Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Narcissus1916 posted:

I goddamn love Barrowman in this role. He's just so wonderfully hammy, with the ability to rein it in juuuust enough to land a dramatic moment when required.

Don't get me wrong, he's dead by the end of the season - I guarantee it.

Not before the O.M.A.C.s come online and start terrorizing the gently caress out of everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

I know, but I like the way they worked it in at the same time they worked in Ra's tendency to boil people down to a single trait when referring to them.

S4, Slade gets out and kills a bunch of the League and gets the title "the Terminator" by R'as

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Warmachine posted:

By next season Lian Yu will be a Task Force X training camp.

Nah. It'll be Cadmus Island.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Pastrymancy posted:

Wasn't Iris like drumming that event up as "Nightlife" too?

Central City is full of nerds

I guess they didn't want two shows where one of the major hangouts is a bar or club

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

What the Queen children really need is a really good therapist.

Sounds like as good a reason as any to bring Harley back. If only Gotham and it's pseudo Bat Embargo wasn't around.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

greatn posted:

Well he could go see Leslie Thompkins, she's sane, but next time Roy gets injured shed pretend to refuse treatment and fake his death.

Honestly, I could see Ollie faking his death again in order to do some thing or another

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

The rapist or the robotocist?

Probably the one with a gun in Star Labs storage

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I wonder if Egg Fu will appear in a Triad flashback or in an upcoming plot and how he'd be done.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

McSpanky posted:

It's very probably like 99.5% nothing, but I will mark the gently caress out on that sliver of a chance that it's the Golden Age Green Lantern's power battery in its Chinese lamp incarnation.

It's not even green.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Scyantific posted:

Yeah, Amell said that flashbacks would all be seasons 1-5, with the very last episode of Season 5 ending with the very first scene from the pilot, him lighting the signal fire that led to his rescue. What comes after that is open to the producers I guess, depending on how well the show maintains its popularity (which shouldn't be too hard, especially if they're doing annual Flash/Arrow crossovers).

There are also a few more Arrow Family members from the DCU to reference/introduce before then.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Kibayasu posted:

I wonder how much writers have to worry about what references they can use to wink at the audience without compromising any potential future use for them.

"We should bring in XXX."

"We already had a character mention XXX's secret identity as a toss-away dead person's name in Season 1."

Chances are, if they're using a name as a throwaway reference, they're probably not going to be used as an actual character anytime soon unless a writer and editor forget. So Mia may be out, but the Arrowette name is still available

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Proposition Joe posted:

There is the possibility that the show only lasts for 5 seasons. And if you think that is a bad thing then look at what happened to Supernatural when they decided to truck on past their plotted 5 seasons.

Arrow for 5 seasons and then a segway into a new series with some of the previously appearing heroes and Arrow now acting on a more global scale. The Outsiders.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Bad Moon posted:

Remember when people were saying Ivo was Felicity's dad?

It seems like Felicity's dad is someone super smart, it's just a matter of who and have they been introduced yet and if not, when? It's likely someone not introduced though and it's being saved for later

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

jscolon2.0 posted:

Felicity Smoak Wayne Savage

:getin:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Eddain posted:

Judging by the cliffhanger Hong Kong flashback and Maseo being with the League, my bet is that Katana got fridged.

Presumably her or their son. The remaining one would probably have the Soultaker though.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Crunk Abortion posted:

(Comics chat) Doesnt her soul-drinking sword or whatever contain her dead husband's soul in it in the funny books?

Yeah, but I forget if it was used to kill him to put it in there by her or he just appeared in it.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

Also, if they keep giving Routh lines like the one about lasers in this episode, I'd be entirely OK with the Atom spin-off that's been floated. Dude is hilarious at delivering that stuff.

Barry's mind in Ollie's body is how Felicity is supposed to describe him.

Ollie's mind in Barry's body is how we get Roy. :downs:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Boru posted:

I love how Felicity is the xXx_pr0-HAX0r_xXx and yet doesn't know Merlyn bugged their whole system. Even when he shows up IMMEDIATELY after they figured out Brick killed Merlyn's wife.

I thought that camera was actually a bug placed there on the monitor when Merlyn first snuck in.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Scyantific posted:

Amell's hosting a Q&A at tomorrow's Fan Days at Dallas Comic-Con and I still have no idea what to ask him. Kinda feel like asking him "Will we ever find out the truth behind the "death and resurrection of Oliver" so I can post it here, but other than that, I can't think of anything else, besides asking him about bringing Ra's to TV, or what villain/hero he would like to have brought onto the show and who he would like to cast.

E: Behind the Scenes look at :tviv:BOXING GLOVE ARROW:tviv:
They had originally planned to have him shoot an arrow and skewer the glove mid-flight. They decided to go for the pose though, which was way better and more fluid.

Ask if Arrow or the Flash will ever get a Musical episode

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Can we talk about how Merlyn became "the Magician" because he knew one simple piece of magic and demonstrated it on Nyssa?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

I dont know posted:

I just rewatched that scene. I didn't catch a black expression and she is crying when she hugs him. I'm pretty positive it's genuine.

I did notice that Ollie had a somewhat confused expression while she hugged him, but that may have just been Amell.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Rocksicles posted:

She got a sack of money. Something tells me she's alright.

