Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

SweetBro posted:

Is the thing where I can just do class quests to level still active?
If you're a subscriber, yes. All story missions up to 55 (including Ilum and Makeb) will give 12x experience and 12 basic commendations any time you would've previously received any.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

SKY COQ posted:

E: That reminds me, would there be much interest in a few Pub goons donating some stuff to tart up the clubhouse? Getting a mailbox, a bank and a GTN in there would be helpful for goons running alts and stuff.
There's already a mailbox and legacy storage in the HQ but I threw a GTN kiosk (as well as another mailbox and a legacy storage cargo hold thing in case you eventually buy a guild ship) in there, they should be available if someone with decorating privileges wants to use them.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Medullah posted:

Nice. Too bad shotguns aren't visible. :(
Thankfully there is always the pistol from BBA that looks like a sawed off shotgun to take care of that oversight. I really wish the shotgun and vibroknife were visible all the time, though.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

You can also get a rad tech eyepatch if you're a cyborg.

e:

Aphrodite posted:

Might be the same model, but I just got this ridiculous thing after the first 2 SoR dungeons

I mean this thing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-YDabe4Uq4

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Since they changed the authenticators to use a standardised generation system you can add it to WinAuth if you want to run it on a desktop. As others have said, doing so reduces your security compared to mobile although WinAuth at least encrypts the key file and uses a master password to unlock it so you can have your password manager of choice generate a decent password and be at least somewhat secure.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Ainsley McTree posted:

Wasn't there a time when stealing battle.net accounts was more profitable than stealing credit cards?

Or maybe that's just something somebody made up to convince me to get an authenticator.
MMO accounts still often fetch higher prices than stolen CC numbers if they're from one of the more profitable MMOs where gold selling is still a thing because if you can convince people to buy the gold that's farmed/sold through the account you can also steal those credit card details.

It's always a good idea to protect your account with an authenticator where possible.

e:

Fuzz posted:

I want a Manaan SH, dammit. Either a dome thing floating on the water, or a kickass underwater lab. Or both, with an elevator linking them.

I hope KotFE makes use of Manaan more... it's a cool planet that's barely utilized at all with the SoR prelude stuff.
Yeah, Manaan's been aesthetically awesome ever since it was introduced in KOTOR.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

I'm not going to enter in Hulk Smash!'s competition because I have most of the stuff I need unlocked and would like someone else to get stuff.

I think playing Guild Wars 2 has ruined me because these days all I care about in MMOs is cosmetics. TOR has some real interesting cosmetic options and trying to get different pieces (dye channels :argh:) to work together can be annoying so I'm pretty happy with what I've come up with.

Imperial Characters

Sniper - My original character that I'll almost certainly take through KotFE first. Was trying to channel the sort of look the Eclipse engineers had going in Mass Effect 2:

Juggernaut - Pictured here in the wonderful 'I'm trying very hard not to poo poo myself' default pose that Juggernauts get. Going for a sort of 'flexible heavy armour' look:

Mercenary - Everything clips through Twi'lek lekku. Everything. Aiming for something of a Mandalorian look but I couldn't find the nice blue their armour is as a dye:

Sorcerer - LARPing as the dude from the Lightning bolt, lightning bolt! video. The armour looks a lot better in motion than in the screenshot and the metallic tubes around the neck glow when one of the traits procs:

Powertech - Tom Spackman's voice is amazing and fits the bounty hunter perfectly. High tech detective look. Bonus everyone should have a jetpack mount picture:

Assassin - I'm really happy with how this turned out, very different to a normal Sith look. Also, the Dread Master customisation for HK owns bones:

Marauder - He kind of looks a lot like Darth Marr, I guess. Armour is waaaaay too heavy for what Marauders supposedly wear. Also when I had a more limited selection of clothing I realised he totally looks like Ronan from Guardians of the Galaxy if he had red skin:

Operative - Space Gangster with a Tommy Gun. As much as I like the kingpin blaster, the shotgun models fit better with how the agent works IMO. Need to be a higher level before I can use the full size black shotgun skin but I think it'll end up looking really awesome:

