Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

i watch 10-20+ hours of youtube a week and haven't seen an ad that wasn't an in-video sponsored product placement in years

get an adblocker lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

neato, but Ragusea's recent Audible ad on his video about palm oil was actually relevant to the video for once so it's a land of contrasts

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Tiggum

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

oldpainless posted:

Beyond is better than impossible
Yeah, it's obviously still trash food but the Beyond Whopper is indistinguishable from a regular one unless you're trying both at the same time for comparison. And I've done that, there's really only a slight texture difference

/e oh wait BK uses Impossible. Hmmm

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Tiggum posted:

Why do people keep trying to defend fake meats by saying they taste exactly the same as lovely fast food? That is not making the point you think it is.

Did you miss the first 6 words somehow

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

FFT posted:

Tiggum

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

yeah I eat rear end posted:

The term "slide deck". It's just a powerpoint presentation.
Yeah, but "powerpoint" is trademarked or copyrighted or whatever.

Would you like an adhesive strip for your minor injury?

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Such Fun posted:

Projecting human experiences onto non-human entities is called anthropomorphism.
It can also be called "pathetic" lmao

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Clever Hans for the TikTok Crew

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

docbeard posted:

Savor this moment friends, for in this unheard-of time, Tiggum was 100% correct about something.
The most annoying thing about Tiggum is that every now and then he rolls a 1 and has a correct take.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

redundancy

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Related, I have absolutely taken all the steps to prevent Windows 10 from restarting on its own.

It still does it about once a week, even when I've got a notepad.exe open with unsaved text in it specifically to halt restarts.

gently caress yooooooouuuuuuuu

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

And blue LEDs on everything, too.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Silver Falcon posted:

Why not just... make a double batch so you use up the whole can?
Indeed, why not? What's stopping you?

Silver Falcon posted:

Why not just... make a double batch so you use up the whole can? Which is what I end up doing, usually, but why make the recipe have those weird quantities in the first place?
Oh, you do.

You could just throw the other halves in a freezer for next time, or you could quadruple everything to serve even more people.

Seems like you'd complain that it'd make too many servings if the recipe used the whole can/pepper too tbh

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

and i was wearing JNCOs and a wallet chain, which was the style at the time,

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

HOLY gently caress posted:

how many wallet-chain and JNCO-related accidents were there, do you think?
Lots, I assume, especially when crowd surfing was a big thing.

cryptocurrency has thoroughly hosed searching for/about wallet chains though

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

How often are you even seeing this?

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

At least you admitted it was an irrational pet peeve up front lol

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Brawnfire posted:

Sign up with our service and once a week we will lob a diseased cattle carcass over your castle walls
I get a castle out of the deal? Sold.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Tiggum posted:

When people make a sandwich by putting ingredients on both pieces of bread instead of piling everything on one piece of bread. So they can't just sit the second piece of bread on top, they've got to carefully flip it to try to stop anything falling out.

I don't know if anyone is insane enough to do that in real life, but it's incredibly common in cooking/food videos.
I just did it a few hours ago. It's really not all that difficult.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Shibawanko posted:

korean restaurants that have a soul/seoul pun in their name
I've seen two "Pho King" restaurants. One was in Vegas, don't remember where the other one was.

I'll never fault restaurants catering to simple people to get the numbers up. Especially when it's good food and a decent pun.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Brawnfire posted:

No, I mean every time they request something, they words they choose to do so make me want to reflexively refuse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fy3rjQGc6lA

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

I've got a couple of friends that go "haaaa?" instead of "huh?" or "didn't quite catch that" and it grates

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

FreudianSlippers posted:

I put a line through the Z because I read a video game manual a kid where "Zombie" was written with a line through the Z, something I had never seen before, and I thought it looked cool.
The gently caress happened there?

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Pretty much my entire family pronounces Whataburger (whose ads emphasize their name as What - A - Burger) as "Werderberger"

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Dip Viscous posted:

FedEx has been sending a package back and forth between different towns in Indiana and Kentucky since July. Its origin and destination are both in Iowa. It's so low value that it's not worth trying to get it straightened out, but HOW??
Living in Hawaii, once had a package miss and end up in Guam. That was pretty entertaining tbh

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Tiggum posted:

Nope. PC games should be playable with keyboard and mouse. That's the control scheme for that system. And not having fully customisable controls on any system in a game released in the 21st century is loving ridiculous. And if you can't make your game work properly on PC with PC controls, don't sell it you're incompetent.
I played GTA Online and Rocket League for years with KB+M only.

I was an idiot.

Don't be like me.

Or at least be like me after I remembered that analog controls can be cool and good and stopped playing exclusively KB+M

stringless has a new favorite as of 09:30 on Nov 25, 2021

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Was gonna say "oh, so it's just another form of 'dilly-dally'?" but apparently it came first.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Tiggum posted:

Americans insisting that their weird version of English is the default.
where do you think the word "barbecue" comes from

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

and where did the Taino live?

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

that the US usage is, in fact, the default

obviously

sorry if somehow that wasn't clear

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Just gonna put my roast under the grill, like a maniac

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

On the one hand, that strikes me as the voice of someone that's trying to make sure they're not interrupted by making it very clear that they're still speaking. If it wasn't weird pacing it would probably be a whole bunch of "um" and "uh" instead which can be far more distracting.

But she's doing that vocal fry thing at the end of some of her phrases which bothers me more.

It's also had gaps edited out.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

I'm so confused.

You'd prefer the default to be to have to mentally translate any in-game prompts for B/A to Y/B?

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

I mean, okay, but they're B (yellow, and the button on NES used to attack) and A (red, and the button used on NES to jump)

Like sure, conventions changed between the NES and the SNES, but you're still going to be expected to use B and A as B and A

If you got one of those cartridge adapters that let you play NES or Gameboy games on SNES it's gonna use B and A because those are the buttons for those systems

"you're telling me i finally got used to having four main buttons and it's only the standard for one of the top three consoles, of which one flips them and the other just uses shapes!?!?!?"

stringless has a new favorite as of 11:27 on Jan 5, 2022

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Yeah, that's why when I started playing Forza Horizon 5 it took a little while to adapt from GTA Online controls (RB is the GTA handbrake/FH5 camera switcher}

Oh no, different controls! Like just put your thumb over the correct buttons for the console you're trying to play, drat

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

yeah I eat rear end posted:

My peeve is that we haven't come up with a way to make real butter easily spreadable on the toast without microwaving it. Genetically modify a cow to put olive oil or whatever into their butter excretions so we can spread it on the toast straight from the refrigerator.
I've highlighted the issue

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Imagined posted:

When someone has the exact Twitter handle you want and they have one tweet from 8 years ago.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

You should be able to register username7 or whatever and usurp the original username if you get more likes over a certain amount of time than anyone else using usernameX
hello, I wish either common interpretation of my username had been on my mind when I chose it in like 2001, well before I finally got around to registering here

stringless has a new favorite as of 17:16 on Jan 23, 2022

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

HOLY gently caress posted:

My pet peeve is that the handle for the shower/bath tap is stupidly shaped with a small gap between the temperature part and the part that turns the water on so if you get it at the wrong angle you can easily smash your finger in the gap when trying to turn the water on.
My shower handle operates the pressure, and it has a dial thing on it for adjusting temperature. It's fantastic! Unfortunately the thing that's supposd to stop the drain doesn't work and I've been too lazy to get one of those flat silicone drain cover things so I can't take a bath if I want to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Google's calendar web notifications bring up a little dialog acknowledging that something's happening in 10 minutes or whatever.

You can't click anything on the page until you dismiss that little window.