Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Oh no, what if I can't get my PS+ games tomorrow :geno:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Why isn't Patton an anime babe?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

It's free for me on the website.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Mayor McCheese posted:

Thief talk: go into it like it has nothing to do with Thief and it's an easier pill to swallow. Pretend fake Garrett thinks he's really cool and charming and is Batman and there's a gas leak nearby always.

Or play something else.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Minidust posted:

Between general married adult life... and like, just having games on other consoles/PC to play, I never actually play all the PS+ games from a given month. So I've always got games from the "good" months still backed up to play, which I need a subscription to do, so keeping my PS+ subscription is good in my book. And I only have a PS3!

I never play any of them because I'm not interested in them. I play a lot of other games though and enjoy my free time.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Saoshyant posted:

NA deal for PS3 owners: digital code of the Sly Cooper Trilogy for a whooping $2.50. Store seems safe.

This worked, thanks.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Starting to sound like ASB isn't worth $5.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

This is the worst steam sale yet, gently caress this

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Savage Moon is a PlayStation 3 and PSP tower defense strategy game

The game was released for download from European PSN on 24 December 2008 and in North America on 29 January 2009.

Wow.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

I love content.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

axleblaze posted:

Hey at least we get a "new" Shantae this week.

That game is really good.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

What a coincidence, I'm also a dynamic meme sentence generator.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

sports game carers lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

mallamp posted:

This is somethingawful dot com, majority of users are dead inside
Platformers always make me think of that ulilillia dude, just can't take them seriously as an adult

You have brain damage.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

kalensc posted:

The E3 sale and $15 Code for spending $100 are intriguing. Unsure if there's $100 of good deals on games I want though, already own a lot of them.

Middle-Earth GotY looks really solid. After that, anyone have thoughts on the merits of these games?

InFamous: Second Son - Dust: Elysian Tail was fantastic, would this fill my quota of "learn flashy moves and smack enemies around on a whim"?

Alien: Isolation - Two great movies I saw last century (lol the rest), is the game worth it if you're just a very casual fan of the series?

Darksiders Ii - I remember the first was described as Zelda with new ideas, looked neat but I never played it. Is this solid enough for a port from last gen?

Unravel - Visually striking, and I enjoyed Child of Light and Rayman a lot. Does this game come close to those two in substance and fun gameplay?

Dark Souls II - Only games from the series I've tried was Demon's Souls on the 360. If I get this on sale, would it be worthwhile to play Dark Souls I first? Realistic to foresee a DS1 PS4 re-release in the future?

That totals $80, what might I have overlooked? JC3 looks too buggy on consoles, Destiny seems ok but still a bit flawed, never tried an AC game nor Warh Dogs, and I own MGSV, Child of Light, Tomb Raider, Diablo 3, Arkham Knight, and Rayman.

Thanks for any suggestions!

The Hatsune Miku Project Diva F 2nd Costume Club Season Pass should put you over your limit.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

It's probably the best mechanic of that generation and honestly I can't remember anything about spiderman 2 except the web physics and I nearly 100% that game lol

100%ing Spider-Man 2 seemed insane.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

theres a bunch of different sets of secret poo poo to collect that you find like 2 of 10000 while playing normal

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

jabro posted:

All the guy had to do was recreate New York

lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I recently bought a Vita, mostly to play PS One games that I missed out on back in the day. I don't mind the going price for them, but how often do they go on sale? I figure I am in no rush to play anything right now so if I can hold off and wait for sales but not having much experience with PSN as a store I don't know how often that might be.

There's different sales every week, and there's normally some PS1 games in there.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

For instance, this week, Suikoden 2 and Misadventures of Tron Bonne are both on sale.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Shnag posted:

Is it too much to want a 'real' PS4 game for PS+? As in a game full sized game that had a original $69 price tag and was available on disc in a store. Getting games "that are also playable on vita!" seems like a rip off, considering i don't have a ps3 or psp. Rebel galaxy looks interesting, though I haven't heard of it until now, i think it still a PSN game. I guess PS3 is getting some decent games because of its age, but it just seems stupid to advertise "free games!" when sony doesn't seem do any more plus games like the Injustice (which was available before I bought my ps4 :argh:) for the ps4

Yeah! Where the gently caress is Knack?!?!

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

The PS4 has a dogshit library. There are no games to give away.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

The Bouncer rules.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

axleblaze posted:

The thing is I wouldn't really mind if people actually were complaining about the games but no one's actually said an unkind word about the two PS4 games. It's just been complaints about how they aren't AAA or they are humble bundle quality, and other vague complaints that don't really mean all that much. Like I'm not even really the type to make a "gamers are so entitled" argument but at the same time I'm not seeing all that much that counteracts that in this specific case.

You're not entitled to interesting posts to read just because you paid $10.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

barren_sky posted:

I *love* Journey, and I *love* water games, but Abzu looks like such a complete rip-off of Journey in almost every way that it kinda puts me off it a bit. I know, it has one of the original Journey guys on the team, but still. I'm sure I'll end up getting it anyways though.

Get Gal Gun instead imo

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Policenaut posted:

Jesus christ Sony just give me folders already the FUNCTIONALITY IS ALREADY PRESENT ON PS4 COME ON

oh, uh, and maybe a Note system for your friends? And an Activity Log.

And Sony Smash Siblings 2 staring featuring playable small Knack and a big Knack stage

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

ps1 classics already owned should work.
i can get that ps2 classics wouldn't because of cell processor bullshit but ps1 has no excuse

also hooray for ape escape

Cell was PS3.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

jabro posted:

It's okay for people to like something you don't.

It's okay for people to post about not liking something others do.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

Thats the thing people always say, that it wasn't Final Fantasy enough, but what that means is confusing because every FF game is completely different.

They should add Wakka.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

The PS4 cannot play PS1 games. It's not as powerful as the PS3.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

rabidsquid posted:

UC1 is 9 years old now and its formula has been heavily refined since then. its dated.

People complained plenty when it was new.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

I love buying things. I love content.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Capcom Pro Tour and Mountain Dew Kickstart FTW

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

DF's videos are going to be really interesting when they can finally get their hands on a pro.
No they won't.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Kilometers Davis posted:

The whole uproar about the PS4 Pro not playing UHD Blu rays was really goofy too. It's 2016 c'mon people.

Goons are complete idiots about the silliest things, that's your answer. They work fine unless you're incapable of basic motor skills or approach every button at full strength and speed.

You're a goon.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

MisterAlex posted:

I agree Battleborn has its issues, but do you think all Gearbox titles are crap? Because if so, I can't fully take you seriously.

YEAH! Borderlands is awesome!

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Emalde posted:

It brings tears to my eyes if I think too hard about how we managed to get a game where it was okay for "rare" tier unidentified loot to identify down to "uncommon" tier loot in the modern age of gaming.

Yes, it was one of the first things they patched out, but holy poo poo.

Loot is stupid.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Agreed, I enjoyed BL2 and Destiny as shooters. Had nothing to do with loot. I'll never understand people who get so obsessed with having the biggest numbers, but I guess those sorts of autistic/ocd leanings are common with gamers.

Tried Diablo 3 and hated it because that game has zero gameplay. There's nothing redeemable if you aren't loot obsessed.

Loot lust is a disease. Be careful.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

zenintrude posted:

Sorry to hear that The Order 1886 murdered your family :(

Grow up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004