Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
So with Ted's announcement and the others soon to follow, when will GOP primary season officially be in full swing, May? June?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

duz posted:

Not linking to the full post in the March thread since it's locked and won't let me, but re: this

It's the usual thing of the city/state wanting taxi companies to follow the law, but with the added twist of the banks pressuring the politicians to enforce the law for $$$ reasons and Uber spamming out a form letter for its users. This is the response a tired intern makes to one of those form letters, nothing malicious.

On one hand that reply is terrible.

On the other hand Uber should be burned to the loving ground along with AirBnB and the rest of the parasite sharing industry. The proper response from the guy would've just been to remind the lady that uber is a goddan parasite and acts largely unregulated, much like Paypal, and will happily gently caress you (and their own employees independent contractors) like Paypal.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

JT Jag posted:

What chance at the presidency do they have now? Small share of the youth and women vote, almost no share of the minority vote, aging voterbase. Their current strategy is doomed to oblivion.

Considering the nationwide vote suppression stuff they started in the last election and are going to have ramped up for 2016? Pretty decent. Even Virginia's shithead governor was going to sign on to the program that does the "if your name shows up elsewhere you get stricken from voter rolls" thing. Apply that program in the states held by the GOP and it'd be very possible for a Republican to win in 2016 through suppression.

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Loretta Lynch was due to be confirmed in a 50-50 vote with Biden deciding. This now means Lynch will not be confirmed 49-50.

That means that we get to keep Eric holder so the GOP gets to deal with a guy they hate more than Lynch, all because they're petty assholes. Holder has stated he's fine with remaining as long as the nomination process takes and I imagine as soon as he realize the GOP weren't going to rush to be rid of him that he's going to be stuck there until 2017.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Business Gorillas posted:

I'm in Cleveland right now and I'm looking forward to our ample amount of probably okay to drink water being a big deal in the coming decades.

Now you may be saying to yourself "Well, Business Gorillas, your lovely water was on fire not too long ago". Well, thanks to outsourcing, almost all of the steel plants that contributed to that minor incident are polluting all they want in China.

I guess you can say that the free market really does work :smug:

The Ohio isn't going to be unfucked at any point in your life unless you're actually a (young) dragon.

Joementum posted:

"Environmental protection is a total joke because these people do nothing. And I'll give you the example and it doesn't sound like much, but as a builder, I build, and I build beautiful places. And I have great success with these places. I go out, and you buy faucets today. No water comes out. Because they have it restricted. So what do you do? You leave the water running five times longer to wash your hands. The shower. You turn on the shower. There's no water. What is it? They have restricters in. You buy 'em with restricters. EPA. So what do you do? You stay in the shower for three times longer than you want to. There's no saving! And it's terrible. And people come over to our country and they say, 'What the hell's wrong with your showers? What's wrong with your water?'" ~ Donald Trump, in New Hampshire last month.

The only people I know who ever asked this question are all Icelanders and they basically have an endless supply of (stinky) hot water so I can't fault them for their fire hose-strength showers.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Fried Chicken posted:

build a nuke plant

You'd have a better chance at getting the GOP to stop trying to poo poo on Obama at all times. The stance against nuclear energy makes me see red and it should be legal to beat any environmentalist who is diehard anti-nuclear. The nuke policy in this country makes me see red.

A Winner is Jew posted:

Why the gently caress would they?

We've literally called up the last country we were at war with, told them exactly what we were going to do and how to do it and then because of how much we spend on our military we won without even really trying. We basically took the main highway to Baghdad with huge neon signs on our tanks saying "come stop up fuckers" and won handily. And I'm not saying this like I have a war boner or anything either... It's terrifying that the US military could basically curb stomp any other nation on earth even if it was being lead by George loving McClellan.

If the only wars were conventional wars, sure. The US has shown it can't handle sustained fighting against guerrilla tactics and we'd go bankrupt long before we could stabilize Iraq. Even if we went full Roman and killed every last person there and then resettled it. Though I'd be willing to chip in money to ship Tea Partiers to the new Iraq colony.

