Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Coolness Averted posted:

I take it there's a respec trainer in town?

The bad news is that there isn't. The good news is that levelling to 80 gives you enough points to unlock everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
Sinister weapons?

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
No way, there'll be an epic submarine battle. In which the player will press 1 to fire torpedoes.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Harrow posted:

It's one thing when all of your AoEs should go under your target, and another when you might want to throw a ground target AoE under some allies or under yourself. If it works like the old action camera mod, that means swinging your camera around wildly to aim at the ground and is awkward.

What about toggling off/on the action cam when needed?

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

ApeHawk posted:

It fixes Braham's character somewhat, puts more Canach in (which is always welcome), Rytlock Animestone is almost always in your party, and stuff happens.

So, yeah, it's getting better. Not great, but better.

Also your character is actually calling the shots instead of tagging along with the others.

Edit: Also the cutscenes are a good deal better and the open world voice overs are nice.

Kassad fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Oct 24, 2015

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Xae posted:

Being second in command din't bother me. Being second in command to a guy with less personality and charisma than an inanimate object did.

I was thinking about Braham and co, not really about Trahearne. You're supposed to be the leader of that group but in practice your character is just following their suggestions. It really comes down to the presentation but I think it's a nice change.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Azazell0 posted:

(where was that golden city hiding during GW1?)

It wasn't there yet, it got built after the dragons started waking. Auric Basin is where The Falls were in GW1 for those who remember that. Verdant Brink could be the same place as the Bloodstone Fen mission.

I also just realised that one of the ambient music tracks in Auric Basin is a remix of the music in Augury Rock and Glint's Lair. :allears:

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
It would apparently be even slower on a normal hard drive.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
No, there are a bunch more points who are tied to achievements.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Baron Von Pigeon posted:

I wasn't using a guide, and now that I've done it I need to ask: was there a better way to get the story journal achievement Leave It to Me (complete the teamwork trial without reviving any pact soldiers)? Because what I ended up doing was kiting the boss back to where you respawn and dying over and over and over and over again while I very slowly headbutt the boss to death.

You could have done it with a group, I guess? I'm not sure if the other players would be turned into rabbits, but at least that'd be 5 times as many headbutts.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
The mentor tag is handy as poor man's commander tag.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

ShadowMar posted:

masteries only work and gain xp at 80

And only after you finish the first HoT mission with one character, too. It's unlocked for your whole account after that.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
They said this last week:

quote:

General Bug Fixing, Polish, Balance, Performance, Etc.
As we continue to monitor Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns™ on live, we’ll keep pushing out bug fixes and polish and performance updates. We’ve reached a point where these will come bundled together in larger, less frequent updates as we prepare for the activation of additional expansion features. We’ll also be releasing limited balance updates to fix really key game-breaking issues. Once every quarter, we’ll release a new, major balance update to shake up the meta for the next quarter.

And the first wing of the raid is meant to become available "in mid-November", so probably next week. Once can hope there'll be a bunch of bug fixes released at the same time.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
What about the herald shield?

Edit: I mean the basic version you get from unlocking the specialization, at least. The collection for the improved version doesn't seem to be very expensive to make but it's gonna take a while to get all the masteries you need.

Kassad fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Nov 10, 2015

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
Announcing the Winners of the Guild Wars 2 Guild Emblem Contest

That quaggan :allears:

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
Never mind jumping, being unable to cast spells while moving would be the real deal breaker for me.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Sprite141 posted:

So they legit don't care of we break around the maps, just so long as we don't cheat our way to chests and poo poo it's all cool.

That's really loving cool, but let's wait and see how long that lasts.

Is there really that much potential to break stuff? Most of the maps are pretty flat overall, aren't they?

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
Zhaitan was what cut off contact with the rest of the world, there was no way for ships to sail past Orr while he was there.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
With the expansion, Guardians get wings without needing one of those skins. That's why they're the superior class. :colbert:

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

More like :france:

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

ItBurns posted:

Is there some kind of newish bandit encounter? I got a death threat - surprisingly not from another player - but I had to log out.

Dulfy says that if you complete one of the bandit bounty events with that item in your inventory, a legendary bandit boss spawns at your position and surrounds the area with an impassable wall.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

ceaselessfuture posted:

Like, even on a logical level, they give every race their anti-faction(Inquest, sons, etc) yet some of the races give them huge plots of land inside their capital cities (Sons in Hoelbrak).

That's because both the Norn and Asura are extreme libertarians that have almost no rules other than a ban on fighting in their respective capital city. The norn especially don't actually have a government: the guys in charge of Hoelbrak are one family's militia with no presence outside that city. Isn't it the Lionguard who's actually fighting the Sons of Svanir in norn areas?

The Asura are supposed to be more of a cyberpunk kind of thing with independent companies doing whatever the hell, with the peacemaker feebly trying to avoid any more disasters like at that reactor in Metrica.

Edit: It's neat how the Lionguard have outposts all over the norn and Asura lands but only a small one at the very edge of charr territory.

Kassad fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Jun 18, 2016

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Magres posted:

Tbh I wish guardian had a trait that just removed light fields from all their abilities or some signet or something. That or make Light Fields not be one of the absolute worst fields in the game

:nms:They gave Guardians even more light fields.:nms:

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
I can't believe none of you mentioned that the Super Adventure Box is back.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

quote:

Cosmic Logging Tool – 1000 gems
  • You call down on a black hole from the sky to chop your trees.

That seems rather excessive.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Kessel posted:

Yes, it really should be just 500 or 700 gems or so.

Oh I meant the idea of summoning a black hole to chop down a tree, but yeah that too.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Xun posted:

It was elona so sounds like more poo poo and piss colors.

As opposed to Cantha, the giant slum.

I mean, yeah the Jade Sea was awesome but that city, Jesus.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

quote:

Blurred Frenzy: The damage of this ability has been increased by 100% in PvE areas only.

That sure is a buff.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

ApeHawk posted:

To be fair, the buffs for every profession in this patch were a joke, not just engi.

Oh boy, a 6% dmg buff to the first two/thirds of mesmer sword auto chain, woooo...

Kassad posted:

quote:

Blurred Frenzy: The damage of this ability has been increased by 100% in PvE areas only.
That sure is a buff.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Sorry to see that your asura bricked itself.

Kassad fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Oct 25, 2016

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
What expansion?

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
There's a China region but it's completely cut off from North America and Europe.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

nickhimself posted:

How long does this event typically last?

About two weeks. The actual Chinese New Year is on the 28th so you've got at least until then.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
What's the raid storyline about? I'm probably never going to set foot in it.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Illuyankas posted:

The main parts they come up short to warriors in is having less ability to just poo poo might everywhere and having worse condi builds.

They also have a lot slower movement in comparison, that might take some getting used to. Few movement skills, not many sources of swiftness, no +25% moving speed trait. I just broke down and bought a set of Traveler's rune.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Jinh posted:

Are there any classes where you can just move fast all the time while still having relevant skills?

Chronomancers get a minor trait that gives them +25% movement speed.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
I'm just going to leave this here:

https://twitter.com/Peter_Fries/status/862189326569844736

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
It does, that's how I got one for this collection (I was under a week away from getting it).

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Illuyankas posted:

Finally you go to an island and the storyline drives off a cliff and this is where the final free Black Lion key reward is so I don't remember what happens next

The last two story arcs are helping Trahearne unite the orders in the Pact and the invasion of Orr.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
The priestess of Lyssa having no time for his bullshit was funnier, IMO.

• Locked thread