Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

actual catgirl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

POLICE CAR AUCTION posted:

Really hoping they add goblin dailies. I've loved those little shits since way back in xi.
... Is this a joke?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Klades posted:

Never not potato.
Excuse me that is clearly a short Viera. :colbert:

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

I pretty sure the "click aetheryte to teleport to it" feature was added fairly recently. I remember reading a patch note about it.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

ilifinicus posted:

Clicking teleports has been in since June 5th, 2014

you guys :sigh:
... :shrug:

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Furnaceface posted:

can I avoid tanking as a Marauder?
No. Maurader is a tank.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Ridinspinnaz posted:

every time I go to the official forums a tiny part of my dies but I can't stop myself
Every time I try to follow a link to a specific post it doesn't work. :shrug:

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

flipoff posted:

drat, I only got the arcanist book from that event
Should've finished it then. The clothing was for progress, the weapons for turning in rewards from the fates.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Shabooty posted:

to actually do glamours you need to level the right DoH? i didn't see any prisms on the marketboard
You were probably searching wrong. Note that the serch only matches your input text to the start of item names, and glamour prisms start with "Grade <number>". So if you were looking for "Glamour" you won't find poo poo.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Rei_ posted:

Don't even bother looking at it, all you know is if you squint real hard one light is blinking different than the others
I didn't even know they were blinking. Which goes to show how well this alleged mechanic works, if it exists.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Also depends on how insane the dungeons are driving you. Churning Mists fates will be a good break from running the Vault over and over and over even if you're a tank or healer.
SICKNESS MUST BE PURGED.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

sword_man.gif posted:

maim, butcher's block, and skull sunder all generate wrath
only if you combo them and he used Butcher's Block much more than the skill it combos off of.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Forward_Bee posted:

Should I take up Weaving?
You should take it to 50 to be able to repair your own gear with and then drop it.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Pikachu posted:

Yeah, Singularity Reactor is a really fuckin cool fight, just a shame that it's pretty easy
I hope we get Singularity Reactor Bard Mode or something.

Fister Roboto posted:

It's really easy to make money in this game if you know what you're doing. What are you planning to do with the red scrip anyway? You can easily make all the current CUL recipes with the <150 gear.
Because they're never going to add more recipes that will require red scrip/melded i170 crafted gear, right?

Gammatron 64 posted:

I kinda want to do a Greco-Roman glamour. As far as I know, I'm going to want the Noct set and Flame Elite Set. It's... gonna take a long time farming allied seals, isn't it?
There's copies of the Noct gear available on a vendor in Azys La.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Does anybody have a link to the Alex 4 music?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Eimi posted:

Au'ra hime cut for Midlanders Yoshi Please.
Ridiculous pompadours for everybody please.

EDIT: with jiggle physics.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Sentient Data posted:

Multiple characters probably relies on mail, but there's no real reason to have multiple characters on the same server that I can think of
You can only mail people on your friends list and you can't get your alts on your friends list.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Dr Pepper posted:

I kinda like the whole Class/Job thing as it's like how in FF1 you could promote to a better version of your starting jobs.
This was also, importantly, one way.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

seorin posted:

I just want a / command to change your title so I can use a different title for every class without it being annoying levels of effort.

Also multiple glamours for different classes on one item. This is one part where the current endgame is really lacking. I shouldn't have to dress my PLD the same as my DRK just because they share gear. :colbert:
I want titles and glamour to be saved with the gear set.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Ignimbrite posted:

That's explained a little into the Heavensward story.

If you talk to the ones in Mor Dhona they get all stuttery because they're afraid of you :v:
Isn't there one non-talkable guard that actively looks away from you if you get near them during that?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

dreffen posted:

Hey everyone tell me your thoughts on Vit accessories.
They're pretty good if you saute them with plenty of garlic and serve with red wine.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Vermain posted:

Sorry, I meant the 57% mitigation you mentioned vs. the 43% base mitigation from defense (57 - 43 = 14). I might just be misunderstanding the equation badly.

100 - 43 = 57.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

nuru posted:

I think the Moonfire Faire last year was the first seasonal event I encountered, so /bombdance and the yuakatas were pretty great to see. More pretty glamour clothing this year too it looks like. :unsmith:
Dyeable clothing, too.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Athenry posted:

Still waiting on that dancer's outfit they teased before HW's launch.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/playguide/db/recipe/a0f287ff7ae/

That?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

sword_man.gif posted:

clear prisms are 200 gil each and glamour prisms themselves are 1 clear and 2 of some mid-level material, like steel ingots
Most but not all of which can be bought from various beastman vendors.

(I don't think the leather or silver ingots are available from vendors anywhere, at least.)

