Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

So it seems using a E25 now makes you turtle cancer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Zettace posted:

Is there a reason why T32s and T29s seem so vulnerable to arty? Even when playing the tier 5 French 105Lefh arty shooting at a T29 will almost always deal ~300 damage while shooting something like a M6 or even a KV-1 will only deal on average 100 damage?

They are large tanks that want to sit in very certain spots to hide their hulls, Its going to hurt with anything if they get hit in the hull, and in the top of the giant T29 turret too

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

warcrimes posted:

Gather around kids, it's Christmas story time. A misogynistic, homophobic shitpub from the star citizen forums :10bux:'d thinking he could come troll goons and things haven't quite worked out like he thought they were going to. You think WoT pubbies are spergy? Oh, boy, that's nothing compared to the Mal Reynolds roleplayers associated with SC. Someone joked that he's spent enough on me(this is the second avatar/red text he bought) to send Lowtax and his whole family to see the new hobbit movie. The beginning.

That guy was great, The SC topic has spawned many trolls, With the best being DaS Kaund or however it is spelled. His posts are magical :allears:

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

I'm getting a strange bug with tanking, where my prospective camrea will refuse to not work as if my mouse got unplugged or died, but mouse still works and responsive in everything but the player prospective camrea. Never had this happen before as its so odd

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Hellsau posted:

That's rare but not unheard of. Reinstall tanks. Seriously, just reinstall tanks and get your mods again.

Is there another option than re installing tonks on lovely Australia internet?

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

demonR6 posted:

Is it like you are looking in one direction only and cannot turn the turret at all but in reality it is?

No, the turret is also stuck as if holding down right click to stop turret and gun traverse. If I fire the gun janks abit for the first shot and than stays still for other following shots. I have uninstalled my mods and see if that works, but I have had a weekend of very bad storms so I'm getting pocket loss to everything

EDIT: well it seems mod related as I did some low tier tonks and it never appeared again

Stevefin fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Dec 28, 2014

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

rossmum posted:

If only the show had like, normal people in it instead of schoolgirls of a dubious age, I would watch the gently caress out of it. Like, it could even still be anime, just loving please stop with the creepy sexualisation of children for gently caress's sake Japan

There is a story that went around while it was airing, since it got a few delays mid season for unknown reasons apparently there was background bickering with the producers and the visual guys, The TLDR version was they where sneaking in more obverse fan service into the show, while the producers wanted none of that, and such when they did find some later on they got them to redo the entire scene with said fan service to remove it

Its probably shows its a mix of culture acceptance, and just pervy animation guys

Stevefin fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Jan 14, 2015

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

NTRabbit posted:

I'm at the TD mission where you need to do critical damage and not have critical damage yourself at the end of the battle, and so far between my E3, E4 and Foch I've done about 12k damage without scoring a critical hit, not including the damage in games where I didn't meet the other half of the criteria. This includes my E4 slam dunking a really bad W-100 for three shots into the gun shield, nada.

So in other words, you need to do a 0 damage shot :v:

EDIT:
Also gently caress these teams

Stevefin fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Jan 16, 2015

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

I had that kept on tracking me and got me killed as he believed tracking an ally still counts for his mission :negative:

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Cardiac posted:

How bad is the KV-4 if we forget it sees tier 10?

Seeing T10's is pretty much a killer for the KV-4. I have had some very funny T10 matches where I have used the hard angles and bounced heavy hitting TD's. but those matches only showed up a handful of time. Its slow, but not as slow as the KV-3 oddly, Its has a jarring weekpoint in its second turret. But, they got to have a high pen gun or be taller than you, and as such in T8 games it kinda becomes a fake weakpoint, since most tanks don't have a high pen gun yet, and you are taller than them

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

So to clarify, those who where in the last botes weekend are automatically in the current weekend too, And you will also get alpha access if your name is drawn from the arbitrary hat before open beta

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Missing Name posted:

I want my battlecruisers, so that I can explode in glorious balls of flame when a battlebote looks in my general direction.

I forget, are they planning to have separate BB/BC lines? Or are they going to be "fast" and "slow" ships? I seem to see contradictory reports.

