Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Oh no, you might have to flick your thumb a couple times to scroll past a longer quote

perhaps lowtax should instate a character limit for posts. 140 seems reasonable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

fruit on the bottom posted:

I meant writing the post. I'll read any long posts if they're good.

I think I assumed your complaint was the same as those from another thread where people were whining about quoted articles, so my bad.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

yeah actually they will posted:

I heard someone was talking poo poo about the front page... Mother fucker...

This just made me realize, is "There's a front page?!" still bannable? I feel like the statute of limitations should've run out on that but you never know

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

The Ferret King posted:

Partial credit. What makes it a proper loss is when there are only two people in the fourth panel.

Sormus posted:

The third plug goes into the ground. Like the baby.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
It just occurred to me that, like the world of free-to-play games, the SA forums have a small subset of users who spend a disproportionate amount of money on the product, or "whales."

Lowtax invented microtransactions. :aaa:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Dennis McClaren posted:

Is this Game of Thrones?

Android Apocalypse posted:

No it's northern Oregon.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ussCHoQttyQ

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I heard you guys like meltdowns

Well he's very much not wrong

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Screaming Idiot posted:

I'm probably gonna get laughed at for agreeing to the basics of this post, but I do. GBS became the worst forum for a long time and it's only recently returning to a readable state, and even then every other thread is white noise garbage that should be gassed.
qft

Edit: goddammit I agree with screaming idiot. Oh well, broken clocks and all that

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Facebook Aunt posted:

Everyone agrees half the threads are bad. We just don't agree on which half.
It's better than the period of time where all the threads were bad

But I'm a forums old, I've probably been around too long for my opinions on forum quality to be relevant anymore.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
re: Steven Crowder

Kibayasu posted:

I still can't get over how he makes such a point about making sure everyone knows he's married by fiddling with his ring in his twitter avatar.

Edit: "Hm, yes, a good picture. American flag, forlorn look off into the distance, inspirational. And now to raise my hands awkardly to mid-torso, look like I'm fidgeting with my hands like a 12 year old talking to his first crush, aaaand done."

Jurgan posted:

Why is it that when goons see a gaping rear end in a top hat they fixate on the ring in the foreground?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
For the uninitiated:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpk2tdsPh0A

Stick with it, trust me. You're in for a ride.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Choco1980 posted:

I hate myself for finding this fascinating. I mean, the whole "half press" semantics are dumb, but seeing people break games I'm familiar with is always interesting to me.

I feel you, I'm in the same boat. Especially when breaking the game involves god drat parallel universes

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Panfilo posted:

*LA Beast holding fathers cremated remains on the edge of a pier* "I won't scatter your ashes to the heartless sea. You're all diamond subscribers to me. Like and Subscribe, dad." *Awkwardly wolfs down ashes* "Urk, it's got a texture to it, like grits. Not too bad when you Siracha up the cremains though."

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Paladinus posted:

Here, let me update the joke for modern sensibilities.

*in an extremely stand-up comedian voice*

You know what's unlikely? A stripper holding a fart while giving you a lap dance. Not that I mind!

*is revealed to be a sexual harasser one week later*

Best one yet imo

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

PopeCrunch posted:

Yeah and it eventually became like, EVERY GAME, the same half-dozen idiots would tear their clothes off, eat everything in sight, and giggle while making GBS threads everywhere, smearing the poo poo all over themselves or others, and chasing down everyone not interested in their coprophilia to tackle them, butter them liberally with poo poo, and forcefeed them poo poo until they threw up.

They got weird with it, is what I'm saying.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Jon Arbuckle is morally inept

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
It's always been perfectly acceptable to be part of the quote chain leading to the funny quote itself

nobody cares

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
:doh: somehow I didn't see the post right above that one and thought he was talking about Jedit

It's me, I'm the idiot on social media

edit: I DISRESPECT MYSELF

Son of Thunderbeast has a new favorite as of 20:28 on Apr 5, 2018

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
People will still request it.

Anyone have the "Play it again, sam" post?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Caufman posted:

There is no distinction to be made between the mouth and the anus. It is all one hole.

theres actually zero difference between in & out holes. you imbecile. you loving moron

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

spog posted:

Nice language. Do you kiss your mother with that rear end in a top hat?
no, but I've certainly kissed your mother on the mouth

all three of them!