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Frog Act posted:

So I spent a good amount of time over the past couple days doing my relic weapon quest. i sort of went back and forth between story quests and the relic stuff and, lo and behold, the relic was a significant downgrade from some blue staff I had

Can I glamour things to look like my relic weapon?
Yes.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

RC Cola posted:

When is patch 1.1 supposed to be?
Sometime in late 2010/early 2011, probably.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Mr. Nice! posted:

Thank you for confirming for me. I haven't ran that dungeon in a while.

also an HQ 133 axe is better than the dreadwyrm. You lose a couple points of strength and vit, but it has the same weapon damage and killer substats.
Isn't strength a big enough deal and substats a small enough deal that this is not better?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Fair enough.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Garin posted:

Hi guys have a Where's Waldo.

My dragoon does not exist because I only have lancer high enough for Invigorate, what's the punchline?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Ineptitude posted:

As for tanks the limited gameplay i have tried so far seems a tad more interesting but the overall pace of the game is slow. A global cooldown (to borrow the term from WoW) is 2.5 seconds in FFXIV which feels artificially slow to me. It also stresses me out that i do not have any self heals, being used to playing healers or hybrids for 15 years of MMO's. The tanks seem kinda same'y as well. I think the first 4 skills i got as a marauder and a as a gladiator were literally identical. Looking through their skill tree there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of interesting skills.
Skills you gain from your class and job quests don't show up until you've completed those quests.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Hivac posted:

I don't understand how people enjoy wow's GCD with all the buttons and longass complex rotations and animations that come very close to gmod flailing
I played a rogue which as I remember had an even shorter GCD. FF14's is downright relaxing. I have time to actually think about what I'm gonna do next!

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

sethimothy posted:

I am curious: all jobs have at least one evolution of their job; some have two. Is there ever a time I'll go, for example, "Yeah I think today I want to be a Marauder instead of a Warrior?"
Nope. The wider cross-class skill selection is not worth losing your job abilities and the stat bonus for equipping the soul gem.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

armoredgorilla posted:

One exception is if you're running a 24 man and really want to annoy the piss out of the other parties with Provoke spam from your team.
Okay it is not worth it mechanically, but might be for some weird gimmick.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Niton posted:

For anyone who doesn't remember 2.0 Warrior, or wasn't playing back then:

Defiance didn't grant max HP - Wrath stacks did. Which you had to lose to use Inner Beast.. which didn't reduce damage taken. And Vengeance was just a damage reflect. And you couldn't even Holmgang bosses.

It was pretty bad.
No, Defiance granted some HP, but I think less than it does right now.

The increased healing was tied to wrath stacks and topped out at definitely less. And Steel Cyclone didn't have enmity boost on it.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

WobblySausage posted:

For NIN should a huton be able to be done in between one global cooldown skill and another? I have trouble getting a two mudra skill off, let alone a three.
You eventually get a combo ability which means you shouldn't need to recast it in combat. Until then, my GCD with Huton up is about 2 seconds, and the recast on the mudras is 0.5 and I think activating a ninjutsu is also 0.5 so it's not really possible for me to do a 3-mudra ninjutsu without clipping a GCD, even if they always went off flawlessly which they don't.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Solefald posted:

Yeah I wasn't really aware until I was told. The party I was in was incredibly surprised we survived Brayflox's Longstop with an amateur Maurader!
You were doing way less enmity and were much less survivable than you should be.

Also while you're leveling GLD you'll wanna keep going until 22 for Provoke, the only taunt in the game.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

Is there a newbie guide that explains how leveling up other classes and stuff works? My Lancer is level 24 now but I need to get to 15 in Marauder as well as 30 in Lancer to become a Dragoon, should I start working on that or just ignore it? Should I pick a crafting/gathering class so I can swap back and forth while adventuring to do stuff?

This is all new and confusing to me.
A thing people seem to have missed mentioning is that Dragoon is just a straight upgrade to Lancer. It uses the same experience. If you're a level 34 Lancer and you have Dragoon unlocked, you're a level 34 Dragoon. So when you hit 30 Lancer, at the latest, go get Marauder to 15 so you can be a Dragoon. You don't then have to level up Dragoon instead.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Baron Von Pigeon posted:

Is there a reason why I wouldn't be able to get this quest? I have done the quest to unlock armor dying and I've still got my monk artifact armor. When I talk to Alys she doesn't offer me this quest, only the hardmode Ultima Weapon fight.
Have you tried taking the quest she's offering and seeing if she then offers another one? and if that doesn't work try finishing the quest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I would love a pompadour but give it to women too, then have all the women at that limsa bar have it.
I want their /sit too.

• Locked thread