Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Reverand maynard posted:

That is exactly him. After he joined goons he tried some lovely power grab but got laughed at, so he decided to try for power instead in archeage. He is a ladder climbing fucktard and anyone that misses him is mentally retarded and should be put down. He is currently a director in some poo poo corp in Kadeshi.

If by lovely power grab, you mean literally do nothing except talk to mittens and Digi on skype, then yes, it was practically a coup and I have no idea why I'm not goon CEO in EVE. :jerkbag:

I'm also touched you've been keeping track of me, but yes, I'm basically camping in Kadeshi because they're pretty chill dudes. Trying to still find engagement in EVE, but it's pretty stale atm, in my opinion. Being in goons was a lot of fun, I miss most of the dudes. It's simply too bad that some EVE spacelords got upset that I wouldn't let them ruin content for a couple hundred other goons because they wanted to play EVE politics in a Korean weeboo MMO.

PS that TMC article was a propaganda fluff piece I was asked to do. I wouldn't forum dump NCdot when I left so mittens said I had to do some lulzy TMC article that would burn bridges with NCdot instead.

Velthice posted:

Kimsemus is a super cool dude, but i guess a couple of (retired?) eve grognards couldn't handle that he was way cooler than they were and also thought that being space important meant that they should be respected by goons everywhere and not laughed at and trolled mercilessly

they were of course laughed at and trolled mercilessly

:toot:

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Jun 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
Kind of glad I got kicked from goons so I can just watch this poo poo burn down from the outside looking in.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Denis posted:

what was your eve nick ?

Kimsemus.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

How many people who post here even play this poo poo game anymore?

I still do. Lowsec is a lot of fun. It's like null, with a lot less bullshit and a lot more killing. Quite easy for line members to make money too.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

quote:

Before we get started here I'm going to say up front I'm not interested in discussing the article on CZ here. There's a thread for that. It's the article on CZ thread. As a matter of fact here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/422fcz/a_fart_in_space_former_twotime_goon_ceo_darius/ - THAT IS THE THREAD

I'd like to have a chat about EVE history and set some of the record straight. Most of this information is already out there but you have to look for it and all who have anointed themselves as the tellers of these tales have done so for their own personal benefit. I get that you won't all believe me. I'm not here to convince you that I'm likely one of the most honest and direct people you're likely to meet and I say that with no hyperbole.

I'm here because after 6 years of watching other people take credit for my work and the work of others I can talk about it now and I'd like to ensure the historical record is set straight and this place gives me an opportunity to do so.

Why now? For one because I was under NDA. For two because I needed to be far enough removed from the company for any criticism to not just be written off as a bitter ex-employee. For three because I didn't want my truth to be damaging to the alliance I helped build as lame as that sounds. That alliance, NDA and distance are all gone. I have given away every single one of my characters, but since I haven't been left alone to play Diablo and play with my kids due to a particular sycophant's consistent personal attacks against my old friends I'm going to spend some time on the internet sharing some facts.

https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Second_Great_War <- This is one of the most accurate accounts I've seen of at least the disbanding but there are facts wrong even here. I will correct them and provide some more detail. For instance:

https://truestories.eveonline.com/truestories/ideas/976-the-mittani-sends-his-regards-disbanding-band-of-brothers.html - THIS is a complete work of fiction that somehow transposes The Mittani as instrumental in the defeat of BoB rather than a guy who showed up on Skype while others did the work then claimed ultimate credit which lead to appearances at GDC, a comic book, numerous articles and now a space business. All based on false pretenses. The story is still good. Mittani just didn't really do very much at that time.

From the eve wiki article:

"Disillusioned with the internal politics within BoB and enthused by the contrast he saw within Goonswarm on his alt whilst in IGNE, Haargoth offers to defect to Goonswarm. Goonswarm spymaster, The Mittani, initially plans a 'smash and grab' corp theft with Haargoth, but his imagination runs wild with other creative possibilities. In the end, a far more elaborate plan is devised, focused on the all-out destruction of BoB.[2]" - My memory isn't the greatest but if I recall correctly Haargoth was found out by Tamir. Tamir then went to Mittani and was like "Hey I have a guy". It is accurate that Mittani planned a corp theft. It is not accurate however that he conceived of anything that followed. XTTZ, who was a GENIUS when it came to game mechanics (having abused motherships to hold regions solo, caused numerous changes to the test server due to our use of information disclosures such as where BoB's titan blueprints were stored) is who I believe realized we could disband the alliance. Only then was the plan changed and it culminated in a voice comm channel (don't recall what we used at the time) with myself, Vile Rat, Tamir, Mittani, XTTZ and Haargoth. I can't recall if anyone else was present. Graham might have been and he'll get more credit later. Suffice it to say I should have been less dismissive when immediately Mittani's first response was "Oh my god I just disbanded bob". Not sure anyone there can validate given their current status but these are facts.

