Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Aurain posted:

Also Polnareff becomes a turtle.

I always feel bad when I think about how Polnareff is stuck as a turtle for the rest of his life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Senor Candle posted:

Why did Josuke's mom freeze his bank accounts after he won and start charging him for meals? Since she froze his account he can't get at the money so how is he supposed to pay for food?

Josukes mom isnt that smart. Joseph seems to have a 'type'

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

I [22m] think I'm being gaslighted by my best friend [17m]'s grandfather [67m]'s eternal archnemesis [120m]... (self.relationships)
Posted by ChariotDude11

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

dogsicle posted:

do any dogs die from Parts 5 to 7? i can't remember, and Part 8 still has Iwasuke alive so that's out.

Jolyne throws a rock at an alligators head and then tells it to gently caress off

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Was the bit with Nukesaku shooting DIO in the original, I feel like thats new. I loved it

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Million Ghosts posted:

He did twice, first some time back in the day for Killer Queen, and again for Bites The Dust.

Wait, what? I thought Kira was a natural stand user. Or maybe I made this up in my own head because Ive only read Duwang.

I always thought they said his intense desire to cover up his crimes is what caused his stand to awaken: Something that can turn anything into bombs and explode away pesky evidence.

Didnt he get Killer Queen after killing the ghost girl who was his only "normal" kill.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Sky High is easily one of the dumbest stands in the entire series.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

My favorite part re: Jolyne is that shes consistently drawn with an aggressive face and hard arms and legs... ... ... ...except when shes under the influence of Jail House Lock, then Araki starts drawing her much more conventionally attractive. Maybe Arakis into confused, easily exploitable women.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Cerebral Bore posted:

Actually I'd say that she's consistently drawn with an aggressive face and hard arms and legs except when she's being a big ol' goof. It's just that Jail House Lock is like 80-90% Jolyne being a big ol' goof.

Is it true that Jail House Lock spoiled The Sixth Sense for people in Japan (presumably because Sixth Sense didnt see wide release before the chapter came out), or is that another Araki Said

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

just wait until you get to the snails.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

minoru suzuki posted:

i just got there.

this is the weirdest loving series

e: he just summoned the 1973 dolphins what the gently caress

NOW just wait until you get to the explanation of the snails, lol.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Fungah! posted:

the bad guy summoning larry csonka to beat the poo poo out of jolyne is like one of my favorite jojo's moments ever. people give the end of stone ocean a lot of poo poo but man are there some great moments

Stone ocean gave me fight fatigue, they needed to spend more time in Burnin Down the House hanging out

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Id be incredibly down for a readalong, Ive actually never read the retranslation of 4 and this would give me a good excuse.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJJVMyV-odU

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

My mom just adpoted a poorly trained 7 year old Boston and he always wants to play, and he will look up at you and bark when he wants attention and he has the exact same face as when Iggy slinks away from the party during the D'arby fight in the original OVA.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Beef Chief posted:

I will probably never play Seventh Stand User, because I just cannot muster up the ability to care about it.

I cant play it because i get BULLSHIT memory errors if i play for more than 10 minutes

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

dogsicle posted:

1. mountain tim
1. hot pants
3. blackmore
4. johnny
5. soundman

i've aired my dirty laundry

1. Jolyne (Only when shes mindwiped)
2. The lady with the huge rack on Swindlers Street
3. Josukes Mom
4. The girl Hol Horse dumped
5. Melone

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Ekusukariba posted:

But Melone is a dude

You must be mistaken, Im talking about the blonde with the crazy blindfold.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Silver2195 posted:

You do know that your #4 is actually an ugly woman wearing an attractive woman's skin like a suit, right?

Also, I miss the ban on waifuchat in the Zorak era. I hope Bad Seafood brings it back.

I mean, I might be joking. Retarded Jolyne is something a psychopath would say.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Superstring posted:

1. Holly Kujo
2. Jotaro's Mom
3. Joseph's Daughter
4. Seiko Kujo
5. Holy Joestar

Hello Kakyoin

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Araki drew the main character of Usogui as part of its 10 year anniversary celebrations.
https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=11189

Usogui sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Gods of Manga shouldnt allow any non-fukamoto gambling 'gas

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

My favorite little "Josuke is an rear end in a top hat" is at the start of Highway Star when he bumps into Rohan and he says something along the lines of "I didnt cheat, the fire was an accident, and your house burned down a whole day ago so give it a rest already!"

