Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Going to start a new melee character in the next league. Whats a fun build to aim for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Started a 2h marauder, was going to go cyclone, but picked up a frost blade and have been loving that. Cyclone is ok, but I really want to try frost blades with GMP and fork. That would be hilarious imo.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

MannersPlease posted:

Well GGG changed my character BanAllMuslims to RenameSPBA, free speech has offically died.

No, they are just getting rid of the real loving stupid ones.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

dangerdoom volvo posted:

oh but if i make banallwhites that would be fine right? they should call that country like new pcland, p cealand. aupckland. pchristpchurch

How fitting, you are quite banal

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

I dont think I can stress this enough, but gently caress the malachai fight. gently caress it hard.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

bakka bakka posted:

I played through act 4 with some random party for the first time after dozens of Malachai kills. People are really loving bad at dodging anything. Piety lasers, Malachai punches, anything and everything was being tanked. The party started at Daresso with 6 and by the time we finished Malachai like 5 people had ripped. I was shocked. I'm doing level 40 low-life lightning tendrils and a bunch of people not doing dumb poo poo are dropping around me.

Im well versed in the mystic video game arts of "dont stand in poo poo on the ground" and "avoid telegraphed moves" but that fight can honestly suck it.

I dont know if its just me, but an add usually seemed to pop up just as I was about to click to move away and then I eat a move and then he drops on of those explody patterns and then im dead.

In brighter news, the new currency trade page on poe.trade is awesome. Im having a lot more successful trades now im ticking the "online" option.

NPR Journalizard fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Jan 8, 2016

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

TheRat posted:

For the love of god unbind attack from left click and bind it to force move.

Oh wow dont I feel like a moron right now. Didnt even realise that was an option.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Also requesting a guild invite for drizzitdurden

About to run my first map. Very excite.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Gibbo posted:

I'm not sure if that name is awful or hilarious

Would it make it better or worse if I was playing a TS ranger?

(I was aiming for awful, but the only comment I have had on it so far was someone saying RA Salvatore does good books)

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Gibbo posted:

What? Salvatore is like.. What... Was the person that complemented you an angsty sixteen year old?

Tbh I didn't try and find out. I was certainly an angsty 16 year old when I was reading Salvatore.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

RossCo posted:

Any chance I could get a guild invite on rosscobrit?

Just hit 50 on my templar in time to realise that my skill tree is a hot mess and restart on a ranger. Good times though, no complaints!

Thoroughly recommend the TS ranger in the first post, neversink (?). The guide is very in depth and you don't need exalts worth of gear. I'm just getting into maps now and having a blast. I did splash out on a good bow though.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

If you have the cash, splash out for the unique bow, silverbranch. It lasted me till mid 30s, when I found a deaths harp, which lasted me till early 60s.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

TipsyMcStagger posted:

the issue i always have with leagues is this:

-i'm just not into trading on forums and such very much so obviously thats where my 6L and currency issues stem from.

poe.trade is your friend. Use it, seriously. Search for what you want, make sure the buyer is online, send message, trade.

Can take less than 5 minutes.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

nightwisher posted:

So this is what I get up to when I strike it lucky with drops and have many exalted to play with, next-level meta builds:

I call it the Cast When Damage Takener :v:

what the gently caress just happened.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Vorenus posted:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1397959

I don't expect to just cruise to endgame maps on random boss drops but it trying to find gear/rolling random shite/trading just feels like an intentionally massive headache. Is there any group stuff in the new ascendancy league coming up?

poe.trade makes trading easy.

I used to think trading sucked rear end, because it meant sitting in trade chat waiting for something good or hoping someone saw my ad. Thats for suckers.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Holyshoot posted:

Along with a acquition it is soo soo easy.

Oh god yes. 5 or 10 minutes to set it up, and thats it. Now people just message me asking to buy my stuff.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

TBH the worst was when I put a unique knife in the wrong stash tab, didnt realise for 5 minutes, put it in the correct one, but by that time, poe.trade had scraped my thread and put it up for sale for a bargain. For about 20 minutes i was getting a tell every 30 seconds or so asking to buy it.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

10bux posted:

No idea what build I should play, but I'm leaning towards some kind of ranged attack. Like, elemental ST or any bow skill really.

If you like shooting things, I thoroughly recommend neversinks TS ranger build.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Ezekeel posted:

Having OP legacy items that are best-in-slot and better than anything you can find in the game nowadays ruins gear progression for me which is a large part of the motivation to play this game.

So you don't like to play a game where there is the chance someone else has better gear than you.

Interesting.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Anyone got a good build for a molten strike marauder yet?

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Awesome! posted:

so what the hell do i do with all these chromes ive been saving up? trade up until i get to high tier moneys?

I always keep a bunch of stacks around, just for rerolling bad map mods on lower level maps.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Shinino Kage posted:

Not just that -- how do we handle the bandit reward that goes away?