Mauser posted:

Couldn't he also veto the bill or is an authorization different from a law somehow?

Doesn't matter. The President is the absolute and final say on such matters as Commander in Chief.

Dayvan Cowboy posted:

TheBlaze might be wrong about almost everything, but they aren't cartoonish supervillains.

Alternatively, they don't have the balls.

Glenn Beck also has way, way, way loving more to lose by scamming like this. He's many things but he knows his business and he's not going to scam for a couple hundred thousand dollars and risk pissing away millions in the process.

DemeaninDemon posted:

You're an idiot if you didn't see this coming.

Doubly so for anyone expecting the Democrats to call bullshit on them.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Rhesus Pieces posted:

Yeah, they're not going to win this fight. At the end of the day, no matter how much spite cash they rake in from this, they're still going to be known from here on out as the owners of that bigoted Indiana pizza joint that refuses to serve gay weddings. And from what we've seen take place nationwide over the past week, America's patience for that kind of nonsense is finally, thankfully, starting to wear thin.

Sell the location and move to the deep south, buy a nice house, cash, and reopen in some whitebread bible-thumping shithole town and advertise how you had been forced to close and relocate due to liberals persecuting your religion.

I'm good with money and if I had what's likely going to be a million+ windfall (lets say 700k after taxes) that's a nice house, car, any and all debt paid off, and I'd still have several hundred thousand dollars left over (closer to half a million since a nice house for 150k is pretty doable in a lot of places). Plus she'd have any money from selling the Indiana location.

Or spend some of the money renaming and rebranding the place she has, and in a year or less most people won't even realize it's the same location and she'll be hundreds of thousands of dollars richer.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

baw posted:

At this point they cannot afford to lose the Evangelical vote, and those groups built their influence by being vocal. They will not go quietly.

Without some sort of catastrophe the GOP is hosed for presidential elections in the foreseeable future.

They've got it covered, it's called Interstate Crosscheck.
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/10/29/1340115/-GOP-to-Kick-7-Million-from-Voter-Rolls-in-27-States

Doesn't matter if poor/minority population increases when they can't vote.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

The candidate does not understand how rainfall works

"Rainfall, much like businesses I've been in charge of, hit the ground at high impact and then waste away when there's nothing to collect it."

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

PupsOfWar posted:

Heiner, though, is a fatcat Louisville financier.
How can you attack your opponent for being a Louisville fatcat if you are yourself a Louisville fatcat?

Are you honestly asking this question? Because if so you must've just started paying attention to politics. :psyduck:

The GOP will lie and/or ignore the guy's background. Even if the Dem tries to call him out "you're no different from me" isn't going to swap Republican voters.

nachos posted:

Except for the part where he would have gotten away had there been no civilian video. Though I suppose that's a feature not a bug.

And since he used a gun all those fancy Tazer bodycams would've been completely worthless since they only record when the tazer's used. No tazer means no video evidence of you murdering someone. Body cams on at all times? Not on my watch, buddy. :cop:

nutranurse posted:

Is this actually in the books for any other state than IL?

Wouldn't matter, the courts have been pretty consistent on "recording a cop in public is a protected action" and any state with a law on the books is going to lose it once challenged in court.

baw posted:

who exactly were these loving witnesses

Tazer, Glock, Smith and Wesson.

Hitman Manager. Rahm's the kind of guy who tries to look like he'd be able to kill people cleanly but he'd instant shoot himself in the face.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Kalman posted:

That's not how Tazer's bodycams work - they aren't linked to tazers, they're just an additional product from the Tazer company.

(Tazer also makes a tazercam that is mounted with the tazer, but their bodycam line is a straightforward body cam.)

