Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

AndroidHub posted:

Welcome Commander

Erection Sustained. If they ever add in Huge sized Fixed Beams I won't ever leave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?
I just cannot find a good combat build for a A7 Prismatic Shielded iClipper and I really need to :getout: of anime ladies power thing in time to make lodsa emone before 1.4 hits, anyone using a Prismatic iClipper that doesn't mind sharing their build?

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

ASK me about the times I've told myself to stop going 500,000ls out to scan a brown dwarf while going 500,000ls to scan a brown dwarf, and then I jump to the next stop in my destination to An Interesting Spot and I go 500,000ls to scan a brown dwarf.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

RearmingStrafbomber posted:

Strange new frontiers.

I didn't know that Frontier likes .hack

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?
Sothis got me from 71m liquid and around 280m assets to 515m liquid and 828 assets in under a week.

Time to gently caress around with a 'Conda doing what-the-gently caress-ever. Probably gonna trade as much Sothis Crystal Gold in to Mother Goat as I can before I go insane and try to Conda mine/look for ATT again.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

double riveting posted:

Are the demand levels on the Kooshpoosh market still tanked or did they fix it? Is this CG worth doing money wise?

They never looked tanked to me, I always make a good 1,200 or more per ton from the metals I sell to the station alone.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Astroniomix posted:

It's because :frontear: have 0 understanding of what their playerbase enjoys doing and have no idea what a "reasonable" goal would be.

Just look at how quickly the bounty hunting goal filled up.

The guys who set up the CG's probably had a conversation like this.
Guy A: People have said that mining is cool now, we need data on how cool it is, let's do a bunch of Community Goals of each type and get some hard data on how cool it is via player participation.
Guy B: It's going to suck dude I mean mining?
Guy A: If it really sucks we can get more valuable player feedback that will let us know how much development time to invest on making it suck less, and we can tune future Goals to be more realistic.
Guy B: But dude it's mining.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Was fun but but got extremely dull and I'm not sure I want to do it again, except maybe to visit saggitarius A* since the core looks way more beautiful than the edge of the galaxy where I went. What's a good shooty ship that I can afford now?

Vulture is a good ship if you don't mind going at the speed of slow.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Strategic Tea posted:

You're not going to grind a clipper in an evening and you'll burn out if you try.

EXCUSE ME BUT I HAPPENED TO DO EXACTLY THIS and it really sucked don't do it contemplate picking up a hobby like a recreational meth addiction before you consider trying to do this holy poo poo never again

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Dabir posted:

Keyboard 4 lyfe
Also

Groggy nard fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Nov 7, 2015

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Adult Sword Owner posted:

450m with babbys first rebuy cost???

The glory is in the Assets.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

The thing has an absolute poo poo ton of engines stuck to its rear end so I'm imagining it is fast as hell.

A lot of people are hating on it for looking like a bigger Clipper but I'm in love.

:jiggled: :jiggled: HOW CAN ANYONE EVEN BEGIN TO HATE "BIGGER CLIPPER" BEING IN THE SAME SENTENCE LET ALONE PUT TOGETHER!? :jiggled: :jiggled:

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?
Don't forget that once you move up to a Vulture, you can keep the DBS and turn it into a Spooky Invisible Railgun PvP ship.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

KakerMix posted:

Want to remind everyone that these first planets we will be on don't have atmospheres and thus you don't have to just fly upside-down

You can fly nose down reversing to keep away from the surface while bombarding the gently caress out of bases :getin:

Plasma just wants to be free!

Also if you want some serious cash bring a Hauling ASP to Robigo, I just made 41 million spacebux in an hour and a half.

Groggy nard fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Nov 11, 2015

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Avocados posted:

Yeah, I know Volgin says it once or twice. But is there CQC in Elite Dangerous?

CQC is literally the name of the 1.4 expansion of Elite: Dangerous. It owns, even though I suck at it.

Details pls

Also what was your T

http://coriolis.io/outfit/asp/03A5A5A4D4C5D5C-------02000005374202020101.Iw18WQ==.Aw18WQ==?bn=Hauling%20Asp
88tons, just enough shields and chaff to never give a gently caress about being interdicted while you boost away and high wake out, and the Fuel Scoop is big enough to refuel your tank between single jumps by the time the standard FSD cooldown ends.

