Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

meiram posted:

My feed has always been surprisingly ok for having grown up in SC, but this just popped up because a guy I knew in college commented on it. I clicked, because my friends who comment on things tend to be the sensible ones, but nope. He's the comment shown on the screenshot. I didn't even bother looking at the rest.

Just accept that people from South Carolina will find a way to be disappointing, especially when it comes to their opinions. It makes visiting home a little bit easier. :smith: :hf: :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Arcsquad12 posted:

Why is it that the most vocal racists have the most access to computers and are the most active on social media? My facebook feed has been flooded by morons and I take the time when I see them in real life to tell them what an idiot they sound like. Because apparently Canada is letting an ISIS army cross into our country without background checks or something.

A lot of the those racists are "generally nice and pleasant people." They're polite towards the people they meet, who are almost always white, and only show their true colors when there's a safe excuse to do so (i.e. a terrorist attack or a particularly disruptive/distructive protest). If someone does accuse them of racism, there's a good chance they'll counter with a story of that one time they, commendably, treated a relevant minority as a human being.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Puppy Time posted:

Well, they're all based on stuff published in psych journals, so it's not TOTAL bullshit.

Yeah, but they're presented as lifehacks that you can totally use in your day to day life. I'd say they ones that are total bullshit are marginally better since with ones like these, the people who buy into them can just go "These are proven facts, are you saying the scientists are wrong? :smug:"

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Eh! Frank posted:

STDH, but not in the way I was expecting (showed up in my facebook feed after a former coworker girl Liked it):

This was posted with the comment "The feels on the bus go round and round", and many of the comments were about how sad (depressing sad, not pathetic sad) and romantic it is.

Whether or not this actually happened, this really shows just how much worse Nice Guys are compared to the callous assholes they bitch about. At least the rear end in a top hat would have given her the chance to bring up what she's going through instead of using every moment he had to remind her just how much he deserves her love.

MizPiz has a new favorite as of 21:50 on Nov 27, 2015

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Verus posted:

Does Reddit count as social media?

I've known CUNY and New School students who can go for days. Best bet is probably NYU, though, since it has the most significant "apathetic kids with very rich parents" population.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Strom Cuzewon posted:

The Gotye song is a direct criticism of the exact kind of attitude they're accusing him of! It's a breakup song (a la Adele, The Script, Ed Sheeran ) in which the woman interrupts the emotionally manipulative whining to call him an immature douchebag. We are not meant to be on his side.

How can they be this bad at interpreting the song?

Don't you think that might be the reason why they used it as an example? :v:

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Fathis Munk posted:

So in their nightmare world the holocaust was cut out of history class because it was not PC? How do they even come up with bullshit like that?

The DemonKKKRats are focusing on the Jews being killed over the REAL atrocity committed by the Nazis, gun regulations.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Wanamingo posted:

I'm going to play the devil's advocate here and point out that the thing at the end with the rear end to the face is at least a real move in women's wrestling

Maybe not the best defense given :vince:

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

zVxTeflon posted:

With what mythical navy would they be transporting these millions of soldiers?

If we're playing out the "millions of Muslims across the world join together to fight the West" scenario, it wouldn't be hard for them to acquire. They can buy a lot of ships privately and retrofit them for war. If you want proper naval ships, there are Muslims serving in various countries' armed forces, including navies. Commandeering a few ships with the help of some irregular fighters (pirates, insurgents, defecting soldiers) is doable; even more so if they have help from one of the hundreds of ships already used by the navies of various Muslim countries (like Saudi Arabia, Iran, Indonesia, etc.).

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

cash crab posted:

I doubt it. Even hyper conservative Canadians don't usually jive 100% with the sort of underlying political expectations of the US. We were founded differently and colonized very differently and continue to think differently. Some of the most hardcore conservative people I know would probably be considered moderate down there.

