Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Let me shamelessly self promote the Nullsec Recaps that come out each month to remind people how boring EVE can be - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvbTK_l1X6U

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 17:50 on May 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Foehammer007 posted:

this video does not exist

Yeah, turns out a direct link to playlists don't work on SomethingAwfuldotcom in 2015.

Fixed the post to have the latest Nullsec Recap.

Edit - Oh and also the only gaming tournament I genuinely ever pay attention to is happening as well - http://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/announcing-alliance-tournament-xiii/

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 17:52 on May 7, 2015

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Join HABIT to never log in and await the call for Order 66 to destroy PL from the inside.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nietzschean posted:

dear leader just linked us all to the new, modernized goonfleet logo

Please make this Vysts new avatar.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Thurin posted:

Has there been any word on supercapital mooring yet? Mostly I want to know if they'll be safe enough that I can leave a super in staging while I do other things on the alt.

Other than "its something we'd like to see in-game" no.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ullerrm posted:

You're all being dumb.

Yes, people still use "jewing" to refer to ratting occasionally in TYOOL 2015. It's a hard habit to break, myself included -- probably because it's not quite as blatantly offensive as "human being" or "friend of the family" or other catchphrases of choice that people are just now training themselves to not use.

If you hear it, and it bothers you, speak up. Chances are, they'll go "oh yeah." It's not that hard.

Can I ask if this thread sparked the whole discussion?

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bravenewbies/comments/35gebm/how_racist_do_comms_have_to_get_before_they/

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 06:36 on May 11, 2015

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ullerrm posted:

Speaking as someone with an alt in BNI: their comms are WAY nastier than ours. Which is impressive, really, when you consider how bad Imperium comms are. I don't know if it's the TEST influence, or something else entirely; they drop racial slurs like it's going out of style. (Hint: It's going out of style.)

PS: I made another monthly thing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZyuEgtvyCI

Yeah, when I had an alt in there I got a couple chuckles at how their comms were and how they'd profess elsewhere that they weren't like the other groups and their fleet comms were super firendly to everyone etc.

Also I lover your videos :allears:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
An unholy trinity of PL, PIZZA, and CFC...err... ~Imperium~ just dropped a Kadeshi titan in Catch.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 23:36 on May 11, 2015

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ullerrm posted:

I landed on grid right as you fuckers volleyed him :(

[22:52:09] Hayley D'Aubigne > the reward for being the first titan on the field
[22:52:16] Hayley D'Aubigne > bridge the dictors ;_;

It's OK, I've never been on a titan kill even though I was in B-R for 4 hours (none of the titans I shot at died) and was less than 1 minute from getting on that one. :smith:

Libluini posted:

No idea who that is. Is CCP Dolan still there?

He's the one that hosted the Alliance Tournament last year and despite the ~Icelandic awkward phrasing~ he wasn't all that bad either. Nice dude to drink with as well when at Fanfest. Also Dolan quit like a year ago and no one seems to have missed him much since nothing under his watch fell apart. CCP Leeloo seems far more competent at managing the CSM than him.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 01:20 on May 12, 2015

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

didn't dolan go on to riot as some sort of useless lackey

Yeah. Same with Greyscale and the others who left for Riot pretty much.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I said come in! posted:

What new MMOs are in development and coming out soon? There's nothing major that i'm aware of and I hope that this is a sign that the worse genre in video games is finally dying.

Star Citizen :v:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

goattrails posted:

I don't think that counts as "soon" even in CCP's timeframe.

Chris Roberts, praise be upon him, just wants to make sure the game is absolutely 100% perfect. I'm sorry you don't care about receiving such a fine quality product.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Klyith posted:

Have you ever even been to New Orleans?

Boston is very nice, I like Boston. You can find very good seafood in Boston. You can't find bad seafood in New Orleans.

Plus, in New Orleans (and some of the other southern states) you can get alligator meat along with your seafood dishes. :yum:

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 18:05 on May 12, 2015

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kirs posted:

And how the gently caress Nyx can get in can?

By never not believing.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CainFortea posted:

I get alligator meat in Oregon. I get it in Mac n Cheese.

Well yeah you have to have it shipped to you though.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kazak_Hstan posted:

Do you get a knife and go find a gator or something?

