Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Stultus Maximus posted:

Which course gets cut?

History, which is now being taught by the gun instructor alongside gun stuff (no regulations on what history they teach of course).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Freakazoid_ posted:

This has a layer of irony I think is going unappreciated, because the comparison between al-qaeda/daesh and a rattlesnake is actually true, but for different reasons.

The rattlesnake does not go out of its way to kill humans. It harbors no murderous intent. What it does do is react to animals, including humans, who step into their personal space/territory. Violating its personal space is seen as a threat against its life. However, because Huckabee (and probably a lot of other americans) believe that the world is theirs and that they should be free to travel without impediment, they cannot see that what they have done is a reaction by the rattlesnake. They mistake it for an evil, opposing force out to get them and react upon that basis.

Al-Qaeda and Daesh are merely reactions to the US stepping all over the middle east territory and loving up their poo poo.

And if you're bit by a rattlesnake, remain calm. If you flail about and panic you'll get the venom through your system quicker and make it more likely you'll die.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
At what point in the story did they release his past crimes (the victim) to the public, was it before or after this video came out? If we lived in a good world all the news stations would question their making GBS threads on the victim so quickly from now on (this will never happen though).

Edit: ^^ Are you for loving real?

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Trabisnikof posted:

I prefer to use the 2009 example where NYPD had an officer involuntarily committed as suicidal because he had recorded corruption in his precinct: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adrian_Schoolcraft

There was a good piece about it on NPR a few years ago. He would have been committed for life, but he had little sound recorders all around his house set up in case the police tried to get him. When they (the police) came they found one of them, but not the others. The guy's father found them after the fact and used them as evidence to get him out of the mental hospital (or wherever it was) he was put in. The guy now stays with his dad, but doesn't really leave the house, as the police constantly harass him when he goes outside and when he stays in. This is a different police force than the one he worked for harassing him by the way.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Joementum posted:

Looks like Rick Santorum's PAC is going to launch it's own network TV crime drama based around ISIS haxing teh gibson.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ExyzEhJ_8Q

Patriot Voices: Mess with the Best, Die like the Rest [Coming this Fall on ABC]

I thought you were being serious for like ten seconds, that is what the current state of US politics has done to me.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Joementum posted:

Quote of the day, "I have a big plane. He doesn't." ~ Donald Trump, on the advantages he'll have over Rick Santorum campaigning in Iowa.

It's not the size of the plane, it's how smoothly you land it.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Joementum posted:

Please do not ask Ted Cruz about events prior to 1970.

Also, too, when Ted Cruz was born he was entitled to lifelong socialized medicine, so why should he have to take a position on Medicare?

People always talk about how smart and how good at debate Ted Cruz is, but take him out of his comfort zone and he's all "and and and".

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Joementum posted:

Quote of the morning, "Watch the ceilings with those cameras. You ruin my woodwork you ruin my day." ~ Donald Trump, to reporters aboard his private jet.

I too can relate to people ruining the woodwork on my private jet. The people's candidate.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

There's black gold at the end of that rainbow.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Trabisnikof posted:

Actually thus far, their campaign isn't doing too well..https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/michael-t-slager-support-fund

$1.7K won't cover the lawyer.

They're already 1/3 of the way to their goal in 2 days, so it isn't doing terribly. There are 375 comments to read for anyone interested (masochists).

Edit: Actually, read them. They're all just people hating on the guy.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Recycle Bin posted:

I was mulling over what it would mean to have a First Man as opposed to a First Lady under a Hillary presidency, and it occurred to me that I don't think there's anything legally preventing Chelsea from assuming the role. Thoughts?

Bill Clinton has already stated he want's to be referred to as "First Laddy".

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
Is this like when libertarians say they don't vote straight ticket republican?

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Zeroisanumber posted:

Because Vigo is alive and beautiful.