Also as a PSA, everyone should get a Hutt Cantina Skiff because not only are they cool looking with a mount flourish (holodancer and cantina music) but your character will pick up grapes, throw them up in the air and eat them while idle. It's great:

Republic Characters

Guardian - Not sure I made the right choice with the Cathar but I wanted one of every race because :spergin:. He and Kira are a pair of superheroes, because Jedi are clearly superheroes:

Commando - The assault cannon looks cool but the animations for the skills get super repetitive over time compared to Mercenary. I really love the Monocycle and the starforge assault cannon with the spinning barrel so I colourmatched my (and Elara's) gear to them:

Scoundrel - I'm Han Solo if he was a Rattataki woman and alive 3000 years earlier. I even have a wookiee following me around and standing on tables:

Sage - Whoever said the consular lightsaber idle animation is the best of all of them was spot on. I also really like the WGF Veteran mount that came out (particularly the colours) so I matched my Sage's gear to it:

Unsure what I'm going to use my level 60 boost on but it'll probably be Republic side since I have all bases covered Imp side already. Giant goony fat Shadow so I can make him look like Star Wars kid? I'll have to give it some more thought.

Mercurius fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Oct 17, 2015

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Insert name here posted:

Haven't entered the contest yet because all my Imp side chars are probably booted from inactivity but I thought my Consular came out surprisingly well considering it was a complete accident:

Uhhh yeah gonna need the name of that chest like right now, thanks

Also the rifle because slings are my jam
It's the imperial ace battle pilot thing that I get in the mail on new characters. I don't actually know how you get it because I never bought the game at launch but created an account for the beta and when I eventually starting playing with that account after SoR came out I had the imperial and republic sets in the mail on every character :iiam:

e: The rifle's from one of the recentish hypercrates, there's a blaster rifle version, too. Sniper rifle is PW-12 Plasma Core Sniper Rifle, Blaster rifle is VL-25 XT Plasma Core Rifle. Nonentity really knocked it out of the park with them.

Mercurius fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Oct 17, 2015

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Berke Negri posted:

If thats the pilot ace chest piece that I think it is, what legs/boots are those? I originally started out with the same idea for my operative but stuff does not unify well with that chest piece and usually goes with the off color, not the main color of the chest.
They're both from the Stalwart Protector set (the orange and white republic trooper armour from the cartel market). I tend to use the boots a lot because they fit really well with drat near everything and have awesome dye channels. Everything is unified to the chestpiece which has a Deep Gray and Pale Brown dye module in it.

I also didn't realise just how fashionable we are as a whole. Similar to how Goon Squad is the number one ERP guild on Jedi Covenant, I think we should acknowledge that That's No Goon is the premiere guild for fashionistas with good taste :smug:.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

SKY COQ posted:

LS all the way then.
Yeah, DS Jaesa is a complete psychopath and won't gel with you at all as LS.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

StashAugustine posted:

If I buy it after having bought 60 days of sub does it add to that time normally?
Yup, it's why those packs are so great.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

That's No Goon (Imperial) and Goon Squad (Republic) are the only goon guilds in TOR of any size and they're both on Jedi Covenant. I don't know how attached to your server you are but I think transfers are only 90cc at the moment.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

TheHock posted:

My only regret is that I never bothered leveling up my affection with HK-51, so now I'm going to miss out on his conversations on all my characters.
Good news then, because it sounds like one of the changes they're making is to have companion conversations trigger based on story progress rather than individual influence level.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Fuzz posted:

http://www.swtor.com/r/TkMbdV

Tossing up my referral... hopefully if I get one more, I can grab another Hypercrate before they all go off the market again.
I think I'm able to use thing a referral code again. I'll give it a shot when I get home because I don't have my authenticator at work and can't log in from here :v:

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

RentACop posted:

I think they'll nerf companions in a couple weeks, they're drat tough and things are a lot easier than before. Not that I mind that, but it doesn't feel intended
I wonder how much of the power we're seeing is because most of us have higher level characters which provide presence boosts to the companions when on alts. Might well be significantly more toned down for a new player who doesn't have any characters (especially humans) at 50 yet.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Nerd Of Prey posted:

It really seems like the Jedi Knight and Sith Warrior have by far the biggest personal stake in confronting the Emperor. For most other classes I feel like it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to become THE HIGHLANDER.
Really happy to hear that because of all my characters my LS Juggernaut is my favourite to play.