I believe in last weekends test client that that the BC's where pretty much the high tier cruisers, though its still up in the air since japan did not have a complete cruiser line, but had a complete battle ship line, while US did not have a battleship line but a complete cruiser line.

They maybe still trying to juggle these sub classes of ships around. It will be interesting to see what they do with Germany, Since after the early years of WWII, its navy just seemed to be swimming with U boats...which wont be in the game, and that they never had an aircraft carrier presence

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

JuffoWup posted:

Ummm, the jap tree had a complete cruiser line. The final one looks kind of over powered too. It was a do everything boat. And not just small stuff.

I don't think they showed off the entire Japan Cruiser line for the beta testers, as the cruisers where cut off at Tier 4 where everyone else could go to Tier 5, since they had complete lines.

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Yeah I know they walled it at tier 5, and that the Japanese did not have a T5 cruiser for the beta. And only one carrier.

But enough being picky, its going to be good playing botes again. at the mercy of aircraft carriers this time

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Atomizer posted:

Wait, do you actually get to choose your aircraft complement?

I like to know too, as I have seen some of the first carriers using all fighters

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Artless Meat posted:

Divebombers are pretty disappointing. I was hoping they would do a bit more damage, but I guess they're basically just the plane-version of HE rounds.

They seem to do three times damage to destroyers compared to battleships...so I guess use them for taking our destroyers?

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

I'm really liking the Tier 7 cruiser for Japan botes, its very punchy

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

NTRabbit posted:

I thought Prinz Eugen was generally credited with the kill shot? PoW had part of her main battery fail because she was so new that they hadn't been able to complete full sea trials.

Bismark was just an average battleship by the standard of the KGV, Richlieu, North Carolina and South Dakota. Did orders of magnitude less than bad German tanks for the same mythical reputation

I think who sank the Hood is just as debatable as who sank the Bismark, But I think its more credited to Bismark due to the ship exploded on its volley

But as for tech. Well its a battleship, All you can do is get bigger and better? though I think it had more modern AAA guns, since apparently they where so advanced they could not hit a swordfish :v:

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Darkrenown posted:

Really? It seems loving insane to add Russia to botes before the UK, and Germany + Italy should probably be in before Russia too. russianbias.jpg

Next was supposed to be UK, But they went with Russia as the next tree cause of the huge nationalism pride of their major player base, which they say is Russian :shrug:

But it will mean we should than get a UK tree within the first year of them releasing the Russian one. I really hope they do not do what navy field did for their Russian tree

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

xthetenth posted:

The underwater hit the Bismarck took was the sort that a commerce raider simply cannot afford if they get caught not near port. It could just as easily have been the Bismarck scuttling herself in port waiting for fuel in South America after an inconclusive fight, not the Graf Spee. The KGV and Bismarck against each other is probably a roll of the dice to be honest, it's all about critical hits, and the KGV could easily knock out the Bismarck's fire direction like Rodney or flood her machinery with more underwater hits or something bad could've happened to her. That sort of thing is a numbers game. Problem is the Bismarck weighed enough to be armed with and armored against 16", and that would've been no contest.

Yeah that is true of the guns, while during its construction they abandoned the London/Washington treaty, though the Bismark its self did not get any modification during its construction, unlike its sister ship that started construction later, which is probably where the idea of making the ship harder to sink at the expense exposed areas, If it took a few hits but still made it back. who cares? it would of probably been retrofitted coming back, but of cause it did not come back.

In terms of in game, I think the Bismark will be a premium ship. But its sister ship the T7-8 battleship, since Bismark lasted less than a year and so no upgrades :v:

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

For botes kinda both true and not true. As far as i could see. If there was a great amount of that class built. Than they will use the class hull
But if one made it to/near the end of the war with an up to date retrofit or modification. Than they will use that ship and not the class

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Well it looks like tonks NA is unplayable from Aus again, a 50% trace with timed out status

Please don't make me go back to Asia sever Wargaming :negative:

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Gervasius posted:

Okay, I found the worst pubbie.

Look at his winrate and weep.

