Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

coyo7e posted:

Is canned pork useful? I never noticed a recipe. Fishing with rotten food is where it's at though, just bring a few molotovs for the catfish.

I forgot what thread I was in and ohhhh boy I was pretty loving confused when I read this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Sigma-X posted:

Is there a Titanfall assault thread? I saw there was a clan and I joined what I thought was the second goon clan but it's 2 noboides and my badass self.

There's a goon guild that someone made in the main Titanfall thread called Titanfall Goons. Otherwise there's no real thread for the game.

I'm enjoying Titanfall assault, but the one major killer for me is that it gets really fussy if your connection is less than perfect. I mostly play phone games during down time at work and it boots me from over half of all games because my reception isn't the most stable.

It has no problem finding me a match and letting me play the first 3 seconds though, so I get lots of free losses.

Renegret fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Aug 28, 2017

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Hit me up on some of that pick on ore action

mbgj9024

I got a bunch of people already but 10 pages worth of codes is kinda hard to stay on top of

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Len posted:

It came from Google Play: Stop Chad

loving lol

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
If a build that includes single meteor doesn't put out enough damage for a boss then I just grind a bit more and come back. Honestly it seems to me that your spell build isn't as important as you'd think, most of the skills are balanced pretty well. I just randomly swap spells in and out as I want to level them and it doesn't change all that much. I just make sure I have some general mix of AoE and single target. Plus, keep in mind that most "single target" is still AoE, just a little less than other skills.

Trolls are real jerks though because they have an insane amount of HP regen.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I'm going to strangle whoever recommended Solitarica.

That game is so good that I can't put it down, but sometimes you get RNGfucked and there's nothing you can do about it. It's so frustrating when that happens.

On the other hand, I just won a round as a rogue and I have absolutely no idea how. I got none of the items and spells to make the build that I wanted, and ended with 600 gold in my pocket because RNG gave me no good items to spend my money on. I had a hodge podge of skills and a poo poo ton of luck.

Renegret fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Aug 7, 2018

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I've had a good go with the Paladin class because you get the power to just delete tons of cards off the board. It takes the frustration out of trying to clear the last 2 cards on the board.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I'm still working on unlocking all the decks so I haven't tried epic mode, but barring any kind of bad RNG bullshit I can reliably win the game on normal most of the time. It's not terribly hard once you learn what's required for some of the bosses.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
The Primal classes I'm assuming.

I've only played Barbarian and I weirdly hate it. On more than one occasion. I've had 4 health, full energy, and ~6 cards on the board. Okay great, I'll draw a card, damage myself for 1 point, then clear the board.

Then I draw a King and kill myself.

e: I've beaten all of the starting decks on epic except bard, because gently caress bard. Holy poo poo, gently caress bard.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Paladinus posted:

Nice 'nice meltdown'.

Nice "Nice 'nice meltdown'."

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Joined goonswarm in shop titans. I'm assuming that's a good guild?

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Baddog posted:

Goonswarm isn't, we're in goonswarm+ or awful artisans (you guys still active?)

Thanks. I figured I'd ask since + seemed to be higher level than not + and that was fishy.

Regarding this stupid game, in experiencing frequent crashes. I turned all the settings down but it's still pretty bad. Anyone experienced anything similar?

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I'm sad just reading the description

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
applied to raid goons as PORK CHOPS

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Farquar posted:

They're going Kleenex on us! What's the generic name for that type of puzzle?

Nonogram

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Kris xK posted:

SNKRX has been ported to Android by the Dev. It's a weird Snake Roguelike that is actually decent despite the aneurism you just had reading my description of it.

Edit apparently it was ported earlier in the month but just made pc parity with the recent update.

This game is pretty fun.

A little on the buggy side though

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Maybe Later...

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Martman posted:

Sorry but I'm lolling at the idea of a Lemmings game that gives you an IAP pop-up every time a lemming dies or something

I didn't even know a mobile lemmings was coming out, but I'm gonna be furious if I need to pay microtransactions to herd them all in a corner and kill them all violently in a single explosion.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
The way I played Lemmings as a kid suddenly reveals a lot about me as an adult.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I'm a little confused why they thought Pokemon Go but with Pikmin was a good idea when Pokemon Go but Harry Potter failed.

I love me some Pikmin but most people never even heard of it.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
How do the new final fantasy remakes play on mobile? I have a bunch of Google play bucks in my wallet that's about to expire but I'm a little apprehensive nonetheless because of mobile controls and the steep price tag.

