Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011

ManMythLegend posted:

At no point in my posts did I say I thought that the new operators and staff shouldn't have some sort of organization to ensure they receive competitive wages and a safe working environment.

However the longshoremen and their union are a prime example of what a bad union looks like. Defending them is dumb and bad.

I concur
I work on a boat that works the Columbia River most of the time and those guys are 'tarded.
Look at what was going on in recent history down around Longview for instance...

http://www.oregonlive.com/business/index.ssf/2013/07/longshore_picketing_at_portlan.html

Or how they like to vandalize non-Union members vehicles who aren't even competing for their jobs but continue to work in support roles... Tugboat crews and the like.

Some fuckers even tried to derail train cars a few years back iirc...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

What's this poo poo about "only Americans get to be lone wolves"

drat loving straight.

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011
It's our duty to shitpost the D&D thread;
Get'r shut-down...

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

oh gently caress gip is gonna get blown up now

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

I hope one of my Muslim brothers murders you and defecates in your still warm body cavity, because I agree with free speech as long as its me publicly mocking the Holocaust and talking about Jews being vermin. But if you criticize my pederast warlord-prophet, I will cut your head off.

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011

Obama Africanus posted:

Just getin' my empty quote on, and honest to (My real and not made up booga booga mud) god celebrating the official opening of the open war on Islam.

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011

not caring here posted:

Speaking of SVU, I don't normally watch it, but I sat down and watched a marathon of the most hosed up episodes they've ever made. It would not surprise me that if after 8 hours of that there was a massive spike in suicides, because it was depressing as gently caress and left you with less hope for humanity that you had before.

After watching all the baby raping and incest and murder for blood to masturbate with and necrophilia and weird combinations of said sick poo poo, I just felt bummed out for days, and I don't even get the sad brains.

This'll make you feel better

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jfX8VhqsZS8

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0DpxwN1o43E

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GIQn8pab8Vc

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011

Casimir Radon posted:

Michael Moore is a turd, perhaps an slightly over demonized turd, but a turd all the same. Even on domestic issues that I'm probably not too far off his stances his stupid crybaby/fart-smelling style makes you want to disregard anything coming out of his mouth.

John Safran really did the best Moore parody.

I lived in Traverse City for a while; he'd occasionally come down to his movie theatre, The State, and hang out in the lobby, wearing sweats, looking unwashed and kinda smelling bad.
I thought he was one of the regular derelicts that were always stinking up the bookstore/coffee shop next door...

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011

holocaust bloopers posted:

I think it's cool that he failed out of SFAS and wants another go. In another branch. As an enlisted guy. With a degree.

Mayhaps he'll be like the jag guy but instead of fighter-pilot lawyer he'll be SEAL-Lawyer. But no Catherine Bell so boooooo.

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011

lightpole posted:

"Haruna Yukawa, 42, was seized by militants in August after going to Syria to set up a private military contracting company, according to reports.

Kenji Goto, 47, is a well-known freelance journalist and documentary film-maker who went to Syria in October, reportedly to try to get Mr Yukawa released."

I was wondering what they were doing there.

CIA spies I'm sure.

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

They straight up shot down a civilian airliner and all that came of it was the Netherlands begging them to send the bodies home

And identity theft from the victims as the russkies pillaged the dead's belongings.

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011

Genocide Tendency posted:

I have heard a far far left person blame the government first. They circled back around to payments from big pharma, but they were mad as gently caress at big government.

That person also had serious :tinfoil: issues too.

To be fair.... Didn't the CIA use a vaccination program to hunt down terrorist, or drug dealers, or someone they didn't like?

You think they would've kept the Intel gathering method a secret.
But instead it was "Oh let's tell everyone exactly how we ran old boy down..."

As far as the vaxx thing, I have a 4 month old who CAN'T get the MMR until he is 12 months. So for the next 8 months I have to worry about him coming into contact with some hippie fucktards whose little poo poo-noodle is a plague carrier.
I live in WA state so plenty of those fuckers to go around.
Had to canx a trip to Cali to visit the wife's family so they could meet my little dude.

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011
Was it on here somebody posted a pic of an infant hitting a windshield with a caption regarding not wearing seat belts allowed for developing natural immunity to windshields?

And unrelated but Russia's selling some advanced AA system to Iran now to protect their nuclear power and research abilities...

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011

Caconym posted:

The Norwegian Army got its panties in a twist a while ago when a company i Afghanistan started using the punisher symbol.
I mean, have you ever seen such unprofessionalism as this?

