Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Larch
Jan 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Under the vegetable posted:

I'm not sure how, after eight years of a center-right Obama presidency, people seem to think it's a shocking, biased, or illogical statement that Hillary will in practice be a similarly center-right politician. When the actual right wing in this country are literally lunatics and fascists I understand it skews the spectrum a little bit but there's nothing unreasonable about saying that Hillary is, in the global sense, a right wing politician.

People are aware that, despite what Fox News would like you to believe, there are more defining characteristics to conservatism than hating the guts of everyone who isn't a cis het white Christian or Jewish man, right?

There are. Those are, however, the defining characteristics of the Republican party as long as you add "rich" to the list of adjectives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Larch
Jan 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

TheDisreputableDog posted:

Yep we should take someone's age and the social context of the time period into account before we judge them for actions in the past.

(Unless you're Mitt Romney)

I'm pretty sure forcefully holding someone down and cutting their hair off would be hosed up in the social context of 9th century Scandinavia, let alone 20th century America.

The Larch
Jan 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Neo Rasa posted:

Best part is the suggestion that potential students sell shares of stock of themselves to investors in exchange for a percentage of the future massive income they'll be earning after graduating college.
http://thinkprogress.org/education/2015/06/11/3668713/chris-christie-makes-college-affordability-priority-iowa-speech/

Is there a particularly specific demographic that's like "Yes, yes I want my children to literally sell themselves into indentured servitude when they grow up" that he's going for here?

Rich people, although that's less their kids and more other people's kids. We're not in full-on Moloch territory yet.

The Larch
Jan 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Arkane posted:

You'd think that after the Obama presidency, people would be wise to the "time to regulate Wall Street" populist bullshit.

Let's just take a quick gander at her biggest supporters:

There is a 0.0% chance that Hillary Clinton will do anything significant to regulate Wall Street unless it is forced upon her by Congress or real world events. Any stump speech pablum that says otherwise should be looked at with a jaundiced eye. The fact that her progeny & beau work/have worked in the industry she "decries" is just icing on the cake.

So who do we vote for then?

The Larch
Jan 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Vienna Circlejerk posted:

I just realized, they're covering the T on purpose :lol:

RUMP Make America Great Again!

Now that's a platform we can all get behind.

The Larch
Jan 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

TEAYCHES posted:

I think it's bad to murder hundreds of thousands of people, and displace millions, for cynical imperial gain.

Did we add Iraq to our overseas holdings when I wasn't paying attention?

The Larch
Jan 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

They chose the perfect face for Santorum.

The Larch
Jan 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

quite the fucker posted:

they're poorer so they do

And preexisting, systematic racial biases will ensure that poor whites will gain more than poor minorities.

The Larch
Jan 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Bunleigh posted:

Trying to light his farts

Edit: wait how does a tree fall on you while jogging

abbott was jogging, not the tree

The Larch
Jan 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

...H.P. Lovecraft?

The Larch
Jan 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Zelder posted:

WHAT is the deal with trump posters in ycs and violent insecurity???

is this a rhetorical question

The Larch
Jan 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
we need to EMP this thread

The Larch
Jan 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

rear end cobra posted:

I was promised Sarah Palin. Where is Sarah Palin?

read this in the voice of marvin the martian

The Larch
Jan 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Paranoid Randroid posted:

can whoever keeps gifting me Bad Trumps on steam please stop, it is getting intolerable

Bad Trumps: the election simulator with random vote totals.

The Larch
Jan 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

I only drink hard liquor what am I supposed to be looking at here?

The Larch
Jan 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

So either that farmbot is loving gigantic or it's marketed towards a tortoise on a starvation diet.

The Larch
Jan 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

exploding mummy posted:

also the real secret behind that strip is that its the one of two times in 27 years that Dilbert got a stiffy

I hate that I immediately knew what you were talking about.

The Larch
Jan 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Inferior Third Season posted:

I'm actually having trouble parsing what "to be objected to it" means here. Does he mean she wouldn't allow herself to be subjected to it? That's a lovely thing to say, and is pretty much victim-blaming. Or does he mean she wouldn't find it objectionable? Because that's an even shittier thing to say.