I've heard and still hear the exact same thing said about Europe. The only real difference between the US and the rest of the West is that, everywhere else, the more sensible conservatives know to distance themselves (at least officially) from the spiteful bigots bitching about how they have slightly less power over minorities than their parents and grandparents.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

cash crab posted:

"Rape is awful and I literally hope that it happens to you because I don't believe it ever happened to you to begin with!!!!1"

I thought it was "Rape is awful and I literally hope that it happens to you because you changed your mind about having sex with me!!!!1"

Phone posting so I can't tell what the comic's actually about.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

fullroundaction posted:

Did you know that if you replace some amount of letters in a word with some amount of different letters it sometimes makes a new word? :eng101:

Stupid concept aside, I'm still not even close to understanding what the intended meaning of this is.

Corny as gently caress, but the message is good enough to get away with it.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Who What Now posted:

Who wants some Pure Platinum grade insanity?

If you click one link in the IOSM thread this year... make it this one.

This... This is just... :allears:

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

lifg posted:

There's an "idea" going through conservative thought now, where Trump isn't actually problem for the GOP, but is instead a problem for SJWs and therefor the left.

So what they're saying is we should bomb Trump supporters?

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Byzantine posted:

It was very nice of them to preserve Greco-Roman knowledge after attacking and conquering most of the Greco-Roman Empire, yes.

Not to downplay the importance of Islamic science in the medieval era (which was indeed insanely important and heavily underrated by racists), but it's a little silly to credit them with saving ancient knowledge when they're the ones that destroyed Sassanid Persia and any hope of a restored Rome.

Think you might be biased on this one Mr. Eastern Roman Empire.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

The Saddest Rhino posted:

yo let's make something meant to be mildly funny to be loving hateful instead

This is something 14 year old edgelord me would have written. Based on experience, I can confidently say he smugly congratulated himself for "completely destroying her mentally and emotionally" after he posted the comment and again for each subsequent response.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Stoatbringer posted:

Ear plugs look nothing like rubber bullets. For reference :

The ones that the reporter found are these:

They're vaguely bullet shaped, but are obviously not rubber bullets.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I hear Obama said "gently caress Chris Kyle, Japanese technology forever!" and then wiped his rear end with the 9/11 flag.

Was this before or after he had members of Los Zetas rape the Constitution?

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

FordPRefectLL posted:

he for some reason emailed me a segment of the conversation

this is what i get for being sarcastic on the internet

the 1 like on the fuckboy comment is from me because i thought he was kidding at first

Bless your heart.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Lamprey Cannon posted:

Well, you're not entirely wrong.

All I can feel is extreme pitty. Like, I legit want to see her get help.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Byzantine posted:

The Presidency should not be handed off between two political families.

TBF only one of them is really a political family. :v:

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

The Saddest Rhino posted:

just as a note, this is what happened recently in the national libertarian convention

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d45x4OpMoow

Let's be honest, that made the libertarian convention more entertaining than either of the other two. The only thing that could top it is if riots did actually break out.

Edit:

goose fleet posted:

Who do you think most libertarians are or aspire to be

Some combination of Elon Musk and Clint Eastwood.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

The best summary of it I've ever seen is this:

Add "gays are okay" and that's literally the extent of it.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

goose fleet posted:

What the gently caress is alt-right because I haven't found a single concise explanation of it that doesn't veer into a rant about something

This is the most concise explanation I've come across.

Ok Fella posted:

That worked out well.

Good, LoB is far too good for you.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

:boom:

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

constantIllusion posted:

If we black people didn't riot after 12 Years A Slave, Django, The Help, or the new Roots, what makes them think that we'd riot after Birth of A Nation? Oh wait! Racism.

I was under the impression Black Lives Matter was a direct response to The Help.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Mak0rz posted:

I think that bird is secretly a dog actually.

:siren::iceburn::siren:

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

poptart_fairy posted:

How do you keep someone from escalating by doing the exact thing that's escalating them.