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

LimburgLimbo posted:

You’re right; I am a foreigner that knows about ingrained cultural racism in Japan. Arguably I know more about it than most Japanese becuse I’ve experienced to some extent all sides of the equation, being treated as Japanese in some areas and deeply understanding the culture, while in other contexts been victim of it.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Solice Kirsk posted:

:sigh: I remember all of those things.....

Man, I really have wasted a lot of my life on these forums.

:hfive: same af

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Pirate Radar posted:

Alex Jones is swollen up and bright red literally 100% of the time.

But then he starts flashing and he gets more i-frames, see

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

reminds me of this music video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3w1_E1V46M

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Solice Kirsk posted:

Peasant: "Hey Harry, wanna play kill, marry, gently caress?"
Henry the VIII: "Sure! Anne Bolin!"

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Why'd you post the leader of an Asian country laughing, is that supposed to disprove his point or something

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Dying irl at this

(because of the polonium)

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

doverhog posted:

Russians are Asian the same way the Finns are Mongols.

Finland exists within the borders of the Mongol continent? :monocle:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

minato posted:

call the police on thanos

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Presented without context:

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Solaire is working by his bonfire when he hears the booming voice of Darkstalker Kaathe from below: “Solaire, sacrifice your souls. Entrust thy flesh to me.” He ignores it. It goes on for days. “Solaire, sacrifice your souls. Entrust thy flesh to me.” After weeks of this, he relents, selling his souls. Darkstalker Kaathe says, "Solaire, go to New Londo.” He asks why. “Solaire, take thy souls to New Londo.” He obeys, goes to New Londo. Kaathe says, “Solaire, go to the deepest well of The Abyss and throw all of yours souls down into its infinite depths.” Solaire hesitates but knows he must. He's commanded by one of the Primordial Serpents, after all. The depths are the deepest blackness. “Solaire, sacrifice thy souls.” Why? The Abyss— “Sacrifice thy souls!” He demands something of Darkstalker Kaathe--to tell him if Ceaseless Discharge is an allegory for anything; he dumps some souls into the Abyss as he does so. He breathes easy. “Solaire, sacrifice all of thy souls.” What? “SACRIFICE ALL OF THY SOULS." He asks for another answer: Was the furtive pygmy a midget or a dwarf. Some more souls are sprinkled into the well. “Solaire, sacrifice thy souls,” the voice of Darkstalker Kaathe commands. I only have a million left! Solaire shouts. “SACRIFICE THY SOULS!” booms the voice. One more question, Solaire suggests, sprinkling more souls. The booming voice of Darkstalker Kaathe goes: “Hit your dick with a hammer, if you still have your foreskin it'll bounce off like it's made of stone."

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

SilkyP posted:

Quantum mechanics huh? Piece of cake :spergin:

Kind of, yeah, for practical purposes anyway. Even rocket science isn't rocket science anymore.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Bell curves and all that. When you have literal billions of people you can find adult humans that just kind of...ended up that tiny. Sometimes the body just gets to 4'10" and 90 pounds and goes "alright, I'm done." Under normal circumstances yes a fully grown person shouldn't be all that tiny but it's really the opposite end from the people that grow over 7' tall.

My guess is that they also picked the tallest black guy performers they could find and then did some camera angle tricks to make them look even bigger. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they were a bunch of like 6'3" guys that were standing on boxes behind her. She's also sitting cross-legged so she looks smaller than she is.

edit: Looking closer the dudes are also leaning forward which makes it look like they're looming. Your brain just kind of registers that as them being bigger than they actually are. The dude farthest to the right isn't leaning and is the biggest so you kind of just assume the rest of them are also that big.

Erebus posted:

you got more anal about it than they did

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
context: Overwatch just revealed a new character, a hamster who pilots a mech

:kimchi:

Yestermoment posted:

I'm just glad that Hammond is a character that can not be tumblr'd into wanting to gently caress any of of the other heros.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Supercar Gautier posted:

I think wearing a Chinese-style dress falls under "cultural exchange" in a way that a rocket launcher shaped like a totem pole does not.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
They're probably talking about her Lunar New Year qipao skin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Pirate Radar posted:

Well, I’m sure that was a whole thing.
It actually wasn't, like at all. Some poster in the OW thread is trying to make it a thing though (and a mod immediately went "don't do this" lol)

The native american skins Pharah had though, those were rightfully an issue, until Blizzard went "Pharah is part native American on her father's side"