Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

So while we're posting screenshots, it's important to note that the entirety of endgame is getting gear that makes you look amazing.

:gitgud:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

This new tux looks so good!

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Thundarr posted:

Not only are people poo poo at explaining the mechanics for the Ultros fight, they are giant assholes about people not understanding their explanations.

Plus, Typhon is too big to quickly target with a controller. Really, really hate that things bigger than your camera view are so hard to select.

To be fair, the mechanics are easy once you get to know them.

Yes. I was the bad that wiped the first (mostly goon) group I ran with.

Worth it in the end though.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Kaedric posted:

The mistake is thinking that buying a clear is you preferring to skip content than learn it. As I stated above, it is likely just a situation where the person was not lucky enough to get into a static, and it's a total crapshoot to try doing with party finder. Because T9 gates FCOB, you have to get it out of the way somehow, and it's actually semi likely that when applying for a static saying "oh I've never beat T9" is a bad thing.

I dunno, I'm just having flashbacks to when Titan Extreme was first released, and goons where making GBS threads on other players in FC who bought runs, which made zero sense to me. I was a tank at the time and I had that poo poo on autopilot, and it took me something like 85 parties to get it done in pubbiefinder because other people in the party were poo poo and would die constantly. That's kinda what I'm getting at I guess. You can play PERFECTLY, but you can't make the other people not die to landslides just by virtue of you being good at the game. So is that person now a worthless player because they got sick of doing titan pubbie runs for a month straight and bought the run? All the smugposting goons in FC seemed to think so.

Why do you people put yourselves through this? Seriously. If you're not "lucky" enough to get into a static? Make your own. Instead of simply joining so many party finder groups expecting a carry, identify the good players you meet in those runs, and see if they're interested in forming a static. Slowly build up a crack team of people who can actually play the game and get along with each other and eventually get a static up and running that can actually clear content.

Throwing yourself to so many party finder groups and expecting success is a folly. Yeah, a lot of "smugposting" goons poo poo on you for it because they went through that effort to get to where they are now. Buying the run shows you're not willing to put in the same kind of effort, not just in learning the content, but in learning how to become a valuable team member.

In short, :gitgud:.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

So we may have taught Lahabrea a thing or two about proper study habits.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

seannykun posted:

I hope you all were auto attacking too. Nothing like a good book smack.

Except for one SCH who really wanted to keep applying their main DoTs, we killed him with nothing but auto-attacks and shadow flare (to show him how it's done).

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Yoshi-P wants me to reinstall this game so bad.

Why Yoshi-P, why?!

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

New Hildibrand quests own bones. Go do them. Now! Woke up a couple hours early to do them before work and I regret nothing.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Spoilers if you haven't run it yet, but I love the final cutscene in The Wanderer's Palace (Hard) so much.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

nuru posted:

We need someone to upload this to youtube or something. The images don't do it justice.

Fixed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6OUUr2U2RQ

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

If you're not playing a race that lets you max a muscle slider, I pity you.

Highlander/Roegadyn supremacy! :gitgud:

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

orange juche posted:

You're as pale as a midlander, what's wrong with you :(

Book club had some drawbacks. :sigh:

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

The inventory struggles of leveling crafting jobs. :confuoot:

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

You know how your parents always told you not to make stupid faces often or it'd get stuck like that?

Apparently the same can happen with the new /hildy emote.

h e l p

You can use the expression emotes after you've finished the pose for added hilarity, apparently.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

My only regret is I wasn't the one who got to buy Vandes an avatar first.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Doublestep posted:

Highlander female faces look like a cross between roadkill and an angry vegetable

I take offense to this sir. :colbert:

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Agrias-Has-Had-Enough-Of-My-poo poo.jpg

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Ok, I think I'm ready for the whatever stage of the relic quest they add next. :black101:

I have to say, I much preferred this stage compared to the Nexus stage (pre-nerf). Grinding the same fights for lights over and over again got old quick. Being able to queue for a bunch of dungeons for this stage at once and rolling with whatever I got helped break that tedium. A couple of dungeons held out on me during the process, the worst streak I had was around 20 runs of Qarn HM without a drop, and about 15 runs of Copperbell Mines HM, but besides that it was relatively painless. Bonus points: since I was able to do the quests as any job I wanted, I did them as SCH, and by the time I finished my MNK Zodiac weapon, I collected all of the lights I needed for my SCH Nexus (post-nerf), as well as the GC Seals I needed for the Bombard Cores and half of the soldiery I needed for the water for the SCH Zodiac.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

So you know how retainers always bring back fish when you send them on a quick venture?

They're no joke when you actually tell them to catch a fish.

The jaws of the fish my fishing retainer brought back this morning.

Still not a fat cat. :argh:

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

The Black Stones posted:

Chocobo racing. Super fun. Triple triad? Not so much right now. Gotta figure out a good way to get non-poo poo cards.

Buy additional cards from the NPC, or run dungeons/trials. I got this from Battle on the Big Bridge:

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Spaceman Future! posted:

Data center exploded, RIP lets all go play checkers

Is checkers like Triple Triad?

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

This horse is bigger than I thought it'd be.

I've also got the itching feeling it's not quite a horse.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

HelloPlatypus posted:

My Hobo-potato.

Your well-lubed hobo-potato.

You two are literally the kings of ERP on Excalibur.

[Edit] Zen you should post your Doctor Quinn erotic fan-fiction.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

HelloPlatypus posted:

Silly Doc, turtles can't sit on benches.

*snip*

Yeah, horse can have some...issues.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Rynn posted:

Warning - Cuteness overload

Do yourself a favor and /bdance with that on your shoulder.

You're welcome.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

So I think I found out why so many dragoons are bad at this game.

They're all blind because of the armor they wear.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

The most effective way to improve your tanking is knowing when you should, and should not, spin the horse.

The answer is always. Always spin the horse. Don't stop.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

The proper answer is have the tank pull big packs, out DPS the rest of your group on SCH, rouse your fairy and occasionally bust out Lustrate when the fairy can't keep up with healing the tank.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Mordiceius posted:

Yo - Fellow female highlander hyur: What outfit are you rocking right now? After switching from catgirl to fem highlander, I can't quite find an outfit that's suitable. Seems highlanders have a bit of a stockier frame (like femroe) so extremely dainty outfits often look awkward but I'm a white mage so I can just load on the heavy armor.

Here are the glamours I use for my three main jobs:

Monk (Kaiser Knuckles Zeta, Artisan's Spectacles, Arachne Shirt of Striking, Picaroon's Armguards of Striking, Lady's Knickers (Black), Picaroon's Leggings of Striking):

Scholar (Dreadwyrm Codex, Artisan's Spectacles, Full Gambler's Set, Dyed Pure White):

Warrior (Scream of the Vortex, Artisan's Spectacles, Flame Elite's Harness, Dreadwyrm Gauntlets of Fending, Dreadwyrm Sarouels of Fending, Dreadwyrm Sabatons of Fending):

Also you did max your muscle slider, right?

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Vermain posted:

What item are those shorts? Don't think I've ever seen them before.

Lady's Knickers (Black)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Hey guys, I got a new horse.

It's...slightly angrier than the last one.

• Locked thread