My personal trick is to only take Haul missions if you can get at least two of them to the same station at once. My record is nine dropoff missions to the same station.

I've also gotten really, really good at dropping NPC's into stars as they try to get behind me for an interdiction.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

:hawaaaafap:

I really like the new ships, if you couldn't tell.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

A Tartan Tory posted:

So, a little birdie told me they are finally releasing ships bigger than the anaconda...with a larger jump range.

Is this true, because this is my dream.

Everyone forgot the "Jump Range Boost" thing that will temporarily give you a very large bonus to jump range for a limited duration or number of uses.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?
I am really looking forward to flying around in this while my friend sits in my fighter bay in one of these.

He has been informed that he must type "I AM AWAITED IN VALHALLA!" into local chat whenever he launches.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Helter Skelter posted:

Hate to disappoint, but it's looking very unlikely that you'll be able to fit anything larger than the tiny short-range fighters (Condor/Imperial equivalent) in the fighter bays.

I was promised Iggles for the fighter bays :smithfrog:

In other news, within one hour of leaving Robigo I turned in 8-9 smuggle missions for a cool 52 million credits.

Groggy nard fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Nov 17, 2015

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?
A word on Robigo.

Be paranoid about star classes on your route, make very sure you get scoopable stars BEFORE you run out of fuel. If you hit half empty on your fuel tank, check your route again to make sure you hit a KGB FOAM.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Limiting runs to no more than twice daily and doing my best to keep them both under one hour of travel/dropoffs is helping me not burn out, but I don't know if I can make the two billion mark:psyduck: before 1.5 kills this.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Bushiz posted:

I would pay 50 dollars in an instant to make my ship sound like brian blessed

Same, especially if he did the "Goes Nuts" bit when I get out of hairy situations.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Danknificent posted:

Thanks. I have a few questions.

1. I saw on the E:D wiki that they're planning to do walk around/fps stuff eventually. This is a big deal to me; do you guys realistically expect it to happen? I saw something that made it sound like E:D planned to do what SC was promising with modeling the inside of your ship so you could walk around that too.

2. Since I'm more interested in the game that E:D seems poised to become, rather than the game that it is now, would I be wasting my time to go in now and accumulate some in-game currency and familiarity, or should I just wait a year or two? How much grinding does it take to get a decent ship?

3. Does/will E:D offer any meaningful way to impact other players apart from combat? A support role / medic (repair?) type of thing? I've spent my whole gaming life shooting people; I'd like to do something altruistic.

4. How's the performance/optimization? Does the game run well on reasonable hardware?

1. You will have to pay for the expansions if you buy the base game right now, but yes ED seems to be actually keeping their promise of one big expansion like that per year. Wait until Horizons is released to buy, because then you can play the entire released game as of Horizons and not have to pay again for the new stuff that is maybe one month away.

2. Wait. If you don't want to play the game right now or even "gonna die historic on the lunar road" then just don't.

3. Fuel Rats are a thing.

4. This game is very optimized compared to just about any other big release in the last few years. That said, Horizons will require a 64bit client.

:frogsiren: SERIOUSLY DO NOT BUY THIS GAME BEFORE HORIZONS :frogsiren:

Groggy nard fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Nov 22, 2015

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?
:frogsiren: NEW PLAYERS WHO WANT TO HAVE LODSA EMONE :frogsiren:

If you get enough money to get into this Cobra(you can downgrade the Fuel Scoop to a B or C if you are low on cash) and go to a System called "Robigo" you can find special long distance bonus paying Haul missions, which will give you literally millions of credits to haul two tons of biowaste, and even more millions to sneak in illegal and immoral "goods" on the low. You can get a few of them at Trade Rank Penniless(which is the default new CMDR rank you start with) but you will get more even better paying ones the higher that rank goes.

You can stack these.

This is currently the most broken "working as intended" way to make cash and raise your Trade rank. It also gives you a good boost to your Federation Ranking. I once made 50million in one hour of the "smuggle struggle" with dat ASP

If you get Interdicted on the way, just submit, hit the boost button a lot, target the next system in your jump route, wait out the minimal FSD cooldown, and :frogout:

There are a few good effortposts around this very thread explaining the how and why in more detail, they are worth a look if you want more information.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Thronde posted:

So, no, you can't always get missions there at penniless.

