Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

tuo posted:

Nice, so the missions don't actually need AI and cover systems, else they couldn't be complete before AI and cover is implemented. 100% interactive movie game confirmed.

To be quite fair, you don't need AI or cover for squadron 42 because it's a movie. It's just going to be 40 loving hours of unskippable "cinematic" cutscenes by crobberts. Checkmate goonies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Chris Ihao posted:

So how does a man (Chrogbert) look like when his dream crumbles and crashes at PAX?

:frogsiren:

Where is the video of this?

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

EightAce posted:

Pop quiz:

1) Who still thinks I am wrong and that sq42 will still be out this year in some form. Obviousley that German article was mistranslated and Chris Misquoted. Despite there being not one shred of evidence that sq42 even exists as a game (And we now have 3 months left in 2016). If a prelude level surfaces around 2018/19 will some of the hardcore then start to question Chris?

2) based on the sq42 shennanigens and CIG's track record for maybe , possibly being a bit out with their deadlines who thinks that a fully working progen planet with trading and FPS, 3.0 will be out in December ?

3) based on the blink and you miss it, animatic of a badly animated space dude checking his gun at gamescom , who thinks that Starmarine will be out this year as well?

I can tell you what you will see. A sweet looking trailer for sq42 at Shitcon. All dev work is now on hold and everyone is taping and gluing furiousley to get a sq42 showcase out. We just need to finalise the attaching of some smoke to some mirrors and we are nearly there.

Stay safe, developer ghost(s). And please post more, it's always wonderful.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

AP posted:

INSERT DISK ERROR ON STARTUP

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1 start star citizen
2 log in
3 click launch

ACTUAL RESULT
game loads, but I get a cig launcher error saying I need to insert a disk into a drive. I have to close around 8-10 of them before I can get into the game. game loads normally I should note that if I close the game, but not the launcher and relaunch the game, I no longer get an error.

EXPECTED RESULT
Game loads without disk errors

I love all of these but this one might be my favorite.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
The LEVEL article was a really good read. Long but totally worth it.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Raskolnikov posted:

This legal inquiry has been sent to the wrong business! That said, we will refund them their money... TOTALLY AT OUR DISCRETION THOUGH REALLY.

:perfect:

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Lady Naga posted:

Hi I'm just checking in as to the progress of this dead game. Apparently they're giving out keys for it with graphics cards now? My partner's friend just gifted them one and they said something about a singleplayer module coming out "in a few weeks"???? This thread is huge.

Oh really? I think that's the first we've heard of them giving out keys with graphics cards. I wonder who covered the cost of that?

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
For some reason I have attempted communication with the shitizens in the comments of the shacknews video.

Apparently I am insane according to them for saying that less than 1% of the game is complete due to less than one solar system out of one hundred is finished.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
PC Gamer posted an article about how Star Citizen put together a trailer advertising that they added headbob = off, a feature in every FPS going back, what, 15-20 years?

Anyhow, lo an behold, when I pointed this out in the comments a wild Cymelion appeared.

https://www.facebook.com/cymelion.notapplicable

Another Australian. I suppose the earlier theory about them has some merit.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

vyst posted:

Head Bob is now Sandi got to where she is in life

:drat:

I laughed really hard at that one.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
I noticed Kotaku UK is down - is it being DDOS'ed by angry shitizens?

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
I spoke with the Kotaku UK editor on twitter today after disagreeing with the conclusions in the final piece. And while it's evident that, for example, a great amount of money was spent on expensive Restoration Hardware furniture, there is no proof that it was bought with backer money, no receipts. Same with the public record lawsuit(s) and late filing(s) in the UK.

I thought this all warranted at least some scrutiny, but something very interesting was brought up in the conversation, which might just be key to their series of articles: Kotaku UK is based in the loving UK. I, for one, forgot that their libel laws are much less favorable to the press than those we have here in the USA. Due to their location and laws, they must hold themselves to a different standard than what I expected, dulling their opinions to a certain extent in order to protect themselves. Their actual opinions might differ but they have to cover their asses for legal reasons.

That all said, I thought the articles were all excellent. The only fault was not seeing the former Gizmondo staffers currently on the CIG payroll.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

D1E posted:

LOL all comments regarding Sandi Gardiner's terrible acting have been completely deleted from the discussion on the last Kotaku UK article.

Like, an entire section wiped clean.

