Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

ghetto wormhole posted:

Keys from Green Man Gaming have been sent out, preloading now :toot:

Can you register that gmg key on steam by any chance?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Orv posted:

GMG Ubisoft keys are always direct Uplay keys.

Aww drat. 😕

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Schnugaf posted:

Still gotta use uplay regardless of having a steam key or not.
Sooo, doesn't really matter that much.

I know I just like to consolidate my nerd collection on steam. It's an ocd thing

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Eonwe posted:

i have a 980ti coming with a rainbow six key so ill play this like, next week at some point i guess

drat that's a beast card what are you upgrading from? 1080p to 1440p 144hz?

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

these situation missions are great to get free renown

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

You should always bum rush shield guys and melee them. Knocks the shield away and then you shoot.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Vengarr posted:

This is a terrible idea that will largely get you killed.

Just throw a C4 charge instead. Kill the shield guy and his teammate using him as cover.

Not in casual :smug:

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

This is hilarious.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

ethanol posted:

let me rephrase that, is this game going to be dead on pc in 3 months like splinter cell blacklist

Wow I'm not sure what I'll do then. Maybe I guess I could play other video games? I don't know I need to ask the internet if that's okay first.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Keshik posted:

Wait you're playing this? How do I play this with you, I remember what a goddamn monster you were in Bad Company 2.

Awesome man get on CTS mumble there's usually a dozen people on playing. We'll kill and trash talk some randoms. I'm very bad at this though, I tend to throw grenades at the hostages and get shot in my feet a lot. I learned to check for those laser trip mines though so that's progress.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

could be someone shot the charge from the other side of the wall.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Gunder posted:

Lag switches are like unicorns: everyone's heard of them, but they don't actually exist.

I could do it in bf4 by almost saturating my upload. i only have my own experience to talk about but it was consistent every time i tried. I could hit poo poo and everyone bitched about me lagging.

Anyone know what the various multiplayer ranks are? Trying to figure out where I stand in the herd.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Eonwe posted:

Game is uhhhh.... Fun?

I wasn't expecting that

fookin' lazer sights!?

unlock the emp grenade dude

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

AbortRetryFail posted:

I got accused of being a "loving roamer piece of poo poo" or w/e because I went upstairs to block off the hatches and got caught up there. People really hate the idea of anyone not being right on top of the objective marker.

I roam too, it's pretty funny when people ask why are you there!? why not?

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Eonwe posted:

I have 6 GB ram in my video card :smuggo:

pretty jelly right now my 280x runs like hot loud garbage and artifacts if i put anything sides lod and textures on high

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

also casual brings in way more renown per hour than ranked.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Liberatore posted:

No, it doesn't? The matches are longer but renown is directly based on your score. Ranked also gets a renown multiplier bonus. If you do worse in ranked then sure, casual is better.

Not that it matters. By the time you can play ranked, if you don't party up for it, you will have more than enough operators and attachments to stop worrying about renown.

It's exactly because matches are longer. I do the same in casual and ranked i looked up my stats on that ubi site. I'm just hoarding renown for the eventual DLC operators which allegedly cost 10K+ or whatever. I have everything i need right now except skins.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Liberatore posted:

I do a bit better in ranked and usually get 500-600 renown per win. Casual is half that. My record was around 1650 renown in a 9 round match during the beta, but that was at +95%, so about 850 renown base.

I didn't crunch the numbers but I'm willing to bet you -especially you since you have a high kdr and win rate -would rake in even more in Clancy bux. Don't compare match scores but overall per 3h game session for example. Especially if you get a wrecking crew to go 3-0 back to back.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

BadLlama posted:

MLG pro tip for people new to the game. When attacking go shoot out every outside camera before you actually start to do your plan.

here's another pro tip if you're down 1 vs 5 go back to the police van and get in it to drive away. you can save you gun and k/d that way.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

So i thought this game had some sort of anti cheat. saw three different hackers last night and one guy went 20-2 by headshotting everyone without a scope at the start of every round. I thought fairplay would have caught on to that?

