Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Cant fix infrastructure, need all that money to buy votes!

This goes for both parties BTW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

hailthefish posted:

And also because not every potential flood risk area is literally on a beach.

Some places only flood like once every 100 years as well.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Slanderer posted:

It seems dumb not to route the roads around it, but there is absolutely nothing unusual about that rail crossover as far as I know.

Looks like the track running towards the top of the pic is rarely used anyway.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Last guy that was tied off is in the lower right corner.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Bondematt posted:

Actually he did, but what he did was grab a whole fistful of front brake. What he should have done was smoothly apply it, and if traction broke release immediately and reapply. It's something that needs to be practiced to be done well, or just get a bike with ABS cause gently caress all that.

If someone ever tells you they had to, "Lay her down", this is exactly what they did.

Doesnt look like he braked at all to me.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

cams posted:

i am a dumb poli sci major who knows nothing of your earthly sciences

but when that dude is blowing on that oxygen tank with that fire right there, there is a non-zero chance of it just exploding and blowing him to pieces, right?

Oxygen tanks on fire is indeed a very very bad thing.

Inflammable means flammable whoda guessed?

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

WarpedNaba posted:

Alpha's no problem. Beta, maybe? If you're within 2 metres beta is more than capable of loving you.

Gamma? Unless you're wearing a cement mixer, haul your rear end out.

But I wanna be the Hulk!!

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

nullEntityRNG posted:

The sad thing is even if they had the tires centered it'd still break like china. Such tiny rear end tires couldn't possibly cushion the drop fast enough and it'd still impact the ground.

What the hell were they thinking

Ummm staged for the camera perhaps.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

I can save it, I can save it, I shouldn't have tried to save it.

Im glad I work with docks and not those tommy gates.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Angela Christine posted:

lol he left them to die

Well, hes not exactly superman or anything. What could he have done?

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

VectorSigma posted:

there's some trickery here, or something really crazy happened

It appears bus driver #2 was unhappy that the Porsche parked in the bus stop area.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

bustercasey posted:

This is a few houses down from mine.

I bet its nice when they get a lot of rain. The non squareness of the concrete and hole bother me just as much as the door.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Evilreaver posted:

Okay this warning label has my COMPLETE ATTENTION :stare:

I wish I knew what the text says.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

D1Sergo posted:

Huh, I'm kind of impressed with the commitment to making the shot look good then, because that hit looks gnarly.

If that was real wouldnt the ball basically go THROUGH the van.

Vehicles are pretty much pop cans, especially when hit from the side.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

VectorSigma posted:

oh poo poo the pose he goes into as his muscles all contract... he's dead isn't he?

How do these morons not know to at least NOT STAND ON OR OVER the tire?

Seems basic to me.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Improbable Lobster posted:

An underfunded safety organization in the USA? Say it ain't so.

Show me an agency that doesnt say theyre underfunded.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Bandsaw aint nothin to gently caress with!

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Poizen Jam posted:

Props to those models for keeping their strut/composure- I'm pretty sure even soldiers would have broken rank to help a fellow member who fell through the loving floor.

Thats not a model probably the designer or something.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Poizen Jam posted:

Props to those models for keeping their strut/composure- I'm pretty sure even soldiers would have broken rank to help a fellow member who fell through the loving floor.
In the full clip a photographer goes to save her and falls through too, LOL

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b01_1207346351

Well to be fair he kinda got pushed.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

FIRST TIME posted:

Jesus Christ, that's like some backwards 3rd world poo poo right there.

Nah in the rest of the world the bull would have a bunch of swords stuck in it to gently caress up its neck.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Someone can post it, but there was that guy who went down the manhole cover to get copper or something and got electrocuted and they didnt find him til like a year later.

He was about as close to ash as youre probably gonna get.

I guess he was more mummified. Cant find pics but heres the news story:

http://www.komonews.com/news/offbeat/Mummified-body-found-in-Tucson-manhole-264475401.html

JB50 fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Jul 14, 2015

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Wall Balls posted:

x postin from the southern thread

Im pretty sure the BATFE has laws against things that fire from remote control.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

goodness posted:

A deep ditch to launch the truck into the crowds

At most big show dont they have kill switches built into the trucks so they can shut them down if they go out of control?

I swear I heard that somewhere.

