Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nameless_Steve
Oct 18, 2010

"There are fair questions about shooting non-lethally at retreating civilian combatants."

Three Olives posted:

Why do the police even have bombs to deploy?

Probably the SWAT teams have them so they can destroy walls to penetrate a building, which could come in handy in a hostage crisis. It's also helpful for bomb containment, where they have controlled detonations of suspicious packages and other items.
Also apparently it's useful for strapping to Jihadbots to blow the poo poo out of sniper cop killers.

RIP hero Jihadbot, enjoy your 01001000 virgins in robot paradise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nameless_Steve
Oct 18, 2010

"There are fair questions about shooting non-lethally at retreating civilian combatants."
Last year I did landscaping in the Israeli desert. In July and August. Outside all loving day. For one week or two it didn't drop below 40 Celsius until sundown. But 0% humidity, so after my body adjusted to it I wasn't complaining.
A few years before that I was working in Latin America and it got pretty humid. No AC or fans to be found anywhere because poverty lol. What could you do? Stay in the shade indoors and drink some water. Lay down and splay out if possible. It sucked but w/e. Also I was working two blocks from a garbage dump.

So I'm a bit of an expert on adapting to unpleasant climates and horrible smells all around the world.

But stick me on a crowded NYC subway in moderate heat and humidity and I'll try to rip my loving skin off. That poo poo sucks.

Nameless_Steve
Oct 18, 2010

Question: will Trump Steaks be available for purchase at the GOP Convention?

+1'd

Nameless_Steve
Oct 18, 2010

Rasmussen is worstpoll. Nate Silver says they've averaged 6 points off, with a 4 point bias in favor of the GOP. Rasmussen is always an erratic outlier and that makes it garbage.

It's not a partisanship thing. I'll take YouGov/Economist, the runner-up right-leaning outlier, because it actually behaves in a way that resembles reality and makes sense. I'll take Fox News polls, which used to be more biased but have become more reliable and closer to the rest of the pack in recent cycles. I'll even disregard ABC/WaPo just to be fair because of its slight-moderate left bias.

But Rasmussen is garbage and belongs in the garbage.

Nameless_Steve
Oct 18, 2010

Phi230 posted:

We shall see about those majorities within the next 4 years

Oh, Democrats are going to do horribly in 2018. All our red state senators who rode Obama's coattails to victory in 2012 are going to get creamed in the midterm. The question is whether they'll be replaced by Republicans or by Libertarians.

Iff Gary Johnson ever polls above 15% this cycle, he'll make it to the debate and get >25% in short order just by virtue of not being Trump or Hillary. Too bad he's a humongous dork and his new party is full of incompetent crazies and Atlas Shruggers.
Maybe the tinfoil hatters, obese stripteasers, and freemen-on-the-land will get dressed and start knocking on doors. Maybe the Objectivist bowtied punch-faces will surprise us all by developing the tact and social skills to actually accomplish something.

But the most likely scenario for Libertarian competitiveness would be an exodus of moderate Republicans playing follow-the-leader and filling in the rank and file and performing a semi-hostile takeover to make an actual serious party organization. If a couple major Never-Trumpers change affiliation to the Libertarian party and endorse Johnson, we'll see some serious poo poo. Hey, Mitt Romney, are you ready to change faces again, you chameleon bastard?

Nameless_Steve fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Jul 11, 2016

Nameless_Steve
Oct 18, 2010

Slate Action posted:

I don't really understand how Trump can be underperforming in red states, losing across the board in swing states, yet only down 4% nationally. Those three things can't all be true at the same time.

Bernie supporter holdouts are still causing Hillary to underperform in solid blue states. Not quite as badly as Trump is in red states, and probably not for much longer, but it's still happening.

Nameless_Steve
Oct 18, 2010

Necc0 posted:

Does anyone have an explanation for her not showing up in the mirror because it's really loving with me

It's just the angle. She's just almost-perfectly "behind" him in the mirror.
You can see her chin sticking out just below his.t

Nameless_Steve
Oct 18, 2010

God, do I hope they make a classic Trump mistake vetting the names and they embarrass themselves displaying something like "Gaydolf Titler" or maybe as "Stahpwhite, Jenna Sayed"

Nameless_Steve
Oct 18, 2010

smell this posted:

Drink coffee and read the New York Times while on a ship.

Do they helicopter in shipments of the NYT each day onto the main deck, or do they have their own printing press, or...?

Nameless_Steve
Oct 18, 2010

broken clock opsec posted:

This is the problem with those super safe Republican states, the rising stars are graded not on any governing ability but on ideological purity.

The Cottons and the Ernsts and the Amashs will hit a wall.

It won't really be a disadvantage, considering that Ted Cruz fits that description perfectly.

Nameless_Steve
Oct 18, 2010

I would like to see the birth certificate of this so-called "baby."

Nameless_Steve
Oct 18, 2010

In 2014, the media barely covered the upcoming election, instead choosing to freak the gently caress out about airplanes and Ebola. Low voter turnout was hardly surprising.

Nameless_Steve
Oct 18, 2010

SHE HAS A WEAPON

TERURRIST

Nameless_Steve
Oct 18, 2010

I'd love to see the alternate universe SNL sketch where Bernie Sanders (Larry David) debates Donald Trump (Chris Farley).

Nameless_Steve
Oct 18, 2010

Taaaaake onnnnnn meeeeee (take on me)
Taaaake meeeee onnnnn!

Nameless_Steve
Oct 18, 2010

Looks like it's the Boromir meme. I wonder what one does not simply do, this time?

Nameless_Steve
Oct 18, 2010

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

can someone post that picture of trump looking super fat staring off to the left

Nameless_Steve
Oct 18, 2010

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

no the one showing off his super fat neck and he looks like a pigman, my GIS skills are failing me

Is it this one? Profile or 3/4? Was he wearing a suit or golf clothes?

Nameless_Steve
Oct 18, 2010

babypolis posted:

loving white ppl are truly the worst. give america to black ppl and kill yourselves
meant to emptyquote hundreds of pages ago but better late than never

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nameless_Steve
Oct 18, 2010

hey cool I'm the same height as Hitler. Good to know.

• Locked thread