I'm guessing he was originally going to say "to be objectified" but changed his mind to "subjected to it" at the last moment and mashed the two together.

The Larch
Jan 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
There's a reason everyone makes jokes about Politifact's ratings.

The Larch
Jan 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Okay after ending up 10,000 posts behind I figured I'd give up trying to catch up so can someone give me the highlights of the past week?

The Larch
Jan 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
The Village was terrible.

The Larch
Jan 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Coolguye posted:

also read John and Revelations right next to each other and realize that John was probably on drugs full time

Could've sworn they were different Johns.

The Larch
Jan 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Squizzle posted:

post your favorite enoch poo poo itt

Always been a fan of the seraphim as giant flaming snakes with wings.

The Larch
Jan 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

GreyjoyBastard posted:

"Do not be afraid" is an angelic visitation trigger warning.

To minimize the screaming and clawing out of eyes.

At least they have the decency to use a pair of wings to cover up their dicks.

The Larch
Jan 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Karl Sharks posted:

NAFTA was a "disaster" and now he basically wants it strengthened???

explain it to me then

They're loving idiots with no coherent ideology.

The Larch
Jan 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Reminder that the Clinton campaign has released basically zero oppo on Trump so far.

The Larch
Jan 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Josef K. Sourdust posted:

Robert Morrow should be invited to join SA.

Also "Ed Balls" needs a word filter.

Someone already bought him an account.

The Larch
Jan 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Tesseraction posted:

"Democrat Party"

Holy poo poo I didn't catch that.

Did Russia seriously make up a fake scandalous e-mail that didn't even manage to be scandalous?

The Larch
Jan 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Three Olives posted:

Have you been paying attention at all? It's been a steady drip of oppo for weeks now, where do you think all the stuff about Bannon came from?

Probably not the Clinton campaign, since that would have required them to have advance notice on Bannon joining the Trump campaign so they'd know to do oppo on him.

The Larch
Jan 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Drunkboxer posted:

Buchanan was the contemporary of so many great men who are now dead. Why are we stuck with this rear end in a top hat?

Hell has standards.

The Larch
Jan 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Yinlock posted:

I wonder how long it'll take before a trump supporter tries to escalate this to physical violence

About negative seven months.

The Larch
Jan 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

crazy cloud posted:

lol sweet summer child

we haven't even gotten to the first debate yet

we aren't anywhere near the level of partisan hostility possible yet and there's literally a Clinton in the situation so the GOP will always have more insane with rage to go

they are starting from "lock her up" as their baseline level of rage lmao at the notion that the odds of completely animal levels of violent escalation are somehow going down from here as they start to realize that when you are literally polling at 0% with black people you have hosed up and not in a way that a p i v o t can fix

Worse than 0%. NaN.

The Larch
Jan 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

uncurable mlady posted:

I'll say this - it's nice to see the republicans finally care about a woman's health

:vince:

The Larch
Jan 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Wall Is Life posted:

Goons: "Trump has narcissistic personality disorder and is arrogant but is also a nervous wreck"

Those are both characteristics of NPD mang.

The Larch
Jan 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
A landline only poll has Trump up 6 in Texas.

Texas.

The Larch
Jan 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

logikv9 posted:

president donald j. trump will lock all the reporters in the white house press room and then start a fire

maybe a trump presidency wouldn't be so bad after all

The Larch
Jan 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Yinlock posted:

i love that that dude is just sitting in a random side cave

you just enter a room and there's an extremely sad sponge, sometimes he drops baked yams

mother 3 is great

Also he's loving enormous.

The Larch
Jan 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Benny D posted:

Only in jersey would a terror plot be foiled by a hobo

I believe the suitcase one was two guys wearing suits.

The Larch
Jan 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Shageletic posted:

Like all black people willing to sell out their own people for a quick people, deep down he thinks he's really white.

Steve King is white.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Larch
Jan 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

CarlCX posted:

welp, turns it out wasn't peter thiel

https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/779124689646063616

it makes sense to me now that my libertarian friends all bought oculus rifts

what is wrong with his face

• Locked thread