Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

If they'd uploaded it to waffleimages it'd potentially be gone forever now

(I don't remember if waffleimages existed by November 2008)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

At least re: fancy apostrophes, it's because they aren't really in ASCII

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

It's the grilled cheese vs melt(down)s

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

The villain is still called Odlaw though which doesn't make any sense

quote:

His name "Odlaw" is simply a reversal of "Waldo" from the American editions, although he is still called "Odlaw" in the United Kingdom as well. In the reboot, he is reimagined as Odlulu, a misunderstood pre teen female Anti-Wanderer designed as a fusion between Wenda, Wilma, and Odlaw's traditional designs. She sports a yellow baseball cap with black stripes and glasses with angular black frames, and shoulder-length black hair with a yellow streak. She wears a long-sleeved black and yellow top, and a yellow skirt, knee-high black socks with white cuffs and blue shoes.
lmao what the gently caress, there was a reboot?

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

christmas boots posted:

Oh for sure. The Waldo canon got super impenetrable after a while if you didn't keep up with the movies.
Listen, I'm on board for Carmen Sandiego movies but what the gently caress is a Where's Waldo/Wally movie?

"The elusive trouble-maker is up to his regular tricks as everyone from his landlord to the FBI searches for him-in this hyper-realistic portrayal of Where's Waldo."

what the gently caress!?

Since when was Waldo a trouble-maker, he's just there somewhere!

/e oh that's for a 5 minute 2016 short starring recently notable rear end in a top hat Flash actor Ezra Miller as a detective I guess

I'm only more confused tbh

stringless has a new favorite as of 10:30 on Apr 5, 2022

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Lobok posted:

I've seen a lot of 9/11 memes but I don't remember potatoes being part of any.
"Boil 'em, mash 'em, fly a couple planes into 'em" doesn't ring any bells?

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Stolen tweet valor, in the PYF Tweets thread? It's more likely than you think

https://twitter.com/albzsfc/status/1279553544543186947

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Inceltown posted:

This is the funny quotes and it was a quote and funny. I stand by my work.
It's good work, you've got nothing to be ashamed of.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

The harshness in the aughts is what got us here and/or kept us here still posting on a dead gay comedy forum because just about everywhere else on the internet has been a loving trash fire for at least a decade.

And this thread is an edifice to that.

(And the SA Sagas thread that's been in timeout since the beginning of the year.)

stringless has a new favorite as of 10:40 on Apr 17, 2022

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Perestroika posted:

Ah, an ultrawide monitor.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Truth. Gonna have some BsLsTs for lunch too

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Jedit posted:

You'll be murdered for this the instant you set foot in Scotland. Not for suggesting that they're all drunks, for calling it "whiskey". Whiskey is an American beverage made from dogpiss and stewed in a dead tramp's asscrack, sometimes for as long as five minutes. The water of life made with love and care to a centuries old recipe with fine Scottish spring water and grains is whisky.
The malt for Scotch Whisky is literally toasted over swamp solids, they should probably chill about it tbh

Always been kinda curious how the Scots feel about Sexton, which is basically an Irish Scotch

but also I've been on the Royal Mile and lmao

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Desert Bus posted:

I have legit Dyscalculia and once asked a math question somewhere on here and got probed for asking for homework help when all I was doing was being all autistic about the disorder that caused the Dyscalculia. The info that I based my question on is severely discredited now, so long term? I got a useless answer and a probe. No judgement, no regrets.
lmao

Desert Bus posted:

I have Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome. I also suck at math.

In order to get an EDS diagnosis, you need to have 2 or more broken things from a group of 6 genes and 3 enzymes.

How many variations are possible?

Anaconda Rifle posted:

Assuming it doesn't matter if you have 2 broken enzymes or 2 broken genes or one of each, it would be 9 choose 2 + 9 choose 3 + ... + 9 choose 9.

Desert Bus posted:

I honestly have no idea what you're getting at there. Like I said, I am awful at math (Thanks Dyscalculia!). Can you solve the problem and show your work?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

quote:

SAL is not a forum for doing your homework. Even if this wasn't homework, you still need to reread the rules. User loses posting privileges for 1 day.