Might tie into the libel fears I mentioned earlier. I'm not sure how libel law works in the UK, but I know it's harsher than it is in the USA.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
When does citcon start? I wanted to watch the hilarity live but I'm working all day saturday :(

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

you know even if star citizen folded tomorrow I feel like I got my 20k worth, its easily the best game I've ever played - Citizen

I wonder if they'll try and get their refunds out of us after CIG folds? Like we've been getting real entertainment for free out of their dumb waste of money while all they've gotten are jpegs and ~dreams~.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
I sat in on Derek's stream until CIG's stream died on the ugly planet. Just caught up. Jeezus, that was boring and unimpressive as hell. And then their big reveal was a broken cinematic? Holy poo poo. I thought the lowlight was going to be the endless chat/forum thing they had going but they somehow managed to embarrass themselves more.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
I am ashamed that I have to go to sleep and will miss the thread reaching page 6000. That said, the idea of griefing ben lesnick, unrepentant horrible person, by purchasing and destroying animation cells from a show only he cares about is a very goony thing to do and it makes me giggle a lot.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

thatguy posted:

As you may or may not know, we're currently in the process of moving off this old-rear end rickety shitbarge known as vB and migrating to a BRAND NEW PACKAGE OF WONDERFUL FORUM SOFTWARE THAT OFFERS FEATURES YOU WOULD'VE NEVER BELIEVED WERE POSSIBLE BACK IN 2002 OR 172 FOR THAT MATTER!

Also as you may or may not know WE DON'T HAVE MUCH MONEY BECAUSE WE'RE NOT POPULAR OR COOL ANYMORE AND EVERYBODY HAS MOVED ON TO poo poo LIKE SNAPCHAT OR INSTAGERM OR CLOWNCAR OR WHATEVER! So we're going to simply copy the quickest and easiest way to generate revenue in the history of the universe, which is do it the Star Citizen way!

If you donate now, I will personally draw and email to you a jpeg spaceship OF YOUR VERY OWN! Completely unique and amazing, each digital spaceship will have its own stats, numbers, weapons, and various other poo poo I come up with the drunker I get. The more money you donate, the bigger and better and more awesomer spaceship you will receive! Like if you donate under $10, I'll just send you a copy of six lines which may or may not intersect with each other, but if you donate $100,000,000... hoo boy, I'll spend at least 10 minutes on your drawing. It'll have the best stats, the biggest numbers, a bunch of weapons, all that poo poo. Nobody will be able to beat your awesome digital jpg spaceship!

And just like Star Citizen, these spaceships WILL ACTUALLY BE PLAYABLE in a future release! We guarantee it! You'll be able to shoot other spaceships with your spaceship in the upcoming SA Forums MMO: Spaceman Spaceship Wars (In Space), which will ship with SA Forums 20.0!

This is not a joke! I'm dead serious, especially about the being broke as a clown part, and I'm ready to start pumping out digital jpg spaceships for all the brave Goon Citizens who volunteer to take yet another hit in their wallet for the sake of a dumb outdated gay dead forum.

Please send us all your money now and reap the amazing rewards digital jpg spaceships of your dreams!

I saw this and realized that I've probably gone a dozen years without paying anything for this forum. Considering the endless hours of entertainment over the years, I donated $50 to get a decent but not spectacular collection of lines that might even intersect at some point.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

spacetoaster posted:

Gord? Is that you?

All of you, read these stories and laugh.

http://www.actsofgord.com/

Years ago Gord came on SA and was pretty much a smug jackass. He ended up getting permabanned. The full story is amusing: https://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=235

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
Having just caught up through skimming, Star Marine didn't look like the usual dumpster fire of broken rear end poo poo that they usually show. It didn't look like it offers anything new or interesting or fun, but it seems to be a basic team on team shooter. I gotta saw, good on CIG for finally managing to put out a FPS in a FPS engine after half a decade of work and $130 million!

On the other hand, Sandi and the green screen is just the gift that will keep giving for ages.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
bad

I've been on the internet since 93-94, back in 3rd or 4th grade. Out of all the things I have ever read on the internet, this is the most complete and total destruction of someone online that I have ever seen. It is a Platonic ideal somehow given shape and form. I feel like adulation, praise and claims of perfection are overused these days, but I sincerely mean it when I say that this is the best post I have ever seen on the internet. Thank you Derek Smart.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
Remember when they were going to have monthly patches? So 2.6 was the big June patch in theory. In practice it's almost December already and it's nowhere to be seen. It's not that the backers will never know, it's that the backers are incapable of remembering.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Beet Wagon posted:

Go easy on him, the story of Ben Lesnick is a lot to take in. I mean a lot.

Because there's so much of him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZqo4OZ0Pqs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
On this thread's recommendation I got Rebel Galaxy and I gotta say that it's a pretty fun game with a loving awesome soundtrack. I'm really enjoying it!

• Locked thread