The assault was conceived between myself and Graham in The Star Chamber. This was a room that contained only my closest confidants and not the rest of the general directorate. It sounds kind of like a dickish cliquey thing and it kind of is but it's also a common way to conduct business with some sense of discretion. Illum leaks happened. SC leaks didn't. I don't recall who else may have been involved in the conversation but I do believe that I said something to the effect of "We need to be prepared to move immediately" because I knew for morale if nothing else we needed to try to beat sov 4. I believe the actual idea to abandon the south was suggested by Graham. If it was not him then it was my idea but the entire Cortez gimmick was all him. Here's the image we used due to us latching on the quote from Admiral Remus in the Hollywood blockbuster The Hunt For Red October (I've never posted here so I don't know if that image will show):
http://i.imgur.com/nzjugIP.jpg

So we go all in. I usually avoid tooting my own horn (as can be evidenced by 6 years of silence) but in this case I honestly believe that to have been the most daring strategic move in the history of this game. We told thousands of people to pack their poo poo and move and every last one of them did so. There's a great story about a titan in build I abandoned then ninja'd out "solo" (with the help of XTTZ) after Jake Noble did math wrong but that's for another time.

I believe we would have won with that maneuver regardless of the Haargoth thing. Anyone who minimizes the strength of our military victory simply doesn't know what they're talking about. The image from my fanfest presentation clearly shows that it took us months to grind through their infrastructure. During that time we ensured that their entire capital fleet was unable to move, which is where the "Never park your capital fleet in non-npc space" lesson you all now take for granted came from. Spies do neither of these things. Had we not broken and utterly crushed them militarily BoB would have lost nothing but their name and some pride.
I point these things out because I've seen how the stories were told and how primary participants were written out of them so others could achieve vanity, power and "wealth". Most goons quietly roll their eyes at the comic book stuff. Tamir is a personal friend and loves to rib me about it. At the end of the day though I look back and realize I allowed myself to be taken advantage of, which is not a trait I exhibit. This is my attempt to rectify that.

Like every CEO/honest human being, I can say that I did a lot of things I regret. I treated people very badly. I treated myself badly. I was a borderline alcoholic who didn't sleep for days on end and yelled at everyone. I own every single story about how I was a dick to the guys who went to PL (though there was no small amount of help and there's a whole depth to that story that gets ignored). I constantly fought violently with dear friends such as Suas and Vilerat. I'm not proud of these things but I present my ugliness openly because I don't want to appear to be painting myself as some messiah. I was a dick BUT I was a dick who was CEO and I alone get to claim credit for the defeat of BoB as it was MY leadership, MY decisions and MY sleepless nights that carried us through that. I took credit for the bad and I get to take credit for the good as well.
Without myself there is no end to BoB. My first act as CEO was pulling us out of a Delve war we had lost. I had to swallow a lot of pride but when it comes to the safety of our alliance I was always a pragmatist first even if I did some poo poo that was a bit unhinged. (attacking allies because I didn't like them, destroying NC allied towers because they sniped our moons, the war with AAA over a complex (which we were right about and also won in the end)). Without Graham and Vilerat and XTTZ and DBRB, and Junkie Beverage and TheAdj and and and thousands of other goons BoB does not die.

BoB dies just fine without The Mittani and that's the way this story really goes. I'll couch that by giving him credit for inventing the metagame as it stands today but this wasn't our spy. It was someone spying on us who got caught. Mittani did contribute to the effort and did show up in a chatroom to help manage the disbanding and war, but that's not what his telling of the story has ever been.

The other thing I've been challenged a lot about were the details of my second CEOship. I'm not sure why people attack me as if I don't know what the situation was. I was retired and done. The one and only reason I came back is because it was clear at the time I was the only person who could keep the alliance together long enough to survive. The second Mittani quit his day job and could run the alliance full time I left again. Was it a powerhouse when I left it the second time? No. I never claimed it was. We had nothing left when I came back. No money. No name. No alliance. No space. Nothing.

I may have said some motivational things about our ability if we only believed in ourselves but that's what I was supposed to do and I honestly did believe in our success. The deal with TCF was done however, during my time and it was forged through the hard work of our diplomats and my own personal friendship with the leader of the French alliance. I agreed to take in any members who wanted to come over to our alliance. Mittani was not handed "ashes". He was handed space that we owned again and the core of a damaged alliance but a living one, which is more than I had when I came back.