The ones going out right now, including the several thousand orderd by the LAPD, activate when the taser is used.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/01/06/us-usa-california-tasers-idUSKBN0KF26B20150106

Now sure, maybe they could turn them on ahead of time, but then we'd just have more incidents of video being damaged/missing than if they only activate after the taser fires and does the job of cutting out pre-tasing dialogue that could cast the situation in an entirely different light.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

FlamingLiberal posted:

Drudge was one of the first popular right wing news sites. Now there are a billion alternatives.

Drudge is still the Rush Limbaugh of right wing websites. Bretbart's popularity was pretty much entirely due to the guy being close with Drudge and Matt Drudge would constantly link the site. Even when it was a direct copy/paste from AP or elsewhere. He still gets an insane amount of web traffic every month.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Venom Snake posted:

1st. He's an rear end in a top hat if he shoots snakes or kills them :mad:

2nd. Trailer for the MGV:TPP lookin good'

I can understand killing venomous snakes you find around your home if you have pets/children but if it's not deadly* and you kill it you're a loving rear end in a top hat. Does not apply to people who kill a cornsnake because there's copperheads in the area and they didn't/couldn't get close enough to verify which it was.

* Lake Erie water snakes don't count, even though they are the embodiment of evil. The Dirty Jobs episode where Mike has to help collect them is magical. :allears:

achillesforever6 posted:

Yeah my school was hit particularly bad, like for four years other than Latin & humanities/psychology (you can't be an rear end in a top hat when your teacher's name is Mr. Justice) classes most of my peers were complete jagoffs who gave no shits about learning and instead decide to be complete pricks to the hardworking teachers who I could actually relate to and find more meaningful conversations with about life and also shoot the poo poo about stuff.

Also my school kind of has a reputation for being a "thug" school (any Western PA goons would know since I'm talking about Gateway High School) and yeah I saw a couple of fights, including freshmen year when I saw a hulk cave a small guys face in for dating his ex. Hell I got in a fight... though that was more of a kidney punch the guy then lightly sock him in the face and then run to the hills, but still everyone liked me for it since the guy I fought was a douchebag.

What I'm try to say is, basically everything is hosed; my take, history books must be made as objective as possible with all the sugar coating wiped off, the Scarlet Letter should be banned from being taught because holy gently caress that book is awful and boring, and anyone who tries bringing up creationism/climate change denialism will be forced to read stacks of studies proving otherwise until they realize what a moron they are.

I don't remember Gateway being thought of as a Thug School (back in the 90s) but it was generally seen by people as a school where underachievers and/or those who weren't going to get in to a good college, or join the military, went. Your school fights are nothing. In the same year at my school one girl smashed a Snapple bottle on the face of another, and in a different fight a girl had a sizeable clump of hair ripped out of her head. This was at a middle class, mostly white district.

greatn posted:

Witnesses can be conditioned to believe a lot through suggestion. It isn't their fault.

If it's crazy people making poo poo up, like in the Mike Brown shooting, they should fry alongside the murderer cop who they're covering for.

Talmonis posted:

Sounds like accessory to murder to me.

We'll be lucky if the murderer himself actually goes to prison. Cops have far too much undeserved love and protection for accessories to get charged too.

hobbesmaster posted:

A police officer attempted to stop corruption in the 60s NYPD narcotics unit. He was put on point on a high danger raid, as soon as the door was busted down all the other cops left him to be shot.

"Good cops" are probably more afraid of bad cops than you are.

Calling it a raid implies it wasn't actually a setup to kill him, which it was. The cops with him knew what to expect which is why they made sure to leave as he tried to get in the door where someone with a gun just happened to be waiting to shoot him immediately. The cop that did respond later mentioned if they realized who they were helping they'd have let him die instead.

The NYPD is so corrupt that it's beyond believe and it's a shame the feds will never clean house there. The NYPD was even kind enough to show how loving terrible they were when they did their work stoppage poo poo recently and minorities in the city were commenting on how nice it was to not be accosted by (white) cops constantly for no reason.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Everblight posted:

Miami has gays and minorities.