And that's literally in the "ask small math questions that don't deserve their own thread" thread

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Did the same with Bungie's map editor for Marathon; it was really neat figuring out how to get rooms connected

There was a really interesting Duke3d map that was four square rooms that "overlapped" and a square loop around them that connected to each room via one side, so as you ran around the loop you'd have access to a different room depending on which side of the square you were on

It might have been even more complex where each square also had an exit on each side, so there were four "loops" on the outside? Think the corners had teleporters too. It was wild

stringless has a new favorite as of 08:23 on May 2, 2022

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

I mostly just did it irl instead

In my late teens I got into airsoft and we mostly played in a building that was once a school -- two stories all set up in a line with stairs at either end and a huge staircase in the middle. We usually played as teams starting on each side of the bottom floor, and The Matrix had recently come out, so I invested in knee pads and got very okay at sliding around corners and sliding to the corner of the top landing in the middle with a pair of MP5Ks at the ready

Yes, black combat boots and urban camo cargo pants were involved, why do you ask?

stringless has a new favorite as of 09:31 on May 2, 2022

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

lord funk posted:

This was definitely in the Marathon maps too. They called it '5D space'. I used to make impossible maps like that for PvP arenas.
Was it 5D? I'd have figured 4D. Still, it was fuckin fascinating and yeah, the Duke3d one I'm remembering was 100% excellent for deathmatching though appropriately enough the most players I ever played it with was four

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

There's a bridge at the end of e1m1 in Duke3d!? what

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Watched some youtube walk through, it's more of a walkway imo

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

90s Cringe Rock posted:

The ocarina joke isn't an SA original. Bluelight or somewhere I think. SWIM thinks.
alt.drugs or the Hive before Bluelight as far as SWIM

ocarina hospital teleport is an SA original, somewhere in this archived thread according to this post

stringless has a new favorite as of 09:26 on May 3, 2022

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

If someone gets unbanned, do they even get an email about it? Or is it just on that poster to still be checking whether they're banned a decade later?

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Well they've got PMs if anyone wants to give them the good news lmao

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

It's also a tradition on pool tables, where the winner stays on the table and whoever had quarters on challenges

stringless has a new favorite as of 13:36 on May 31, 2022

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

my edit sure didn't make that better

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Paladinus posted:

Who the hell uses purple?
Everyone using dark mode, duh

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

don't sign your posts

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Paladinus posted:

You should have washed the cats to keep the objects safe.
Have to be careful touching the groceries when you've got open wounds on your hands, though

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

moonmazed posted:

what happened to LAB?
Flew away

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

George H.W. oval office posted:

That is absolutely a thing in the Philippines. My old boss sent something to his brother and had to reference a chicken coup in the address

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

How many men did the chickens execute?

Zetsubou-san posted:

we don't like talking about what it was like under the reign of pollo pot

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Or be like me and edit a two line post seven times over 5 minutes

Then again like 15 minutes later when you remember something

stringless has a new favorite as of 06:15 on Jul 16, 2022

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Karate Bastard posted:

Scalpers at the sacrifice?!?
Boon God!?

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

He didn’t even intend for it to be a trans narrative, he just organically arrived at one because he made an “all dwarfs are Gimli” joke in one of his first book and followed the implications of that to their logical conclusion.
Was it before or after the first D&D movie, though?

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

DontMockMySmock posted:

I don't know what the first D&D movie has to do with it, but it came out in 2000.
The Dwarf character in it goes on about how real women have beards so you have something to hold on to.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Jennifer Coolidge Reflected On The “Benefits” Of Playing Stifler’s Mom In “American Pie” And Said She Slept With 200 People Because Of It

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

If someone is too creepy for ADTRW then maybe they're too creepy for the site as a whole

The Lone Badger posted:

'Too creepy for ADTRW' is literally the origin story for 4chan.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

The Lone Badger posted:

I don't even know what avatar I have. I guess I shpuld check sometime but :effort:
"Wait, don't!"

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Kitfox88 posted:

If someone asks if you're an admin, you say yes.

If someone asks if you're a mod, you say no.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

ICP fan with a foot fetish, obviously

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

EorayMel posted:

:hampants: Goon Meats(?!) :hampants:
Possible they got mixed up with caul fat, which is used for some dishes?

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Jedit posted:

What on earth is the context for that?
The Crypto Crash.

You don't want to know more, but she is/was in a polycule with Sam Bankman-Fried (head of FTX) and it turns out she took "casual sex implies the existence of ranked competitive sex" very seriously

Pirate Radar posted:

From the post I’d guess the city is Hong Kong.
It's Busytown, obviously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

Does amphetamine abuse stop you brushing your hair
No.