I encourage you to speak to actual old goons about these days if you don't believe what I have to say but I'm also cool with you not believing it. Don't bother asking anyone who self identifies with the current alliance because frankly, that has nothing to do with this time and is nothing remotely like what I built. That doesn't mean Mittani hasn't done a tremendous job as a CEO and an EVE player and that he hasn't taken care of his people. His people just ended up not being my people but I can't take credit away from his current accomplishments and have always been a friend despite my recent realization that I've just spent the past decade or so being taken advantage of. I don't think he is malicious but I'm also not interested in having my accomplishments made his accomplishments any longer.

I'm not a big fan of reddit itself, creeper pics as free speech (they aren't) just blows my loving mind, but I also don't think every subreddit is the same and anyone who was around for dreddit's creation will know I was personally involved in ensuring they were given an environment to grow and I NEVER attached a single string. I had Vilerat give Dreddit free ships and kept them in free ships and NOBODY else in the history of this game that I am aware of has nurtured another alliance like that into a power. I was open and honest with leadership in Dreddit that I wanted them to join us but also respected their decision to go their own way and even continued to help them then.

There's a lot more I can discuss but frankly I find this draining and it's a part of me I thought I'd been able to walk away from. In recent days however I've had a number of friends come to me because Mittani's Bormann is hurting them. I encourage them to go elsewhere but this kind of behavior cannot and will not be tolerated. I'm not going to get into the details of Sion's transgressions unless they're not dealt with but if I can't have a nice quiet retirement then I will absolutely come back, in form, and start throwing loving hand grenades because that is who I am and what I do.

All of that being said I'm on the internet again for now so let's talk about stuff. I have a lot of knowledge of a lot of things that has never been discussed. I'll be happy to tell you I can't tell you something if I can't but I'll also be happy to share what I can. I'm not here to trash Mittani. I'm hoping he gets his poo poo together because he's a friend. It has been said that this looks petty, and it does, because I'm essentially having a public slapfight on the internet airing dirty laundry which isn't a trait I'm known for. I will counter that by saying you don't get a deaf man's attention by clapping your hands. So I won't be making GBS threads on him or really one else for no reason. I will however be happy to correct history and answer questions. I'm sure even just some stuff from my CSM and dev days would be of interest without the drama but I'm really trying to live out my Maynard James Keenan life chilling out and not being bothered.

Pretty interesting read, to be honest. :toot:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Glory of Arioch posted:

to be fair there's enough room in that statement for him to mean, like, anyone, but i'm gonna go out on a limb and say it means sion

That's more or less how I read it as well.

mostly because of

quote:

I'm not going to get into the details of Sion's transgressions unless they're not dealt with but if I can't have a nice quiet retirement then I will absolutely come back, in form, and start throwing loving hand grenades because that is who I am and what I do.

But he doesn't seem terribly pleased with mitten's bombast, grandstanding, and plagiarism either.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Glory of Arioch posted:

point is, if sion said a naughty thing, and you're basically burning all your bridges anyways, why not just post it

if it is true, what do you have to lose

The moral high ground maybe, when you can say "I REALLY didn't want to do this, but..."

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
It's almost like DJ knows to post on reddit instead of on SA because he'll actually reach a wider and more receptive audience, and it's almost like he knows SA well enough to not waste his time posting in the EVE thread, since a lot of what he'll get are a bunch of straw men and J4Gs making GBS threads blood and defending the current state of affairs, since for any other goons, nothing of what he is saying is news. :v:

It's almost like he genuinely wants to give his opinion without dunking on the current goon entity or their leadership where it's not deserved.

It's almost like he's trying to reply to people with genuine questions instead of getting baited into character assassination by a bunch of smugposters. :v:

Weird.

evilweasel posted:

I'm not a mod anymore and never was a mod in games, I just know you won't post that nonsense anywhere you might get called on your poo poo.

If you feel like you can call him on his poo poo it's not like you can't make a reddit account if it matters that much to you. In your mind what is he saying that you actually feel is grossly inaccurate? :allears:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

vyst posted:

You're really loving stupid and it's no surprise you have the reputation you do

I am completely content with being hated by most of the cucks that post in this thread. :v:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

vyst posted:

Lol if you think it's just this thread. You must not get around the Internet much

I do, it's just that I don't have a broken asperger's switch that clicks on every time someone posts something I could mildly disagree with.

counterpoint: You get upset by words I make on SA and then shitpost about it.

counter-counterpoint: I hope whatever I did to upset you I keep doing.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

crew posted:

The awful thing about reddit is: unpopular opinions disappear because of the downvote mechanism so it can be tough to call people on bullshit if they're being propped up by a hate mob.