Found it:

Some history for people.
Back in 1992, Grave Digger almost bounced into the stands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aI01zM_g_Mc

This however paved the way for remote kills and most importantly, keeping a barrier area for the trucks to land in... that saved lives in shows afterward:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyb9J3XQ4ik

In the USA anyway, dont know about Mexico.

JB50 fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Jul 25, 2015

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Worst Ive ever had was landing in some blizzards. It didnt bother me because I basically let go and dont stress about it because its out of my hands.

The nervous one should be the pilot, and hopefully hes Joe Cool, because hes seen it all before.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Dienes posted:

I see wheels but no seat. Please tell me no one rides these things.

Kinda reminds of one of those nitro powered swamp buggys.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Im not even a farmer, but that thing is totally badass!

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

ThePriceIsRight posted:

wtf why did the driver seem to be resisting someone trying to save his life? I don't think he would have died anyways, should have just left him in there.

Car thief maybe?

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Samuel posted:

Please mass report this guy.

Too obvious, poo poo bait.

CRANES CANT DESTROY HOUSE MADE WITH BEAMS!!!!

or something like that.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

IndianaZoidberg posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlVxRdTnNqI (skip to 2:20)

Uh, yeah, no. This guy is SO stupid and he or his company will be facing a major fine if OSHA catches him doing this. Free climbing is NOT permitted for tower workers. He might think it is because some old gray beard told him it was cool when he used to climb towers 30 years ago, but not today.

Heh major OSHA fine huh :laugh:

Im sure theyre quaking in their boots.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

spacetoaster posted:

wtf is that?!?

A crevasse just like the title says, and the text on the gif says.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

cowboythreespeech posted:

Holy gently caress source please

Im guessing a belt sander. Unless this person slid like 5 miles on their head.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Mak0rz posted:

There is not an airtight seal between your toilet lid and the bowl rim.

Wouldnt an air tight seal gently caress up the flushing on a toilet.
It kinda needs to take in air when the water goes down right?

All those poop particles just make your immune system stronger anyway.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

VendaGoat posted:

Post your job.

Im pretty sure hes making a joke about that satellite they hosed up because they used both metric and standard measurements when building it.
Nothing personal.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

plainswalker75 posted:

Maybe I'm dense, but how is this in dangerous? Is the black thing actually metal or something instead of plastic? Because at best that looks like it would give you a bruised elbow or something.

It would basically be like an empty box falling on you. Not a big deal, but probably not suppose to be like that around customers. I wouldnt be surprised if this pic was taken at like 12 am when restocking is done.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

goodness posted:

He's lucky his weight broke that bar off instead of it breaking his arm off.

The handle just rests on those little nubs on the cart, unless you put a pin through them. The handle isnt for picking up the cart ,

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Bostonmarathonbomberspractice.jpg

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Pound_Coin posted:

Are you buying like army surplus soup or is this an american thing?

Durrrrr I havent heard of something. Is this an American thing? I hate this attitude.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

This is why I extend my arm and hold my head away when I light the grill.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Melian Dialogue posted:

Do they actually setup the stings themselves (i.e. they hire a guy, and see its an objectively lovely job and call him out) or do they get people to call in their experiences with a contractor?

Because if its the latter, how do you prevent the he said/she said bullshit? Like, in this clip, how do I know this contractor actually hosed that couple over, or if that couple actively hosed him over on the deal? We just take the word of the couple? I mean, there are probably equally pieces of poo poo contractors and piece of poo poo homeowners out there so, call me skeptical.

Did he miss that first shot? It looks like he missed the first shot, and it was like point blank.

If you see some of the work these so called contractors have done, its pretty obvious they are full of poo poo/ in over their head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

H2SO4 posted:

Exactly. I recall seeing an episode where the owners fed the show a line of BS, they got the contractor and the real story came out.

For the rest, you can absolutely tell that the "contractors" have no clue what they're doing, things are massively unsafe, etc. They don't go out to a house with an addition that's perfect except the paint's not finished; they show up to an addition that's built using scrap wood, wiring that's completely hosed, etc.

The amount of exposed live wire ends sticking out of walls on that show is insane. Lots of mold/black mold as well.

Make sure you hire a reputable LICENSED contractor people!

• Locked thread