Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

The animations leave a little to be desired in that trailer but honestly I'm glad for more Fallout and will probably put 100+ hours again into this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Vault 420

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Bulkiest Toaster posted:

They should do that Fallout game set in Florida that got cancelled. I would buy that.

Same tbh

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I'm playing through Fallout 3 and it's super weird. I'm enjoying it but I never finished the game and I don't remember any of it since I haven't touched it since it came out.

I'm not big on the percentages thing that they do, I much prefer passing a speech check or whatever if you have the proper points or whatever.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Yeah I remember why I dropped Fallout 3 the last time. I don't like the tunnels and stuff like that. It takes me out of the game. I dunno.

I'm really big on Westerns and stuff so New Vegas really hits that groove.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

So Fallout Shelter isn't getting an Android release?

I mean come on Bethesda aren't the Androids made in Boston where the new game takes place :colbert:

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Fallout Shelter is out for iOS: https://t.co/FX5vIMg22U

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Fallout 4 looks dope as gently caress and I'm so excited it's coming out in November.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Volkerball posted:

my brother and i fist bumped hard as poo poo when he announced the release date

Hell yeah, waiting on Amazon to put up the Pip-Boy edition preorder. I was going digital but gently caress man I'm so stoked.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Fallout 4 Pip-Boy Edition is up on Amazon, $120: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00YQ2KCWO/15-24-20/

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Son of Rodney posted:

game good!!!

That's me playing FO4 this weekend

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

crime fighting hog posted:

I sucked at Destiny. Will I suck at this?

Yeah probably.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

revmoo posted:

San Fran would be rad.

Also I think Miami could be pretty cool, get a little bit of a waterworld vibe going.

As someone born and raised in Miami If love the chance to experience a Fallout game here.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Starhawk64 posted:

Is there a console command to change my character's face? I don't think he looks goony enough.

Also, why is adhesive used for everything? I'm half-tempted to use a console command and give myself an unlimited supply, I wanna make cool guns not scavenge for glue all the loving time! :argh:

Diamond City has a Plastic Surgeon doesn't it? I haven't reached it yet but I'm sure someone mentioned it.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

So is anyone rolling a gunslinger style character? If so how did you build the special for it and all?

Just looking for some ideas.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Zaphod42 posted:

Put like 3-4 points in everything, then put lots of points in perception and agility.

If you want to use VATS a lot, put lots of points into Luck.
Get the luck based crit skills and poo poo as well as rifleman and stuff.

If you want to use mostly manual shooting, don't take luck higher than 2-3.
Get the obvious skills like gun nut and rifleman and go to town. Pretty straight-forward.

Also consider if you want to go into sneaking or not. If so put more points into agility and get the sneaking perks.

Everybody is treating SPECIAL like its really complicated but its actually extremely simple and straightforward. I love it SO much more than F3 or Skyrim's perks.

:psyboom:

Special isn't hard for me usually. I'm sure I'm making it harder on myself for this game though lol.

Thanks a bunch though dude.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

ShadowMar posted:

settlements are Good but i hope they patch it to make them function better and add more reasons to do them besides aesthetics and minor resource gains

I wouldn't be surprised if one of the DLCs was centered around building settlements.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

ShadowMar posted:

sorry but,

Lmao

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Vargs posted:

Ten minutes after losing her child, husband, and upper-middle class suburban white bread lifestyle, World's #1 Mom decides that punk haircuts, miniguns, and uncomfortably-named Gas Station Fortresses are in, and dumb poopy babies are out.

Gonna be awkward when I actually get around to the main quest.

This loving owns.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Vargs posted:

Ten minutes after losing her child, husband, and upper-middle class suburban white bread lifestyle, World's #1 Mom decides that punk haircuts, miniguns, and uncomfortably-named Gas Station Fortresses are in, and dumb poopy babies are out.

Gonna be awkward when I actually get around to the main quest.

Is that haircut even in the game proper or is this a mod or what?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Whoa wait. That Gun isn't in this game?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

and you are surprised how

I just assumed it would be in the game always. Just as a thing they have always done. Oh well.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

2house2fly posted:

Woah. Hey guys. Welcome to the Pulowski Preservation Shelter.

Ahahaha you motherfucker.

Jesus loving Christ at the Swan Lake :captainpop:

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Inverness posted:

I've figured out how to eliminate one of my inventory issues without feeling like I'm cheating.

I'm going to use the console to view the carry weight of my companion then add that to my own. Instead of having to bother switching items around between the two of us I can just pretend my inventory is shared.

Kinda sorta wish the game did this by default just to make it easier on the player.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Ahahaha I was just about to post this lmao.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Lima posted:

Time for some Spot the Actor :v:

Ian McShane (plays Al Swearengen in Deadwood) and also the contact in one of the early Railroad missions.

Those wasteland cocksuckers.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Protons posted:

Does it enable really fast leveling?

Also wow no gun nut?

I'm running Savant now with 3 INT and it's just fine.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I just got up to Goodneighbor and tbh game is really owning.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Okay so every single time I switch out a companion for Dogmeat the game fucks up. I can switch him out but as soon as I send say Piper out for Dogmeat the game just stays stuck in conversation view.

If I walk away I can run around with Dogmeat but I can't interact with anything. :confused:

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

King Vidiot posted:

The only settlements I've bothered adding resources or defense to to any extent were the first Red Rocket and Sanctuary Hills, the rest I just helped out and said "The Minutemen did it!" and then left the dirt farmers to their dirt. I think that's good enough :shrug:

So has anybody else encountered that one guy (I think his name's Ash or some other three-letter name) who gets into a fight with his (presumably synth) doppelganger? I've ran into him twice, both times in or around Bunker Hill, and it's weird because the first time it happened the one that won the fight was like "that guy stole my face!" except the guy he killed had muscles and bones and bled blood. Then later I stumbled across him again and accidentally aggroed him when I mistook him or his doppelganger for a raider, both of them were out in the middle of nowhere on a deserted street shooting at each other.

His name is Art and I've only seen him once so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Gynovore posted:

Is this a plastic thing you shove an IPhone into? Or do it actually Do Stuff?

You shove a phone in there (hopefully it fits!) and use the app. There's also a bluetooth one that was $200 I think lmao.

• Locked thread