For example examine this exchange with Xenuria

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/42co46/im_darius_johnson_former_ceo_of_goonswarm_csm_1/cz9dhe5

Normally reddit is quite accepting of Xenuria in a trolling fashion yet here he is being massively downvoted for asking to see a shred of evidence after being accused of some pretty have duty poo poo.

Having no idea who Xenuria is (I was in goonswarm for like a month) wouldn't other people be able to be able to post logs or substantiate what DJ has said?

Furthermore, I agree -- why not just dump all the logs and proof you have of everything and let people chew on that awhile?

I actually have no idea who most of the people DJ posts about are, but if its his general feeling that the thing that exists today is different from the thing that existed before, and he doesn't like that, I guess that's his opinion and that's okay right? He says this all got started over something Sion posted (I have no idea who that is either), but I agree with anyone who say she should dump any logs that support his case.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Hesiod posted:

It was a joke you were too stupid to get because you believed the same troll I put in the New York Times.

I wish I'd noticed that and explained it but I didn't because I couldn't honestly believe you were that stupid. I was wrong and it was a major miscalculation as you've pointed out.

I forbade giving the CEOship to Karttoon. It was given to Zapa. Anything else you want to get wrong while claiming the moral high ground?

I assume you're Darius, and I was never in goons while you were in charge and really wasn't after either, but why not just post all the logs you have of the bad stuff you've said people have done and put an end to the arguments?

Like I believe you wouldn't show up after such a long time just to take the piss out of people and kick up sand, but as someone who wasn't there I am curious as to what actually happened and supporting evidence helps with that. :v:

Either way some people with delicate emotions are getting very upset and that is fine and good, but do they have a reason to be upset? :toot:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Hesiod posted:

The show us the evidence troll is ridiculous whether it's posted because you got caught cheating or because you don't like the fact that everything you believed about your poo poo was made up.

Xenuria has been given the opportunity to provide me with the evidence (I can't get it) and I openly stated I may have been incorrect EVEN in the original statement.

Having to point out that a cocksucker like that who you all rightfully poo poo all over because he's a loving poo poo of a person with a long history of unfunny lies and annoyances is pretty telling.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I (and many people) have no frame of reference as to whether Sion, Xenuria, or anyone else is poo poo or not. Most goons are faintly aware that the current state of affairs is sort of poo poo judging by some of the sperg posting that goes on here and things like book kickstarters and taking shill money from Daybreak Games, but when you say someone is a terrible cocksucker, I have no idea if they are or not because I've interacted with them zero.

And also I don't think Xenuria is going to give you the evidence you need so he can fall on his own sword. I just feel like, objectively, your narrative makes sense but it rings hollow in places without substantive evidence.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Hesiod posted:

If you want to decide whether I'm telling the truth maybe you should take a look at the actual links I provided on Reddit which were written by people who aren't me that clearly show something wrong with the historical record. I'm loving tired in the philosophical sense and I don't really want to be here or anywhere else talking about this dumb space bullshit.

I get that you feel things would be better if I just out and said things but at the end of the day it's not really about you. I'm getting poo poo off my chest at the pace I choose and if I wanted to see how people felt about the release schedule I'd have asked them. Every once in a while maybe I get to do something because I want to.

I'm not questioning that mittens definitely took credit for some of the poo poo you did, which is what most of the links you made point to. I'm not even questioning what you've said about past goonswarm glories or your leadership or how you liked to do things because I believe you.

What I DO question is when someone makes a direct accusation against someone but then just expects people who are otherwise completely neutral to believe it. I don't loving know ANY of the people you've mentioned on reddit or here but if you say they're poo poo I'd like to at least know why. That's all I'm saying. Typically people here respond better to accusations with proof, is all I'm saying, and a lot of people like me were never privvy to the round table discussions and inner dealings of whatever the gently caress was going on.

Also you seem like a swell guy but if you were tired of talking about dumb space bullshit maybe you should have stayed in retirement instead of making a lot of big posts on other websites about dumb space bullshit. Also please lay off the martyr thing it's kind of silly. I know doing EVE space stuff is a thankless job but you volunteered didn't you?

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Glory of Arioch posted:

:same:

like, if we're being objectively awful then i wanna know about it

I think many reasonable people have asked this, but apparently DJ just wants to "get some stuff off his chest" and while I think many people are willing to listen to him and believe him he's making it really, really hard.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Kazanir posted:

So on the one hand everyone has been very nice to you and you're very flattered, there is no hate towards you from the Common Goon, etc. But on the other hand you had been "made into a hate figure" such that members of BAT were suffering so much due to your presence alone that you were forced to depart the alliance? These two things are in posts on the very same page. Perhaps another, better poster can help me sort through the apparent narrative conflict.