That bits easy. Increase the other two rewards to cover the difference.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

whypick1 posted:

Related: chests show up too loving much and usually in the worst places (right next to each other/as soon you enter and area/next to map boss/...).

Are you complaining about currency chests showing up too much?

For reals?

Thats a new one for me.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Sweet, thanks. So I was pretty much on the right path with my thought process. Things have been going ridiculously smooth so far though so either Normal is just scaled really hilariously low or we're building very correctly. Looking forward to getting down this rabbit hole to find another rabbit hole.

If you are on standard, I have a good bow for you to use when you hit lvl 69. I followed nevershots TS ranger guide and this thing boosted my damage by a significant amount.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Can you post your tree or guide please. I'm doing an eq marauder and want to see if I'm missing anything brilliant.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

There is usually a silverbranch in the guild chest thats useful.

Then get the unique that adds an arrow after that. Deaths harp.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Just getting back into this game after months and months off (quit just after trials was released). Whats changed since then?

And can I get a guild invite please, IGN is grottylittlewanker

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Audax posted:

I made a witch because it seemed like the best character to make a D2-ish summonmancer. I am currently lvl 38 with 14 points free to spend because I have no further clue as what to get in my passives
This is my to-date skill path which is probably a lovely one to go down. For some reason I thought I had to get the full circle because it looked like a good thing?

Anyways - are summon characters viable? Should I just stop now while I'm ahead - I'm not against it, this was 2-3 nights of work.

I have been following this and its been pretty fun. I think it will end up along the same lines as what queeb posted here

Its pretty fun, and my only deaths have been because I got too cocky and stood in stupid places and didnt pay attention to health levels.

edit : You dont have to get the full circle of skill points, and if you are going a summoner I dont see much point in getting +spell damage nodes.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Bob NewSCART posted:

Just gonna toss this in here because I hadn't played in like a year(for a month, then another year prior). It's not even a fair comparison, the game feels incomparably better.

This is not an empty quote

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Fun..no idea. Pizza sticks is cheap and easy and safe tho.

Got a link to a build?

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

StashAugustine posted:

My bow assassin has 5.8k life, almost 20k evasion, arctic armor, and a shitload of leech and I still get killed all the time in red maps. This means I have to get good right

I never really liked evasion as a defensive stat, because you are never going to dodge everything, and all it takes is one hit to get through.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Can I get a critique of my GrottyLittleWanker character please. Im not sure what I should be looking at upgrading next, and where my next skill points should go. I just picked up Minion Instability, but im not 100% sold on it yet. I have gone around and grabbed as much life as seemed reasonable. I know I am over cap on resistances, but my last few upgrades just sort of happened to them as a bonus. I know my flasks need changing up, but I dont know what to.

edit : SHould I start getting gems up to 20% quality?

NPR Journalizard fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Mar 31, 2017

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Count Uvula posted:

I hate leaguestones and their finicky bullshit please help me understand why other people like them so much (i.e. second question of this Q&A post) outside of them just having more loot

I don't understand why you think they are finicky. Have a stone drop, either equip it if you like that content or don't.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Oodles posted:

I try to remember to pick up at least one portal scroll so I don't run out.

portal gem supremacy.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Goa Tse-tung posted:

yeah thats worth like ten ex

wait serious? i think i used one of those. gently caress.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

peak debt posted:

Check https://siveran.github.io/calc.html if you're trying a weird chrome. You should use an average of 312 chromes if you use the 1B recipe according to that. Or 400 if you straight up spam orbs. Using 1500ish as you say seems very weird.

Found out about this last week, used it 2 days ago to find out that it would average 80 chromes to get the colours on my gloves that I wanted. 3 chromes later rnjesus smiled and I was done. Figured I would use the rest of the chromes on my hat, and rolled the right colours in less than a stack.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Donincognito/characters

Can I get a quick critique of DonPunchy please. Im at a stage where I dont know what piece of gear to upgrade next, and where I should be going on on the skill tree. Im sort of angling towards more jewel slots for flexibility, but I have recently been in some runs where everyone was doing a shitload more damage than me. Plus more defense never really hurts. Im hanging around t8-t10 maps, because I seem to get hurt a lot if I go much higher.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Awesome! posted:

i sold the first 3 i found i think and told myself i would definitely open the next one. wondertrap. never again.

This is pretty much me, except I got a crappy 1hdr axe

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

The Wonder Weapon posted:

Ok what do I do with all of this

Stop picking up scrolls
Go to currency.poe.trade and convert the rest to chaos.
Use more stash tabs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Jusupov posted:

Late May/Early June: The Fall of Oriath Beta begins.
Approximately July 2017: The Fall of Oriath full release.

Beta pushed back rip

poo poo thats enough time to roll another char on legacy

• Locked thread