Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

vyst posted:

I'm forced to like Winston since unfortunately my team is going to draft him. I don't want to like it but I'm tired of my team sucking

the post/avatar combo is fantastic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

wheez the roux posted:

browns stole mayle. two cougs are going to cleveland to die :smith:

then i was sad when halliday wasn't drafted, and the final gutpunch was getting picked up by loving washington as an udfa :smithicide:

literally send him anywhere else even loving pittsburgh or SF god damnit

halliday will be the savior of the potatoskins

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
After watching some Green-Beckham footage, I have to ask who is the lovely qb who couldn't hit him in stride?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Grittybeard posted:

Or James Franklin, neither is all that great. Franklin was better than Mauk has been so far.

I was so hopeful for Mauk for reasons I can't really remember (it was those jump balls that DGB went up and got).

Mizzou needs a new qb if those two guys are still on the roster just saying

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Alouicious posted:

hutson mason cannot throw a football reliably down field further than 10 yards, his arm isn't even a noodle it is hamburger helper

hamburger helper arm needs to became a proper football term

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

LARGE THE HEAD posted:

Not sure about his football acumen but he's an outstanding wrestler. Usually that is thought to translate well into football performance It almost never does

kelly gregg disagrees

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

D.N. Nation posted:

You do that. Enjoy watching those games. I dare you.

if mizzou has a brad smith/chase daniels like qb they are quite enjoyable to watch

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

And the chaotic paradise that was 2007 (I'm just using the week 14 results, so WVU hadn't yet lost to Pitt :laugh:).

1. Missouri vs 8. USC
2. West Virginia vs 7. LSU
3. Ohio State vs 6. Virginia Tech
4. Georgia vs 5. Kansas

Let's be honest, 2007 would've been the best year for an 8-team playoff.

:captainpop:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
i remember kansas having that 1 great year but still seeing it actually happen and not my imagination is still shocking

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
who are the teams that people without a team should be watching this year?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Frackie Robinson posted:

I feel like TCU is due for a bad break

a bad break like not getting to play in the playoffs?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
the only reason to watch ou is to see them lose so you can rub it in to all the ou fans

if you know any in real life ou fans i highly recommend doing that

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

anne frank fanfic posted:

i got 27 used bikes and leather jackets for sale in waco if anyone wants them

lmbo

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I'm just happy I don't have to watch him play under Brian Schottenheimer.

Reminder that a school looked at Brian Schottenheimer and thought "this dude is offensive coordinator material for sure"

I'm sorry

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
has virginia tech had a competent qb since vick?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Crotch Bat posted:

Randall was ACC POTY and Marcus Vick, fuckup he was, was still a good QB. Tyrod was good as a junior and fantastic as a senior. Thomas was a monster his first year when he was surrounded by talent before everyone left and he started to shoulder the entire team and just crumbled in on himself.

VT's had good QB play since Vick.

e: of all 5 of those seasons I mentioned 4 resulted in a BCS bowl appearance and 3 ACC titles. Good QB play goes a long way at VT when you have Bud Foster prepping the other side of the ball.

huh i guess it just seemed like forever since vt has had a good qb

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Ungratek posted:

I really liked when he went over 3 years without winning a November conference game.

how is that possible

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Crotch Bat posted:

He meant October but it wasn't 3 full years. He lost them all in 2012 and 2013 but won one in 2014 to stand at 1-9 in his last 10 October games.

:stare: the athletic director needs to get fired more not firing him

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Jeremor posted:

Just about the only thing I know about Connor Mitch is that he threw 63 TD's and zero interceptions his senior year of high school. I prefer to live in bliss until the inevitable moment Spurrier yanks him after throwing 5 interceptions.

That is really impressive

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Sash! posted:

I'm one of the squarest people to have ever lived and even I think losing future home games as a punishment for rushing a field is super lame

Are you spongebob?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Raku posted:

Landon Collins's mother is selling his finalist awards for the Jim Thorpe Award, Nagurski, all other football awards, and high school diploma. All for her new "Momma Knows Best" foundation that's supposed to "help parents deal with the nightmare of recruiting."