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Momomo posted:

Rohan's the guy that literally kidnapped his friend and tore pieces of his face off though, so being an rear end in a top hat to him is pretty different.

Oh I know, I just like Josukes little "Ugh, that happened a day ago, get over it already", its such a lovely teen thing to say

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

My favorite part of the whole OP is koichi walkin by in this scene, lookin like hes doing the Stairs Gag

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdeRinCdS9A

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Llab posted:

Jolyne just relieved herself while floating and in a cloud created by Weather Report. I don't often say this, but what the poo poo, Araki?

Shes pretty jealous of snails too.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Moltrey posted:

Yeah it's really telling and cool that the first time we see Kira 8 interact with his parent, it's him being a whiner, not caring about the life of another and only what he wants only for his mom telling him to shut up and use Sheer Heart Attack to save someone's life.

Kira 8 made me wonder for a while how useful Killer Queen would be as a Stand if you weren't a murder and didn't care about killing people, I wish that had been explored more

Killer Queen can explode anything, right? He never touched Fatty, but he blew up the button and threw it at Fatty, so it can be used on non living objects. I can imagine there would be a LOT of use for something that can cleanly and precicely eliminate obstruction. Youd never have to worry about arterial plaque for one.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Even the thickest and most complicated vault door would be nothing in front of Kira. He could have had an exciting life as a cat burglar.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

mr. stefan posted:

Beware the stand of hato hikashigata, [DANCING QUEEN]

Daiyas still had King in her stand name.

Ive been wondering whats up with Tsurugi since his stand is Paper Moon and doesnt fit the naming scheme. Maybe hes a bastard?

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Welp, there goes that idea. IDK where I got it in my head that it was Paper Moon

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Welp, there goes that idea. IDK where I got it in my head that it was Paper Moon

e: I wasnt aware you could even double post by clicking the post button too fast anymore

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

FirstAidKite posted:

I hope to one day see the ending to stone ocean animated if only for these 3 pages

So good

Uhh, this is loving rough. I had it in my head that Jolyne died because her heart unwound after tying up Emporio and the dolphin unraveled her to death, not that Pucci loving eviscerated her.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

I don't think there's anyone in this thread willing to defend that poo poo, it was horrible.

He's still an interesting character.

Uh, its not like he just jumped Yashuo completely randomly and coldly tried to molest her. She was under the effect of Paper Moon King, thought he was Gappy and was enthusiastically calling out to him. I mean, he stopped as soon as she said the wrong name, or maybe he got punched by her at that point, but it was the result of Stand Fuckery and wasnt him being a predator.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Johnny Joestar posted:

something something he was new to killing and hadn't fully gotten down his signature style + didn't want to hang around. also i assume he didn't have his stand by then?

His daddy shoots him with his copy of the Arrow after the messy, messy Reimi business IIRC

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Is everyone stretching out thier vowels an affectation of the Higashikata family or is it just something the Jojolion scanlators are doing on thier own

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Moltrey posted:

Is it weird that we root for Kira, a bad hand man, more than Anasui? That feels weird!

Don't feel bad about it. Kiras a well written character. I've noticed a LOT of people on here and the StardustCrusaders subreddit, and just on the internet in general, who always seem to feel the need to qualify thier appreciation of a character like Kira.

Nobody is going to think youre a mass murderer because you can emphasize with Kira. Depictions of something doesnt mean you endorse that thing by liking the depiction.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Johnny Joestar posted:

i think people wanting to gently caress serial killers is a decades-old phenomenon, even

Mrs. Kawajiri certainly felt that way

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

BaDandy posted:

I really do enjoy the fact that Araki can write engaging villains that are likeable without making them sympathetic. Mmmmost of the time, I mean, Valentine would have been absolutely perfect if Araki didn't feel the need to make him come across as skeezy wtr Lucy,

She just needed to be made as Docile as a Winter Catfish.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Naerasa posted:

If the great Rohan Kishibe wants to use his stand before he gets it or has even heard of stands, who are we to question his genius?

Rohans a natural stand user in my Headcanon.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Waffleman_ posted:

From the anime thread

Can't wait for RPS.

I was just about to say "I bet Rohan would" in that thread, then I remembered RPS Kid and had to keep my mouth shut.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

If we are just talking about convention I could survive with Josuke vs Jousuke. I hope after Jojolion wraps up we can pick a better name than Josuke to refer to the part 8 protagonist. Hopefully he starts going by Josefumi in the story and there wont be two josukes anymore.