Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD
Former UAB safety died in a car crash. He had transferred to WKU. Kid was only 19 and was a passenger in the car :(

http://www.al.com/news/huntsville/index.ssf/2015/06/former_uab_football_player_die.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Would tackling him mid-backflip be considered roughing the kicker

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Pakled posted:

Georgia's QB situation is atrocious for how prestigious of a program it is but that's okay since they can win every game next year by running the dang ball.

In other news, North Dakota has narrowed its nicknames down to 15 contenders.
http://www.inforum.com/news/3763005-15-und-nickname-ideas-make-committees-cut

Reminder that they took their suggestions from the internet and for some reason published all the submissions that didn't make the first cut.
http://und.edu/nickname/non-consideration-list.pdf

Very surprised that there were 0 roll tides in the suggestions.

There were plenty of racial slurs tho so I guess Alabama did get in on this :smug:

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Crotch Bat posted:

Ahaha what a shitlord.

This message brought to you by Jim Harbaugh for a Better America

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

C2C - 2.0 posted:

LSU reports 4 players arrested today, including starting QB Anthony Jennings.

Ergo, LSU will play for the National Title this year.

Well this is fun.

I live in the same apartment complex they got arrested in. I didn't see or hear anything suspicious though because cops are here probably 4 times a week.

Ugh I wish someday a successful football player will break into my apartment or sucker punch me at least

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Raku posted:

I was amazed LSU or Florida couldn't get an Ohio State QB to transfer

I think I remember Les Miles actually saying he wasn't interested in either OSU or ND quarterbacks

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Thank god that kid didn't win a Heisman

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Thoguh posted:

What's the chance, during SEC media days next week, we get a strong narrative from ESPN about how the SEC should definitely get two teams into the playoff this year.

If the SEC has any teams in the playoffs it won't be due to media day, it will be based on some sort of conference championship game

This is assuming that Alabama will automatically get a spot

Spintzel fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Jul 9, 2015

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

vyst posted:

A case study for better meal plans

Isn't receiving food gifts a violation, did the NCAA violate itself by providing paper confetti

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Mike_V posted:

The Rams selected that Clemson tackle who left the team for "family reasons" in the supplemental draft. Is he going to pan out to be a pretty good NFL player?

He will once weed is legal

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Wow this whole FSU thing is terrible, thank goodness none of these players are Heisman candidates who I dunno maybe battered women with his penis

This is kinda like when OJ wrote that book to rub it in that he got away with it

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

It's like they were so tired of being the Clown College that they decided to be Convict College

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

The problem with Nick Saban is that when he talks it is boring. He's an old white dude who has no personality probably because he's from West Virginia

Come at me fan nerds

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Thoguh posted:

Bert just called his bowl win over Texas "borderline erotic" at media days.

Better he gets off from football games than from Arkansas volley ball players

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Michigan had such a horrid turnover margin because their players were largely trash coached by a largely trash coaching staff, hth

I thought they hired Harbaugh this year not last year

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

D.N. Nation posted:

I worked for the Red & Black back in the early 00s. Summer '04, we got all the SEC teams' media guides. Sure enough, Ole Miss had a big ol' 2003 SEC WEST CHAMPIONS on the front of theirs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vqhy5ZHQtk

Sorry, guys. But no.

Devery Henderson, Michael Clayton, AND Nick Saban :allears:

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

D.N. Nation posted:

Georgia the #3 team in the SEC: Yep.
Georgia behind LSU: Nope.

Chubb shall bow down to Fournette :getin:

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Leonard Fournette III is the best football player with the last name of Fournette. Followed by his brother Lanard Fournette and Leonard Fournette 1 and 2

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

Terrifying news for the women of Tallhassee.

:vince:

Somewhere a lawyer defending a rapist is releasing your name on Twitter to the general public so FSU fans can hunt you down

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Sales of this beer are higher than ever possibly expected. Just a friendly reminder that Penn State and its fans should be murdered

That's weird since minors can't buy beer

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Every year put every team into a random number generator and fill out equal number of teams into random conferences. Winner of each new random team conference goes into playoffs. That way everyone can play everyone forever

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

So what I'm understanding is that the SEC won't change because old Bama fans will cry when they don't get to play their "rivals" every year

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Frinkahedron posted:

Reminder: Wake Forest has won the ACC more recently than Miami.

Miami has never won the ACC

Georgia Tech and Tulane have won the SEC more recently than Mississippi State

Also Georgia Tech has like 5 SEC Championships

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Kiffin is going to Tennessee after Butch has another crap season

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Alabama has never won a post season game with Lane on their staff

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

How was Kevin Steele at Clemson? Was he a poster boy for Clemsoning? Hopefully our lord and savior Coach O shall save us if the defense begins to slip at LSU

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Warbird posted:

So a cupcake school that isn't Tennessee then? :ocelot:
People tend to be a little less drunk and fight-y for the Vols. The corndoggers make things a hell of an interesting time when they show up though.

