Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

Gamesguy posted:

You can get a key from G2A for like a dollar, that's where I got mine.

Holy poo poo, I cannot believe I didn't think of this. Thanks for the reminder!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

Tokubetsu posted:

I've spent the most time playing bright wizard but waywatcher is probably my second favorite class followed by witch hunter. Only cute little banter I've noticed from bright wizard is some stuff with the Witch hunter. Something about being her jailer.

So is there a steam grp up already?

I heard banter between the BM and Dwarf where she asks him how much he's had to drink, and when asked why it's any of her business she tells him it's because his breath keeps catching fire around her.

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

dtkozl posted:

Yeah great job sussing out my real issue was the beta had bugs and not that there were so many they wont be able to fix them all by the time they release in a few weeks. You have a great career ahead of you as a company yes man.

Or maybe people had different experiences than you and maybe it's more to do with your setup? I mean, since all you're offering up is "THERE WERE BUGS!" no one really knows what the gently caress you're talking about. I encountered bugs, but nothing that made the game unplayable.

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

I dont know posted:

The preorder beta will be at least one week before release, so the 16th at the latest. There may be another short beta for people who already have codes before that.

According to the Vermintide twitter account, there will be one more closed beta before the prerelease.

https://twitter.com/VermintideGame/status/652344666948567040

dtkozl posted:

I think the biggest actual design flaw with the game is they are just going to have the payday 2 problem where everyone just plays one mission over and over to get new loot. It would have been better to actually copy left4dead where the missions were a little shorter but you have to play a chain of them, with of course an item drop at the end of each little mission and maybe the big roll at the end of the chain. I personally just get bored quickly when my 2 options are play the same poo poo again or wait forever to try and get a game on something else.

That may be the case, but as of right now, we have no way of knowing if that is what's going to happen. I am sure that some maps will be played more than others, because that's just how things like that work out, but I think it may be a little premature to say that people are just going to hammer one level over and over again for loot.

Some of us actually enjoyed the game and aren't really interested in min/maxing. Whether or not you believe this represents a minority or majority opinion is your call. What it's going to come down to is if they have enough of a player base.

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

dogstile posted:

Are the missions actually procedural? I remember hearing about that and thinking "hahaha no loving way".

Not that I've seen. The layouts are static. The spawns of rats, rat swarms, special Skaven, and Potions/Healing items are all random to a certain extent in the maps, though. It's as procedural as L4D 1 and 2 were.

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

MagnumOpus posted:

Game is up, owns. HUD is a little weird at 1440.

So is it just the first 3 episodes in the closed beta, it is it the full 13?

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

Ibram Gaunt posted:

What do Tomes and Grimoires do

They take up slots that could be filled with healing items/potions while doing nothing in game. They give you extra loot dice at the end of a level.

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

DreamShipWrecked posted:

It kind of makes me laugh how people in the beta are frothing at the teeth for the tomes while barely making it through the level alive (or not at all) all for the sake of loot that will be gone in a week

Wait, I guess I've heard conflicting reports.

Isn't this the pre-order "beta," and didn't they say that they weren't going to wipe prior to release unless they absolutely had to?

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

Hypha posted:

Ya but i want different things till then. How hard is it to just rotate the maps?

How hard is it to wait a week for your new toy?

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

Captain Gordon posted:

People who care about loot in this game are dumb, confirm/deny?

Confirmed, but I think that the screaming about "MAH LOOTS" would be less if they just gave every hero white versions of all their alternate weapons. That way people can tailor their play style on each hero to their liking, and the loot would just be stat upgrades.

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

WoodrowSkillson posted:

People still play l4d2, constantly. There is 0 inherent reason this game need loot to be viable. None.

It's a fun, unusual mechanic that helps set it apart from the game it's based upon? Just because you're overestimating the importance of the loot doesn't mean it shouldn't be in the game. It just means you should calm down about loot.

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

Dr. VooDoo posted:

The issue I have with the BP exploit isn't that people are grinding out high level loot. That's fine personally I think it takes away from the fun but it's a personal thing. The issue I have is that now all these pubbies who only know how to exploit that one thing have really high levels like they've been playing through the game at higher difficulties but when they join anything over normal they completely fall apart. Levels you could use to gauge someone before a match started if they had ever done high difficulties but now you have to wait to see if they're a massive gently caress up in game which is a waste of everyone's time involved

all I see here is just "don't play with pubbies"

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

Cake Smashing Boob posted:

Best thing about this game is votekicking dipshits just as you're about to hit the wagon.

I don't really get this.

If they were actively attempting to sabotage your win, presumably they'd have already been votekicked to prevent them from loving you over.
If they were just BAD, you've already made it to the wagon, so why be a prick and boot them after you've already won?

I mean, sometimes people are just bad at video games, or they're young, or they're having an off day or whatever. I don't really see what's accomplished by doing that except making the community that much more toxic.

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

Skandranon posted:

Robbing them of the loot they thought they were about to get? Added bonus if you then invite a friend to get said loot.

I dunno. Seems like a lot of effort to punish someone who isn't as good at video games as you think they should be.

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

Gestalt Intellect posted:

The difficulty the developer intended you to play is the one locked behind hours of self-imposed grinding an exploit for gear to artificially make it possible (oh but the gear is pointless somehow).

Actually, the really, real, realist difficulty of the game isn't in yet, because obviously it has to be cataclysm in realism mode. :smugbert:

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

Snatch Duster posted:

P sure the goons are upset because of my Straight D communication style. I would wager that many of them are S/I or S/C styled, which makes sense.

Ok, I'll finally bite. What the gently caress does this even mean?

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

Snatch Duster posted:

DiSC communication profile assessment.

Oh, pseudo-psychology like Meyers-Briggs.

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

xthetenth posted:

So what's got you feeling so inadequate that you're smugging it up about a video game anyway? Is it that the best thing you have to boost your self esteem is playing a video game on hard, and to do even that you needed to burn a bunch of time grinding up a big enough crutch?

PROBATION 04/29/13 09:26pm Snatch Duster Yes you are, you're gross. I've seen pictures. Even your nose is fat. You look like a balloon with a thyroid problem. User loses posting privileges for 1 week. Pipski Debbie Metallica

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

Chomp8645 posted:

Let's hear Digital Jesus' side of the story now.

:vince:

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

Kitchner posted:

The direction I was going in was:

"Its relatively fast and is used to dodge around and stab things"

Which is what I said in my post. This is basically what you do with the rapier.

You then followed up with post explaining it is the fastest soldier weapon and you use it for fighting small groups of rats, presumably dodging a lot.

So yes I'm aware it's not "exactly the same" as the rapier, which is why I said "similar".

If you have any future difficulties distinguishing between the use of the phrase "similar to" and "identical to" let me know and I'll clarify further.

Considering you were highlighting the speed and specifically said "stabbing," I don't really understand why you're being so condescending. Maybe take a break and breathe for a bit before posting next time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

Kitchner posted:

I said it was "relatively fast" since it's the fastest weapon the Soldier can get, I think this is a fair assessment. I did not say "fastest weapon in the game" or even "as fast as the rapier". Just "relatively fast" which it is.

As for the "stabbing" comment I think you're taking my comment too literally, I meant "killing rats with the weapon". If you insist on being pedantic over what I meant by "running around stabbing things" since the rapier doesn't exclusively "stab" and I'm 99% sure the sword doesn't exclusively "slash" it doesn't really help you out here buddy.

So you're just incapable of not sounding like a hostile, salty nerd. Ok, now I know. Won't touch that poop again.

• Locked thread