It's also good to hear that there's lots of other ways to get experience than doing the story because I doubt I'll want to do it more than a couple of times per faction but I'd still like to be able to use my other alts for stuff.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Ainsley McTree posted:

I killed Tormen because I was 110% sure he was going to betray me. It's a sith lord sending a disposable mercenary on a suicide mission to kill a high-profile republic target; literally every word of that screamed "i'm going to let you die and take the credit for your work" so I figured I'd just pre-betray him and was genuinely a little stunned when he turned out to be on the level. I even felt a little bad about it :(
He force choked both me and Mako because we're both snarky mercenaries who don't give a poo poo about politics and I picked conversation options to that effect. He had it coming :clint:

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

B-Mac posted:

Thanks. I don't have kotfe yet but are the stories similar for both sides as well?
Yeah although given that the KOTFE story is about your character rather than your previous stuff it's not too surprising. Like, there's throwbacks and references to stuff that happened before as well as re-occurring characters but past the opening it's basically the same with minor changes like SoR is.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Verranicus posted:

Is this your first MMO ever or something? Holy poo poo.

If this is your first character, all the quests should be new to you and worth doing once. I've been following a flowchart that shows what order to do the content to see the story chronologicaly and none of it has felt like grinding or having to step away from the story. You're just being stubborn or trolling at this point.

This is a really neat flowchart, thanks. I think I'll try and take both a Republic and Imperial character through the full thing (minus the operations) over the Christmas break to see the complete story. I levelled my first character back before there were any experience boosts (all the rest were done under 12x exp skipping the non class story quests) so I've done all of the quests everywhere up to Makeb but I haven't done most of the flashpoints so it'll be interesting seeing how those add to the story.

E: I gotta say though that I felt that just doing the class story was a little disjointed compared to my original character. I think the problem is that just doing the class story is missing out on all the little bits and pieces of the planetary stuff (and in particular all of the stuff from the class stories+companion quests that actually causes things to happen on the planets) so it'll be interesting to see it again given that I now know what happens in all of the class stories.

Mercurius fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Dec 7, 2015

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Verranicus posted:

The ops are actually way easier to see now than they were before, so don't blow them off just like that. But yeah, I'm liking the flowchart and even though I'm on Hoth at level 57 it doesn't feel like a grind.
I know they're easier, it's more that I don't have the time to sit down for more than an hour or so at a time so I just simply can't swing the time required. I'll do them at some point :v:

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Pube Ship is the best, go with that. Incidentally, I forgot to mention that the credits I dumped in on Hydrona weren't part of the competition and were just because the credit amount wasn't really a round number and it was bugging me :v:

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Athenry posted:

What makes the farmhand crystals special?
Others have already somewhat answered this but they're a really nice normal cyan blue which we haven't been able to get even remotely close to for levelling characters. Nonentity based them on Luke's saber from the original trilogy movies and it owns.

I got an absolute mountain of armour crates from the three supercrates I bought (and two jetpacks!) and I have some of the stuff you guys were asking about although it'll be another 24 hours or so until they unbind. I'm looking for the Outlander Observer and Skiff Guard Upper Body Armour boxes and the Mandalorian Seeker Supplementary Body Armour and in return I have a whole set of Snowtrooper/Overwatch Enforcer along with 2 spare Mandalorian Seeker Lower Body Armour crates and Darth Malgus' Lower Body Armour.

Medullah/Nipponophile I don't think the new jetpack is as rare as the older one but I'm happy to donate one of them to the bank so you can use it as a prize for the next competition thing you do.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Alter Ego posted:

I can give you Skiff Guard Upper and Lower for the Malgus lower pieces, and I think I have a Mando Seeker Supplementary as well.

And no, the jetpack isn't as rare as the last one, but it's still a jetpack dammit. :colbert:
I have the skiff guard lower/supp already (hence wanting the upper part :v:) but yeah, happy to trade the skiff upper/mando seeker supp for Malgus Lower. Like I said I still have around 24 hours until mine unbind so we can work it out tomorrow.