Lmao Alabama fans talk about other SEC fans as if they're the ones who poison trees and put their scrotums on people

Edit: to be fair though as an LSU fan it's been a while since I've been sober at a football game so there is some truth to the rowdiness

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Tulane get good again or at least decent enough to beat Louisiana-Lafayette. Also you guys were dumb to leave the SEC. Also gently caress you guys for that time you tried to steal our tiger. Also congrats on the new stadium

Bring back the Battle for the Tiger Rag

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Grayly Squirrel posted:

Fix'd that for you.

You guys lost the right to call it the Victory Flag after you burned it :colbert:

Also so much of LSU's traditions are revolved around our rivalry with Tulane. LSU used the colors blue and white for the longest time. And then changed them on a whim one day because it was easier to find Mardi Gras colors and Tulane already had green so we grabbed the rest.

I'd love to see a competitive rivalry between LSU and Tulane again.

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Spacebump posted:

Are there any old stories of some students trying to steal a dangerous mascot and being killed?

Not that I can think of but Texas AM students killed themselves making a bonfire which is pretty stupid

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Are all the "hacks" just them posting buzzfeed rip off click bait articles. Are Ohio State fans really that lame

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Seeing this kid's tweets reminds me how easy it is when you're a student athlete. No way he got into a selective school like Texas on his academics

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

I hope that Michigan continues to suck. And I hope that the sucky Michigan beats Ohio State just like your 2015 National Champions Virginia Tech

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

seiferguy posted:

A friend of mine on facebook is having a massive meltdown over Vernon Adams transferring to Oregon as a grad student.

"If Vernon Adams is a Grad Student at Oregon, I should be able to get my PhD there this weekend." What? Is Adams a total dumbass?

He very well might be. But so are most college football players

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Korranus posted:

He'll show up in a tower just outside DC eventually

I laughed

Also he went to UNLV so there is a New Vegas joke somewhere in there

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Spiritus Nox posted:

Baylor had their first closed scrimmage of the fall today. Main takeaways are that Seth Russell absolutely shredded the second string (probably) defense after the first-stringers kept him bottled up a few days ago at the open practice last weekend, starting 9-9 and eventually getting up to 17-21 for 233 yards and 3 TDs. No turnovers, which is good to see after seeing some genuine reason for concern regarding his decision making in the past. Tight Ends and RBs also combined for 6 pass catches, 3 of which and a touchdown went to co-starting TE Tre'von Armstead. That's a lot more checkdowns than Briles offenses are used to running, so an interesting takeaway there. Defensively, a few freshmen look like they might push for early playing time, Taion Sells is really chasing the starting safties, Taylor Young is looking Real Good, and Ryan Reid led the D in pass breakups with 3, which I like.

I also graduated from Baylor today, hooray

Congrats on the diploma! :)

Seth Russell sounds like he's going to have one hell of a season. It's going to be very interesting to see him vs Boykin as the season progresses

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Thermos H Christ posted:

Welp, Texas is suddenly in trouble at the TE position. Andrew Beck is out indefinitely with an unspecified knee injury and now Blake Whitely just tore his ACL, so his season is done. Right now we have a true freshman (Deandre McNeal) and a hastily converted WR of no particular note (Garrett Gray). There's another true freshman (Devonaire Clarington) who needs to score 12 or higher on the ACT next week to be eligible for the fall semester.

When I applied to go to school at UT years ago, my ACT of like 30 wasn't good enough to get good out of state scholarships. I believe the average ACT score for in state acceptance is like 28. So 12 for a football student makes sense because they'll skew it and claim being a student athlete makes it much harder to get high grades in college

But getting lower than a 12 on the ACT is borderline mental retard

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Holy poo poo

That's some hosed up poo poo. I hope that douche gets locked up forever.

And I hope Baylor gets serious repercussions for this

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Anals of History posted:

In lighter news about unethical behavior in higher education settings:

Top 10 .edu names represented in Ashley Madison registrations
Rank University # of Accounts
1. Michigan State University 696
2. Pennsylvania State University 679
3. Kent State University 653
4. Virginia Tech 561
5. Ivy Tech Community College 560
6. Virginia Community Colleges 541
7. Ohio State University 487
8. University of Minnesota 485
9. University of Michigan 450
10. New York University 438

Go Green :toot:

e: vv We're the SEC of unhappiness and unrealized dreams

Seeing Penn State up there is just the icing on the cake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Frackie Robinson posted:

Let's not kid ourselves, if Baylor and Notre Dame's scandals set the bar, then this list should probably be about 60 deep.

Are you an Anne Frank Fan Fic alt account or..?

• Locked thread