Key West has Parrothead boomers who think drinking maragaritas while lounging on your boat and making sure there's never a whiff of progress so you can continue being a lovely 55-year old account manager wearing a Guy Harvey shirt and not think about how awful it must be not to be white, male and middle-aged.

:ms:

You might want to look closer at some of those clubs in Key West down on main street if you think it's just Parrotheads there.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

whitey delenda est posted:

How does one "use" a bible? Like... to prop up a wobbly table leg, or maybe to kill bugs?

You use it to banish the gay demons from people.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Fix posted:

I know this thing is supposed to suggest progress, but all I see is a move to the right.

Typical goons. Hilary decides to be honest and everyone complains. :v:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Fried Chicken posted:

Sentencing just came down on the Blackwater massacre of Nisoor Square. One got life, the other three got 30 years plus one day

Jesus Christ, reading the wikipedia page on this incident a loving judge originally dismissed all charges because some testimony was given in exchange for immunity? Thank loving God that an appeals court overturned that idiot judge. It's just a shame that Blackwater in its entirety won't be sent to prison.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Venom Snake posted:

Do you really think Hillary will replace Obama's picks for DOJ chief?

Is this a serious question? Are you really asking if the Clinton machine isn't going to clean house and bring in its own people instead? Do you think lots of appointees will get a pass if they aren't part of her circle just because a Dem appointed them?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

AndNowMax posted:

Mark Kirk announced he'd support her, so she's got 5 republican senators who've pledged their support. And if one of them flips there's still one man who can come to her rescue:

Reminder that the GOP hates Holder and they want him gone. She might get in with 50+Biden but it'll be that barest of margins solely to make sure they get rid of holder while being as rear end in a top hat-ish as possible.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

The DoJ needs a bigass expansion where they hire a few thousand people whose sole job is to go full blown :commissar: on police departments when they gently caress around like this.

Also even more reason for this lovely pay-to-be-a-cop guy needs to be taken for everything by the victim's family.

Fried Chicken posted:

The Western Conservative Summit is one of the bigger gatherings of the right, with a bunch of influential people gathering there. Among those scheduled to speak at the upcoming one are Walker, Carson, Santorum, Fiorina, Huckabee, and Perry.

And they just barred the Log Cabin Republicans from attending in the grounds they "advocate contrary to our agenda and our core beliefs" per statement from the summit chairman.

I despair for the rebranding

And the LCR will still all pull the giant R lever when the election rolls around.

zoux posted:

Yes. Stop it. Stop using the extremely good counterpoint that if we're talking about deserving money, that no one in the whole world has ever done anything that would entitle them to the kinds of salaries that CEOs make. That is a good argument and therefore I don't want to hear it.

The dirty secret is that those ultra rich CEOs do gently caress all because pretty much everything has been delegated to other people. Are you so dense as to think a CEO sits there hashing out the details of large deals or mergers? No, the legal team and others do that. Those teams might make as much as the CEO if you combine their salaries, even though they do shitloads more work.

"Work hard and be reward" isn't a good argument because it's factually untrue and the people at the top actively have the rungs cut off the ladder when possible.

g0del posted:

He attempts to raise rent, only to see all his renters leave for other landlords who are willing to undercut him, forcing him to lower his rents in response, until finally an equilibrium is reached which leaves rent at roughly the same price as it was before? Or is Mr. Walsh admitting that the all-powerful free market doesn't actually apply perfectly in all situations? Or maybe he's just implying that all landlords are colluding with each other to keep rents as high as possible.

Landlords and rental companies absolutely collude to some degree and rent always goes up. Even in the meltdown of 2008 the apartment I was renting was going to go up about 7% because ~market demand~ because you know just how well the market was doing when Obama was sworn in ans poo poo was on fire.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

1 down, 49 to go since there will never be a SCOTUS that finds this blatant shakedown to be unconstitutional.

