Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I guess a lazy masturbation pun is too much for the child murderer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Lurdiak posted:

E: Oh yeah, don't loving read that sprite comic from 2003 that I linked, in case you're brain dead and need to be told that.

8-Bit Theater is the only good sprite comic.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Lurdiak posted:

The internet has made me an untrusting, suspicious man.

I still feel ashamed for having posted the solid dick one. :(

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Say Nothing posted:

Source, Everyone Is A Jerk #1.

I wish I could find the Locke and Key panel that was also homaging the Kitty panel, but I never can.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Diet Poison posted:

Welly lucky for you, it's one of the ten images I have uploaded on imgur!

You're a lifesaver.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

MikeJF posted:

Why's she seeing Batman as a tentacle monster?

Because she's a little girl who just woke up in the middle of the night to find a dark, scary figure terrorizing her father.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Lurdiak posted:

I don't joke about Jughead.

The "read to find out the explanation for this bizarre cover" doesn't work so well in a book with "Time Police" in it's title. Like I think kids can figure out the cause of two instances of the same person in the same place in a book about time travel.

mind the walrus posted:

While it absolutely is, it should be noted that it isn't a crossover or evolution of Afterlife with Archie. It's a separate crossover that hems a lot closer to traditional Archie by the looks of it. This is just an alternate cover in the Afterlife with Archie style.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=26155

Now seriously when the gently caress did Archie comics become worth a drat? This is puzzling.

Wow, it kind of makes it creepier that it's using the normal artstyle.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Girl Comics #1

It's ruined slightly in the actual issue because it goes on for three more pages as if anyone had any doubts about what was going to happen next. As a single page it's perfect.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Holy poo poo! Charlie McCarthy!

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
My favorite comedy writer happened to do an article on Silver Age Superman protecting his identity recently.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
This is a good article about how race is depicted in manga.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

That Ignorant Sap posted:

No idea on the source.

Aww, he should have bought the other cookies anyway, he made the girl scout sad. :(

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Gavok posted:

Pretty sure he did. That's why he's handing her the money.

Oh, whoops, I didn't notice.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I've had this in my folders for awhile.

Giant bunnies are four times as dangerous as an oncoming train.

One of the really early issues of Excalibur.

WickedHate fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Aug 14, 2015

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

goatface posted:

I think that's part of a Mad Jim Jaspers arc

Nah, just Arcade.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Go back to Reddit, Star-Lord.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Wait, I just realized what his terrible secret is!

Ghost Rider: Heaven's on Fire #2

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

AnonSpore posted:

The thought of a guy, even a supervillain, not being able to even eat his breakfast because his hands want to kill him is pretty depressing to me.

Well, that's what the metal boxes are for, naturally. :D

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

joehonkie posted:

And Han Solo's smuggler friends all have fabulous outfits for no reason:

Classic Star Wars: The Early Adventures #7

This was clearly just set up for a proposed spin off movie starring the Village People.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Promotional comics are non stop hilarity.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
"THAT'S HOW BLUDHAVEN ROLLS!" just made one of the worst results of Infinite Crisis almost worth it.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

ecavalli posted:

A sailor man gets lonely out on the high seas, with only spinach and forearm gigantism to keep him company. Given that Olive Oyl has the feminine wiles of a 12-year-old boy, can you really blame Popeye for buying a bit of dockside strange on the side?

There's a song all about this very subject.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Zack Morris can stop time.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Found this on tumblr and thought of this thread.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
As goofy as that is, it's good evidence for the theory mutants are actually all reality manipulators. I'd love Magneto to do that again in a modern comic.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

RandomFerret posted:

Optimus Prime is supposed to be a military genius with millions of years of memories. The biggest 5¼‑inch floppy disk held 360kb.

Cybertron has amazing compression algorithms.

I can buy the storage medium as a product of the time, but I'm more amused by Optimus being kept with all those other floppies. Are they just as important? Or does this dude keep the mind of a sentient being with his spreadsheets?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Phy posted:

C'mon, man. He's just a sentient million-year old robot, not a Sierra game.

I mean, it really just shows how advanced he is if he can compress himself into a floppy.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
This used to be funny but it just kind of creeps me out now that I recognize Jessica Jones/Jewel.

WickedHate fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Sep 6, 2015

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Trukk not gator.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

prefect posted:

The only good fan wiki.

"Of course, the whole point is rendered moot when you realize that Optimus Primal's alternate mode is actually an ape, specifically a gorilla, not a monkey.[4] (This has been understood by the humorous users of the term all along, and adds approximately 34.5% of the snide.)"

Megatron's plan to graft the butt of a crane onto the butt of a missile carrier succeeded beyond expectations.

It's an entire wiki of funny panels! :)

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Dareon posted:

Here's one of the few really good jokes from Preacher:

Everything else is more or less that :stonklol: you get from the worst parts of South Park.

I always assumed, having saw that panel before reading Preacher, that Jessie was a bad guy and calling his own minions out or something. It's hard to tell if the "greatest champions" part is sarcastic or not out of context, I guess. And he does look kind of evil.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
It's really too bad the guy that does those is such a dick, they're always so good.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

fatherdog posted:

If we ever do make contact with alien life I put the over/under on three days before a human figures out how to gently caress one.

Three days is severely underestimating me.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Gavok posted:

Reminder that there was a Lady Deadpool whose face was scarred up as well (though it appeared more heavily slashed up than genetic side-effect), but they made sure to have it get cleaned up in Deadpool Corps because, you know, you can't include a female Deadpool unless you want to make her hot.

On the plus side in the fight for gender equality, it's a major Hollywood production with a big name star playing the role, you can't have male Deadpools with more than slightly bumpy skin either.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Gavok posted:

It is kind of weird that one of Marvel's most popular humor characters is a suicidal, cancer-ridden rape victim mass murderer who used to torture his loved ones due to control issues and unknowingly murdered his parents.

I was just thinking about the changes Deadpool's gone through since Marvel started aiming for a broader audience. I guess that's a downside of popularity, like turning Wolverine into the X-Men's protagonist and clean cut hero.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Hank died in Tales to Astonish #27, all this time he's been an ant that thought he was Hank Pym.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Yvonmukluk posted:

Because Hank hadn't been shat on enough ALREADY.

What are you talking about? Cap just said he's the finest man he's ever known! :)

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Huh, I always thought that was an edit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

The Silver Age was a time where spanking was still enough of a non sexual thing it's genuinely unclear if this was meant innocently or for the writer to jack off to.