Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Teague was a steal, and was in talks to be traded for Brandon Jennings to the Bucks for some stupid reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Not sure what big will be on the market this year that plays as competently as collison at that cost.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Head 2 Head never loving matters. Let me tell you the head2head record of the 2 healthy year rose years vs. the Lebron heat and how much that mattered

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Tokyo Sex Whale posted:

They're on pace for like 68 wins and haven't as far as I know changed their roster significantly from before the season. What's the most generous preseason prediction you can find?

Super game changer Thabo Sefolosha

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The only thing I wish is a fully ready roster for the playoffs, always hate what-ifs like a lot of Thunder runs with injured players or that one time Zbo got suspended because he elbowed Steven Adam's face.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Can Detroit afford to keep Monroe? I don't know how the Josh Smith contract affects the cap going forward but didn't they lose Monroe's bird rights by giving him the QO?

No, whatever team that trades for him loses his bird rights. That's what gives Monroe power in negotiations until the offseason.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Norris Cole inducted into dumbest turnovers Hall of Fame

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seVaRfDua54

Rivaling Corey Maggette

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxhJvgKNUCI

And one of a few Lamar Odomisms

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQtRXQpZHHg

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

When's the last time a new coach was hired midseason? Never?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

WhyteRyce posted:

D'Antoni!!!!

Oh, right. I dunno how I forgot the Dwightmare

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

It's not like they missed out on anyone with those draft picks.

Like...is there anyone in this rookie class outside the top 3 that is doing good?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

chunkles posted:

I don't really like the Heat comp though because they were a top 10 offense and defense that season, they just needed to retool the offense around motion and small ball. Mozgov helps the Cavs but I don't see what moves they can make to be competitive with the West.

Easy, it's called staying healthy because apparently the West is slowly dying to injuries outside of Golden State and that has the usual ticking bomb of Bogut/Curry.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

TheFallenEvincar posted:

Adam Silver moved the Wolves to the East and the Wizards to the West to help conference balance. per wojjjjj :pseudo:

Cavs and Hawks now a Western conference team, the NBA now only has 17 teams.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

MourningView posted:

Yeah outside of Wade they have absolutely nothing on the wing, I don't know if them being bad has much to do with Whiteside. They lost all their shooting in the offseason and LeBron did a lot to mask their point guard issues.

Is Deng really that bad?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

chunkles posted:

Good god, that's Derek Fisher money. What has George Karl done to deserve that

I think that's standard coach money now, just like how the average cost of a player has gone up over the years.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

chunkles posted:

How much money does KJ get?

https://vine.co/v/OUDXj07qhwA

Already better than anything at the dunk contest.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

So like I said, the East stand a chance against the West because everyone is dying by the time the playoffs happen.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Dion Waiters plays defense?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Both the Spurs and Bulls make back-up PGs look like gods at times, but unlike the Bulls PG, Spurs PG always get bigger checks and bigger salary sinkholes after their tenure.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I can't believe we would be having a legit argument on whether Brandon Knight or Kevin Love should get in the all-star spot. Talk about this 2 years ago.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

If you could guarantee Lebron James, Kevin Durant, Stephan Curry, etc. to have 0/0/0 stats for the whole game, every team would give at least the rookie max that guy, no question.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Strawberry Panda posted:

Does Korver deserve the max?

I question if even Billy King would give a 33 year old Kyle Korver 25 million annually.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

MourningView posted:

Apparently the rest of the league disagrees given how difficult it has been for them to find a taker. And if he's starting at center for a team that team is probably really loving bad.

It's not like Utah didn't give him a chance. They invested a high draft pick in him, gave him a bunch of minutes, and tried to make the Favors/Kanter thing work. The starting job was his to lose and he lost it. They're moving on because he hasn't been very good.

Hard to find a taker in general, or hard to find someone to part a 1st rounder with for a guy that's expiring?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I thought Casey's main reputation coming in as a coach was he at least was a defensive minded guy.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

What happened to the Wizards, were there some major injuries or something?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Snell going from garbage poo poo to actual NBA player in less than a month is very confusing.

I still miss Bellinelli though. Dunleavy's too injury-prone for my taste.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

kiimo posted:

I think you mean saving college basketball.

Are they finally lowering the shot clock

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

jesus christ, I forgot the shot clock was 35 seconds

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Timothy Mosgov and JR Smith are Game Changers unironically

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Man, I really don't like it when a player's career goes into a slow fall like Amare did. If it's going to end, let it end a year or two, not 4+ years like STAT's.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Lockback posted:

PG is so deep in the NBA, its getting hard to determine value. The Kings essentially trading IT to pay Dragic twice as much would be pretty funny though.

You are splitting up the Morris twins, you monster! Also, didn't the Suns basically offer both of them one contract?

The gm gave them a total sum and told them to split it themselves.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Some gms dont like super short pgs like lawson and IT

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Weird to think that the Mavs dodged a bullet by not getting Deron Williams, ended up with a "side" prize in Monta Ellis, and still get Tyson Chandler back with Rondo.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

If you're like me 5 minutes ago, there's a trade deadline thread and EVERYONE IS BLOWING UP

They are more game-breeaking trades today than the past 5 years combined

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Someone of Isaiah Thomas's contract and stats over his career should not be traded as much and for so little like a filler deal. It's so sad.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Perkins is good on a team that has no other Bigs bodies to steal from, and possibly Cavs having a euro coach is immune to the wily temptations of Perkins.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

nachos posted:

All signs point to the Heat resigning Dragic so at least we'll see plenty of Dragic and Bosh for the next few years. Hopefully Dragic/Whiteside and the occasional healthy Wade is enough to stay in the playoffs.

This race somehow gets sadder every year.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I think contract year Dragic is enough to make the playoffs because the East is only going to get worse as the season goes on, and they're the only bottom seed team that has no reason to make the lottery (because Riley doesn't believe in the draft).

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Bulls have historically been meh after the all-star break under Thibs. I still remember that terrible loss to the Raptors back in the 1st year when Bargs destroyed us. Then we beat the Heat the very next day somehow. They're always rusty.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The MVP is going to be Curry because the Warriors are the best record in the NBA and there's an actual superstar for sports writers to latch onto, unlike the Spurs in recent years.

The only way Harden wins MVP is if Houston at least takes the 2 seed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

It's going to be Curry, there's a difference between who "should" win and who will win based on decades of how sports writers vote on these things.

Anthony Davis isn't sniffing the top 3 votes for MVP. He could have the greatest season ever outside of Wilt and it doesn't matter because his team isn't even in the playoffs.

• Locked thread