Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Outrail posted:

Can someone please explain this emote?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t02v9EUHs30

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Evilreaver posted:

Big titty goth GF (grain farmer)

She's got huuuuge..... tracts of land!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
My money's on chronic masturbator, blaming the act for all his shortcomings in life (no girlfriend/job/success/etc)

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I am a qualified surgeon.

...Has anyone seen my wristwatch?...

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Goddamn, that's a stone-cold murder right there.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Waste of Breath posted:

Something Awful's Homestuck

Something Awestruck

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Just playing the brown note.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

haveblue posted:

All my posts are free verse

Not when you paid :10bux: to be here.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

iwentdoodie posted:

Glass Onion

I...

wait....

poo poo, you're right. :stare:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

credburn posted:

I want to play FFXIV but it was a game my ex and I spent 400+ hours playing through together and she left me for a friend of ours whose name was literally Chad and I'm real fuckin bitter about it and can't play it anymore

flatluigi posted:

so the little thing in the game was you

A murder occurred in the PYF Little Things in Games thread.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Cythereal posted:

Some days you just have to wonder what planet some posters live on.

Is there a reason you cherrypicked the tailend of a longer post to obscure the context? :confused:

ishikabibble posted:

the answer to all of that is insecure cishet male gamedevs OP

Two '''normal''' girls macking on each other is hot, as is being flirty or outright horny for one another like it's a twelve year old's wet dream. It's completely nonthreatening in a way that masculine looking women or non-comedic gay males aren't. This poo poo isn't even new, Fear Effect 2 had it be the entire basis for its ad campaign and that was a game from 2001

I'm glad folks are happy to see representation but like... tbqh I almost feel like it's such a softball that at this point there are more female videogame characters that are confirmed lesbian or bi than there are ones that are confirmed het.

Don't forget Life is Strange, a series that I'm pretty sure seems to be entirely about a variety of disaster lesbians, in the multiple ways that phrase can be interpreted.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Cythereal posted:

Because it's completely ridiculous and I cherrypicked it to make that point? Pick any given game and the overwhelming majority of female characters are straight outside of the odd game that specifically makes a big deal about it.

It's rare, if growing less rare in modern years, and the goons going 'but where's my badass straight women?!' are absurd.

You mean this goon? :confused:

Vic posted:

One emergent stereotype seems to be that if the woman is badass she's gonna be gay but the man usually isn't. Like where are the badass mother main characters / killer mansluts? Also physically strong women with average-to-no muscle mass, or the muscle being entirely in the butt. Also short hair on a woman = gay.

Cythereal posted:

...You don't play video games with female protagonists much, do you?

Gay women protagonists are still almost exclusively a Bioware phenomenon, and less often an Ubisoft one lately (Kassandra from AC: Odyssey gets married to a dude and has kids no matter what you do). Games where you can choose the gender of your protagonist, and almost all romances in those games are bisexual and identical for both genders. To a lesser extent other modern RPGs like the Pathfinder games.

This is honestly the first time I think I've seen a modern non-indie game with a female protagonist (and no option to play a dude) has that protagonist be gay.

And it's still optional so you can have your precious straight woman.

Vic posted:

I was hoping we didn't have to go into internety passive aggressive accusatory nonsense over this. I didn't specify videogames either. What I meant is I really wanna see more stuff like the Last Of Us tv series thing. Not soulless, market researched, commitee approved, trending, pandering, sanitized, cis-male-gazey stuff.

I realize I might be nitpicking but honestly the poo poo I'm seeing is very naive. Girl kissed a girl big deal.

You're making strawmen of goons having a discussion about the issue of "safe" mainstream-sanitized queer representation in games, which isn't actually LGBT content getting made. It's often just L. And that's the problem they're talking about.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

That man with that dead-eyed smile looks like you could accuse him of having committed just about any heinous act or crime, and you'd be more surprised if it was disproven then factually true.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Jedit posted:

And also how he managed to roll away that stone.

E: I'm now picturing Jesus rising and thinking "thank me the apostles couldn't afford a decently constructed tomb, I don't fancy spending the next three days in here".

Probably planned well ahead. Never build a tomb you couldn't escape from yourself in an emergency. :eng101:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Kangaroos occupy that niche in Australia and rural vehicles often have those giant Mad Max bumpers called 'roo bars' for that reason. You even see them on otherwise unassuming Subarus. (Subaru is or was popular in rural Australia, something about the styling works when you're on dirt roads some days and going into town others)

Kangaroos live in anticipation of hurling themselves bodily into the nearest vehicle moving at high speed. They are dumb fuckers and being mostly dense muscle can utterly gently caress up the vehicle they choose to merge with the front of.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Lol, I never knew BravestOfTheLamps was blocked by that many.