:v: I think posts like this:

Cal posted:

OH please. We were talking about nuking you from TSC for quite some time and you knew that. You wanted to run before you could get the official axe. Illum means nothing hardly and you knew it. It was TSC you got all spacehurt about knowing you lost your access to the real poo poo.

Maybe he's saying the line members held no ill will, but some in leadership tried to villainize him. Perhaps it's not a stretch for him to imagine such hostile fellow leadership would disparage him given the opportunity.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

evilweasel posted:

Basically lot of people who dealt with Endie personally dislike him, but he's not any sort of space-threat so there's no reason or need to villainize him. But because endie needs a cross, he's woe is meing over how people actually not liking him is some byzantine 1984 hate-campaign.

Just for clarification since I wasn't in goons, what did Endie do while in goons? I've heard from some he organized campaigns or something? And what would cause people like Cal (whoever that is) to allude that he was going to be removed from The Star Chamber ( I assume that's like the small council)? Did Endie do a bad job or something?

Unfunny Poster posted:

You talk as though you've had similar experience.

It's always seemed kind of petty to me to disparage someone over how they choose to try and lead in a video game. I don't think anyone who steps up and tries to provide fun for other people can do so without attracting critics. Which is a shame, since intrinsically all people who lead stuff in MMOs are just doing so because they want to try and maximize fun for everyone, they don't really get anything out of it beyond that.
Unless you're getting bribed by Daybreak to shill bad survival games, I mean.

Like my getting kicked from Goonswarm over how I chose to lead things in ArcheAge was kind of silly, but it highlights the serious mental derangement of some of the people who play EVE, I guess. Which is contrasted with the very cool and chill nature of a lot of other people who are in goonswarm, I guess.

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Jan 24, 2016

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

evilweasel posted:

Endie was in charge of the GIA at some point, and at other points had no official role was basically an advisor. Other people took over the GIA, so he no longer had a specific job, so it wasn't like he was doing a bad job - he wasn't doing any job. I think he was offered CD repeatedly and turned it down, and turned down other things to do. But while we used to have a lot of people who were just around for advice or good-old-boys club, that's been changed - you have to actually be active and do something to stay in leadership channels. If you're not, then it's no hard feelings: people get bored or burnt out all the time. There's like no directors I can think of who were fired for being incompetent (the only one who got fired for loving something up got back in because he's actually great and learned from it, and that's a really great quality to be able to take a fuckup like that and learn from it), it's almost always just that they're no longer really doing anything.

And sometimes they come back (more rarely than we'd like, unfortunately): Xttz is now back after being removed since he'd gotten bored of the game and inactive for a while :toot:

Based on that I don't really see a reason for any drama, except maybe if people were upset that endie left for PL.

Endie posted:

I did some spying stuff, some diplomacy and stuff. A lot of what I did was kinda just talking to people: I was allowed to just go and speak to people in a way that would have got most people in trouble for demarcation, and occasionally that got us some good results.

I posted a kinda me-post on my blog when I left and I think that kinda was enough so read that if you really are weird enough to care.

I guess based on what both parties have said I don't see much reason for ill will on either side, seemed like you wanted to go do another thing which is fine and good so you did and seems like most goons are grateful for the work you did while in goonswarm so everything should be good? :toot:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Viva Miriya posted:

Check with deadtear on this but IRC dbrb is a pedo apologist and is actually a school teacher/still doing his thing in EVE online a horrible game.

And for the millionth time I don't support pedos. Please kill them on sight and go get them locked.

Eonwe posted:

Dbrb is absolutely a pedo apologist

He is the one that tried to sneak BFM back into the Archeage guild

Viva Miriya posted:

All I know about Archeage is that drama exploded re BFM. Lmao at DBRB's role in it though.

It exploded because DBRB was constantly trying to sneak BFM back into the guild (along with doublestep and a couple other idiots which I banned) and I ended up having to kick/ban a bunch of people for it, and I was only kicked from goonswarm because DBRB got so buttmad about it he couldn't handle himself. You can also blame DBRB for sitting in IRC trying to constantly drum up these little retarded rebellions with his circlejerk of players only to have them be constantly heckled and derided by normal people with actual common sense.

That and his literal sabotage in the guild starting from day one, which backfired because DBRB may be a hero in EVE, but he's just a sperg everywhere else.

