Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

some plague rats posted:

This is the problem with exclusively modding the biggest dorks available

probe me with a bdelloid you coward

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Platystemon posted:

A bunch of people in the climate change thread got images of a chipper green rotifer as probations once and someone in QCS got really mad about it.
A shining moment of hilarity.

Just look at that lovable face! it is not the head

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Walgreens prescribed/sold medicinal whiskey during Prohibition.

20 locations to 500+ in 13 years

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

freeedr posted:

We do Christmas crackers in the USA

E: I mean my family. I don’t know poo poo about anyone else
Same, though it's been a while

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

YYYY-MM-DD, so files sort super easily.

Bigendian forever, ISO 8601 supremacy derail.

I also run all my stuff on 24-hour time but still convert for talking to other people because I'm not completely crazy.

stringless has a new favorite as of 07:09 on Feb 6, 2023

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Empty quoted:

quote:

Black people!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

in a GBS thread titled "Oprah is giving you free KFC"

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

forums quote thread, brought to you by Sting
this is The Edge erasure

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

freeedr posted:

I’m still not entirely sure what gamergate was to this day, other than video game people were sexist dipshits in some way(s)

Cooties.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Beachcomber posted:

Why does the bull appear to have a remora of some kind?
Well, look at how pale the fur on that bull looks compared to other bulls you've seen in these situations.

That's the bull-leech.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

I know everyone's got hot takes ready to go but maybe just chill out

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

What? No, "You're loving dead or alive, kiddo" is clearly the best line

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Captain Invictus posted:

Now for something actually hilarious

lmao someone* bought SPR a Koalas March av

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

HazCat posted:

So are we just all going to ignore that she's done it repeatedly? This wasn't a one-time lapse due to Real Life poo poo.

Endorph posted:

i assume jeffrey meant 'repeatedly in the past few days' since shes gotten a bunch of avs in the past few days

sebmojo posted:

There's one from mid 2021.

Endorph posted:

you would not believe the sigh i just made

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Visiting a graveyard in Vienna, hearing a Beethoven song in reverse,

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

turn left dems noooo

/e: okay it was low-hanging fruit

more falafel please posted:

Turn left Dems noooooooooooo!

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Oklahoma actually has some quite varied scenery if you're driving on I-40.
I've driven 40 from Memphis to Vegas/California and back several times and I straight up had to look at a map because I couldn't remember ever going through Oklahoma.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

A finger on the monkey's paw curls:

You remember every other game you've played or just seen just fine so you judge a game you've never seen before against everything else you've played

I've tried to go back to Chrono Trigger, Planescape: Torment, Skies of Arcadia, Legend of Dragoon. They don't hold up as well as you'd think.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Okay Chrono Trigger was a bad example, that's on me. That said, I suspect a bias.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Biplane posted:

Camaradeerie :hai:

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

No use hoofing around it, I'd deerly like to muzzle up or rein in this particular pun track or at least herd it away from someone getting pronged over it

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Milo and POTUS posted:

Are computer mice really something that merits this sort of poo poo? How heavy is a mouse anyways and does it really matter
Lighter = faster = better and I've got a need for speed. Which I play with a controller.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Splicer posted:

When he says he's Type A but he's really micro-c

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Poorly-labeled bulk containers?

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The line between medicine, drug and poison has always been a matter of context at best.
"Pesticide" is also a matter of context and scale.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

But just "rodbeard rodbeard rodbeard rodbeard rodbeard rodbeard"

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Actually that just means it's working perfectly. Like how elephants are so good at hiding in trees!

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

I had my wisdom teeth taken out under local anaesthetic and the worst part was (presumably from bad experiences in the past) the dentist wouldn't show me them until after the procedure was done. Then after personally walking in to the pharmacy to get my percocet (oxycodone) prescription and getting home, I took one after the anaesthetic wore off. I only took halves as necessary after that because woo boy suddenly I understood why oxys are abused.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Diablo 4 lets you change your tattoos in-game, but not your hair.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Wait is this actually a real thing and not just a running gag about Brandon Sanderson?

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

BOOTY-ADE posted:

Every time I see this I remember one of those bird memes that looked like this guy with the caption "the risk I took was calculated, but man am I bad at math"

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

FreudianSlippers posted:

Why would she be Jewish?

Her grandad is a pagan god and her best friend is a crustacean.
"Friends, Not Food" is established elsewhere in the Disney canon as well.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Grassy Knowles posted:

i just saw two dogs on my walk to the bodega and back. neither dog was molested.
dickdirkinstweet.txt

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

It's "Ranma One-Half"

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

space uncle posted:

I wish I had the time and energy to go back and read this guys argument. I’m not a DND expert but I have played 4E/5E a bit and BG3 a bit.

DND 5E fighters are strong now. Yes they did remove the 4E fighter spellbook where you had to pick between 35 different sword attacks that made you and your enemy move like knights or pawns or bishops. You had to have a loving 50x50 grid and three hours to just hit a dragon with a sword. That’s supposed to be the dumb guy class. God forbid one of your rear end in a top hat friends picked the psychic class that had 500 status effects to track and all sorts of weird movement edge cases.

My stoner friends would always pick the most complicated classes and could never figure out what the gently caress was going on in 4E. “Ok I shift him 2, that gives me a +1 to attack, but a -1 to damage. So then if I roll I can make a bonus shift with a +3 to attack but the damage die is replaced by a d4. Ok now for my minor action the enemy gets a -2 then shifts 2 then on my next turn I get a +1, which increases to +2 if he’s bloodied.”
It's one thing to fall into a trap, it's quite another to dive in headfirst.

It explains a lot.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

All redtexts and gangtags should have compulsory links back to the post or thread that created them
I feel the same about thread titles, i.e. the OP should at least be kept updated with the source of the most recent one.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Fred is on posted:

You step into the throne room, where you witness hundreds and hundreds of dark elves in a circle performing a satanic dance. They turn and start hissing at you. "Nyeeeeh, nyeeeeh, you will never get our precious Orb of Gartak, because we hate your freedoms and your prospeeeerity! What we love is transgenderism, Klaus Schwab and open booorders!" As they speak you see them putting children in tubes, your children, and, and, and, and this is confirmed, this is all over the mainstream news. They ADMIT that they put hundreds of thousands of children in tubes, hundreds of thousands in every state, every day, and... you don't want to know what they're doing to these children, folks. It's bad. I won't go into it, but just imagine the worst thing they could do to children, and it's worse than that. (Ten second pause.) Now I have a question for you: Will you retreat like the cowards the elites think you are, or will you FIGHT? WILL YOU STAND UP TO DEFEND EVERYTHING THAT IS GOOD AND BEAUTIFUL AND PURE? WILL YOU GRAB THESE DIRTY KOBOLDS BY THE SKULL, politically, non-violently, AND STOMP THEIR GUTS OUT? ROLL FOR INITIATIVE! But first, I need to tell you about the once-in-a-lifetime deals we've got going on all magic items, all gold purchases half-off and double patriot points with the coupon code "PALADIN"--
Knowledge Fight/Alex Jones thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

jetz0r posted:

Holy gently caress, the sa-mart jerky thread is going to be 19 years old in a couple weeks.
Geez. I got an order back in 2010, it was solid.