And yeah, I really like the jet packs as mounts. I have the first one they released on my power tech and it looks awesome. I figured something neat looking is the best sort of thing for a prize in this game.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Yo Alter Ego, what's your in game name? I've got to run off to work now but I'll throw the Malgus lower crate at you when I get home.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Alter Ego posted:

Send it to Erstianna. She's my main currently.

What's yours for the Skiff Guard stuff? Is that what we agreed on?
Skiff Guard Upper and Mandalorian Supp if you've got it. Mine's Lanero or Hydrona.

I completely forgot about the patch or I'd have been able to send it this morning. If it finishes doing its thing in the next 10 minutes I'll still probably be able to send it.

E: finished patching and sent.

Mercurius fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Dec 10, 2015

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Alter Ego posted:

Medullah, I just sent you the Nexu License...hoping I did the COD thing properly.

Sent Skiff Guard Upper and Mando Supplementary to Lanero.

I also discovered a spare Indestructible Farmhand Blue crystal I'll give to anyone who wants it.
Cheers.

Okay so I won't be able to send stuff out until I get home from work but I've got some spare stuff that I'll give away for free to a good home:
  • one eviscerating farmhand blue crystal
  • 2 war hero farmhand blue crystals (lol)
  • 2 full overwatch enforcer armour sets
  • one of the new sniper rifles with the bayonets that look totally rad
  • a mainhand/offhand pistol pair (the mainhand pistol also has a bayonet)
  • some of the Czerka and Meirm mounts (can't remember how many)
  • one of the cat thing with wings mounts (vrake?)

If anyone wants them and is on Jedi Covenant (I have alts either side so can send them out if you've only got Republic characters) let me know your character names and I'll send them to you.

Dulfy's got a preview of the pack contents if you want see what the stuff looks like: http://dulfy.net/2015/12/08/swtor-strategy-alliance-pack-preview/

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Moreau posted:

I mean, I wont say no if you want to send a sniper rifle to Jehane! Though I still think the BL-28 range is your best work, Non-Entity :D

Debating on whether to drop cash on the Malgus set, or just wait to pick it up piecemeal. Seems a bit overpriced right now, but drat its just the perfect set for a Sith Warrior.

420 Gank Mid posted:

If you have any of those radical cat-dragon mount things left I'd snatch it off you on my Agent Ganjamancer
Enjoy your shiny toys :tipshat:

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Medullah posted:

Yeah, I guess not banned - but items/money taken away. So, say you bought a stack of companion gifts that were from the duping bug - you log in today and find that stack of 99 gifts you paid 3 million for gone.
I read that statement more that if someone randomly sent you stuff that was exploited in the mail and you accepted it (which is how they were laundering it) that you'd be in trouble as opposed to buying it from the GTN since as you said, you'd have basically no way of knowing that they were from exploits.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Anyway, on a different topic someone suggested I turn jawa junk into things that would convert to exotic isotope stabilisers before the patch hit (Medullah maybe?). Whoever that person was is a good person because as noted yesterday they're now selling for 40k each and I had two stacks of them so :homebrew:. Consequently I have spent some time playing dressup with some of the new stuff that's been introduced in KotFE and I'm pretty pleased with the results.

Pierson, you asked about a basic sort of Jedi looking thing that's not super heavily armoured and I'm pretty happy with what I've come up with on my Shadow (who I'm intending to follow that cool chart on as my Republic guy for maximum story) considering every piece is from a different set :v::

I also took the time to overhaul my Commando a bit because as of KotFE there isn't really much of a Republic presence to be all hoo-rah about. Plus Nico Okarr's coat looks pretty great in black (has an actual leather texture) and fits Gallantry really nicely. Ended up with kind of a cyberpunky look that I like a lot:

And I finally settled on using my level 60 token thing on a Vanguard because the Trooper story is garbage and I'm not doing it again:

Bonus glamour shot of Nonentity's new Farmhand Blue crystal:

It's kind of like the Cyan crystal but a much nicer colour.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

Now I'm confused...

That chest is the Outlander Scavenger chest (Force Alliance pack) with Light Brown dye. There aren't any of the Alliance reward chest pieces in Mercurius' post.
Yeah, it's this. I bought it off the GTN.