Samurai Sanders posted:

My school lunches literally made McDonalds' look like some gourmet poo poo.

The square pizzas my school served had a greenish tint to the cheese on it. But on Wed/Fri they'd order a few dozen pizzas from Pizza hut and you could pay a little extra for that. It would sell out stupidly fast because it was better than any actual school food.

Except the steak nuggets my elementary school used to serve sometimes. Those were amazing even if they were probably horse or rat meat.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Joementum posted:

Coming this summer from the publishers of the Rand Paul comic book.

Why does he have jizz on his forehead?

chitoryu12 posted:

In what context do these look good? At least to anyone except the GOP?

To the brogramming culture in Silicon Valley those are comedy gold.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Evil_Greven posted:

So, uhh, when did Yahoo News start doing actually honest-to-goodness investigative journalism on its own?

Although, the author has written for the NYT, The Atlantic, and Harper's it's a strange thing to look at Yahoo for actual loving news.

Looking forward to absolutely nothing being done to the NRA whether out of apathy or fear of it being used as a rallying cry (and it would be).

ReidRansom posted:

Mattress Mack is a far better businessman than Donald Trump.

Excuse me but Donald Trump is the American Success Story because he's made money despite going bankrupt multiple times AND he's had a popular reality TV show and that's some high quality TV right there. :patriot:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

JT Jag posted:

Im sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of Obama trying to sell America's nuclear secrets to Communist China

You mean the ones that the Clintons didn't sell to them in the 90s? :freep:

radical meme posted:

More money for Haliburton. How those no bid contracts in Iraq and Afghanistan were never investigated is mind blowing.

"We must look forward, not back."
-Some shithead who became president.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

TheQat posted:

I don't see Clinton following up on any eat-the-rich rhetoric once she's in office. Campaigning is nice and all but every person here should be keenly aware that candidates and presidents are different animals.

And yet there will be plenty of stupid people, goons included, who will buy her bullshit and believe her even though Hilary's probably going to be the most shameless panderer on either side in this election.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Dubstep Jesus posted:

Has anyone about posted how hosed Virginia's voting machines are?

Don't worry, most states likely use the same machines and setup. :patriot:

I'd kill to see a law passed that regulated voting machines as heavily as slot machines.

FizFashizzle posted:

I mean as a serious presidential candidate, not just a pillowpants wet dream.

He was being treated as A Big Deal pretty much immediately after his convention speech. As soon as it was over you had reporters covering the event (I think CNN's?) talking about how presidential he looked and that this Obama guy will almost certainly make a run at the White House.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

SubponticatePoster posted:

Colleges are (supposedly) full of smart people, surely someone there understands they have something to bargain with.

None of those smart people believe that the masses of football fans in the south would see "using football as a bargaining chip to not get a university destroyed" as anything other than "THOSE loving COMMIE FAGGOTS ARE TRYING TO GET RID OF MAH FOOBAWL :bahgawd:"

JT Jag posted:

Remember when Patraeus was seen as a serious potential Democratic presidential candidate

No, because he wasn't ever in this position for either party. Colin Powell was a more "serious" consideration than Patraeus has ever been.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Vahakyla posted:

Are law enforcement agents from local and state level disarmed before getting close to the Prez? What about federal, non SS, agents?

Aren't those just park rangers? They don't usually carry guns in that setting.

haveblue posted:

Or until Google comes to town, in which case prices magically halve and speed doubles overnight.

Comcast is going to start offering 1-2 gigabit internet in Atlanta. Coincidentally this decision came after Atlanta was picked as one of the next Google Fiber locations. It's completely a coincidence that Comcast, the company that was charging me 69.99 a month for something like 40/15 internet a year ago, will offer speeds of more than 10 times that for a fractional cost increase.