Is...that a wn8 of 1? :stonk:

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

McGavin posted:

Sturer Emil: Top gun or stock gun with gold?

The stock gun has slightly better DPM and handling with only 4mm less pen, while the top gun only has 15 shells.

Top gun, The Sturer Emil is all about that top gun, it sacrifices everything for that top gun, hence why its a steaming piece of poo poo

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

I think something broke with the AMX CDC on the NA severs

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

It is that I have not seen a tier 9 or 10 game in it, at all in the few matches I have played so far. I could be very very lucky with mm tonight. but that just does not sit right in WoT.

Stevefin fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Feb 24, 2015

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Agrajag posted:

You're complaining that you aren't seeing tier 10's in the CDC? Perhaps you should be celebrating since the CDC in tier 8 games is strong as all gently caress.

Yeah it is good at tier 8. and nope its MM is fine. I finally got into a top T10 heavy game :v:

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Well that is a very conflicting image

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

More CDC talk

I'm starting to fell Wet ammo racks is a must when playing one, it seems like its ammo racks get damaged from a slight breeeze

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

It really is a fun tank to drive

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Agrajag posted:

Someone please decipher this for me. I swear he is trying to tell something to me in code.

Its note arty that gets all the hate, its the splash radius and damage of it that is the problem.

Is I think what he is trying to say

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Cardiac posted:

From demonR6 descriptions (and not having played WoWS sofar) it sounds like WG not including submarines was probably pretty smart.
So, people in WoWS, is it worth downloading and playing once it is released on the 12th?
Is it as rage inducing as WoT? Cause I really don't need another game like that (I also just downloaded Tropico 5 on Steam sale).

It is pretty chill compared to wot. Least that is how it was in beta weekends,it also helps the tier to teir diffrance is not as large as it is in wot so anything feels useful many tiers lower.

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

And right now is when I found out I missed a day, since I don't have my clown car :(

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Burt posted:

I have no idea how WGNA even walk and breath at the same time. EU gets pretty much 200K players at peak time and NA gets what, 30K? How the gently caress can they be overwhelmed with tickets compared to the Mongol hordes on EU?

Have you seen how they solve sever issues? They alienated a portion of their player base to one sever since they where too lazy to change sever providers :v:

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

So my client has been stuck in a endless loop of 'updating crew' on the sever side. Did they change something, and than broke it? as it never gets past this point

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

So those who watch Jingles on twitch, He will no longer be live streaming his games or participating in other live streaming due to hardcore stream sniping over WoT and WoWs

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

NotWearingPants posted:

Anyone have any recommendations for a decent gaming headset that doesn't cost a lot?

I guess I'm leaning towards this one because I've heard of the company and it's cheap: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826158082

You can't go wrong with these ones on a budget: http://www.amazon.com/Plantronics-G...ecom+headphones

I go through headphones like no tomorrow I have been using these versions for the past few years. I normally went through headphones on a monthly basis before I found these guys

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

BadLlama posted:

I just got these and they are very good but the only thing that is driving me crazy are the ear muff parts are so small theyll smash your ear unless you like tuck all that poo poo into them.

Its not a problem for me, But than I have smaller than normal ears. I can't even use normal earphones :v:

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

raffie posted:

Does anyone know how bad the ping is from Asia (specifically Singapore) to the US servers?

I downloaded the asian server version a few days ago and i'm having fun, but playing without goons just sucks.

If the ping isn't too bad i don't mind restarting on the US server(s).

edit: Screw it i'm downloading the NA client. I'm going to create a new WG NA account, does anyone want to toss me an invite or referral code?

The ping depends on your net provider really. I get better and more stable ping on US West than Asia, but US East is unplayable.

You also don't need to re download the entire client, there is a region selector mod that changes the few lines between the different clients, saves having to re download everything again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

I am at the O-I exp. The tank just feels like the worst tier 5 heavy in the game. I also get the feeling something is broke regarding HE splash damage against it. In that it will take full damage from splash. I have had to put on the super heavy spall liner to try and survive a single splash from arty or KV2's

Edit: I take back every mean thing I have said about this tank

Stevefin fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Sep 3, 2015