Speaking personally, the escalation is the point. The best thing that can come from Milo is for him to have a completely self-destructive breakdown that makes what happened to Jason Russell seem recoverable. Basically, I'd like to see the "Breitbart on Twitter" comparison to be prophetic.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

EvilGenius posted:

The current situation is All Lives Matter Except Blacks, hence Black Lives Matter. Why is that so loving hard for people to grasp?

It doesn't affirm that they're equally as screwed over in life as a people who fear being legally killed for walking out of their house. We all have problems, after all.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Trump's popularity really illustrates the disgust the American people have for their own political process. A vote for Trump is just a vote to burn the world down to dance around the flames.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

AlbieQuirky posted:

You know the story about how the frogs didn't want King Log, so Zeus sent them King Stork and he ate them all up?

You could have just said "Brexit"

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

poptart_fairy posted:

If the right people are victims, bad things are actually good. :)

Goons seem to agree overwhelmingly.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Chomp8645 posted:

Don't know why you are picking on the one guy when they are both total idiots.

Other dude is a mediocre troll at worst. The fact Mr. Badass took the bait makes him the idiot.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

If they were really unique, they'd be wearing a shirt with one long sleeve and one short sleeve, and I would laugh because that's really stupid.

And that's why we laugh at you! :cool:

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Mu Zeta posted:

What the hell happened to the guy that originally uploaded Leroy Jenkins 9 years ago? :psyduck:

https://www.youtube.com/user/pj007101/videos

Edit: Whatever was wrong was fixed. Still not seeing the problem, dude just got into avant garde art.

MizPiz has a new favorite as of 18:05 on Jul 29, 2016

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
GUY FIERI, have you eaten at your new restaurant in Times Square? Have you pulled up one of the 500 seats at Guy’s American Kitchen & Bar and ordered a meal? Did you eat the food? Did it live up to your expectations?

Did panic grip your soul as you stared into the whirling hypno wheel of the menu, where adjectives and nouns spin in a crazy vortex? When you saw the burger described as “Guy’s Pat LaFrieda custom blend, all-natural Creekstone Farm Black Angus beef patty, LTOP (lettuce, tomato, onion + pickle), SMC (super-melty-cheese) and a slathering of Donkey Sauce on garlic-buttered brioche,” did your mind touch the void for a minute?

Did you notice that the menu was an unreliable predictor of what actually came to the table? Were the “bourbon butter crunch chips” missing from your Almond Joy cocktail, too? Was your deep-fried “boulder” of ice cream the size of a standard scoop?

What exactly about a small salad with four or five miniature croutons makes Guy’s Famous Big Bite Caesar (a) big (b) famous or (c) Guy’s, in any meaningful sense?

Were you struck by how very far from awesome the Awesome Pretzel Chicken Tenders are? If you hadn’t come up with the recipe yourself, would you ever guess that the shiny tissue of breading that exudes grease onto the plate contains either pretzels or smoked almonds? Did you discern any buttermilk or brine in the white meat, or did you think it tasted like chewy air?

Why is one of the few things on your menu that can be eaten without fear or regret — a lunch-only sandwich of chopped soy-glazed pork with coleslaw and cucumbers — called a Roasted Pork Bahn Mi, when it resembles that item about as much as you resemble Emily Dickinson?

When you have a second, Mr. Fieri, would you see what happened to the black bean and roasted squash soup we ordered?

Hey, did you try that blue drink, the one that glows like nuclear waste? The watermelon margarita? Any idea why it tastes like some combination of radiator fluid and formaldehyde?

At your five Johnny Garlic’s restaurants in California, if servers arrive with main courses and find that the appetizers haven’t been cleared yet, do they try to find space for the new plates next to the dirty ones? Or does that just happen in Times Square, where people are used to crowding?