I love that scene from Ghostbusters 2

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

ReidRansom posted:

Plus, Ted is a slimy and calculating gently caress. Don't underestimate him in the primary. He'll skewer himself in the general, but he's well positioned to do very well in the primaries.

I still can't wait to see Ted ruin the election of every other republican candidate somehow.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Joementum posted:

What's up? I am. Ha ha. Get it? The joke is that I am tall. Much taller than Cuban Foreign Minister Bruno Rodriguez with whom I'm shaking hands. And thus, I am "up" in comparison to his stature.

Kerry just ripped a wet one.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Joementum posted:

Quote of the day, "I think that interviews are difficult. Like right now while we're doing this interview I can't see you. You know, I'm in a remote—by a remote camera in South Carolina. When an interview's contentious and when an interview is full of a lot of opinion and editorializing and it's a long-winded question that's setting you up to say, well, you know, you've been beating your wife all these years and when are you going to stop beating your wife? It's very difficult in those contentious interviews. I don't think it makes for good TV on both sides. And I do lose my cool. And I lost—I do lose my temper sometimes. And I should be better at that, but the thing is you don't get any visual clues." ~ Rand Paul.

Quote of the night, "What are you going to do if Martians land on earth? you going to kill all martians that have two heads when they land? We always have to handle these bizarre hypotheticals, and the liberals get off scot free." ~ Rand Paul.

He's right though. When's the last time you heard a liberal get asked the "Would you kill the two-headed martians?" question?

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Rand just needs a jet-pack so he can rocket boost out of situations he dislikes (all of them).

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Rand has accepted Bitcoin campaign donations. We really are in the future.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

My Imaginary GF posted:

If Rand can't even handle the pre-primary media, ain't no way he survived to Iowa. Even the huckster has been tell'n him that this ain't no game, boy, this is the throne and you play for keeps. If you can't a answer a simple media question how you gonna survive opposition?

Hiary ain't a woman who rhymes with mimes.

Are you trying to say that Rand Paul is Joffrey? Because the more I think about it the more it works.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

FilthyImp posted:

I'd like to see Rand go on the Daily Show or something..

Only to bring out the DREAMER he ran away from as his interviewer. In my mind, he jets so fast his pube-wig is spinning in mid air for a few moments.

"Here's the rest of that sandwich Mr. Paul."

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Joementum posted:

Wait, Karl Rove is on Fox News saying that the walls of Vienna might not hold :ohdear:

One group of Idaho people, mistaking a different group of Idaho people for Ottoman scouts, have begun firing on each other! (I don't know any lingo for Idaho people)

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Star Man posted:

Do you want to buy one of Hilary's hard drives that's been wiped clean and no longer functioning for the low low price of $99.95? Then Rand Paul has just what you're looking for!

https://store.randpaul.com/index.php/hillary/hillary-s-hard-drive.html

Quantities are limited, so act now!

I notice he's selling white koozies, which is pretty accurate.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

richardfun posted:

(Primary) Quote of the day: "I wish her well in this race and I look forward to being able to stay well away from it.” - John Kerry, on Clintons entry into the presidential race.

Will republican's still bring up Kerry this election? Wait and find out.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Mister Macys posted:

He's 73 and should have been put behind a desk, not the barrel of a gun.

How is he supposed to kill black people without a gun? It's like you don't even know why the police exist.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

My Imaginary GF posted:

Say what you will about Dick Cheney, you know he's a man you can trust.

Because if you don't trust him fully, you can trust him to take you out back and shoot you.

Cheney: The right Dick to trust

Please, when Dick shoots he aims for the face, that way the other guy knows it's coming.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Well I'm convinced. Rick Perry/Carrot Top 2016.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
Have any of them promised to repeal same-sex marriage legalization should (ha ha it's happening) it happen?

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

haveblue posted:

What is that mounted on the technical in the last panel? It looks like a WW2-vintage AA gun.

What do you want! Our Clan is strong! Bolt it down and Ready!

