Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

So loving excited, I hope they go full on with a bad rear end dog companion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

I'm going to be a little controversial here and say I am super excited for this game.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Anybody know where I can find more crazy poo poo like that train hat earlier in the thread?

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

I'm gonna be controversial again and say Todd Howard is cool.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Man Whore posted:

actually the gun customization is a really good and cool idea and lol at you if you complain about it.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

I think the fully voiced player character is a great thing and the times of silent protagonists are kind of outdated and boring.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Inn really loving the stuff they're putting in fallout 4. I can't wait to build my own settlements. Also gun creating looks amazing.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Rutibex posted:

You know what a conversation is right? People talk back and fourth, so if the protagonist is talking in every conversation that means there can't be much more NPC lines than protagonist lines. If Fallout 4 is to have as much dialog as New Vegas it means that every NPC would have to speak four lines for every one line the protagonist speaks, which I don't think is likely.

You know with the newer consoles and PCs their limit of things to put in the games has risen greatly. Also your excuse is pretty dumb in general.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Where did they say you can bone every companion? Also so what if you could, you don't really have to. I found the romances in skyrim pretty bad so I never did them.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Fooz posted:

Choosing special is the most stressful part of any video game.

10 to luck and 1 to intelligence and distribute the rest whatever way you see fit.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Bholder posted:

Luck might not be a dump stat anymore

It never was :argh:

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Raygereio posted:

Either you had to go in yourself and Ron Perlman would praise you for following your father heroic example during the ending. Or you send Sarah Lyons in and Ron Perlman would call you a shithead. I suppose there was a third option in that you could simply do nothing and Project Purity would explode with you in it.
Broken Steel added the possibility of sending in Fawkes, Charon, or Sergeant RL-3, after which Ron Perlman would still call you a shithead.

You can go in yourself with broken steel and it would have you wake up 2 weeks later and recovering from radiation poisoning. At least that's what I remember.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

JackBadass posted:

Keyboard and mouse controls suck. Just face facts.

I recently played New Vegas on pc with mouse and keyboard and everything except the inventories and menus was perfectly fine. Skyrim on pc is perfectly fine with the keybaord and mouse except the UI. My point being is I have great faith that the game play will be fine, what I'm hoping for is the UI is improved. If not then mods will help.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Wait how is Fallout 4 going to be like mass effect? I fail to see any comparison.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

frajaq posted:

Voiced protag, dialogue system similar to the one in ME series, romanceable companions. Like those are supposed to be bad things :rolleyes:

It's not like mass effect invented these things.

And so what if there's romances, if people don't like it they don't have to do it. People are acting like the dialog selection was better before, honestly it wasn't. And I'm glad we have voiced protagonists.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

AEMINAL posted:

Is anyone else really excited to play this game for days and days

I cannot wait to put in multiple hundred hours into this game.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

frajaq posted:

ME 3 had the coolest guns and that's what really matters

3's multiplayer was downright amazing.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

JackBadass posted:

I wouldn't know because I couldn't get over the terrible everything else.

It was incredibly well made and very fun. It was magnitudes better than the single player. I hope they don't gently caress it up for the next mass effect.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

I think Boston is a way more interesting location than some shithole desert in Nevada.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

GhostBoy posted:

A small bit of news out of QuakeCon

IGN says: The mod tools won't be out until sometime next year. So we have a few blessed months of The Real Fallout(TM), before the net explodes in nudity mods.

Nude mods find a way.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Cis scum will perish in the wasteland

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

I'd imagine New York being the target of multiple nukes.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

True enough

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

I like that Hawaii idea somebody earlier wrote. I thought it was cool.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

7c Nickel posted:

In other news.

Emil during the production of Fallout 3.

Emil now.

Good for him.

Looks like Scott Grimes

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

JackBadass posted:

You mean that thing console players are also getting?

You mean a watered down, filtered product the consoles are getting?

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Nuebot posted:

Yeah I doubt there will be big project nevada styled things for the console. No MCM and such. But like I can see the console mod workshop letting console users browse through the PC made like, guns and followers and stuff.

That's the least I expect of the console mods. I imagine it would be on par with Stream Workshop at least if not worst.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Shugojin posted:

Nah it's actually a code name for a dancing game featuring todd howard and chris roberts.

Day one purchase.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

jeff8472 posted:

I was watching a gameplay breakdown video where they paused the video a lot pick out tiny details. One i found interesting was just looking at bodies will show a quick inventory and you can loot without going into the inventory transfer screen.

It also looks like RAD will take away overall health. Severe rad poisoning might leave you with only 25 hp for example

Do you have a link? It sounds interesting.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Awesome thanks. That breakdown is pretty cool.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Noice

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

It seems they are really doing some great stuff with this game. Also cannot wait to shoot limbs off

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

JackBadass posted:

The only names he knows are "Todd" and "Howard".

And Mr fuckface

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

I really loved the story and idea behind Ulysses but the execution was way too lackluster.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

That's honestly way loving worst

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

SunAndSpring posted:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k6yZleNirrDuDscp83u

have a horrible lovely video leaked from gamescom you horrible shitheads

Alright I fastforwarded to a random part and saw a ghoul with no arm crawling to the player and it looked baller as gently caress. GOTY 2015

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Also the smoke effect from the weapons look really nice.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

SunAndSpring posted:

Lots of reused assets from what I saw. Glad to see they spent their 2+ years of development well.

How can you tell from the quality of that video?

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

SunAndSpring posted:

The gameplay looks exactly like Fallout 3's, which is even more disappointing considering that I thought at least the gunplay was gonna be better. Maybe I should hold my judgment for when I see footage of them fighting people with guns, but none of the enemies really reacted to getting shot. Compare this to F.E.A.R., where enemies will get knocked on their rear end, stumble, and get knocked off balance when you shoot them.

Man, you suck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Rutibex posted:

I don't quite get this. Ghouls aern't magical zombies, why wouldn't losing an arm or leg put them into shock and make them bleed out like any other living creature? It's not like we see any Ghouls with missing limbs in other Fallout games.

The npc ghouls that talk maybe but the ones you find that attack you for no reason are pretty much mindless zombies.

• Locked thread