Especially when it's been revealed that she and her child were recruited by either the League of Assassins or H.I.V.E.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

BSam posted:

No way, the original Count is the single worst thing about the show.

He was a Joker to Ollie's Batman. He was fun.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Senerio posted:

Only if the other Lanterns are Daily Show correspondents.

"I've brought fear into the hearts of all. John."

"Thank you for the report, Sinestro."

I would support Stephen Colbert as Sinestro.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I really wish we could get a JLI series to at least get a Guy Gardener on screen

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Literally one of the best reasons to have Guy around since he just trolls the other GLs and gives zero fucks about it.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

jscolon2.0 posted:

Cass doesn't exist in nu52 so yes, Shiva.

There are still a handfull of DCU martial artists that have yet to appear that could be fitted to work in Arrow like Lady Shiva or Richard Dragon or Judomaster. Alternatively, the can repurpose other characters like Young Justice did with Sportsmaster. I do think a more subtle major villain is due after all of these gigantic sieges and assaults on Starling. Bring in Everyman or Maxwell Lord or even Anarky or the Calculator if a nemesis is warranted for Felicity

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Bad Moon posted:

gently caress, just use Clock King again.

I sadly forgot about him.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

jscolon2.0 posted:

I was really just answering if Shiva was the strongest martial artist in DCU currently. She's actually someone I'd expect to see. Hell, add Copperhead, Cheshire, Sportsmaster, Electrocutioner, Shrike, Los Gemelos, anybody. Just use these guys up before the Gotham writers realize they exist.

Basically any of Batman's second or third string rogues like Cluemaster or Crazy Quilt or Catman (especially him since that's one more step to a Secret Six episode)

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Holy poo poo, they actually cast the Beastmaster as a character who runs a team called the Creature Commandos (which I know are, sadly, supernatural, and not animal-men)?

The latest incarnation is non-magical by was of superscience except for Frankenstein.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

JohnSherman posted:

Slade's appearance was worth it if only for the way he can't help but be impressed by Thea even as he's getting the poo poo kicked out of him.

Thea for new Ravager? Y/N?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

AGirlWonder posted:

The problem is Manu Bennett. He's so drat charismatic, why would you kill his character off? However, Slade is immortal? in the comic books, and even though they've moved away from his being super-powered, they could still have squirreled a way there. But not in the middle of a season.

In the comic books, he has a low powered healing factor which was part of the Mirakuru.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

AGirlWonder posted:

I mean, he drops dead of a heart attack (on TV!) and gets killed a few more times in Deathstroke. That was the 90s, though. I don't know if they've killed him since like 2000.

I haven't followed Deathstroke recently but he doesn't have much of a defined character beyond "Possibly the best Mercenary in the world" and intensely disliked by many other heroes and villains. Prior to Flashpoint, he had never even been captured until Geoforce went on a vendetta and finally captured him by pinning himself to Deathstroke using his own swords through the chest.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

McDragon posted:

I liked that episode. Finally got round to watching it.

I was on edge during the whole of it going through the guest stars, I just managed to resist cheering when Manu Bennet popped up there.

Also I love that A, the ARGUS prison has a big button that unlocks the doors, and B, that it is right next to the cell. That's just asking for trouble.

Oh, was the ARGUS bigwig at the end of the flashback a comics dude as well? I forgot his name but often when characters get introduced like that they're already somebody.

I don't think it was designed by ARGUS. Just put into use by them. Ollie says it in the episode that it was used as a prison by the Chinese before.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

ashez2ashes posted:

Well, the General said "anywhere in the world". I think Oliver is going to choose to go to Russia and train. Is there a Russian DC character he could learn from? Or it will be just general mob business I guess.

KGBeast and Rocket Red are the two most prominent Russian characters in the DCU. The Russian guy Ollie meets on the Amazo has the same alias as the KGBeast so it mightbesafe to say that Ollie might be trained by him. There's also the NKVDemon and Vostok (of Aquaman and the Others).

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I feel like Ray is going to go for a live combat field test (go beat up criminals) and cock it up royally the first time. Alternatively, he kills someone unintentionally and can't seem to deal.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Chokes McGee posted:

I like Laurel, okay?! She's plucky and endearing :mad:

So are Roy and Thea

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

boom boom boom posted:

We've been over that they weren't allowed to use Ted Kord a million times, I just don't understand why they went with Ray Palmer instead. If you're completely chaging his powers to fit the backstory you already have, why not take someone who's closer to having the right powers, and change their backstory?

Like, for example, Christopher Smith. "No Felicity, you don't understand. I founded Pax Corporation to do more than just make money. I want to help this city. I want to bring peace to the streets of Starling City. I want to be.... a Peacemaker."

There's not that many male scientists in the DCU that are also Superheroes. The closest I can think of off the top of my head is Will Magnus (not really a superhero) and Niles Caulder (not really all that heroic)

Edit: There are two black ones, but they probably couldn't be used without recasting.

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Mar 1, 2015

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

boom boom boom posted:

Arrow's Ray Palmer doesn't seem much like a scientist either, he's an engineer.

Also, goddamn now I wish they had gone with Micheal Holt instead of Ray Palmer

But then we wouldn't have Brandon Routh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
DC might still be hoping to launch a Blue Beetle series (which would be great), but that question will linger as to why Palmer instead of Kord until BB appears.

• Locked thread