Seriously it was amazing watching DBRB and Gicer loving blow a gasket trying to run AA like goonswarm and then having them rage out so hard I had to screencap it just so everyone could laugh about it later.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Eonwe posted:

oh, so he was involved in trying to get him back in the guild

okay

Yes, it was Dstep and DBRB and a bunch of other dummies from PL and goonswarm sitting in IRC feeling bad for DBRB for wanting to diddle children and bemoaning big ole' mean Kimsemus and Stormgale for not wanting to deal with their poo poo.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

almighty posted:

I too can't wrap my mind around the fact that ISRAD still keeps an obvious pedophile amongst their ranks. And the part that still infuriates me is that BFM is a US citizen, and he should have been prosecuted for the poo poo he pulled. And no, "Icelandic age of consent" doesn't mean jackshit. Federal law prohibits an American citizen or resident to travel to a foreign country with intent to engage in any form of sexual conduct with a minor (defined as persons under 18 years of age). BFM was in his early 20s when this thing happened, and the 'girl' was either 14 or 15.

Deadtear made BFM's case and called him out on Goonfleet back in the day. I respect him for this, but I also don't understand why he didn't take whatever he dug up to a federal prosecutor or LE.

Probably the same reason it took a blowup years later in a completely unrelated game for him to get banned off of SA. The first I had ever heard of BFM was when SCT tried to hide the fact he tried to gently caress a child and it all sounded so insane to me I thought it was an imp zone troll at first.

Just a really really bad problem with not following up I guess. to my knowledge BFM's posts were hellburned off the offsite even for fear of legal reprisal.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Ed Jurak posted:

why the gently caress isn't there screenshots of this in your post

Just a few of MANY gems.

CainFortea posted:

No, he's a shitheal sperg in Eve too. I think he only got his following because eve is a hard game, and being in comms wtih dbrb is hard as well. Sort of a dark souls type thing.

My favorite was him whispering goons in the middle of ~100ish man PVP raids asking why they were following me/Dodgy/Stormgale and not him and trying to split groups off and no one listening to him and then making fun of him in guild chat.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

vyst posted:

I'd just prefer to treat him as a human over some bullshit unsubstantiated scarlet letter poo poo.

Oh man that is some loving sweet irony coming from you.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

Ok hello I was the one that got bfm nuked from goonfleet and then years later here: Bob from marketing never touched the girl. what he did instead was groom (literally groom, look it up if you don't know the gross connotations) a mentally unwell 14 year old. When confronted he faked emails from her parents saying "yeah lol we love you you'd be awesome at being our son in law!!". He bragged constantly about his anime convention conquests and his viola chair. Anyone not retarded when talking to him came away feeling kinda greasy from the presence.
ps he convinced the crazy icetroll child to hold up signs saying "property of bfm" while obviously naked (but covered)

This is the real bfm story, he's not a legal pedophile because as far as I'm aware he never touched a child despite efforts, but it's a lot easier to say "oh yeah he's apedophile" than it is to loving explain the actual horrorshow he really is every time he comes up.

Hey look let me show you another creepy pedophile defender goon who brags about his weird convention conquests:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Unfunny Poster posted:

Also Free Kimsemus.

And Garr Khan too I guess.

:911:

Seriously though I'm sad I can't play with goons in EVE over DBRB having autism and thinking it's okay to gently caress children. Goons can be fun when you're just F1ing mans and not getting into the political intrigue.

On the other hand, Shadow Cartel is a lot of fun and the amount of rage I generate by denying Co2 content and killing their viceroy renters in bleak lands cannot be overstated.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Xolve posted:

:justpost:

I think I've heard more about the incident now, than I ever cared to.

Free Endie.
Free Blawf.
Mandozer is a good man.
Kimsemus is still a dumb piece of poo poo.

:smuggo:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
Hey can someone explain what goons get of doing viceroy things with did he say jump and other groups, I know you get 60% of their income or something but that's like...hundreds of isk.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Siets posted:

I really want the next CSM to just hammer on CCP about nullsec rewards. There are so many risk-averse pubbies that are content to just mill about in highsec making their blue collar dollar, but in my head I picture CCP dramatically buffing all things nullsec income and creating an 1800's California Gold Rush where suddenly everyone wants a piece of the pie.

I have to imagine that nothing lures back subscribers like new get-rich-quick mechanics, promises, and schemes and that ramping up nullsec rewards would do so much to fit CCP's supposed design model of risk vs. reward. Some of the most fun that I had in this game was dicking around on the Mordu undock and ninja'ing their missions for ridiculous ISK/LP ratios back when Garmurs and Orthruses first came out. I'd love to see poo poo like that all over nullsec. It would create endless hotspots to gank clueless missioning pubbies who, although they might get mad in the moment, realize they are making so much money anyways that they just fit up another Tengu and head out for another round later that evening. Twice the fun fighting on undocks now that you can pull relocation shenanigans with MJD's.

