus something like Google Drive or Dropbox.

ah, yeah. i just use signal's "Note to Self" channel to do that.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Kerbtree posted:

Goodtask is nice? Widget, watch app and everything, single purchase, too if you want a few extra fancy bits.

integration with the stock reminders backend is nice too

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

i'm gonna throw readdle a year sub for spark cuz they're p cool. will see how i feel after 11 months or so

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

i use signal

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

OldSenileGuy posted:

*today I started a Nirvana station, and after 3 songs it started playing mid-00's Radiohead and The Killers. I love both Radiohead and the Killers so I can see why it would play them, but they don't fit on a Nirvana station! I guess just skipping the songs SHOULD help the algorithm determine what to play on the station, but I'm not sure if it actually does.

this makes me so irrationally angry. i'm guessing this is how boomers felt when they started playing hair metal on 60s/70s rock stations

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Boris Galerkin posted:

Do y’all remember that app iBeer

yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Alternative browser engines are coming in iOS 17.4 https://www.theverge.com/2024/1/25/24050478/apple-ios-17-4-browser-engines-eu