Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Tiggum posted:

Spam isn't scary, it's just incredibly bland and very salty.

Bland is never a word I've heard used to describe Spam.

I do like a bit of spam from time to time, once or twice a year. Nostalgia, mostly, but I do enjoy it. I think it is quite a strong flavor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

empty sea posted:

Pineapple on pizza is ok, it's that goddamn nasty ham that ruins it. Ham on pizza is an abomination.

Indeed. Pineapple and bacon is the superior pizza.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

PCOS Bill posted:

Well done is the only proper steak.

As if we needed further proof that you were a shameless troll.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Turfahurf posted:

I remember going to a restaurant with my family in the mid 90s when I was a kid and my dad actually had to sign a waiver for us to get our steaks rare.

**WARNING EATING RAW OR UNDERCOOKED MEAT MAY BE DELICIOUS YOU loving COWARD

***THAT IS NOT BLOOD COMING OUT OF THE STEAK JESUS CHRIST HAVEN'T YOU EVER SEEN BLOOD BEFORE

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

PCOS Bill posted:

I can't swallow a pelican whole though

It shocks me not at all that you may have tried.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Data Graham posted:

That's fine, but none of those are "pizza".

I'm really the only person who is bothered by this, aren't I. :saddowns:

Sometimes you just crave the simple things, or nostalgic things, or plain bland-ish things.

That giant floppy triangle looks super good to me right now, and I think I might get a NY slice for lunch!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Derek of the Andes posted:

How did the cheese get circular and the tomato square?!?!?!

You're bad at looking at things.

content:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

does this sort of thing let the atoms out?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Pizza solved

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Thanks for the cool food post

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Paladinus posted:

But he degreased the pizza. There's no way it can go bad after degreasing.

Degreasing a pizza is like dehydrating water

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Data Graham posted:

Modern technology has invented a thing called "multiple pizzas"

please elaborate

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Dabir posted:

You're not supposed to spread it thick enough to taste it, it's the glue that sticks your sandwich-filling to the bread.

Add fat you can't even taste because your weak rear end grip can't hold a sandwich together

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Dabir posted:

What is a metaphor?

I'm not surprised you had to ask, considering

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Could be lovely industrial croutons

Jesus it's like people kibbles. This is nearly the worst thing in the thread

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
The other atrocities in your post can be laughed at and forgiven, but this appears to have been served in a restaurant. BOO

(shame too because the pizza underneath the hot sauce, chewed and spit out steak gristle on the side of your plate, and worst kind of macaroni looks pretty good)

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
If you had had the right kind of brownies, you may have felt differently

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

exquisite tea posted:

I only put hot sauce on certain cuts, like for example a nice well-done filet.

Bait not taken, but 7/10 for authenticity

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

What's the problem here? Looks like a natural harvest to me.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Is there a specific time of day I'm supposed to eat this?
4:21

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

OctoberBlues posted:

I remember whenever my mother made spaghetti with red sauce/meat I would refuse to eat it and insisted on plain noodles with butter and parmesan cheese. I still think I made the right choice.

I also make this post in its entirety. I still don't like most red sauces or ground meat with pasta.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Aesop Poprock posted:

Really the only thing subway are scrooge about is meat, and you'll get like three paper thin slices of turkey hidden under an Easter - basket grass looking amount of lettuce

I have had bad experiences in multiple subways with olives. If I got a chicken bacon ranch or an italian sub I would ask for olives, and they would put like five slices of black olives on, essentially about one whole olive. I prefer my sandwich to be relatively homogenous and don't want each bite to be a mystery flavor adventure. Olive or no olive? Plus, especially on the chicken bacon ranch, olives were the only veggie I got other than lettuce, so it's not like I was destroying their budget or something. It just looked ridiculous anyhow, I'd have been embarrassed to do it if I worked there. I'd ask for a bit more, and get maybe three more slices and then be told I can get more but they'd charge extra.

I actually haven't had this problem in the last couple years, and I started saying stuff like "a small amount of lettuce and a lot of black olives" and I usually get a lot of black olives! yay! Maybe they changed their policy.

It's still usually a struggle to get more than one napkin, though.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Tiggum posted:

You're saying that in America no one eats spaghetti with any other type of sauce? :stare:

Not really, just that one is the default type and assumed if you just say spaghetti.

