Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

"Chianti-ti-ti".. Uh, is that supposed to reference the slither-slurping sound Lecter makes after delivering the same line? Try again, ranch hand.

By the way, I just adore the way he has his characters converse with each other in newspaper-speak: "Psychologist Martin Newburn calls it.." "Hey Sam, Senator Sherrod Brown (D-OH) stated yesterday..."
Also, OMG WTF

MokBa posted:

A lot of Bagley cartoons go overlooked in this thread. As Salt Lake guy who follows him on Facebook/Twitter, I can post his cartoons when they go overlooked. The thread usually misses a good 1/4th of them.

I was kind of thinking this would be a neat idea - post cartoons from your local guy.
For me, that would be Mike Smith, of the Las Vegas Sun, the left leaning, but waaaay-second fiddle to the much more popular and conservative Las Vegas Review-Journal. The R-J doesn't seem to have a resident cartoonist. Lately, they've been publishing some by some dude named F. Andrew Taylor, whose work is pretty apolitical and bland:

Smith has been around for a good long while, and is definitely the better cartoonist of the two, art-wise, though his subjects also veer to the beige side:

He does a bit better at routine-stand-up jokes:

And finally, how the heck did 'I Farted' miss the OP. That was like, the single greatest political cartoon of the year!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

This is the anti-Gorrell.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Hitler B. Natural posted:

It's the NYPD flag.

Depending on who you ask, the green is either a "sentimental police color" or honors the NYPD's Irish heritage in its formative years (Tammany Hall!)

Also, those Giles National Safety Cartoons are fantastic.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

snakeandbake posted:

Can we please stick to posting retarded opinions in cartoon format please.

"Which party's in headlines now for child sex slaves and bestiality?"

I hate to ask anyone to gaze into the abyss for my twisted amusement, but can someone explain what in the everloving gently caress he's going on about?

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Rugoberta Munchu posted:

Sony is Hawaii?

I'm not sure why exactly Darkow chose to draw this, but dammit if that isn't the most adorable D3A dive bomber I've ever seen. Of course, it didn't actually have a bomb bay, but still.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

This one needs to add the MS Paint icon pointed at the gunman to represent Kirschen's input on the matter.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

colonel_korn posted:

A few late-breaking Hebdo cartoons. Branco packing heat while Ted Rall focuses on what's really important here.

Nothing quite says "Watch out for the armed man willing to defend himself!" like a picture of said man with his back turned to the viewer.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Boehner looks like he came straight from a Gorillaz video.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Dang, that's quite the piehole on ol' dad there. A mouth that scary needs a fleshy lure protruding from the forehead.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Not My Leg posted:

Is this a talking point. College is valuable because it isn't free, and Obama's plan would devalue (community) college by making it free and available to everybody.

Obama: Noted for his Wilford Brimley moustache-like upper lip.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

That dad is one smug looking cyclops. "Heh, check out my 9-year old, he watches Fox News all day!"

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Gothic script is just random skinny lines poking out of letters, right?

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

I'd like there to be some sort of highly publicized roundtable featuring Mitch McConnell, Tony Abbott, and Ed Miliband, just to see cartoonists go nuts.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Holy poo poo, how did Ramirez go from that Obama caricature to the one he uses now? I mean, it's still grotesque, but I'll bet if you showed that to someone for the first time, they would correctly identify him. He actually has a big smile and prominent pointy chin here.

I guess it's the long term effect of being supreme commander of your own fart bubble bathysphere. You draw Obama with severe mandibular aplasia or cough up Muirish goatspeak for dialogue.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

He's throwing you out because you wore your pajamas to class, dummy!

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Post 9-11 User posted:

SuperHappy Flawless. :allears:

Muir: making America safe from those hajjis. America: a nation that hates white men. :psyduck:

What is this even about, anyway? Is he suggesting there's some sort of clarion call for all the white male alpha dogs of America to unite and defeat the muslim horde? Is this a thing wafting through the right wing blogs? Or have the mold spores from the hole in his roof finally made their way to his brain?

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

The cartoon you've been waiting for:

What does H.B.D.W. mean?

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

colonel_korn posted:

If there's one thing Michael Moore is good for, it's inciting seething white-hot hatred from right-wingers.

What does an old Tom Berenger movie have to do with anything?

quote:

the elephant trunks inside those bubble helmets is great.

Speaking of Moore and his sniper comment, I'm kind of surprised that little nugget hasn't been addressed by Muiry Sue and the rest of the wacky characters at the Triple-K Ranch already. They must be busy tending the corrals or something.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

rolosaavedra posted:

Some stuff by Chile-based cuban cartoonist Alen Lauzán:

Reaction to CH shooting:

Toughest Mahjongg tileset ever!

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

"Youtube Stars"? Is that supposed to be a Benghazi reference?

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Looks like we can add pops to the long list of people who have to bail Zed's rear end out of trouble.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Didn't somebody else make a Mitt Driving the Family Truckster cartoon during the heady days of Dog-On-Roof-Gate, or is it a gag that's so obvious it just seems like someone did that already?

