Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

2Jets posted:

A few guys that couldn't use their mouse and wasd keys at the same time.

I'm pretty sure I could play tanks with just a mouse - M1 to shoot, M2 to go forward, side buttons to turn tank. That's pretty much all you need if you've got only gold ammo loaded and premium consumables.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

McGavin posted:

I demand a Backstreet Boys tank.

backstreet boys themed wt100 premium - backstreet's back.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Slaapaav posted:

are there tanks that are more blatantly overpowered than the t34-85m?

leFH.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Katamari Democracy posted:

I loathe you. But I will eventually have to learn arty and go down that line next. I won't be able to get that Stug IV if I dont play arty:

Isn't that the passive spotting mission where you have to remain unspotted? Just platoon your light tank with camo, binocs and net with two blind heavies/TDs, go to a forward passive scouting bush on Malinovka or Prokhorovka, and have your platoonmates specifically shoot your spotted targets even if it doesn't help your team win.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

just remember that personal missions that don't have the requirement of "win the game" are specifically designed to have you sabotage your team

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Prok is a perfectly reasonable map that is totally ruined by artillery.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

moolchaba posted:

Why can't they limit arty to just 1 or 2 per team? 3 is soooo asss.

When did they put in the three per team limit? Or has it always been that way?

It used to be unlimited, and there were occasionally hilarious games with 13-14 arti and 1-2 other tanks per side. Then it was limited to 5 per side, then 3 per
side.

Artillery needed to be removed from the game in 2013 when it was clear it could not be balanced.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

That was actually a terrible decision - AW also needed to just remove it, because it was not able to be balanced. In PvP, you would light up for enemy artillery when you fired, meaning the correct play was to wait to CB, kill the enemy artillery, and then your team got all the advantages. Obviously that's stupid, so they pushed artillery into PvE only, which was terrible because PvE was 5 players versus a bunch of AI, and artillery was terrible meaning it was just automatically 4 players versus the same number of AI.

e: oh wait, wasn't there like a series of equipment/skills/boosts that just allowed your arti to fire like every 2 second or some poo poo? lol what a shitshow of a game

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

i was like, 1100 hp? that's nice of them to buff it.

did the SU-101 really have 850 hp at one point lol jesus christ

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Mesadoram posted:

It's the T10 free rental tanks. Shitlords of all skill level are ruining the top tiers.

business as usual then

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Captain Blaargh posted:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:suicide:

fuckin' lol why didn't you get high caliber wtf

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Katamari Democracy posted:

Please get rid of Jack of All trades, Intuition, and Adrenaline Rush. Keep the rest and add some new ones like an example made up by someone else better than what I could think of.

There are no crew skills that are both interesting and don't lead to new accounts being ridiculous punished against experienced ones.

also they've been talking about default sixth sense for more than five years

Mesadoram posted:

I cannot tell if my hands are shaking from rage or if I just had one of the best battles I ever play end in a loving draw IN A 100% STOCK TANK.

jesus christ mesa thanks for posting stuff like this to keep me tanks free, but holy poo poo uninstall before you die of rage/sadness

e: also gently caress Erlenberg.

Hellsau fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Feb 9, 2020

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

serious gaylord posted:

motherfuckers taking one of the only tanks i've three marked and the best tier 7 light in the game.

they're not removing the AMX 13 57 though

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

OMGVBFLOL posted:

lol they're removing the only two good shermans

Huh, you're right. That's hosed up - isn't the Firefly an important historical vehicle? The Jumbo too.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

maybe have them lead to appropriate tanks then

:wargaming:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

the point of the ammo changes is so that they can make bottom tier tanks even worse off. wargaming makes money off people having to spend tons of credits off shooting gold ammo to have a chance to pen even the weakspots of enemy tanks. with the ammo changes, they can set the gold ammo pen at just enough to pen same tier tanks, have the regular ammo be worthless against same tiers but good against lower tiers, and now wargaming makes more money because people have to spend tons of credits on gold ammo and also spend even more credits on gold ammo since it'll take more shells to kill an enemy tank.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

McGavin posted:

The sandbox test is over.

:itwaspoo:

They're implementing the new tech trees and improved HP at low tiers, but not the ammo changes. The new HE mechanics were "incomprehensible".

lol wargaming come on guys, get it together

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Mesadoram posted:

They found a blueprint for a hover tank in some old USSR archives. Has the same gun as the 183 but can knock a fly off the wall.

to be fair, the 183 would definitely knock any flies off of whatever wall it shoots.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Atomizer posted:

The proxy distance is a 50 m sphere, so you can be high up on the carrier and not proxy spot something at ground/sea level below.

I think it's actually a cylinder, because wargaming.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Cannon_Fodder posted:

you aced it with 6k and still came in second.

What a world.

premium tanks too strong

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

No tech tree tier 8 is OP compared to the OP premiums.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

McGavin posted:

I just did the "do five times your HP in damage" TD mission in the FV4005. 9,364 damage. Unfortunately, it was a loss.

jesus loving christ there were still four enemies alive

Slaapaav posted:

thats wild

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

McGavin posted:

Jesus Christ. The TD mission after the "5x your HP in damage" one is "get 6 penetrations in a row". Talk about swings in difficulty.

1, 2, 3, *we didn't even scratch them*

1, 2, *that one bounced*

1, 2, 3, 4 *oneshot by arti*

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Slaapaav posted:

had a terrible game in the t44 then the next game i get oneshot ammoracked by a su130pm heat from full hp :(

T-44 absolutely requires Safe Stowage on your loader, and even still you're gonna go up once in a while.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

BIG HEADLINE posted:

The engine hp is extremely low, so more fires. Still, next time the -44-100 is on sale for gold I'm getting it.

Engine module HP doesn't cause more fires. A shot that hits the engine and doesn't damage it has the same percent chance of causing an engine fire as a shot that damages the engine or one that outright destroys it, based on the listed engine fire % on the engine module.

Fuel tank destruction is the instant fire.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Slaapaav posted:

3600 damage in a tier 8 is only good enough for second class on the t44. why?

Because it can see tier tens, so if you get the perfect game of braindead teammates and braindead enemies, you can farm a lot of damage on tanks two tiers higher than you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Mark David Chapman posted:

I forgot how unbelievably loving miserable this game is.

thank you all for helping me to never forget