That being said, other sauces are sort of culturally paired with other shapes of pasta, like clam sauce with linguini or alfredo with fettuccine.

If you were having spaghetti carbonara, you would say so, but if you just say spaghetti, the assumption is a tomato sauce.

Similarly, you can say "cheese" or "plain" pizza, or even just pizza, and the default is knowing that you mean bread with both and only tomato sauce and cheese on it. I'm sure there are similar things elsewhere.

That being said, I don't really like red sauce on my spaghetti, so I often eat it with garlic and butter or olive oil, or make a carbonara or clam sauce. I'd still say I'm "having spaghetti" for dinner, but if I was invited to somone's house for "spaghetti I could easily assume a tomato sauce (possibly with meat or veg) and be correct 99.99% of the time.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Alter Ego posted:

drat, I've been to the Big E a zillion times and never noticed this among all the onion blossom and twice-fried Oreo stands.

I've been out of New England for over a decade and I really miss the Big E

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I make carbonara frequently but I usually add shrimp and use bacon and also fresh grated parm with my egg. Last time I accidentally grabbed linguini instead of spaghetti and didn't realize until it was already cooked, but I didn't throw it away and burn down my kitchen and kill myself, instead I threw caution to the wind and ate it and it was still delicious. Some people must be too serious about their carbonara rules.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

hackbunny posted:

Would you call a pizza with pepperoni, pineapple and fries a pepperoni pizza? Add mushrooms, or cream, or loving broccoli :confused: to carbonara: it's no longer carbonara

(I am, in fact, from Italy)

See, I would say that I made "carbonara with shrimp" which would still be accurate.

(Being from Italy doesn't make you a prescriptive language pasta god fyi)

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Aesop Poprock posted:

Homemade fudge spluts

My favorite new term

Also I snorted out a laugh like some kind of dork that would read a thread about bad looking food on the internet

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Something from each of the five major brown groups. I don't see the problem. :colbert:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

I heart bacon posted:

imitation krabŪ

how deep does this go?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
There is a loving eight inch high cake in the center of that pizza. The box lid he is holding is like two inches tall. This is stupid.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

snergle posted:

its alright if you like coleslaw

and yellow mustard :barf:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Chicken Skin Ho Chi Minh

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Solice Kirsk posted:

Acceptable white people snacks are .... anything that contains jelly.

Judging from my experiences, adding jelly to things that do not (should not?) contain jelly is a non-white people snack. In fact, in one case I've only seen black people in the south do it.

Order any breakfast sandwich at McDonalds in the south: "Grape jelly with that?" "umm, what? No."

I actually tried it once on a bite to see what the deal was, and it tasted like jelly where jelly doesn't belong. To each his own, I guess.

Any jelly-on-savory-breakfast-sandwich people itt care to explain?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Tiggum posted:

Some people seem to have an irrational disgust for mixing sweet and savoury things, but it's actually really good. Pineapple on pizza, for example. Or toast with jam and cheese. Or a ham and apple sandwich.

Meh, I like honey with fried chicken and pineapple on pizza (with bacon > with ham). It's not really the sweet/savory thing I don't get as much as that grape jelly has a really strong flavor that doesn't seem to go with sausage or chicken or bacon to me. It is way stronger than apple slices with ham. As I said, to each his own. It's probably an acquired taste/ something people grew up doing.

I also don't like cheese and syrup together, but they actually serve mcgriddles with cheese on them. I haven't ordered one for years, but I would always get it without the cheese.

I realize it's just a subjective taste thing, rather than a "this is objectively gross" thing

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
These things all sound yummy. In my defence, there is a big difference between "fresh fruit and brie on a crostini" and "packet of mcdonald's grape flavored jelly substitute and american cheese food product on a burnt (and yet somehow still damp) english muffin"

El Estrago Bonito posted:

The pinnacle of this is of course Chicken and Waffles.

I can't disagree there.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I don't really like stupid "Artistic" presentations that are supposed to make food look fancy but in actuality make it harder to eat, so I don't support a half pineapple as a plate. That does qualify it for the thread in my opinion.

That being said, the food looks delicious and I want to eat it and it is not photographed badly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

left_unattended posted:

Excuse you, licorice allsorts do NOT belong in lolly cake :colbert:.

Because they belong in the garbage in your elderly grandparents' house when you are cleaning it out after they've died

• Locked thread