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

"No one remembers Israel or the holocaust!"

"When are we going to start talking about the Super Bowl?"

...and has anyone ever actually seen a smartphone anywhere?

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Is it customary for the enemy to greet paratroopers with bouquets, or do they carry them on the way down?

So... age six, then.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Where exactly does one go to find the official tally of each president's number of veto threats?

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Rorus Raz posted:

Did this get posted :stare:
:nws: http://i.imgur.com/a9y1Odi.jpg :nws:
Look at that horrible second panel of Obama. Look at it.

Zed, when your dad said he needed you to move to the ranch and shovel horseshit, this isn't what he meant.

Just look at the wheels on that car! The gauntlet has been thrown, Payne!

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Ya gotta give me the flies and spiders!

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Great shirt for hanging out with your kids

Or your sister. Your liberal slut sister.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

This may have been already addressed during an explanation of Tinsley's two-week delay, but seeing this one has me wondering, what does Tinsley do, if anything, to keep a current event from blowing up in his face? Like, what happens if when about a week from now, MF embarks on an in-depth series of LOL Brian Williams Tells Another Whopper!, but by then, Williams has already been fired by NBC and is immediately scooped up by Fox News (it could happen - we know now he's at least capable of their most coveted quality)? Does he have a set of his usual I Don't Care About Kim Kardashian strips on emergency standby that he can tell the syndicate to run at the last minute?

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

DJ Turbo Punch posted:

This is basically a cover from an 80's GI Joe comic book.

I was thinking early 70's action movie poster. The Zagreb Raid! Starring Ben Gazzara, David Janssen, and Britt Ekland. Directed by Antonio "Bud" Macchisconni. Rated PG

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

It's a very happy Monday.

This one just crossed the line with the bottled water!

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

xthetenth posted:

Bok probably considers PHB the hero of Dilbert.

Reminder that these are the same guys who depict Obama as Santa Claus, Robin Hood, Luke Skywalker, and George Bailey.

Coatlicue posted:

Only one person quoted this cartoon and that is a travesty. Look at that crying basketball, this is the best memorial cartoon ever.

Good news is that - in true political cartoonist fashion, he can reuse that cartoon, now that Jerry Tarkanian has also passed.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Samurai Sanders posted:

Don't be silly, America singlehandedly won WW1 and 2 the instant they started, which is defined by the moment the US entered them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_KrrI-rgns

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

TBH, I'm kind of impressed he didn't go with Obama playing the presidential guitar with a million people behind him suffering in a Louisiana city-swamp.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

That's a bold stance, defending a movie that has grossed $300M and is nominated for a Best Picture Oscar.

quote:

8 d'awww :3:

Happy Preripenis Day, everyone!

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Vogon Poet posted:

This is amazing, because Skye is not just getting a burn in on her sister; she's getting a burn in on Muir. The text of the first two dialogue bubbles is obviously from this page on about.com. Muir has previously done the exact same thing (minus the acknowledgment of what he was doing) in some of his strips involving auto repair, and he was mocked for it in this thread. Chris Muir... showing self-awareness? :aaaaa:

I'm kind of wondering if Muir had his 'John McCain on the stump' moment and finally got weirded out by his followers expressing so much rage over an imaginary character.

I think that's actually a bathroom plunger that the soldier managed to jam through a roll of toilet paper. He probably should have his arms tied before he gets his hands on a gun. Also, getting a serious Vacanti Mouse vibe from that Obama.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Wait... this isn't an edit?

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Maybe the Trippin Balls Photoshop filter is best left unused on things that should have straight lines, like houses.

OTOH, seeing what appears to be a giant face emerging from the back of that shack, T-1000 style is the most entertaining thing this strip has done in a month.

I'm hoping the reason that pizza seems to be airborne is because someone sick of hearing the duck's poo poo has thrown it at him.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

VitalSigns posted:

Well if even the liberal character admits willing fresh-faced Democrats are lining for shankings courtesy of Obama, it must be true!

I think that's supposed to be Zed saying the line about Obama killing citizens, but of course, since he isn't depicted, I guess we'll never know for sure. It's almost as if Muir is terrible at every single aspect of cartooning.

I like those Kennedy caricatures. They're simple and have a lot of basic details in common, yet you can easily tell which one is which (even without the Jack (Jerk) label.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Why are those veterans "waiting for care" if they're already dead?

quote:

Good grief, how can anyone be so bad at drawing simple rooms? The floor and window are off by like 30 degrees. The guy's chair caster is floating in mid-air. Even the text on his screen isn't lining up with the monitor edges. The cubicle walls are going off like a dressing screen. I could slam a fifth of tequila in one go, wait a half hour, stick a pencil in my nostril and still draw better architecture than this. Maybe Rall needs to try that, because it couldn't possibly get much worse.

• Locked thread