I've only used a single dye thing (I think it's a primary pale brown module or something similar) in the chestpiece because everything else recolours the metal plates and I like them the colour they are. Used I think a brown/brown module in the pants and a black/brown on the boots, both of which I was lucky enough to get from cantina codes on that character.

Ugh I've just noticed that the gloves aren't quite the same colour as the dark brown stuff on the chestpiece :suicide:. Time to find a workable dark brown dye module :(

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Aphrodite posted:

One is probably Deep and the other Dark. Bioware is cruel.
Yep, spot on. They were Deep and needed to be Dark :shepicide:

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Due to a super lucky drop from alliance crates today (the legacy inquisitor hat with the creepy robot voice modulation) I've made another outfit for my Assassin. Tune in next time for the wacky adventures of the cyborg Sith Assassin and her droid sidekick HK-51!

Mercurius fucked around with this message at 11:01 on Dec 13, 2015

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Ughh I had an idea for an outfit and now I kinda want to make a male Gunslinger, someone talk me out of making yet another alt. At the rate I'm going I'll have one of each advanced class per faction before the new year :shepface:

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Medullah posted:

I can make you a 220 hilt or barrel for 2 dark matter catalysts (1.3 million each generally) or a 220 non-moddable saber for 3 strategic resource matrix and 10 exotic isotopes.
I should probably take you up on that for a barrel and hilt. Do you need anything else apart from the dark matter catalysts? I've still got a stack of the exotic isotope stabilisers so can provide those if the recipe requires that. Also, which of your alts should I send the mats to?

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Hulk Smash! posted:

3 days at the minimum, I'd say. With the holidays, I can see some people not having a chance to get to the movies for a bit.

Ainsley McTree posted:

My vote, for what it's worth (literally nothing, because I'm probably not gonna play until I see the movie anyway) is at least a week, honestly. Otherwise it's a situation of "see it on opening weekend or don't read guild chat" because you know goons can't help themselves
Agreed. I'd honestly say it wouldn't be unreasonable to ban spoilerchat all the way through to January and just use the chat channel as suggested.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Generally speaking, it's not polite to spoil any movie at any time, because of common decency. If a movie came out 20 years ago, and somebody hasn't seen it, you know, don't be a dick about it. If it's something brand new, then definitely don't be a dick about it. Star Wars is certainly not an exception to the rule. There will be a million spoiler-friendly discussions going on around the internet if you need to vent about it somewhere. Keep it out of public spaces, like, indefinitely, if you're not trying to be a dick. This should really go without saying.
Mega agreedo.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Alright so I now have one of each advanced class on both factions :downs:

New additions are a Gunslinger who honestly looks more like a bounty hunter but whatever:

And my Sentinel who looks like a Street Samurai from Shadowrun (thanks to a black/black dye from a cantina crate) with CGA coloured lightsabers because hey, why not:

The more I use the attenuated sabers, the more I like them and they look really great with crystals that have a really bright core in particular. Really great work there, Nonentity.

Also as an aside for Medullah, I've sent Blukakke the stuff to make a 220 hilt and a barrel. Can you please send them to Lanero once you make them? I can't remember if I included that in the mail I sent or not.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Cheers. I've got a bunch of stuff up for sale on the GTN right now so if enough of it sells I'll probably get you to make me a few more.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Medullah posted:

Remember you can always put it in a legacy weapon to share with other people.

Legacy Blaster Pistol - Merc, Powertech, Scoundrel, Gunslinger
Legacy Blaster Rifle - Operative, Vanguard
Legacy Lightsaber - Juggernaut, Marauder, Sorcerer, Guardian, Sentinel, Sage
Legacy Double Bladed Saber - Assassin, Shadow
I know you can but until we get weapon cosmetic slots I won't be doing this. How can I pretend to be a fashionista if my weapons don't match my outfit?!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

StashAugustine posted:

Hey I started leveling a Juggernaut with the intent of tanking at endgame, is leveling as a tank fun or should I go Vengeance
I personally really like vengeance but the companions are absurdly powerful now when you set them to DPS so levelling as a tank is totally viable. I've been levelling my shadow as a tank and it's been just fine.

• Locked thread