What? No, I just use a revolver.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ninogan posted:

CCP Greyscale has joined Sandbox Interactive as a game designer: https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/10394-Hi-everyone/

:frog:

Did he get fired from Riot or something?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

he's so bad he never got an offer

Really? I recall people saying Soundwave gave him a job offer when Greyscale left CCP.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I'm a little sad that this isn't a Doink production :smith:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fix Lag posted:

For having downloaded, installed, and learned all the software I used to make that in the last 24 hours hours it's not entirely as bad as I thought it would be. It definitely needs some rework though. Not enough hot moms, Gilas, or Space Violence references.

It's not bad at all for a first time, so congrats on that. The tracking of the ships on an object, in this case the cars, isn't atrocious as compared to other peoples videos doing the same thing.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fix Lag posted:

It synched up pretty perfectly until the program spazzed after I added a clip 90% of the way through. Then I had to go back and try to fix everything :smith: but all the king's animators and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty back together again.

Many thanks to everyone who helped me with poo poo.

Did you use After Effects or did you use a different program?

AE has better tracking options in it than Premiere etc. in my experience.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fix Lag posted:

Mad Max is what Greyscale fantasized about convoy ops: amazing, and not going to happen in Eve.

Y'all should go see it.

Yeah its a pretty awesome flick. It gets bonus points since apparently it is also pissing off a bunch of MRAs saying that its feminist propaganda because Charlize Theron barks orders at Max, ignoring that it's happened in all of the previous Mad Max movies.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

surebet posted:

So, uh, consider pulling your balances from the site if you keep one there.

Not surprised at all, they've been rumored to be heavily into the RMT poo poo for a long time and a lot of the dealings I had with them sent off flags.

They tried to get me to make a video for a site that they seemed to be non-EVE related but would only pay me in ISK.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Libluini posted:

Morons are livid and donning the tinfoil, of course. :v:

EVE died years ago.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zephyrine posted:

But enough about your time working for TMC

:thejoke:

As much as people claim TMC to be an RMT ring, they don't do anything that breaks CCPs rules or policies despite what the Reddit crowd cries about.

The situation I had with IWantISK was sorta hosed up, especially since it involved a CSM candidate trying to facilitate the deal.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zephyrine posted:

Considering what regular writers make per pageview the TMC writers are probably well paid for their articles if they spend the isk anyway.

As human effort versus reward it probably beats most eve professions and having worked for TMC is a genuine merit if they ever want to move on to other work in the business.

When I made ISK off my articles I made like 4bil pretty regularly. Then I got paid in real money which was pretty good money for what I was doing and the effort put in each month.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

it absolutely shocks me that a news website that pays its writers in funny money has crap for content

the miracle is that it was briefly good at all

You could argue the reason why it was "good" was that one of the higher up editors was also someone who worked for RPS, Massively, and some other sites.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ciaphas posted:

Is exploration much for actually making money in nullsec and/or goonspace? I've been loving around in highsec and C1/2 wormholes while waiting to be moved out of Vacationers, and it's not exactly a cornucopia of funds so far. (Not that I expected it to be yet, mind.)

Can't speak for up where CFC/Imperium are, but yes Null exploration is far more profitable than Highsec.

I make about a billion ISK every two weeks or so by doing only Relic sites in Null. Mostly you just go to the site, cargo scan, hack, loot the goodies, move them to your staging and then ship to Jita to sell. I've found armor plates and nanite compound you pick up from the sites to be the big money makers. You can come across BPCs but they're usually not high value. You can do the sites in WHs but they have NPCs you have to worry about where as in Null there aren't any.

Edit - vvv Yeah, the RNG is pretty annoying but that's what the cargo scanner is for so you can find cans worth the hassle. The hacking is of course harder in Null and I found even having Level 4 skills for the relic related skills and tech knowledge it can be aggravating at times when you gently caress up a puzzle.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 06:27 on May 17, 2015

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Crankit posted:

Did sovereignty get hosed up in Eve what's the deal with that? I know a guy who plays eve and I didn't really follow everything, but he said changes had been made and now everyone has moved to lowsec?

Sov changes are in June. Barely anyone moved to lowsec because of them specifically already, people who just got curbstomped have however.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Good news for me and you both, brother.