Stay in New York, Landon, and never go back to Louisiana.

That's messed up.

Who sells/buys someone else's high school diploma?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

AsInHowe posted:

UAB football is coming back.

Announcement at 4 pm today, according to Birmingham's Fox affiliate.

Don't you lie to me

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

KKKLIP ART posted:

UAB gonna win the natty

UAB vs SMU national championship who says no

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Crotch Bat posted:

This is honestly why I don't buy into GT this year. Your schedule includes ND, UGA, FSU, Clemson, and VT(including because it's going to be the best D you face) and while Thomas seems poised for greatness, you have drat near nothing to support him. Eventually you're going to face defenses that shut him down or he's going to have bad games and there's not going to be anyone there to pick up the slack, which is something GT has always had when they have good seasons.

in those situations GT will unleash its secret weapon... the forward pass

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Scarf posted:

Williams Brice is terrifying. Not because of the noise, or the crowd... But because you can feel the entire upperdeck swaying due to it sitting on lovely concrete pillars.

Clemson pre-expansion:

Post-expansion:

that pre-expansion looks terrifying

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

VDay posted:

Yeah probably. This incredibly complicated, sophisticated, and modern re-design cost UCLA $90k.

You may be shocked to learn that some people weren't super impressed with that little piece of business.

It cost 90K to go into PowerPoint set the background to blue and type ucla lmbo

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
So who is playing mizzou in the sec championship game this year? Bama?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Thread too quiet (and too nice) lately. Here's a list:

Athlon 2015 Head Coach Rankings

Let's rip into this list, then rip into each other for our opinions. I'll start: Jim Harbaugh is a cool coach, but ranking him at #4 nationally is loving stupid at this point.

briles over snyder :psyduck:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
How do you get a 10 on the act? Did this player not fill in any answers

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Alouicious posted:

C-USA is better than other mid-majors, like the AAC or the Big ten

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Why would kansas go to the big ten?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Sash! posted:

Look, VT, just join the SEC if you're ever asked and accept your fate as TAMU's rival and playing Tennessee for ownership of Bristol every year until the end of time.

I mean we ALL put you in the SEC in NCAA Football 2011.

You just reminded me that ncaa football is no more :smith:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Raku posted:

Alabama's 2017 Noncon schedule:

FSU
Colorado State
Fresno State

gently caress yeah, all three games worth actually attending. As in "Saban will probably have retired so we stand at least a small chance of losing all three"

Is Saban thinking about retirement?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

JesustheDarkLord posted:

Favored over Oklahoma gently caress yeah

#VFL

Is there a real good chance of Tennessee winning? Because ou losing is the best possible outcome of all games not texas

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Raku posted:

tfw Dark Knight Rises is on and you get mad because Bane stopped the football

But one of the teams is the Steelers so bane is actually doing a good thing

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Sash! posted:

I have my doubts that Indiana will ever win the conference again.

I mean, I doubt Purdue will too, but geez Indiana you haven't won since 1967.

That is what ncaa football is for

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Grittybeard posted:

Be glad you didn't have to go through Kansas. Seriously.

Even people who like Kansas hate driving through Kansas.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

siriuslysomething posted:

Vaguely related to driving chat, next week I'm moving the rest of my fiancée's stuff out from Southern California to Chicago. Any places really worth stopping along the way (for food or things to see or whatever)? We are trying to space it out so we don't get burned out driving but still want to make decent time.

Depends if you're taking route 66 the whole way or not

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Sir Plus posted:

Evidently, Harbaugh tweeted this out after the interview and deleted it soon after:

"Stay Classy Colin Cowherd. You are absolute and complete trash. Your kids would never play for me. #nointegrity #ColinCOWARD"

Harbaugh crying in his pillow tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Sash! posted:

I recommend Interstate 95 North, which will take you out of Florida.

• Locked thread