I mean it's certainly a thing they decided on their own and not because if Google Fiber could destroy their hold on a city as large as Atlanta then their days are numbered. Right? :v:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Fried Chicken posted:

Just Republicans and cops barring a duly elected mayor for assuming office, nbd

WRT the allegations of voter fraud, County Republican Election Director Gary Fuhr said that in response to the city’s complaints, the election board sent four canvassers to Kinloch on Tuesday to verify that voters were registered to correct addresses. He declined to say what canvassers found. (gosh, if he had found evidence of fraud you'd think he would be trumpeting it)

I look forward to the police chief being really loving indignant when the Mayor fires his rear end for gross incompetence as soon as she's able to get properly sworn in and start her job.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

JT Jag posted:

It kinda surprises me actually.

Get rid of the black radical muslim commie socialist usurper and you lose them as a means to bilk money from your idiot followers.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

^^^ all their posting is offensive.

Sorus posted:

Yeah, because the best way to deal with the people killing you is to make them angry.

Maybe they're trying to kill their killers first and are just bad at it because they lack the hands on experience police have at it. :cop:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

I have to imagine this is basically Obama's internal thoughts when dealing with the GOP.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

I hate people like this so loving much.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

So would people consider a Google executive donating to the Gates foundation evidence of illegal collusion between the two companies?

No because we already know they and other companies were colluding to suppress wages in Silicon Valley.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

People please stop talking about how Baltimore is seen as "on of the good ones" and "not The South" because I'm not sure where you live but I've never heard of Baltimore being described as little more than a heavily black city with a lot of racist as gently caress white people (and it's absolutely "the south"). That their NFL team has had murderers play for them only tends to reinforce the view for racists that it's a city of urban ferals looking to steal everything.. Event friends who moved to the area for work have described as "stay the gently caress out of [areas] and it's almost as good as living Atlanta but the people are even more racist in private."

The South openly embraces its neo-confederate racism. People in Baltimore just let it fester under the surface like an infected wound.

Gravel Gravy posted:

Didn't witnesses say he was spasming and having difficulty moving after the altercation though? I heard an officer basically pinned his neck/head with a knee.

IIRC at least one witness mentioned a cop pinned Grey down with the cop's knee pushing right on his spine which is a great way to permanently cripple or kill someone when the pressure gets high enough, especially when his head and/or legs are being bent around which was reported in this case as well?. It's really getting hard to keep the details of specific cases of police brutality from melting together in to one fascist chimera.

I give it about an 3% chance of any cops being charged and convicted. >1% chance of the charges also sticking and not being overturned on appeal.

Shageletic posted:

Non-Joemomentum quote of the day

I think he'd have become my favorite president of all time if he had specifically said Pokemon. I know Herman Cain would've applauded him. :japan:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

JeffersonClay posted:

The full weight of the US military was not enough to stop an insurgency in Iraq, and it's a lot easier to hide in the Rockies or Appalachia than in the desert.

Iraq and Afghanistan, deserts with absolutely nowhere to hide. :v:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Warcabbit posted:

New York State has an army, navy, and air force that is not the National Guard, either.

And the NYPD is basically run like the FBI and CIA, complete with taking part in out of state operations (or did that finally stop?)

FAUXTON posted:

Initially I was going to be like "Well, as a mitigating factor, that particular shrine is basically a blanket shrine to all war dead" but then I got to the part where Abe said the war criminals weren't considered war criminals, gently caress this guy.

So why are people acting surprised he didn't apologize? It seems pretty clear that's about as likely as Turkey apologizing for the Armenian Genocide.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

gradenko_2000 posted:

Besides disposable income, are there institutional/systemic barriers to African-Americans arming themselves with guns right now?

A group of angry black people protesting and carrying guns? There'd be a full on military deployment and any shots fired will immediately be blamed on them by every single news outlet because those urban ferals can't be trusted with guns. Especially if cops fired unprovoked on the crowd and the gunned them down in self defense.

Rexicon1 posted:

Why would Obama nuke New York?

The NYPD is pretty corrupt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

I thought he was talking about Baltimore until I clicked the article.

• Locked thread