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

drakegrim posted:

She is a hot head with a fowl mouth. Not good for representing Americans, but then again

Chris Christie is not a woman as far as I know. Also, that the perfect trait to represent Americans.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Joementum posted:

Quote of the morning, "Charles and David Koch are well known for their business success, their generous philanthropic efforts and for their focus on innovation in management. Some also know them for their activism in the political realm. All of these are important contributions to society. What is underappreciated is their passion for freedom and their commitment to ideas. Unlike many crony capitalists who troll the halls of Congress looking for favors, the Kochs have consistently lobbied against special-interest politics." ~ Rand Paul

I'm sorry Paul, but those Koch's are already spoken for. At least he's being honest about how getting the spot in the GOP works. Suck the Koch, get the money shot.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
The Civil Rights Act has passed, and because of it racism is over.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Fried Chicken posted:

Rick Scott (S-Hogwarts) is suing the Obama administration, demanding that it hand over the health care money on the condition it isn't called Obamacare

See, Florida is in the middle of a Republican-on-Republican gunfight over the expansion of Medicaid. State senate republicans want to expand it, state house republicans and the associated Koch brothers network don't, Scott is flip flopping back and forth on it.

Now the White House is looking at phasing out a Medicaid program called the Low Income Pool (LIP) which gives money to hospitals that treat the uninsured because it's less effective than other means (namely the expansion). But without either the expansion or LIP Florida's budget is in trouble.

So rather than expand the program and take heat from the tea party, or back them and watch the budget collapse, Scott is trying to split the baby. His argument is that cutting this money is coercion of the state to expand their Medicaid program. Instead he wants the money, without needing to adopt the provisions of the ACA.

Leader of the florida senate republicans Andy Gardiner put out a press release undercutting this approach, saying "the federal government has no obligation to provide LIP funding or to work within our time-frame"

That article has the first picture of Scott I've seen where he doesn't have his skeleton smile.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Joementum posted:

"I've always thought," said Rainsford, "that the Cape buffalo is the most dangerous of all big game."

For a moment the general did not reply; he was smiling his curious red-lipped smile. Then he said slowly, "No. You are wrong, sir. The Cape buffalo is not the most dangerous big game." He sipped his wine. "Here in my preserve on this island," he said in the same slow tone, "I hunt more dangerous game."

Rainsford expressed his surprise. "Is there big game on this island?"

The general nodded. "The biggest."

"Really?"

"Oh, it isn't here naturally, of course. I have to stock the island."

"And what is the most dangerous game?"

"MAN!"

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

This looks like one of those "Pre-Arsoning" pictures.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Joementum posted:

Pictured: Marco Rubio at the Union Station Chipotle on April 15th. He ordered a chicken quesadilla.

This is like ordering Chicken Alfredo at an Italian restaurant. I didn't even know Chipoltle did quesadillas.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
When people can be screwed over the way they can by politics seriousness can be expected.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

JT Jag posted:

Hey now, football is pretty serious business too.

Not a joke.

Being from Texas, this is not an understatement.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
The US telling other countries to go for cleaner sources of energy is really funny. And as far as I heard, sanctions are ineffective. Just look at out piddly little sanctions on Russia.

^^The Iranian people are for the most part fine with the US (most even like us). Rick Steves did a good travel show on Iran.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

chitoryu12 posted:

If you don't have a doctorate, you don't deserve to live!

You want a good job? Go to college. Which you will pay for by

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

GreyPowerVan posted:

In 1968 the Big Mac was sold for 49 cents and the minimum wage was $1.60.
31~% of their hourly wage.

Today, the average cost of a Big Mac in America is $4.39 and the minimum wage is $7.25
61~% of their hourly wage.

these workers sure are getting to enjoy the fruits of their labor.

But Walmart puts out those charity boxes asking it's customers to give canned food to it's starving workers. Where they get the cans is both close by and convenient.

• Locked thread