Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Fabricated posted:

Spoilers: A villain who seems pissed off at Endeavor snatches Natsuo as they're leaving the house. Kinda hope this isn't some lame way to make Natsuo turn 180.

On the other hand, if Endeavor actually murders him, it might make him see his father even more like a murderer! :unsmigghh:

Realistically, though, the likelier outcome is that this will be the baddie that Midoriya and Co. take down before Endeavor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Maybe that's why Endeavor hates hanging around him.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Futaba Anzu posted:

Well Dabis flames are remarkable in that they never die out so

Aha, so Dabi was Itachi this whole time. :argh:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

"Maybe the next kid won't explode." - Endeavor

It would certainly explain why Shoto's temperature regulation would be considered so perfect by him, though. Y'know, aside from the obvious reasons.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Hunt11 posted:

I only just realized it but it was very appropriate for Kirishima to want to work with Tamaki (Sundowner).

Because they're both loving invincible? :v:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Come to think of it, we haven't gotten an explanation of this guy's Quirk yet, have we?

Bro Dad posted:

Roadkill seems more thematically appropriate

:golfclap:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Stenis posted:

Am I the only one who can't tell what's happening in a lot of the fight scenes

Not even a little bit! I'm bad at following manga action, so I just wait for th anime.

On that note, I'm looking forward to Mirio beating the poo poo out of Overhaul.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

Excited to find out what Bakugo's new hero name is. Expecting the reveal of him wanting All Might to be the first person hear his new name

He's not talking about All Might.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Geez. Worrying about rescuing his son making Natsuo feel obligated to forgive him. That's a lot of baggage to deal with in a hostage situation.

I love how Ending is all "Noooo, stop not being an rear end in a top hat. You're ruining my fantasies! :cry:"

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Dec 1, 2019

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Kylo Ren killing Han Solo, only it's Dabi killing Endeavor.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

the anime thread's reaction to nighteye's tickle machine was appropriately disconcerted

I mean, it's kind of weird that Nighteye just randomly shoved his subordinate into a tickle fetish machine out of nowhere to teach her a lesson.

It's doubly weird, because he never does any weird poo poo like that ever again for the rest of the story.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Even if that's true, I don't think there's any circumstances it's okay for your boss to put you into a weird machine against your will. :colbert:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

As someone who binged the manga a week or so ago out of curiosity of how this arc went, I will say that I expected more from Overhaul given his introduction. Instead he's just like "I have a plan" and by the end of the week he's missing his leg, Eri, and the Quirk bullets.

Nighteye is also weird because you'd think that "Guy who was All Might's sidekick" would've come up before now at some point.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Honestly, Shiggy calling him out on it before removing his ability to use his Quirk in a very painful way feels like a fitting end for him. Bonus that it's close to what he put Eri through.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

because, again, that hypocrisy was the closest thing to an actual character trait he had besides "germophobe" and "FMA ripoff"

Well, I mean, there's also "I'm doing this to repay you for everything, Boss! But you don't get me, so I'm going to put you into a coma first."

If the characters stopped to talk about all of the ways that Overhaul was a hypocrite, they'd probably have to clear their schedules.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Deku, my man, you have no rhythm.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Am I misunderstanding, or is he saying that Kurogiri is a Nomu? :psyduck:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

Poll results time!

>1 Bakugo 22876 Votes
>2 Midoriya 12373 Votes
>3 Todoroki 11805 Votes
>4 Kirishima 3374 Votes
>5 Iida 2201 Votes
>6 Shigaraki 1880 Votes
>7 Aizawa 1543 Votes
>8 Ochaco 1143 Votes
>9 Toga 1104 Votes
>10 Yaoyorozu 1083 Votes

Might be fake, we won't know for a bit but it's hilarious if true

Where the heck is Mina? :argh:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Onmi posted:

I appreciate that Hori has said that Bakugo does, in fact, need to apologize to Deku over how he treated him.

They're both going to need to clear their schedules for that apology because that list must be HUGE.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

"Someone like you should never have been allowed in this school. That being said, feel free to reapply again next year."

:allears:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I want to get off Mr. Aizawa's ruse cruise.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Mina barely made the top 30 in terms of popularity. :negative:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Is this part of Shigaraki's plan? :ohdear:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Actual dialogue from AfO during Shiggy's childhood:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZ6nF6JKtRc

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Clearly Deku was born with a Quirk, but his father, AfO, took it from him when he was a baby as a dramatic plot twist. :v:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Clearly Deku will wind up with Toga.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Does Izuku like Ochako? It seems like he blushes around her now and then, but otherwise hasn't developed much of a crush on her compared to the other way around.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

tweet my meat posted:

I can't wait to see the highway attack animated

I wish there was a version of this meme for Shigaraki, because it'd be perfect for that episode.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

The Star Wars references have been so blatant thus far, too.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

PMush Perfect posted:

Pretty high on the list of things I want to see that will never happen is Mirio becoming the first successful quirkless hero. It'd really cement his position as a foil for Deku.

Maybe his first second opponent will be the Sludge Villain from the start of the manga.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Fabricated posted:

My theory is that Mirio might just flip if offered his quirk back. Mirio's response to Tamaki's suggestion Eri might restore his quirk some day looked weird to me. Also Nighteye's reaction to seeing his future was also weird.

Mirio's most memorable scene in the series so far is beating the everloving poo poo out of a terrible person in a way very reminiscent of All Might vs. Nomu.

Him suddenly flipping to being a villain would be incredibly jarring and inconsistent with his character as displayed.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Scholtz posted:

This but backwards. Deku's quirk, All for All, actually allows him to share his full power with allies. Using this, everybody in Class 1-A gets to have their moment in the final battle.

Sounds like a movie plot, tbh.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Mulderman posted:

Kirishima and Ashido should smooch already.

:hmmyes:

TheKingofSprings posted:

She's one of Horikoshi's favorite characters so she's always going to get some screentime but she's also a female character in a Shonen Jump manga, i.e. not likely

It's not fair. Why do all of the fun female characters always get shafted by Shonen Jump?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Being a fan of Momo must be suffering. She really needs an unambiguous win.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I think you mean kicking.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Hey, at least Spider-Man never ran over anyone at 80 mph with his electrified car.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Spider-Man has absolutely killed people, there was even a mini arc once where he went after kingpin with the explicit aim of beating him to death with his bare hands

Ah yes, that reminds me.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

All Might's totally going to die, only to come back to life inside of One for All as a Force Ghost, more powerful than Shigaraki can possibly imagine.

Junpei posted:

What I am looking forward to, conversely, is when Deku explains OFA to the class and their reactions.

Everyone accepts it and is supportive, except for Monoma who never recovers from the fact that the ex-number one hero chose someone in Class 1-A as his successor.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Jan 9, 2020

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

The fight is pretty lame because Overhaul is pretty lame imo.

:yeah:

Honestly, I got kind of tired of Eri too, though I'm not really sure why. I feel bad for her situation, for sure, and I'm glad she got out of that bad situation. But the character as a whole just doesn't really do anything for me.

Maybe it was just all of the repetitive dialogue from everyone that surrounded her. "Give Eri back to me!" "I'll never let Eri go again!" "This time we'll save Eri!" (repeat every five seconds)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I would love to see a My Hero Academia/One Punch Man crossover episode if the anime just decides to do a silly filler episode.