If a customer shows up with a reservation at one of your two Tex Wasabi’s outlets, and the rest of the party has already been seated, does the host say, “Why don’t you have a look around and see if you can find them?” and point in the general direction of about 200 seats?

What is going on at this new restaurant of yours, really?

Has anyone ever told you that your high-wattage passion for no-collar American food makes you television’s answer to Calvin Trillin, if Mr. Trillin bleached his hair, drove a Camaro and drank Boozy Creamsicles? When you cruise around the country for your show “Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives,” rasping out slangy odes to the unfancy places where Americans like to get down and greasy, do you really mean it?

Or is it all an act? Is that why the kind of cooking you celebrate on television is treated with so little respect at Guy’s American Kitchen & Bar?

How, for example, did Rhode Island’s supremely unhealthy and awesomely good fried calamari — dressed with garlic butter and pickled hot peppers — end up in your restaurant as a plate of pale, unsalted squid rings next to a dish of sweet mayonnaise with a distant rumor of spice?

How did Louisiana’s blackened, Cajun-spiced treatment turn into the ghostly nubs of unblackened, unspiced white meat in your Cajun Chicken Alfredo?

How did nachos, one of the hardest dishes in the American canon to mess up, turn out so deeply unlovable? Why augment tortilla chips with fried lasagna noodles that taste like nothing except oil? Why not bury those chips under a properly hot and filling layer of melted cheese and jalapeños instead of dribbling them with thin needles of pepperoni and cold gray clots of ground turkey?

By the way, would you let our server know that when we asked for chai, he brought us a cup of hot water?

When you hung that sign by the entrance that says, WELCOME TO FLAVOR TOWN!, were you just messing with our heads?

Does this make it sound as if everything at Guy’s American Kitchen & Bar is inedible? I didn’t say that, did I?

Tell me, though, why does your kitchen sabotage even its more appealing main courses with ruinous sides and sauces? Why stifle a pretty good bison meatloaf in a sugary brown glaze with no undertow of acid or spice? Why send a serviceable herb-stuffed rotisserie chicken to the table in the company of your insipid Rice-a-Roni variant?

Why undermine a big fist of slow-roasted pork shank, which might fly in many downtown restaurants if the General Tso’s-style sauce were a notch less sweet, with randomly shaped scraps of carrot that combine a tough, nearly raw crunch with the deadened, overcooked taste of school cafeteria vegetables?

Is this how you roll in Flavor Town?

Somewhere within the yawning, three-level interior of Guy’s American Kitchen & Bar, is there a long refrigerated tunnel that servers have to pass through to make sure that the French fries, already limp and oil-sogged, are also served cold?

What accounts for the vast difference between the Donkey Sauce recipe you’ve published and the Donkey Sauce in your restaurant? Why has the hearty, rustic appeal of roasted-garlic mayonnaise been replaced by something that tastes like Miracle Whip with minced raw garlic?

And when we hear the words Donkey Sauce, which part of the donkey are we supposed to think about?

Is the entire restaurant a very expensive piece of conceptual art? Is the shapeless, structureless baked alaska that droops and slumps and collapses while you eat it, or don’t eat it, supposed to be a representation in sugar and eggs of the experience of going insane?

Why did the toasted marshmallow taste like fish?

Did you finish that blue drink?

Oh, and we never got our Vegas fries; would you mind telling the kitchen that we don’t need them?

Thanks.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Picnic Princess posted:

Literally everything with more than two syllables.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Pot Of Shoe posted:

which one of these dinguses is the troop?

Neither, though they did start an American tradition. :patriot:

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

chitoryu12 posted:

Looking at the history of the two members, I'm like 99% certain that Die Antwoord is two South African hipster artists who decided it would be funny to make a semi-satirical Zef band and accidentally got famous for it.

What's the other 1%?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Ularg posted:

All of the internet and they need Imgur for jerk off material.

http://imgur.com/gallery/103Bx

Imgur's entire community is based on mutual masturbation, it shouldn't surprise you.