Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

BULBASAUR posted:

Also to the dude who wanted to play White Scars, here's a cool paint theme that's pretty easy to pull off and looks dope:

I like the Alpha Legion infiltration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
I don't have any Spartan experience, but how has the Xiphon been treating you?

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
Luther is Alpharius

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
I heard second hand that he was 44.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
Im going to be floored if you get more than 10 marines in that $40 box.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
So wrong for 28mm, so right for Epic.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

DJ Dizzy posted:

How do people run seekers these days. With or without a rhino?

Scouting Phobos or Dreadclaw, at least when that 3 unit phosphex quad launcher battery can't live for even 1 turn.

Ghazk fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Aug 8, 2016

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

Lord Twisted posted:

Am I reading Sacrificial Offering correctly in that you cannot have assault squads in the primary detachment?

Kind of sucks as I was planning a cool Word Bearers force with assault Marines + a warp cult.

It's certainly ambiguous, but I interpret "The army may not include any models that deploy using the deep strike special rule" to mean you can take units that have deep strike but have the option to not use it.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

Hencoe posted:

Doing a mega battle/showcase game at a convention and they gave us some gifts.

Is that an Iron Warrior outhouse?

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
I don't have a fancy display board yet because I'm busy painting Alphas

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
DEEP undercover

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

BULBASAUR posted:

Do you have close ups of the sweet looking terminator with the plasma cannon?
Can take some shots tonight. Use him as a count-as plasma blaster because I hate the regular plasma blaster design, at least on a terminator.

BULBASAUR posted:

How did you do your orange glow.
Bottle of Vellejo Blazing Orange Airbrush paint, a cheap amazon airbrush, 0 experience and a can-do attitude.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

BULBASAUR posted:

Do you have close ups of the sweet looking terminator with the plasma cannon?

Slightly better crappy cellphone pics.

BirdieBedtime posted:

The white helms on your vet sarges are rad as poo poo. I'm glad to see more people using the Raptor helms in 30k.

They felt right at home with Autilon's nightmare rabbit mask

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

adamantium|wang posted:

Only problem is 9 in 10 are weighted to roll ones.

Clearly so you can pass pinning tests.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
Anyone have any firsthand experience with the dark compliance list? On paper there seems to be some pretty silly things you can do. Ogryn in a dreadclaw, disposable superheavies, cheap troop tax, etc.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

ijyt posted:

But their models are so cool :negative:

For perspective, one power dagger attack is worth approximately two close combat weapon attacks against T4 power armor. They're ok under Alpharius, but yeah, generally speaking, you're better off with seekers.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

panascope posted:

Seattle goons, would there be interest in a day/night of gaming with Bulbasaur and I? We're talking about coordinating something later this month.

I play most Thursday evenings at Meeples in West Seattle if that is at all convenient.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

Lord Twisted posted:

Bugger. So no way to it at all? Allies can't take LoW from memory :/

Technically you could do a bare bones Solar Auxillia primary detachment and then cram as many salamanders in the allied force as you could.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

BULBASAUR posted:

You can ally it in through Solar Aux. It's not a LOW in their list

Ooo good catch. I propose this: Solar Aux primary with bare bone troops. 3 infernuses with a few tank commanders for outflank. Ally in Salamanders who sit in the backfield and cackle with childlike glee.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

ijyt posted:

Would having veteran teams with combi flamers and heavy flamers be redundant? While also running pyroclasts? :kimchi:

I recently went up against a 10 man blob of pyroclasts running down field with a 10 man blob of support tacticals with flamers, both with apothecaries. It was gross.

If both of their transports didn't bottom out on a hill on the top of turn 1, it would have been even grosser.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
Quick and dirty post processing is dumb and fun.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
In case you haven't had the pleasure of experiencing it first hand, this is what it feels like to be shot at by quad mortars.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

Lord Twisted posted:

Is this the iOS fx app? Only thing that has made me sad to be on android

Yeah called Lens FX

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

tallkidwithglasses posted:

Hahaha hell yeah

Better, but you forgot the dinosaurs.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
Opening salvo from 6k game this weekend in Seattle.

Tanks and crotches

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
I play regularly at Meeples in West Seattle. We're still small and average 4-6 30k players on any given week. These were from the narrative event weekend that was held at MOB Games up north. First time I had been there. About 20 people with a lot of nice looking armies.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
Thursday nights, from around 5:30-10:00.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

BULBASAUR posted:

Besides, I doubt they want to play with filthy hams such as us

Certainly come ham it up with us. Activity will probably lull until after the holiday. We have a casual book 4 based campaign starting the second week of January, so we will hit the new year running.

Facebook group seeing who's going to show for any given week:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/249354188752163/

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

5:30 in west Seattle might be tricky (I work downtown and live up in Greenwood) but I'm definitely down to come slam at some point.

We have a couple guys that roll in from magnolia around 7. The time slot is flexible, especially if you arrange games ahead of time.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
Meeples serves beer AND allows it in the game room :getin:

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

BULBASAUR posted:

This is mandatory for heresy hamming

I can't process this disaster of a rule set sober anyways

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

The natural evolution from 3 laser vindicators and a sicaran venator in Autilon's Skorr's Decapitation Squad would probably be a Cerberus. :unsmigghh: :toxx:

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

So up until yesterday I just assumed a Vigilator was a support officer, but when I was re-reading the red book I realized that they can be the Warlord. I've been having a lot of fun figuring out fun things to do with that- scouting up a stealth'd acid heavy bolter squad into some cover is definitely going to be happening in one of my armies soon.

Anyone else have interesting non-delegatus/non-praetor warlord lists?

I ran two vigilators in a game last week. My opponent wasn't very happy about me getting first blood on his contemptor before the game even started. Tank hunter sabotage attacks from the Alpha Legion mutable tactic :rms:

I'm going to test drive an HQ deathstar tongiht. Going Praetor with paragon blade, full command squad with charnabal sabers, forgelord with rad grenades, chaplain, and apothecary in a phobos. Seems like it might do great things, but in reality the phobos will probably immobilize itself on a sign post turn 1, then the unit will get cut down as they run across the field.

Ghazk fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Jan 19, 2017

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
I don't know if he will bring it tomorrow, but your opponent likes his leviathan dreadnought in a dreadnought drop pod. Might want to make sure you have a plan for that possibility (lots of heavy bolters in the back?).

Otherwise looks pretty solid. Should mulch anything on foot.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

Aesaar posted:

Huh, Onager Dunecrawler-ish with a Volkite Demi-Culverin.

Guessing that's for the next book.

I always thought that the Dunecrawlers would be perfect for the reductor artillery tank, considering how they ignore a lot of rough terrain, which would make sense with the legs.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
Joined the killed-a-mastadon club tonight. Laser vindicators never let me down.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

Hixson posted:

Hey guys can you snap fire ordinance weapons with PotMS?????

Nobody knows.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
My Alphas throwing down with some rad Blood Angels

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

:hellyeah:

This is at meeples right? I wanna play you some time.

Yeah, my attendance has been spotty since January, but in a few weeks my schedule will be going back to normal and I should be able to start making Thursday nights regularly again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

Last night I tried out a unit that looks really good on paper, but haven't seen anyone talk about using. I allied in militia and took a ten strong unit of mutant spawn. Also attached a librarian on a scimitar, but unfortunately didn't roll any synergistic powers.

They still managed to soak up an ungodly amount of firepower, destroyed a predator and a few firedrake terminators before finally getting wiped out.