How many times does CCP have to fail at achieving their goals with nullsec before they finally realize that you need to go carrot-first rather than stick-first?

The irony of this statement is that right after Dominion, nullsec was in a really good place because anomaly spawns were simply tied to ratting indexes and ihub upgrades, not truesec. Then they made anomoly spawning directly tied to truesec, and a lot of nullsec space became poo poo again. This also cut the legs out from any smaller alliances (back when those were allowed to exist) that had access to some space, even if it wasn't "good" space.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Reverand maynard posted:

Too many 0.0 regions spread around the perimeter of the map for too little gain. You get 0.0 ratting in exchange for being on the loving edge of the map. Half of your potential power projection overlaps either empty parts of the map or it goes off the loving border. Lowsec has a much denser map which results in far more systems being in direct jump range of capitals.

CCP wants to get rid of top down income streams and yet lowsec has far more money moons in direct jump range of a given system than 0.0.

And we can sit grinding Level Vs all day. :3

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Reverand maynard posted:

moving the entire CFC into a single system and running lvl 5s there is my dream

I mean in theory there is no reason why this wouldn't work. I guess it'd crash the LP market pretty quick though.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Reverand maynard posted:

We either need citadels for it to work, fix the map, or an incentive for all the lowsec pvp groups to move to null.

It still won't work, regardless of that, because for many that live in lowsec, isk generation isn't their chief concern, PVP is. And no matter what you do, nullsec cannot duplicate the PVP rules of lowsec. Lowsec entities also project enough power to eliminate any viceroy entities they want currently (looking at you pred elite) and can overtake citadels and anything else in the area, before dissapearing, forcing null groups to constantly come to lowsec and then not get any content whatsoever. And you can't take a station in lowsec and can't rape cage a system, so there really isn't anything you can do if we/they don't want to fight.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

dialhforhero posted:

So what really IS the reason that bubbles/bombs/etc. can't be used in Low-sec? I guess I don't see any strong reason that can't be debunked by NPC-null or straight null as it is. I mean, jesus I can only imagine how different low sec would be if you could.

Then, of course, there'd be no 'gradual' shift between high sec and null sec but really what's the loss?

You've never been able to because lowsec was originally designed to be a mechanical stepping stone between high and null, but it has different rules, which encourages a completely different style of play and fighting. The use of HG slave pods as a norm in fits is just one of these things, but fights tend to be fought in point range in a lot of cases, and the use of blap dreads and other caps for hit and run and tactical benefit is widespread. Fleets typically have a much heavier emphasis on support ships in doctrines as well.

I've spent years FCing in both null and lowsec, and for these and other reasons, I find lowsec to be far more fun in terms of the fluidity of engagements and the flexibility in fitting. Also supers can be used a lot more frequently and brazenly, as (right now) only a scripted HIC can hold you down and it takes multiple per super.

What Hollow Talk said about our willingness to work together to push any null entity out is also true. I FC in Shadow Cartel, and Shadow Cartel and Snuff just finished a bitter war, but we will NIP and blue up in a heartbeat if threatened by any outside entity. We have our spheres and regions of influence and firmly entrenched political and economic holds in lowsec, and will fight and die to defend it, and since we fight where we live, we can sustain a war without fatigue far, far longer than any invading nullsec power. DHSJ and Pred's other friends are being hellburned now due in no small part to his bending the knee to the CFC, and allowing an outside entity to attempt to influence our political system. We're not diametrically opposed to the cfc or any nullsec entity since we don't share the same goals of spheres of influence, and the way I see it, goons and the cfc can rule all of null, but stay the gently caress out of my yard. Lowsec is the last vestige of true nomadic, violent PVP and shifting allegiances and nomadic warfare, and I'd like to keep it that way. As a goon I'm happy to see the massive success of GSF and the content it provides people, but I don't want my kind of warfare and my kind of fights to be taken away in low. And I certainly don't want to be influenced by null politics.

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Jan 29, 2016

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Reverand maynard posted:

He's been in SC for all of like three months so I think its just words

You word it like you're making some last stand at the alamo when "hey wanna fleet up and shot goons together?" is like the easiest rallying cry, doubly so since there isn't really assets we can take other than some r64s which we can't be bothered to hold that far from deklein.

6 months, but yeah that's basically what we do, just temp blue and fight nullsec. I just think the viceroy program is stupid and the people that fall for it are even more stupid. It's like you pay a portion of your income to have someone from null come help you, when we just dock up and wait for the batphone to leave then take whatever we're hitting anyway.

darth cookie posted:

Eve is our yard and so long as you play there is no place we can't or won't go to subjugate you if we feel like it.

