Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
If I remember right the mark was allowed to inflate to the point where they could quickly burn through reparations payments and then put at a set mark : pound sterling ratio (think it was 4:1? something like that).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

exploded mummy posted:

for a long while the only people moderating D&D were a dude who does not live in the US and somewhere on the other side of the world, a dude in the UK who only moderated one thread, and a dead guy

I forgot to put a 6er while waiting for the queue, :cripes:

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Rent-A-Cop posted:

If your drone and your bomb are on two different remotes what jams one may not jam the other. if you lose control of your drone detonating the bomb and hoping for a golden bullet makes some kind of sense.

I'm a bit surprised they didn't go the same route that Houthi's did/are doing in Yemen: The Patriot batteries in SA can move but effectively hadn't in 20 something years so they just programmed the GPS coordinates into drones and set them on collision courses filled with explosives.

Then again that might have required advanced knowledge of where Maduro was going to stand.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1026928696626700288

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
i'm actively reading this thread so be prepared to embrace the unyielding grasp of american imperialism as I probate everyone

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Squalid posted:

Mods, Crowsbeak here was actively calling for protesters to be tortured and murdered. I think this probably deserves more than a sixer.

mod queues aren't publicly viewable :ssh:

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Grapplejack posted:

Venezuela: Tankies to the left of me, Fascists to the right and here I am, stuck in a centrist coup

too long; cuts off at a (centrist coup)

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Schadenboner posted:

Goddamnit, why didn't I suggest "Venezuela: Tankies to the left of me, fascists to the right, stuck in the middle with coup"?

:doh:

E: or "fascists to my right"? At the end, all we really have is our regrets...

again, too long, it cuts off before coup

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
:siren: in an effort to get us out of the weeds any post not specifically about Venezuela is going to get probated. you can, for example:

post about the US involvement in venezuela; historical, present, future
post about russian/china involvement in venezuela; historical, present, future
post about your personal history as a venezuelan citizen
post about us efforts in the region, historically, as they would affect venezuela
post about UN poo poo regarding venezuela

you cannot:
post about other posters
post about anything other than venezuela :siren:

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

lol i just noticed the callsign for this

MAGMA88

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/cjcmichel/status/1095413640902123525

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/MikeShepard4/status/1098666458979151872

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

exploded mummy posted:

orrrrrr they used the desktop site on a cheapass phone that didn't automatically load the mobile version

because I just was loving around and got a tweet to appear as "Twitter Web Client" from my phone doing that

you can also specifically request the desktop version of many web pages in most browsers

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Party Plane Jones posted:

:siren: in an effort to get us out of the weeds any post not specifically about Venezuela is going to get probated. you can, for example:

post about the US involvement in venezuela; historical, present, future
post about russian/china involvement in venezuela; historical, present, future
post about your personal history as a venezuelan citizen
post about us efforts in the region, historically, as they would affect venezuela
post about UN poo poo regarding venezuela

you cannot:
post about other posters
post about anything other than venezuela
:siren:

if y'all can't out of the weeds the penalties for posting like poo poo are going to increase drastically, per bad post

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Move on from this.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
hello if you are not posting about venezuela in this thread enjoy your state sanctioned time out

a reminder: we're going up in penalties for every off topic/bad post

if you haven't learned by the time you're hitting a month then I don't know what to say beyond 'post better'

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Mar 21, 2019

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

brugroffil posted:

A rifle attack on a substation could be highly effective, Google Metcalf for a real world incident in the US that nearly took silicon valley offline.

the difference being if it actually took place maduro could just have pictures taken of the shot substation displayed as evidence

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Jose posted:

I love how you used another account you have to pretend to have arguments with people

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Gonna say this now, don't post this poo poo to try to bait other posters into a one month probation. Talk about the thread topic or read a different thread.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
hello people of the venezuela thread I have seen your reports and probations are in queue

for those of you on this particular titanic please see your nearest musician for a copy of Gloria al Bravo Pueblo

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

in the future put more effort than a one word reply

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

hello people of the venezuela thread I have seen your reports and probations are in queue

for those of you on this particular titanic please see your nearest musician for a copy of Gloria al Bravo Pueblo

greetings to you poor unfortunate souls sitting in the lifeboat of the ss venezuela. as you contemplate and draw straws choosing which one of your fellow castaways to eat to survive your long sojourn let me remind you of one thing:

the rules of this thread have been in the OP for 3 months. being a prick to your fellow posters is something that I've been particularly hitting people for when i see it and the number of castaways shoved overboard because of this is simply unacceptable. stop posting like dogshit

remember folks

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
rest assured i am currently pursuing my copy of shattered glass to maintain all standards of journalistic excellence*

you have been warned

i would have liked to have it be a jayson blair reference but there isn't a jayson blair movie on par with the hilarious hayden christensen one

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

rest assured i am currently pursuing my copy of shattered glass to maintain all standards of journalistic excellence*

you have been warned

i would have liked to have it be a jayson blair reference but there isn't a jayson blair movie on par with the hilarious hayden christensen one

hello if you would like to discuss the NYT and its handling of the buildup to the iraq war in 2003 and various other things about the media at large please direct the discussion to the media criticism thread

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe