Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

The Insect Court posted:

That would require anti-Zionists actually acknowledging the existence of Israeli victims of terrorism.

Go do a search at nytimes.com or google news or any other major news site for "israel stabbing" articles from the past three months. Then tell me the only incident even worthy of mention in a thread titled "Of Israel and Palestine" involves the one in which a photograph is being stabbed.

It's just like the meltdown in the last I/P thread over the video of the Palestinian teenager shot while trying to kill Israelis. An ugly display, but one that seemed to provoke an endless outflow of spittle flecked rage from the same posters who reacted with a near total indifference to the killings of Israelis. Hell, I'm not asking for equality here, just a simple plea that this thread not start with a pages long display of dehumanization directed against Israeli Jews. And yes, an intentional effort to ignore the existence of an entire class of (actual dead people) victims in favor of focusing exclusively on a (not alive or dead because a piece of paper) photograph counts.

You're right, the murder they were celebrating is much MUCH more disturbing than the stabbing of the effigy. Thank you for taking time to rightfully condemn those monstrous settlers who could do that to such a nice young family.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

XMNN posted:

hi insect boy do you acknowledge that the idf has committed war crimes eg during their recent mowing the grass campaigns yes or no

He's yet to answer a direct question yet, dont see why he'd start now when he has so many strawman questions to answer instead.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

The Insect Court posted:

Well of course it did.

Why do you people think that's so difficult an admission? Is it because even a grudging, passive aggressive demi-admission(is a 'technical' war crime like 'technical' virginity?) that Hamas engages in war crimes in their attacks against Israelis is so very difficult for you for some reason?

All war is crime hth

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

The Insect Court posted:

'is it ok to murder innocent people'

Who do you think murders more innocent people every year, the IDF or Palestinian militants?

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

Ultramega posted:

You're too late, sorry. Peace and harmony now reign in the land of Israel and Palestine and nothing bad ever happened again between any devotees of the abrahamic faiths.

Wrap it up and make an India/Pakistan thread then?

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

Kim Jong Il posted:

The solution isn't hard. If you don't want apartheid, unilaterally start treating Palestinians like humans. It shouldn't have anything to do with the religion, it's no excuse whatsoever for anything less than basic humanity.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

GaussianCopula posted:

I hope Israel will crack down on these terrorist attacks and especially everyone who supports them.

Selective outrage is a hell of a drug

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

hakimashou posted:

I think a lot of people are uncomfortable with boycotts of Israel not because "the europeans are boycotting jewish businesses" but because "the europeans are boycotting jewish businesses again."

Woah, this is gonna be really embarrassing for you but someone has to break the news.

Not all Jewish people are Israeli. And since Israel surely isn't some kind of colonial apartheid state...

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

GaussianCopula posted:

So does the BDS movement request the Arab countries to respect the rights of Jews?

It's a stupid campaign that will not solve anything, because everyone knows that Israel can and will not accept those demands, especially a right of return on the basis of resolution 194, especially since somehow Palestinians can inherit refugee status (no other group does this). Instead of working to a peaceful solution (e.g. integrating Palestine refugees into other Arab countries, like Germany and Poland did with their displaced people after WW2) they keep the Palestine people as pawns in their anti Semitic campaign, which only serves Middle Eastern autocrats to have an enemy they can beat up on (rhetorically, every time they tried to do it militarily they got kicked in the nuts).

Its not like Israel or any other nation would ever respect some sort of 'birthright' to return to where one's kin is from

No sirree, no precedent for that anywhere at all nope

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

GaussianCopula posted:

So, just that I understand this, there is no birthright for Israelis, Germans, Poles (or any other displaced people after several wars) but for the Palestinians there is because ~reasons~?

People need to realize that it's 2017 and not 1948, which means certain realities need to be accepted.

Oh boy, are you sure you are familiar enough with this topic?

"No birthright" is a pretty hilarious misunderstanding on your part of how the Israeli government handles immigration and refugees.

edit: it's race theory, thats how they handle immigration

420 Gank Mid fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Jul 22, 2017

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

hakimashou posted:

What is the big deal about putting metal detectors at the entrance to the mosque anyway?

Yeah why do religious groups get so uppity once you impose COMMON SENSE regulations on them like barring them from their places of worship and treating them like criminals guilty of the sins of their neighbors, grandfathers and cousins?

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

Kim Jong Il posted:

Whether or not you think that would be a good outcome, it would represent the destruction of Israel as a distinct Jewish state and a Jewish majority state. It's fundamentally a response to 1948, not 1967. It almost certainly would lead to mass ethnic cleansing and hundreds of thousands dead. Not that it ever has a chance of happening, given current geopolitics and the unmitigated failure of BDS to do anything besides cancel a few concerts and academic conferences.

Are you trying to say that racial apartheid is a fundamental part of being Jewish?

Because that's pretty antisemitic

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

Kim Jong Il posted:

I thought it was a given among anti-Zionists that Israel was an ethnocentric state? It is, but most states outside of the US, Canada, Australia, etc... are. Whether or not it's a good idea that these exist is open for debate.

Is it now?

Who exactly is debating the merits of a racial caste system these days other than yourself?

Kim Jong Il posted:

It's not Apartheid, but ethnic based colonialism actually is a pretty big part of Jewish theology. Just as massive imperialism is central to Islamic theology.

is there a :goonsay: but for nazis?

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

Kim Jong Il posted:

The Tanakh literally has stories about Hebrews invading Israel and pushing out other tribes. God promises Israel to the Hebrews and demands purity from foreign influences. There's a party in Israel right now called Jewish Home that's centered on implementing this as actual policy. This is not what the majority of Jews believe given that a big portion of the Talmud is why you should ignore certain Tanakh passages, and actually the majority of Jews, including Israelis, don't give a poo poo about religion. The fact is there's enough material to at least give Jewish Home an argument that they're representing "true Judaism."

My position isn't that Jews are bad or that ethnic cleansing is good. I have not remotely made any criticism towards Jews, and in fact the opposite, arguing that the policies of Jewish Home are consistent with the tenets of their religion. I just reject those policies and tenets.

Hrmm, this seems oddly familiar.

Which other minor sect in the region is using an incredibly narrow and reactionary interpretation of a popular religion to subvert the public perceptions of the larger religious family?

If only there was some way to tell the tiny yet murderous minority apart from the much larger and otherwise sane majority.

Oh well, guess we have to treat them all the same and refuse to view the situation with any nuance at all.

It's almost like religious extremist xenophobes are....bad....even if they say they're the same religion as YOU!

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

hakimashou posted:

There will not be a happy ending for the palestinians before they disarm and commit to giving up violence.

You are a naive idiot if you think that lying down in the street and watching your home bulldozed by settlers is a happy ending

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

Kim Jong Il posted:

Of course there's a wide variety of experiences within both, I just think they're frauds, the same for any religion. I'm actually adopting the argument of David Hume here. If you're going to water down the true religion even one iota, you might as well go full atheism. Logic can't be applied to faith, because if it is, that's the only reasonable conclusion. You either need full atheism or full fideism. All religion is unmitigated trash, you just need to say it in a context where it's not used to do things like cudgel people from the Middle East.

I didnt know r/Atheism had such a vocal pro-Israel faction

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

qkkl posted:

Well maybe they should try a different plan. If I were Palestine I would offer an unrealistically generous plan, something like:

• Israel does a whole lot more warcrimes
  • Israel gets to annex a continuous and convex piece of land in the West Bank equal to 50% of the total West Bank land area, and kick out any Palestinians who live there.
  • Palestinian Authority puts their seal of approval on Trail of Tears 2
  • Israel gets sovereignty over all of Jerusalem.
  • Israel recognizes the Palestinian state.
  • Like even more war crimes than currently
  • The Palestinian government promises to not fund terror attacks against Israel.

If Israel accepts this plan then I would see how much I could dilute the plan but still have Israel accept it.

420 Gank Mid fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Jul 25, 2017

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

Disinterested posted:

Look if you want to get mad about murdering civilians I'm all for it since Israelis do it 10x as much.

No but you see Israelis aren't killing any humans beings, only Palestinians so its A-OK

The selective outrage people like Gaussian and qkkl show off just demonstrates their own complete lack of empathy.

To them this isnt a problem to be solved because of all the human suffering it has caused in the past half-century. It is an eternal religious war waging since the creation of man to eliminate evil that they must win once and for all via genocide

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

Ytlaya posted:

But the way Israelis are killing the Palestinians is just more civilized. There's just something different about a Palestinian killing an Israeli that really riles you up! I wonder what that thing could be.

The difference is Deus Vult

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

Kim Jong Il posted:

I methodically responded to every point that actually engaged with what I said. You made up a bunch of strawmen lies that I never claimed, and after destroying them, I refused to engage further. That decision was loving embarrassing and a direct contradiction of forum rules.

Just like every other pro-genocide troll you shut up or run away when people actually point out the massive inconsistencies and inaccuracies in your posts only to come gallivanting back a few weeks later hoping people have forgotten.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

Lady Morgaga posted:

Jew racist ISIS apartheid neanderthal

Do you have an idea of what any of those words mean?

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

Lady Morgaga posted:

Seriously? Finally clearcut example? This thread is, and always was, full of lazily barely hidden antisemitism. From various blood libels to blaming [c]Jews[/c] Israel for every problem in the world. This is thread that thinks that stabbing in image of Arab to be much worse then stabbing living Jew.

Please point to one such example of blood libel in this thread

It was probably that literal Nazi German Gaussian if it was anyone

The only time I can even think people talked about poisoning wells is when Israeli settlers literally poisoned a Palestinian well
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9o2aGCdDiFY

like in real life; recently

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

qkkl posted:

Also the phenomenon of antisemitic Jews is them wanting to assimilate within their communities. They want to paint themselves as the "good Jews" who don't exhibit any of the negative Jewish stereotypes in the hopes that they won't be persecuted.

So any Jewish person that doesnt support genocide is an uncle tom now?

Just like the "real" muslims are the ones who fly planes into towers and the rest are either deep cover Taqiyya agents or 'fake' muslims

No wonder you see antisemitism everywhere you go, its yours.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

Lady Morgaga posted:

Maybe. Although antisemites tend to jump on "opposing the Occupation and Israel's ongoing policy of Apartheid " bandwagon very readily. And when you stand shoulder to shoulder with them it will rub off on to you.

You could literally swap out your posts with those from any random Free Republic poster and no one would know

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

qkkl posted:

And is it bad? Lots of first world countries have participated in eugenics, and they did it for practical purposes. In Israel's case it was deemed necessary because culturally Ethiopians believed that having lots of kids was good, even if you couldn't support them. This belief is incompatible with Israel's desire to be a first world country. One could argue that teaching kids from a young age that it's bad to have kids that you can't support is a form of eugenics.

Yeah guys whats the big deal about eugenics? Dumb libs will whine about anything these days amirite? 1 Samuel 15:2&3 and Hebrews 9:27 amen

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

qkkl posted:

No, because Ashkenazi couples could either support their children themselves, or had a community that could help them support their children (i.e. a poor father with lots of kids had a rich brother who helped support them). Ethiopian Jews didn't have those things, so if they had lots of children they would have grown up in very poor conditions. Remember that Israel wanted Ethiopian Jews to come to Israel so their lives would be better. Part of making their lives better was making sure they didn't have more kids then they could support.

Israel's non-consensual sterilization of 1st generation Ethiopian Jews was done in the Ethiopian Jews' best interests, not because they viewed them as racially undesirable.

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/2016/10/eritrean-refugees-israel-uganda-rwanda-161024130201856.html

quote:

Gebar, for instance, says that he was being held in an immigration detention camp in the Negev Desert called Holot, when, he claims, officials there informed him that he had three options. If he liked, he could stay indefinitely in the camp. A second option was to go back to Eritrea, the country he had fled five years before. Or, he could agree to take $3,500 and depart for a third country of the Israeli government's choosing.

quote:

Tedros Abrahe, an Eritrean midwife who also left Israel under the "voluntary departures" programme earlier this year, says he is "just waiting to be a legal refugee somewhere". ...But when he arrived, he found that his Eritrean midwifery qualifications were not recognised in Israel, and that the only work available to him as an asylum seeker was an under-the-table job cleaning the kitchen of a Tel Aviv shawarma restaurant.

Israel did not consider him a refugee. Rather, like nearly all of the approximately 42,000 Eritrean and Sudanese refugees in Israel, he was labelled an "infiltrator" - a label previously used to categorise Palestinians entering Israel. The only status Abrahe was allowed was a permit granting him temporary reprieve from being deported, which, he says, he had to renew in person every 60 days.

quote:

Between 2009 and 2016, Israel granted official refugee status to 0.07 percent of all its Sudanese and Eritrean asylum seekers - a total of four people.

quote:

According to Interior Minister Gilad Erdan, the voluntary resettlement plan had "encourage[d] infiltrators to leave the borders of the state of Israel honourably and safely".

But just how safe is it really?

According to research by Hotline and IRRI in Rwanda, most of the refugees who arrive in Rwanda are immediately smuggled over the border to Uganda.

Abrahe says that he spent just two days in the country - waiting in a house near Kigali under an armed guard - before being forcibly taken to Kampala.

Those arriving in Uganda are not afforded any further rights. Uganda's Department of Refugees says there is no deal to accept refugees coming from Israel. Douglas Asiimwe, the department's principal protection officer, told Al Jazeera that any refugees arriving from Israel were assessed on the individual merits of their cases.

They shouldn't need Uganda's protection, he explained, because they weren't coming from a war zone, but from a "safe" country that had promised under international law to uphold the rights of refugees.

Yeah really looking out for the little guy there. Only democracy in the middle eastTM

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

qkkl posted:

First generation Ethiopians came from a culture where having a high child mortality was normal, so first generation Ethiopian parents would feel less bad about a child dying from a preventable disease than Haredi parents.