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Hard posted:

Shield players are currently able to achieve full ADS accuracy without being in full ADS. It is unrelated to the time it takes to achieve that state.

I was wondering about this. i saw a guy with blitz shoot people every 1-1.5 second and would hit them reliably.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

whoknew posted:

Also, in case people didn't see it:

:siren:GAME IS $35 ON AMAZON TODAY ONLY!!!:siren:

http://www.amazon.com/b?node=13639505011

Game is definitely worth it at this price. I'm 110 hrs in and still playing at least 4 a day.

lurkers should buy the game, it's one of the best shooters we've had in a long time. it's like a mix of cs 1.6 and bfbc2 and it's got a casual mode for loving around and a try hard ranked mode too.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

a cop posted:

It wasn't obvious? People make shots like that all the time.

lol yeah they do with wallhacks

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Keshik posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZLaE2ri38I

I'm so proud of this. :)

Also, holy poo poo that shadow is great. More maps could use stuff like that, really dramatic lighting with long shadows being cast.

That's amazing, didnt' even know that was possible.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

amazeballs posted:

I paired up with a couple of solid dudes during ranked queues and one of them suggested the best Japanese operator. His gadget is ninja boots and he puts them on and you can't hear him walk or run while they are on, but while they are on barbed wire damages him. Hahaha.

what about the gear he's wearing? that makes a lot of noise too, does he get naked?

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

drat that's a pretty massive patch. I like what I'm seeing.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

New patch introduced mouse lag for me. Anyone else sometimes feel like sensitivity drops really low?

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Cardboard Box A posted:

Unofficial changelog? https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/4iy73l/undocumented_patch_changes/
[snip]
Some people seem to be complaining that the menus are like Battlefield 2-era laggy now. Or do you mean in gameplay?

Laggy during gameplay. I guess I have to tweak stuff, some people say it could the polling rate of the mouse but I don't think I updated anything recently.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Used to be gold 4. I'm now silver 2. I don't feel like I've been playing that much worse than before. :(

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Beastie posted:

I haven't had the chance to play lately due to work, but what could be done to tone Blackbeard down? Weaken his shield? Make it break after basically one firefight?

Change material to metal so visibility is garbage ?

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Squeegy posted:

BattleEye is good and I for one welcome our new illuminati overlords.

It's BattlEye GOD!!!

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

How's the new map? Can sledge just smash everything everywhere?

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

christ people are awful at this game, two rooks in a row don't even drop their plates no matter how many times i walk them through the process. and these super destructible maps are just loving nightmares.

think they removed the 20 req

Be nice to the new guys. Just ask over mic chat, they just haven't developed the habit yet.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Basticle posted:

i was killed while shooting her in the face so i got this obnoxious poo poo

she's like sup.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Party Plane Jones posted:

It's weird that Siege doesn't have a firing range or something for testing out weapons/attachments.

hurf play casual durf.

(i agree though).

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

If those are paid hacks getting banned then gj battleye.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

man those posts from the private cheat sites are great.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

People still throwing hackusations around after battleye banned every cheater and every person who thought about cheating.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Skuto posted:

Why is it spamming all those bans even for players not in my game though.

It's competing with fairfight and a bunch of other products which also announce bans globally. I think it's a good thing, lets people know that it's actively working.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

pedro0930 posted:

I've noticed that it seems you can shoot out thermite's charge even if he placed it on a reinforced trap door. At first I thought it's because I shot out the entire trap door (leaving only the reinforcement). After further observation, any gun can shoot out thermite's charge through reinforced trap door. You can destroy the charge both while it's burning or just placed, too.

Yeah one guy did this to two of my charges in one round so when I figured it out I started doing it to other people. I assume it's spreading like this.

• Locked thread