Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Are there any sites with the new skill info that weren't taken down by turbohitler yoshiP?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

brokenknee posted:

no we meant potato

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

tithin posted:

How long until the servers go back up?

Roughly 6 hours barring any issues

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Can you buy cashshop items (specifically fantasias) for other people?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Stormgale posted:

Yes you can buy them in code form to give to other people to redeem

Cool, thank you.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Thumbtacks posted:

Hey i'm in a queue now

Thumbtacks posted:

oh wait nevermind 2002

This was a real rollercoaster

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Does the AST card that lowers cooldowns make them tick faster for 15 seconds regardless of if it was already on cooldown, or does the ability have to be used while under the effects of the card?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
if you dislike a thing, you're probably autistic.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
So I realized I (probably?) never entered my actual Heavensward code and had just been using the preorder one from GMG. Well I typed it in on the mog station and it says the code has already been redeemed and is thus invalid. I currently have no confirmation circle next to Heavensward on my account page, does that mean I'm just completely hosed in a few hours if I don't spend another $40?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Are you sure? The email lists two codes, one of which is listed as a preorder and the other as a "game activation code". Either way knowing I'm fine until the 27th means I'll just have some chill for a while, thanks.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Thumbtacks posted:

:siren: SPOILERS HERE :siren:

FATE DESCRIPTION:

"After five millennia offline, Proto Ultima has restored auxiliary power and begun a full systems check. To recharge its main power cells, the Allagan killing machine has deployed several aether collectors guarded by some of the most frightening of the fallen empire's godless creations."

FATE VIDEO: (is still processing)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AexXMSHn1y8

lmao that FATE name

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

a kitten posted:

Are there Lalafel kids to? They must be soooo tiny.

In FFXI there were Tarutaru kids and they were pretty small, I don't think there's been any lalafell kids in game yet though

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

KoB posted:

Regardless of your bad taste, you get the best pose and dance out of it.

That's not how you get the harvest dance though

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Are there any guides available for the new gathering stuff? Specifically hidden items from Luck of the Pioneer and w/e the miner version is.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Are there any commonly used strats for the last boss of Library? I've only done it once and it was with a mumble premade so it was easy to bark orders over voice, and if there's something duty finder groups have been doing I'd rather just learn that for the future.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

that sounds loving sweet

Yeah that sounds ownage

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I have played WoW on and off since launch and I can probably count on my hands the number of times I've seen people be mega super elitist about DPS numbers in non serious progression content.

Yeah this. I seriously don't know where this comes from I never encountered it, and I was even Bad at one point.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Tenzarin posted:

Advanced Combat Tracker(ACT) with the rainbow mage overlay plugin

If there's interest I could write up a crash course in some html and you guys could customize the overlay yourself.

Please do because I don't understand technology

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Rei_ posted:

same tho

{Same}

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Ciaphas posted:

Until and unless you source your quotes I'm taking that as you saying it and silently judging the poo poo out of you :colbert:

Sourcing your quotes is a coward's tactic and it's only honorable to stick to your fakepost.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
lol I never noticed Machinists got an ability with orz as the icon

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Was Fell Cleave really that noisy? I never noticed it in dungeons but I definitely noticed Meditation and Broil all the time.

e: it might be warriors in my parties not using Deliverance and thus never using FC though

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

kharaa posted:

I keep finding myself wishing this game had the option to automatically switch to a cold-weather glamour set whenever I'm in Coerthas or whatever.

I wish titles were tied to armor sets so I could use <Annihilator> on Warrior and <the Mythril Heart> on Black Mage without manually switching each time

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I default my commendation to the dps who was closest to me on threat unless the healer does something particularly amazing.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
FFXI owned

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
so inquiring minds want to know; what IS the 1300 dps black mage rotation? i got a lot of great openers from the ffgoons thread the other day but I didn't see much talk about actual rotations beyond

Tenzarin posted:

Buffs>(2x fire4>fire1) repeat intill oom or 10s on enochain > bliz 3 > bliz 4 > repeat

Enochain about to wear off and its not off cd> use all your mana in fire 2.0 dps mode > bliz 2.0 dps mode > repeat or go back to enochain rotation

e: unless you just mean proper cooldown usage/knowing when to switch to F4 > F1 instead of 2x F4, etc

Countblanc fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Jul 9, 2015

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Verranicus posted:

Jesus Christ.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/247046-Children-to-become-playable

There's one person in this thread who REALLY wants children and halfbreeds to be playable.

The only halfbreed we've seen looked real cool though

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I like when people make lalafells look fierce but most people don't.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Rand Brittain posted:

The best thing about lalafells is how everybody takes them completely seriously and nobody in the game ever treats them as children or adorable or in any way less worthy of serious consideration than, say, a roegadyn.

The worst thing about lalafells is that I can't figure out a way to make the above rule compatible with a flat prohibition on talking about them in any kind of sexual context.

The game literally has old men lalafells talking about loving catgirls at the beach

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I liked the lalafell lady who laments that her aging husband doesn't have a hot warrior bod anymore

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I like in the 52 AST quest when the lady's dad's death is revealed and the guy trainer is like "truly the dagger can wound us, but perhaps the gravity of such a moment is even stronger. If only we could harness this gravity to hurt our foes..." and then you learn Gravity

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
You can level together, I did it with someone until 44 (nothing stopped us, he just unsubbed), but it's a pain to reinvite people for all the random solo cutscenes and mini-instances and such. Not a big enough hurdle to stop you from doing it if you want.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Doublestep posted:

Cuties is a great fc if you have crippling depression or an addiction for bridgeburning

I do.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I'll stop wanting parsers when SE makes it impossible to tell when tanks and healers are doing poorly (so never)

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Arrgytehpirate posted:

What about just a individual DPS meter then? Something that people who care can look at and compare with their friends and shitlords can just lie and be loving awful like they would anyways.

or we could add DPS meters

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

SirPhoebos posted:

I skipped through the 2.55 cutscenes. I guess I just had enough PLOT to churn through, and it was pretty easy to figure out what happens.

This guy owns

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

POLICE CAR AUCTION posted:

post more cattes instead of gitgud talk you fuckheads

"Catte"

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I hope those kids get their lemoncake in 3.1

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Also Clemency is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Belzac posted:

Hey dummy. It's not the Paladin, it's the loving Knight.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Knight_(Job)

*Naito

• Locked thread