Dont you get it people? Their 'culture' turns them into emotionless subhumans not worth our empathy

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

emanresu tnuocca posted:

So are we're ignoring the whole "Ethiopian Jews" thing and conflating it wholesale with Israel's treatment of African immigrants and refugees?

Yeah, there's no way this is part of the same larger problem of Israel being lovely on human rights of migrants and refugees, no siree

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Yeah I'm sure you've even read those articles before you posted them.

:sad:

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

Laserpig posted:

Look, I'm out of this thread, but before I go please allow me to make something clear.

Personally, I live and let live. If I lived in a loving war zone on the other side of the world under the boot of savage dictators and 19/25 of my family had already been bombed into the next life - and then I find out they're eating fresh plump strawberries glazed with melted chocolate after a 16oz medium-rare fillet steak... I'd give a testicle to get here too.

I don't blame the Asylum Seekers/Immigrants/Economic Migrants/Refugees or whatever the gently caress they are, I blame the elitist leaders of the EU and their evil, incomprehensible master plan to allow millions upon millions of unchecked people come flooding into Europe - who bring with them incompatible cultures and values, rape and terror statistics in Europe have loving sky rocketed since the African and Syrian "refugee crisis" and if you're going to ignore that, blame it on coincidence, or suggest that it's racism to discuss objective facts then god forbid your wake up call is for you or one of your close loved-ones becoming a victim to this.

:umberto:

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

Kim Jong Il posted:

Israel/Palestine isn't even the biggest example of ethnic cleansing in the region

Is this the first time you've explicitly recognized Israeli guilt in the ethnic cleansing of Palestine? I can't keep track of all the different pro-apartheid posters in this thread anymore but congrats on making some small progress comrade.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

Kim Jong Il posted:

The US, Saudi Arabia, Russia, who isn't aiding and abetting war crimes?

You can have an argument about whether specific present day actions like housing policy in East Jerusalem are ethnic cleansing, but it's sure as poo poo not comparable to mass population transfer.

And furthermore, "from the river to the sea" isn't exactly foreboding ethnic harmony, so it's not like that's a bridge that either side is afraid to cross. It's also clearly not apartheid in that these are two separate and distinct countries. If anything you could make an argument for war crimes, but apartheid claims are a category error. But by all means keep smearing anyone who supports the peace process and the two state solution.

Bolded for emphasis

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bantustan

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

Last Buffalo posted:

If you don't know which positions the poster holds, maybe don't crawl up their rear end.

You can be perfectly aware and critical about Israel's crimes and have an opinion more nuanced than "Israel is the greatest threat to mankind ever!"

Jesus loving christ you're a thick one arent you?

KJU regularly posts long-winded and completely disconnected with reality effort posts making excuses for the ongoing genocide in Palestine and when he finally says something approaching the truth and gravity of their crimes you want to snipe at me for complimenting him?

Do you pleasure yourself everytime a new Dry Bones comic comes out?

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

Kim Jong Il posted:

Nearly every country on Earth, including the Palestinian government, supports a two state solution and sees them as separate countries. So do independent polls of Palestinians.

Holy poo poo, how dumb are you if you think a Bantustan is an independent and separate country? That's the exact opposite of the purpose of a Bantustan like Israel is creating in occupied territories.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

starkebn posted:

Why can't Palestinians just have equal rights in a one state Israel?

Because the Israeli government keeps trying to cleanse them from the face of the earth and giving them rights would be an impediment to that goal.

Like all of a sudden if someone has equal protection under the law you cant just bulldoze their house and salt their farms to build your illegal settlements on the land their family has lived on for countless generations.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

qkkl posted:

The only perfect form of government is one where every decision has support from 100% of the population. Majority rule can lead to atrocities and oppression just like other forms of government.

Maybe instead of just focusing on the endgoal of a 'perfect government' we can just instead work on making fascist apartheid states less terrible and follow the road from there.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

Disinterested posted:

Note it's an implication of that argument that not letting fascists get their way is inherently oppressive.

Well you see the Palestinians are perfectly free to form their own state, govern themselves, create a life and community for themselves.

And Israel is equally free to stop them.

Freedom.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

qkkl posted:

Israel is not depriving Palestinians the resources needed for physical survival. They are limiting them, yes, but not depriving them to the point that Palestinians are dying.

You might want to double check that part

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

hakimashou posted:

Does HAMAS give people due process before executing them?

HAMAS and the IDF sure are similarly awful organizations. Glad we can agree on that much. I wonder which of the two murders more people and is infinitely more successful at spreading misery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

Lady Morgaga posted:

Any Israeli Arab that is not antisemitic and zealot looks at countries surrounding Israel and makes a choice not to destroy a place within 1000 kilometers that is not a shithole.

BTW thread full of antisemitic cunts is not a best place for information about Israel

All criticism of Israel is antisemitism.