And people accuse me of bluster. :smuggo:

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Jan 29, 2016

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Hollow Talk posted:

So how exactly does this "fighting nullsec" thing work if you regularly and reliably batphone both PL and NC at the same time? Do they somehow not count as nullsec entities anymore or is it just that you are too weak individually without these specific nullsec entities? In fact, "shifting allegiances" seems to mean "whoever we can batphone to make sure we can win this fight against whoever we are fighting", which in regards to the "Lowsec Voltron" either suggests that none of the regular intra-lowsec fights actually matter or that you have a severe case of communal amnesia that lets you put aside your no doubt substantial, important and overall very real differences if somebody threatens "your playstyle" (which, in translation, simply means your dominion over everybody even weaker).

edit: Or does "nomadic" PvP now mean pretty much the same thing as "we are playing Counterstrike or a MOBA, where nothing that happened in a previous round matters, and where teams are reset for each new match"? That would explain the NC/PL thing.

In all the time I've been there, SC has never batphoned NC or PL. PL has shown up during fights, and most of the time they perish (Or we simply don't engage them). I'm sure other lowsec entities probably have at some point. There are absolutely weaker entities who will if they can, but in my time there, Snuff/Tissue and SC hasn't called upon a nullsec entitiy to interfere with our war, but I can say as bitter as the last one was, we immediately went to batphoning each other against cfc fleets. If that is what you mean by communal amnesia, we've demonstrated it more than once.

Ego aside, you couldn't reliably invade us any more than we can invade anywhere in nullsec. Co2 and other alliances have tried, consistently, to either third party fleets or have been batphoned by pred and others, and also consistently just get blue balled. https://zkillboard.com/br/68355/ Is a good example of Did He Say Jump batphoning elements of the CFC, dying anyway before the null fleet got there, and us just docking up waiting for the null fleet to leave before we took their tower anyway. I'm not saying that happens every time, but that is what happens, and will happen, most of the time.

As for the intra-lowsec fights not mattering, the last major war we had, we shifted some hundred or so money moons between four alliances in a war, it very much mattered. We lost a bunch of moons in one region, took a bunch in another one, and that's more or less how our ghetto sov shifted. You just don't see it on an influence map. The nomadic part comes in where, like now, we're in the Bleak Lands making GBS threads on DHSJ for someone else, and now we're leaving to go fight another group.

I hope that clears it up, just my perspective.

CainFortea posted:

The difference here is that we don't dress it up as some kind of ~~elite pvp~~ bullshit.

I really don't think I did that at all. Even though statements along the lines of "well we could take your poo poo if we wanted to" that other people have made are loving retarded. I'm not discounting the power the cfc wields, and I'm not saying we're somehow better or more honorable or other stupid poo poo like that, I'm simply saying that lowsec is a different way of playing the game and I don't want to see it homogenized with null. That's all.

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Jan 29, 2016

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

crew posted:

I was led to believe that strong black lowsec alliances dont need no moons because they dont have srp as it is a crutch for weak and bad players and their members are independently wealthy.

Oh god no I don't know what people would do without SRP. We definitely try to SRP everything and I think a lot of people are dependent on it.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

MorsAnima posted:

sponsor me into SC. have nyx, will use for isk. that's basically your entrance reqs right

Pretty sure you have SC confused with PL?

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Libluini posted:

To be fair, I also consider your opinions pants-shittingly retarded, so I guess this goes both ways. :shrug:

It's only funny because fruitnyogurt is consistently one of the voices of reason in this thread. :v:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

:eyepop:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

basically if you're a part of 'gaming media' you're not allowed to be on the CSM, because it's a total conflict of interests.

TMC is classified as 'gaming media' because they post content about games other than eve, whereas other sites that stick strictly to eve are fine.

H1Z1 killed sion.

I could be wrong, but TMC also has (had?) paid employees (actual money not ISK) and I think that was another qualifier they might have used, stacked against, say, EN24.

Or maybe CCP just doesn't like goons anymore, IDK. They've seemed pretty hostile lately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Xolve posted:

Just going off on a limb here, but maybe, just maybe, having a CSM member pen and publish a piece essentially calling another group of players 'not a community' might not be the well received by the snow faerie worshipers in Iceland.

Just a thought.

No arguments here. I don't know enough about sion to really postulate, but if you poo poo where you eat, you shouldn't be surprised when you later eat poo poo in turn.

Also that video... :yikes:

• Locked thread