I've taken Penniless Unfriendly Haul missions before so, yes, you can if you don't mind mission board scumming.

Except at Robigo it pays something like 800,000 credits, so most Robigo vets ignore it unless it happens to go to the same station as a higher paying Haul.

Groggy nard fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Nov 29, 2015

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Tunnel Snakes Rule.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

KakerMix posted:

For you non-beta havers this is a pretty common thing in Horizons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRapQvGMWEQ

Ugggh I have a hardon just thinking about how this will be with atmospheric worlds and how many goons we can pack into the Grand Canyon.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

IrvingWashington posted:

Yeah, that's a bummer; I plan to get "creative"

I WILL find a way to dickbutt, one way or another.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?
Welp all this Explorer posting and my recent demotion means that I should finally stop thinking about flying out my Gold Plated Autism Explorer and actually bring out my Gold Plated Autism Explorer.

The extra AFM is in case my first AFM breaks, the cargo is because Black Holes Are Thirsty. I know because the last time I saw them they told me so. If I find any salvagable escape pods I might even have an audience/more offerings to the gods of entropy.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Insert name here posted:

Back in 1.4 when we had a confirmed capital sighting fighting the Diamond Frogs, I decided I was going to make a run at it in an Imp Eagle and see how far I got.

It was really cool for the minute or so I flew around before panic jumping into another system to avoid dying.

Get on the inside hangar and lurk until the bad ships chasing you go away. Then play whack a mole with whatever turret/heat sinks are nearby.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Veil Nebulae.

Pelican Nebula.

Groggy nard fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Dec 22, 2015

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Mike the TV posted:

So the Data Scanner is just straight up broken for me. I set a key for it, turned on fire to deploy hardpoints (which I hate), have it set for secondary fire in the fire group panel, and try to use it in turret mode.

Nothing.

Fun.

You need to have "Firing Deploys Weapons Hardpoints" enabled. I had the same problem, and even read the solution during beta, but forgot about it until yesterday because I am special.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Atheistdeals.com posted:

I hate looking for ship parts. The little annoying things in this game are killing me.

Just get Elite ranking so you can go to Founders' World :smug::hf::smuggo::hf::smugdog:

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

TorakFade posted:

Sorry for the spergpost, I love analyzing this poo poo :allears:

Don't be sorry, your post is informative and can potentially be integrated into the OP as a mid to late game murderbotes thing.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?
So I was running the 3Frag 1fixed Beam/Burst FAS in a Hazres for 15 minutes and made an easy million, this ship handles as well as everyone says and I love it.

The joke is that when I got back to the station I realized that I had been using Class 5 Thrusters instead of Class 6 :frogdowns:

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

What the gently caress happened at Xihe

You should spend more time afk at Skvortsov :colbert:

Edit for babbies first animated

Groggy nard fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Jan 24, 2016

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Target Practice posted:

Okay how the gently caress do I know I'm killing the right guys for these combat bond CGs? I popped into a HiCZ and there were no Emperor's Dawn guys, so I just picked a side. Do I have to jump from CZ to CZ to find Emporer's Dawn fighting?

Yes, you have to kill the right guys for the thing.

To be more clear, you got a contract to kill a specific targeted group of individuals, say, Derpers' Face, right? Well if you show up to the combat zone for an unrelated war between "Dickbutts 5000" and "Purple People Eaters" and just start blowing up one side, well, it's definitely fun, sure, but you won't get paid for it, because the guy with the money doesn't care about the Purples or the Dickbutts, he wants the Derps pilots sucking vacuum, so he won't be inclined to pay you for murdering the wrong people.

Groggy nard fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Jan 26, 2016

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Target Practice posted:

Does resetting the instance by logging change who is fighting in it? I only ask because there is a high intensity one 1.5mm from the station.

No, you have to find the right combat zone near a planet somewhere, they don't reset which factions are fighting at one location. Combat Zones won't show up until you get close to the planet as well, something like 500 ls away?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

lordofthefishes posted:

is the cobra mk IV worth picking up

No.

• Locked thread