It's a pretty dumb idea if they're serious about it.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Helicon One posted:

Who is surprised that Cerebral Wolf, noted awful shitlord, has been emailing CCP about the possibility of being able to rename characters and change his tainted identity?

Not I, said the burned "spy".

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Drythe posted:

:psyduck:

Holy gently caress, it's an online video game. Why is that guy such a shitlord to care so much?

Some people have mental disorders and think there's any justification for that sort of stuff over a video game.

Edit - See, he just wanted to get a free economy class ticket to meet CCP devs for a few hours.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 21:09 on May 18, 2015

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

YouTuber posted:

So what did Cerebral Wolf do? I've not heard of him. I need information if I am going to harass him out of game. Are we harassing him out of the game or outside the game?

Cerebral Wolf wanted to get the ball rolling with the Goons in DUST 514 so pushed for an "official Goon corp" to be formed, it was more or less made out of pity because no one gave two shits about DUST and they still don't. He then used his position of "power" (as much power as you have for a small group in an equally small game community) to voice his opinion on the developments for DUST.

Along the way he ran afoul of some pubbie named Zionshad (he ran for CSM and was the head of some group called Zion TCD), during the culmination of their slapfights Cerebral Wolf claimed Zionshad had gotten CW's wife's IRL phone number and tried to be an e-creeper about it. It's generally claimed that this accusation is why Zionshad dropped out of the CSM 8 race. Then a Goon in the DUST 514 corp called CW out on the claim about the wife being harassed and said it was fabricated. It fizzled out as it was just a game of "nuh uh"

However, it also was claimed that CW was also getting IRL info on ~prominent members~ of the DUST community which included people from the first CPM (the CSM for DUST). CW was then accused of having attempted to blackmail these people after not getting selected for the first CPM (CCP chose the members) and tried to flex his meta game muscles by doing so.

At Fanfest (2013), Mittani spoke with a few people from the CPM and got wind of all the poo poo that had gone down, namely the blackmail, and hellpurged the fuckstick. As a double whammy a bunch of the directors in the DUST group were fed up with him and performed a coup.

Shortly after that he went to the Nulli poo poo tier team, then went to BNI before being purged, then tried to use Groon to not be on the CFCs bad side (I recall him trying to rat in Deklein or Venal and getting dumpstered), then tried to get back into the CFC through Fweddit before being purged, and then went back to the boonies.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 22:16 on May 18, 2015

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nietzschean posted:

What if pooki was right. Makes you think.

That's nightmarish proposition.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

darth cookie posted:

There is something you have to do if you have an MWO related registration, I just don't remember what it is (since I've never had to do it myself personally). Fire off an email to newbies@goonfleet.com

It's mostly just hit up Vyst about getting transferred from MWO only to all of GF access if I recall. There should be a post in the MWO subforum about it.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
A bit unrelated for EVE, but on the topic of spaceships etc., The Planetary Society are going to try and launch a solar sail next year.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/theplanetarysociety/lightsail-a-revolutionary-solar-sailing-spacecraft

I vaguely recall there being a solar sail styled ship in EVE but can't remember its name or what it was used for.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah that was it. Shame it's not used much, but then again I don't think it had much going for it like with a bunch of other novelty ships CCP made.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

That was the test launch to see if the cube could transmit data from space + other tests. The LightSail launches and tests out the solar sail tech they developed next year, which is what the Kickstarter is for helping to fund.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Drythe posted:

On my way to find some miners I found a capsule just floating out in space. I couldn't resist

https://zkillboard.com/kill/46773817/

Kill them all.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ullerrm posted:

which they are currently nine months behind.

Last I heard they were closer to 18 months behind schedule. The FPS component was already supposed to be out and the ship PVP component has been out for about a year now and their netcode can't handle more than 6 people in a session without making GBS threads the bed.

Their only hope is the singleplayer campaign, especially since the people making it are on the other side of the planet from Chris Roberts.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 20:44 on May 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

darth cookie posted:

I've heard there's ridiculous ISK to be made from faction warfare missions using stealth bombers. Is anyone able to give me a run-down of basic fits, skills and the method of doing this? I've got an alt account not doing much that should probably start pulling its weight.

For both Amarr & Minmatar you do certain Level 4s at Tier 4 using a torp bomber and that's basically it.

• Locked thread