I'm not surprised by it though.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Splicer posted:

When he says he's Type A but he's really micro-b

That's not what he was talking about, you really need to get to a clinic asap for testing... :ohdear:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Desert Bus posted:

I'm glad someone caught that

I only just saw the username on the last one, but I want you to know at least two people appreciated it as well :allears:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Karate Bastard posted:

If someone mad is buying those can I get one too? Their dumb as poo poo if that helps

Someone got real salty with the GBS War in Ukraine thread, and bought a lot of posters there Hillary avatars.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Tree Bucket posted:

He rose in a halfshell, turtle power

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Blue Footed Booby posted:

That last guy's banned for an interesting post :dogstare:

Oh it's a whole thread. I can't decide if it's a tragedy or blessing the image links are dead.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

I'm just picturing Knight Man making a perfect 90-degree pivot and fall off the ledge of that building. :allears:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Oh sure, but when I start scrubbing my weiner in public at the beach I'm a "weirdo" and a "pervert".... :rolleyes:

Edit: Lol, what a page snipe.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Funny, I thought the priesthood was typically only interested in young boys! :downsrim:

(Check the base of the spine)

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BOOTY-ADE posted:

Can't wait to see ED-42069

"Squat low & shake that rear end. You have 10 seconds to comply"

ED-TWERK-09.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Set that person free, they spoke truth! :byodood:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Absurd Alhazred posted:

:whitewater:

That whole thread is something.

Yeesh, never mind. :yikes:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

More like youngtouches.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Hitler goes on to kill 6 million people, though in this case accidentally via zip-line

Either way, he still goes on to create camps engineered specifically to kill innocent people in brutal fashion.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

venus de lmao posted:

I hate that my first thought was "I can fix that"

I will not code for the forums. that codebase has eaten the souls of better programmers

All you'd really need is an "Are you sure?" Preflight and confirmation step to fix the probl-:yikes:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Karate Bastard posted:

Mods please ban this person. We cannot be what stands between them and their dreams.

No, no, no, Ban and Mod Challenge;

They can't come back until they finish painting their Warhammer army, with picture proof.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Holy poo poo, every frame is a brutal massacre :stonk:

(My favourite is "What are the exact legal grounds to declare a mistrial on a pair of shoes?"

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Phy posted:

In case you've never read the original twitter chain, there's a bunch more that didn't make it into the edit but absolutely would have also been worthy

https://imgur.com/gallery/1sRcD

"Shoes look like a dictator's fez my man"

"Hey, next time you're prying stuff off a dead hustler can you grab me a mesh tanktop" is just brutal.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

FFT posted:

It's like the SR-71 ATC call story but with the message "don't gently caress around with trains"

Which story is that?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

That's just unkind, loving hell. :stonklol:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Tesseraction posted:

Yeah Team Four Star have done rewatches of their stuff and admitted they don't stand by their previous output. That's fine, honestly - I've got posts on SA I'm not proud of, even if they got laughs at the time.

Even some of early Hellsing Abridged is very rough, and you can treat it as a vertical core sample of how their work's evolved over time because it was an annual Halloween special.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I also spent a long time thinking the miners just let their canaries die on the regular and I think it was just last year I learned otherwise, that they bring the bird topside and start trying to resuscitate it. However I now realize I learned this fact and immediately put it in mental storage in a way where I have sort of vaguely half-pictured this canary resuscitation not as a tiny oxygen cage (obviously correct) but as human-to-bird CPR, with a huge grimy coal miner (probably wearing a headlamp still) providing minute mouth-to-beak breaths and the tiniest most careful chest compressions, pausing to check for canary consciousness every two to four seconds, the whole 9 yards. This mental image does not hold up to even an instant of scrutiny and I am both baffled by my ability to form it and yet also not surprised at all that I did

Clearly they'd use a bike pump. :colbert:

(I also assumed they just let the canaries die on the regular until now. It's interesting and wonderful to see how much they cared for them and tried to save them though. :allears:.)

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

zimbomonkey posted:

My wife asked me to get into a miniatures game so she would have something to paint. Took one look at prices and she decided to get some paint-by-numbers instead.

Go take a look at Bandai's Gundam High Grade kits and 30 Minute Mission model kits. They're simple, detailed, don't need glue or paint to assemble, but can look great painted up. Stand about 10cm tall, action-figure size, and aren't too expensive.

Then come share your new addiction in the Gunpla/Plamo thread :devil:

Neddy Seagoon has a new favorite as of 03:49 on Mar 27, 2024

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Aphrodite posted:

I made one because it was Nier, and seemingly the only merch that exists for flight units.

I kind of just found it annoying, which I understand is for the best because it will save me so much money.

Sorry to tell you, but Bandai kits are moulded in coloured plastic and don't need paint or glue. Just nip off the sprue, and snap together a nice poseable robot. And are much cheaper and easier to build ::devil:. So are Kotobukiya kits (somewhat) and Good Smile's MODEROID line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Outrail posted:

Goons, famously proficient at the tap and smash

Been talking to your mother, I see.