A whole lot of utter bullshit followed, all topped by a three star on a personal crusade against "skulls" spraypaiting over the skull and crossbones on an EOD SISU. :downs:

Somebody with photoshopzskillzzz needs to make look like he's painting either a dick or a swastika or a swastdicka on that thing, then post it on the NA's Facebook page.

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011

BaconAndBullets posted:

Pretty sure I drunkenly got a folding knife through security. I was late for a flight, about to deploy, and pretty buzzed. I was too late to check my bags so I did the the gate check thing and I think I had a spring assist folder in my bag. I didn't mean to but I remember when I got to my destination and dug through my bag and saw my knife I just thought "hmm, got lucky there"... and that was the moment I lost all faith in airport security. Either that or when my old incompetent former boss waved me through the metal detector.

I've decided to leave old pairs of gloves back at my home of record and will fly with them to get them there, after handling C4, no issues. Gloves, which have been in direct contact with no bull poo poo explosive, with no follow up questions or that bullshit tag in the bag. If I fly with a striped AR-15 receiver in my luggage poo poo gets torn open by TSA but other things won't get a second look. I just wish I could get a job where I red team TSA all day and poo poo on all of their days, fight back for all the shoeless and beltless people who have been groped while getting paid.

I was flying last year and had my seat mate whip out a 4" mora knife and start cutting up an avocado.
She said "security didn't say anything about my knife so I guess it's okay"
I made sure to block the view of the whole thing when the stewardess went by- I didn't feel like landing in Bumfuck S. Dakota because of an overreaction...

Sharp object related

http://gawker.com/man-slices-up-trio-of-alleged-burglars-with-decorative-1697714852

And NWS/NMS results of choppy hopping

http://m.imgur.com/a/Hmgja

https://m.imgur.com/a/l0whx

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011
http://www.navytimes.com/story/military/2015/04/28/finnish-navy-drops-depth-charges-onto-suspected-submarine/26514393/

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011

Kiryen posted:

Was she even able to keep a straight face saying it?

Magicskygodsaysforgive!
I think they should drop the nun in rural Pakistan and tell the dried up oval office to spread the word....

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011

joat mon posted:

Other way 'round.
The earlier you get death off the table, the better. If Tsarnaev could have avoided death by pleading, he would have. The trial sure as hell wasn't his idea.

You take your moral cues from an interesting region/religion.

Well my name is Dingleberry and I generally shitpost so don't expect too much high thinkin'
And it's GIP and the drunk thread is off the radar so there's that.

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011
Ah.

Thanks for the heads up.

joat mon posted:

Chat thread is the new drunk thread. (Butts too!)

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011

go3 posted:

there is no bigger bucket filling cum explosion than a dude getting killed.

Thread title?

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011

Booblord Zagats posted:

Man, if the natives wanted their holy sites protected they should have fought better and maybe built some loving roads to them.

Too bad they were so backward they hadn't advanced out of the Stone Age.
gently caress natives. Most of them had wiped out other lesser tribes at some time to take their resources.
Whitey was just a bigger badder tribe with boomsticks so we're all just ppl same on the inside so what's the diff.

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011

Dr. Josef Mengele posted:

These people need to chill the gently caress out. 99% of these stolen valor people are just trolls or hardcore aspergtards

Trudat.

Also, ppl should be more upset at the some of the 100% VA folks who basically are/were full of poo poo and go on to be paid fire-fighters, cops, or other high-stress physically demanding jobs.
If some fucktard in a goofy fake uniform wants to get 10% off at Home Despot or get a free diarrhea inducing chicken fried steak at Mary's AllNight poo poo Diner that affects the country's bottom line way less than Seaman Joey claiming PTSD for someone stealing his socks to jack off into and then going all mental about it.

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011

Spicy Guacamole posted:

In news that shouldn't surprise anyone, owning cats is hazardous to your health.

I've been looking for an excuse to issue a coup de grace with a .22 revolver on my fucktards. This might be it.
But the voices are telling me to get more cats so...

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011

Where are their TWIC cards?!?!
They're not cleared for that!

If they had been from the land of sand and genies you think the Coasties would've lit 'em up with a -240?

Also, hilarious that an American needs a TWIC to access port facilities BUT foreign sailors don't as they can't get TWICs, so just an access list and mariner cred and good to go Hans/Wang/Rajiv...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Within 1,500 yards? How'd it get that close without getting shot down?

CWIS failed to feed.

• Locked thread