Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.
NNID: tvsian

I've got the pre-download ready to go, I'll probably rush through unlocking all the characters and stages then start messing around with other stuff.

I may not be online all that often (my internet isn't great), but I plan at least trying it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

shyduck posted:

Does anyone actually have a Gamecube adapter in their hands through traditional means or is everybody hosed on this?

Not in my hands yet, but Amazon shipped mine yesterday and UPS will have it to me today according to the tracking. I did order it the first day they were available though.

I had to wake up early for work, but I did unlock it right before midnight and do a Classic run on the gamepad. Definitely can't wait for the adapter, I need my GameCube button layout.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Is there any character that has an easy time getting the one kill in cruel smash? I tried DK's down-b but no luck. Every time I've tried with anyone I get swarmed and launched instantly.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Well, my Amiibo collection is building quicker than I expected. I was at Walmart the other day and they had a huge pile of Links and most of the common ones, so I grabbed a Link and Kirby. I noticed Marth was going for over retail on Amazon, and today I stopped at Toys R Us while waiting for my car to be serviced, and they had two Marths left so I grabbed one.

I'm sure as soon as I see a Villager or Wii Fit Trainer in a store I'll pick them up. Maybe I can just have relatives get more as Christmas/Birthday presents to save my gaming budget. It's hard trying to be a responsible adult when you really want a shelf full of Nintendo toys.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

mr. mephistopheles posted:

Just a tip if you slave farm amiibos for custom moves
Does that actually work? I ran 3 Amiibos in a 99 stock game with only Master Balls to try and get CDs, and they didn't pick up any. I saw one spawn but nobody grabbed it. And I didn't see any of the custom item bags, either.

What kind of settings do you use to make this work? I've got a pile of Amiibos, and I'd be fine letting them level each other up while collecting stuff.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Stallion Cabana posted:

I'm sad that this game doesn't have a Subspace Emissary mode. I liked it a lot.

I hope it is in Smash 5.

I'd rather have a more extensive Melee Adventure Mode. At least, I'd prefer levels and enemies based on the actual game worlds, and playing through as one character instead of needing to switch between most levels and lives.

The cutscenes were fun, though.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

LanceKing2200 posted:

It's more than that though. Pushing basically ANY button on the controller will make it reconnect. That means the controller can't be put into a bag, pocket, coat or any other carrying device that doesn't 100% secure it. Even carrying it around in your hand could result in someone brushing against you and hitting a button. The only solution would be to leave it somewhere where it wouldn't be touched (like behind the tournament screens) but I can't very well ask people to leave their controllers laying around in the open at an event with 400 people walking around.
Depending on how many people there are with controllers, you could probably have some kind of big locked box to keep them in (like a plastic container with a padlock), and just slap a label with their name or something on each controller to tell them apart. Probably a bit of a hassle to have someone checking controllers in and out between matches, but at least they'd be secure and theoretically not pushing buttons.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Theta Zero posted:

I just realized that between Bowser, Olimar, Pacman, Donkey Kong, and Robin, and Chrom if you count him, there's six dads in the roster and not a single mother. We clearly need Ms. Pacman to even the mom-to-dad ratio.

Mama Peach?

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Anatharon posted:

Simon Belmont isn't there, Reddit is full of Broke Brains, news at 11.

What if we got Castlevania Judgement Simon? Not worth the risk.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

K. Rool is only worth it if they continue his "different theme every game" gimmick. I say Luchador this time.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

NTT posted:

it does if you pay 40 dollars for the dongle

Apparently it works with generic USB Ethernet adapters too, there are some for $10-$20 on Amazon. I haven't tried it myself, I don't really play online.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Cuckoo posted:

I know the Smash universe changes the sizes and weights of characters so they match each other but :wtf: the Pokedex says Mewtwo is like 260 lbs. lol

I think he's supposed to be lighter because he hovers.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Rorus Raz posted:

We need costume DLC so Boshi can be in our lives again

My Yoshi Amiibo uses the blue Yoshi and is named Boshi. It's not the same without the rest of the outfit though.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Supercar Gautier posted:

Heck, even with Sega having a big stable of well-liked characters, only Sonic had that famous 90s rivalry with Mario, so I don't know if there's a second Sega fighter who would feel as right as him. Maybe Tails?
Hornet for Smash.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Cabbagepots posted:

Complain about clone characters, vote Daisy/Young Link/Waluigi. This makes perfect sense to a loving idiot.

But since Daisy and Waluigi are mostly in the spinoff games, they'd be clones of each other with a new sports/party/kart based move set.

And that means both would have the crotch chop taunt.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

DoctorWhat posted:

I heard some rumor about direct YouTube uploads for SSB replays coming soon, is there any truth to that?

From what I read, somebody found strings for it in the game, but it looked like abandoned code. So probably something they thought about then dropped, unless they decide to pick it up again

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Szmitten posted:

Yeah it's Lucas.

They already announced Lucas' release date though. It wouldn't surprise me if it was mostly about Lucas and the patch content (Miiverse stage, costumes, and maybe tournament mode) but ended with a trailer for the next DLC fighter and/or stage. A Ryu announcement would be pretty sweet, but they might be saving that for the thing they're supposedly doing at that tournament.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

mabels big day posted:

Make no mistake: i dont want ivysaur or squirtle, I want the drat trainer to join the fray.

I'd rather they add Ditto. Each attack turns him into a different Pokemon for that one move, then back again. It would be completely absurd.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Cabbagepots posted:

Except Street Fighter was never on the NES.

Well, not really anyway. Unless you count those weird bootlegs, one of which got turned into Kart Fighter.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

TechnoSyndrome posted:

http://www.twitch.tv/crediar stream's back up. Playing as Ryu

Huh, the character portrait is Mario, I wonder if he swapped files around to just turn Mario into Ryu or what. I didn't know Wii U hacking was that far along, the only thing I had seen was someone messing with Mario Kart 8 a little.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Jiro posted:

So is there an update that is out that he hosed around with or something?

Apparently Japan got the patch already, that's where all the datamined models, music, ending videos, etc. came from.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

KennyMan666 posted:

I'm going to guess DLC pack with all three of 'em for both 3DS and Wii U for like $10, to be made available after or even during the presentation.

Lucas already had an announced price I think, so they'll probably be available separately. But they could still do a pack like they did for the Mii costumes, where you can buy just one or all at once. I'm guessing the Ryu stage unlocks with Ryu, I'm wondering if Dreamland 64 will be free or paid, since we should be getting the free Miiverse stage too.

And hoping for a preview of the next round of DLC too.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Theta Zero posted:

Or Earthworm Jim. I miss that guy.

Include a New Junk City stage with a fridge you can drop on a seesaw to launch opponents. And a falling cow hazard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Trent posted:

I didn't like Bomberman 64 very much

Super Bomberman best bomberman

Still break out the multitap for that one occasionally

I liked the Saturn one, I had a second multitap for 10 (I think) player mode.

• Locked thread