Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Wanamingo posted:

Hey, Pluggers. I haven't thought about that comic in a while, I wonder what it's up to.

Oh.

e:
I'm pretty sure that if you say your heart is young and gay these days absolutely NO ONE wonders what you mean. :gay:
(also I looked up the song they're singing on the tube and man that was even older than I expected)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing J-Man

That mug. :allears:

But the mustache is certainly not doing him any favors on either mug.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Darthemed posted:

Just to be sure, this strip's never really good, right? Or did it just lose the funniness over time?
It used to be a lot better, but I'm not so sure you'd actually call it good. I've read a few older strips, which didn't have any animals in them, and they weren't nearly as dreadful. Personally I'd rate the older ones about the same as old Broomhilda (or a bit below that) which incidentally also didn't use to be as bad as it is today. Both were worse than old Wizard of Id, old (pre-preach) BC, old Beetle Bailey and similar stuff. So that should give you an idea, I hope.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Way to miss the point of the journey.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Metro in Sweden has been running some comic with almost kindergarten art and I hadn't read one for months until today and they were bragging about adding a whole lot more comics of what they claimed was high quality art but it still looked like something a child would throw together. Even worse than Intelligent Life but at least it wasn't something looking like a rough sketch of a comic. I just can't stand it.

Captain_Maclaine posted:

His eye twitches, involuntarily.
:love:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Julet Esqu posted:

Sally Forth

Aww, kiddo. :smith:
First is the worst, right? :smith:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Tiggum posted:

All the complaining you do about how customers make your job terrible and this is how you treat someone with an even worse job than yours?
To be fair it's probably more pleasant than listening to her voice.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Do you seriously not know the directions to the place where you work? Is that how you start the commute every day? Is something like take route # in <direction> too difficult? Maybe it's different in America but I have NEVER seen a mall that didn't have huge signs and billboards directing you when you get to the closest off ramp or intersections.

I am angry. Angry about lovely comics. :rant:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

The MSJ posted:

Scott Adams: scared of smart women.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Everett True is my hero. :allears:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I was just waiting for that. :golfclap:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Calaveron posted:

These two are my favorite non-Sunday non-storyline Calvin and Hobbes strips. They're just fantastic.
Yes, they are absolutely amazing.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Wanamingo posted:

Deep Dark Fears
The screams are only inside your head.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Tiggum posted:

So why'd you tell her to brush her teeth if she hasn't had breakfast yet?
It must be some weird american thing. For some reason it's not too uncommon in comics and such.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Aardmania posted:

Gil 10/25/15
Poor Gil is in for such a disappointment, Darth Dork throwing tantrums like a child and then when he takes off his mask for the first time. :cripes: :(

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

The MSJ posted:

I, on the other hand, was happy that I was right about Kylo being a representation of the Star Wars fandom the same way Nero in Star Trek 2009 was based on Trekkies.
That's a great way to think about it. :)

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Trickjaw posted:

This is a Nancy strip we can all enjoy.
It would be a lot better if certain characters switched places.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Selachian posted:

Wait a moment. Wasn't there a strip where Everett dealt with a neighbor who complained about him cutting his lawn too early in the morning? My gosh, Everett True is a hypocrite!
Look at the clock in the first panel, and wonder. :psyduck:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Kennel posted:

Fingerpori

Fingerpori is the best. We need to find a way to combine it with Outbursts of Everett True. :allears:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Darthemed posted:

Calvin and Hobbes
I just love this.

RandomFerret posted:

Ballard Street

Weird, usually cartoon sneezes propel the character backwards, not forward.
If he leaned too far forward so he got his head between his leg when sneezing it would have propelled him forward and doing a roll to land on his stomach. Crazier things have happened on that street.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Or maybe the other people were just dressed normally and didn't carry large dollar bags.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

:v:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Ardeem posted:

Pterry did it better. :britain:
So much better it's not even worth comparing.

:rip: :(

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I know I'm going to regret asking, but what in the world is a "social justice warrior"? Is it something like a "nice guy" or a mens right activist? :gonk:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

SomeMathGuy posted:

Presumably the sort of people who would think two individuals who just happen to be from the same continent would automatically make good roommates.
No no no, the point is that you have to keep them separated from the others as much as possible. Maybe with some private bathrooms, private dining areas, private entrances, special places on the buses and so on.

Poil fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Jun 19, 2016

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Stultus Maximus posted:

:psyduck:

What is wrong with that man?
Maybe his house has a leaky gas pipe or he has a large bottle of glue open on his desk.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Odonata posted:

Ye Olde Fox Trot
I'm really loving this, and the whole arc, more than I probably should. :)

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Freight is cheap as hell and barely makes up anything at all of the cost.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Evil Mastermind posted:

To paraphrase Sir Terry Pratchett, you have to keep people like that occupied with things like this, otherwise they could get up to anything.
Like filling the kitchen sink with human skulls?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Oh get over yourself already. Based on my own experiences working retail I think it's just the way some people begin the conversation.

Green Intern posted:

Why does a restaurant have a bathtub?
A better question would be why don't all restaurants have bathtubs? :v:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Hjalmar posted:

You know, Heavenly Nostrils is one of the best modern newspaper comics, but I hate that I know why she makes these jokes about shaving.
Personally I think it's kinda hilarious. It's not like the shaving jokes have been tasteless or creepy in any way. :v:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

My Lovely Horse posted:

You know, this storyline is neither neurotic gross-out humor nor unbelievably racist nor mentally stuck in the 50s, but instead just everyone involved plumbing the depths of stupidity, and I can't help but enjoy it. The other shoe will drop soon enough, but for the time being, good work, Bud Grace.
A lot of the Piranha Club/Ernie is this kind of stupid which is why I generally like the comic. :shobon:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

You'd think that reason would already be included in the first 27.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

"Oh doc... the agony! These terrible comics are killing me! I need something for the pain!"

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Beautiful. :allears:

WickedHate posted:

That's a clean burning hell I tell ya hwat.
Taste the meat, not the heat.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Where we're meddling we don't need eyes.

But how about some nice pills instead?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Very subtle social commentary there.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I just can't get enough of watching Spiderman get bricked and punched in the head. :)

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

I'm 12 years old.
Me too, because I laughed at it. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I'm not sure that would be appropriate in traffic. :allears:

• Locked thread