Mostly concerned about the controls though

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

NinjaDebugger posted:

I've only got ff5 but the controls are unusable. No controller support, no run button, and there are two modes of movement. The press and drag is hard to use even for that style, and the tap and go can't go into secret passages. Unless they've updated it, it's absolute garbage

Welp

I got a hankering to play FFIV and V but I was worried about that.

I don't understand why it's so hard to give people the rerelease we want

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Tsietisin posted:

Took me 5 runs to beat the boss.

So looks like the option to unlock the next Island is to watch 19 adverts in full in a row.

I never got that option the first time I clicked no. There was only the option to pay.

And I suspect future islands will be double the ads.

But at least you can watch ads for leaves whenever you want so you can spread it out beforehand

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

this is fun, thanks for the rec! I keep getting owned by combining two max level skills into one that is worse, I should really read them better

Yeah this plus the long run lengths are my only problem with the game. A lot of the fusions are traps and it sucks to lose a solid run because you took a lovely fusion. It's such a big time investment just to experiment with something.

The game is good fun though

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Snazzy Frocks posted:

so idle games are just exploitative ad farms huh

Pretty much yeah. And it's pretty telling that a lot of these games don't even offer an ad free upgrade. I love me a good idle game but my interest in the genre has been killed from the shameless number of ads.

But imo it's not nearly as offensive as the way slot games shove mtx into your face. Oh boy.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I'm really down with this magic survival update.

I like the new skill system a lot. Fusion sucked.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I just had a good run based around cyclone of all things. Stacked all the size buffs and duration buffs and ended with cyclones bigger than the screen.

Then I died because my arm fell asleep and I had 0 defensive skills.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I've had good luck with the firework/random shots upgrade for lots of screen clear. However I've had problems dealing with the big dudes and no matter how much I stack damage I can't seem to kill them in respectable time. Most of my deaths have been due to getting sandwiched by a bunch of bigguns

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

Yeah that's the new end condition I think. Not sure you are supposed to be able to kill them in a reasonable time

Sadly I haven't been able to break the 40 minute mark yet. I've come close but just barely keep missing them because I suck real bad at roguelikes. But I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case anyway, I know pre-patch people were idling their way to hour long games with the right builds

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
also the clock is right where the camera hole is on my pixel 5 so I can't actually see the timer without pausing the game

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I lost a run at 39:53

:(

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
you'll know when you're about to max out a skill because the level indicator when you select it will be green instead of whatever the default color is. And yeah I think the biggest piece of advise I can give to someone is to not be afraid to just skip a level and take your 15% refund. In fact, invest a skill point to bump that to 40%. In the midgame, the game will throw levels at you like crazy, but it falls off very quickly so you need to plan ahead. You're not really going to fall behind by skipping a level because you're just going to get another one in a few seconds. It's always better to go deep in a few trees than shallow in many. The one exception imo is barrier, where I usually only put one point in. Haste also caps out at 3 levels, it's a low priority for me but I'll occasionally max it out.

The max level of 8 vs. 11 or whatever they are at the moment depends on how many upgrades you can give to a specific spell. The level 8 skills will only have a single upgrade, were the level 11 ones will have 2.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Inceltown posted:

That game is Evony.

lmao

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Magic Survival seems neat, even with the shaky translation, but the minutes section of the timer being perfectly covered by my phone's front camera is a little unfortunate.

Ah yes another pixel 5 haver I see.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Trastion posted:

I have a pixel 2 xl but just bought a pixel 5 to replace it...

Is this a common issue with games and the pixel 5?

That was the only game I had a problem with the pixel 5.

Then I accidentally fell into a pool and toasted that phone, so I no longer have it.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
The dark deed is done

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I got a 44 minute run all thanks to the iron maiden artifacts.

Passive upgrades are really good too.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Relentless posted:

As somebody who picked up Vampire Survivors when there were only 3 stages, watching people rediscover the magic is great.

It's such this very simple "Oh, it's Castlevania weapons." start that very rapidly blooms into school yard "OMG YOU'LL NEVER BELIEVE WHAT HAPPENED!" gossip.

IT'S A DOG

THAT FARTS FLOWERS

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Yeah few years ago I found groups off of Reddit. It was largely painless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

NinjaDebugger posted:

Every one of them is a 2x the next round, you'll notice it emptying as you pick up materials.

Oh sweet thanks. I was wondering why I randomly had 2x popping up.

Still haven't finished a run yet. I can't decide if it's because the game's hard or I just suck